The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

This is one genius' answer to the question "how do we get back at the authorities?"

**** the boycotts and weakened team stuff, just rewind the years and make sure they're embarrassed by the singing on the terraces.

Watch them trying to explain that when they're looking for new sponsorship.

Mind boggles!

The thing is Ashley knows the SFA are weak. They have already spoke about "Armageddon" if Rangers were to desist.

He'll probably continue on the road he is going, ploughing loans into them whenever necessary and keeping them alive. If the SFA meddle then he may threaten to recall all his money thus sending them into administration and 'armageddon' will ensue. He knows the SFA/SPFL will do everything possible to ensure that this doesn't happen.

So unless the SFA/SPFL grow some bollocks, he'll have free reign to do what he wants.

I do expect him to get the company profitable again, and to do so he'll need to start selling tangible assets and ridding the club of their liabilities.

Still, it's hard to see what his end game is and why he would be interested in the club unless he is willing to plough millions into them and making them competitive on the field in Scotland and beyond for very little return.

(I know, I know, but ...) Phil MacIrishname is saying interesting stuff on Twitter about Ashley v SFA ... On phone so too tricky to copy ...

A number of times on this thread - both indirectly and directly people have pointed out to you times where Ashley has taken a gamble either on the off chance of making a profit or as a calculated gamble yet you ignore those points and plough on making the same argument over and over again.

No one knows exactly what is in his head, but what you fail to be grasping in no example in the past has ashley shown to just throw millions into a black hole with no return. This is what he would have to do to turn around rangers. He wouldn't see a return for years. Even then, it would be less than he gets with Newcastle (they are making a profit and in lieu to him for ?127 million in a league where there is billions available) so wouldn't it be logical to suggest that Ashley will look to lock up all the profitable revenue streams (as he has done with the retail) lend money he can secure against property/security (as he has done) until there is nothing left?

He is not a rangers fan. He is a businessman.

Look go over all of my posts and let me know of any post where I have even half no even a quarter suggested that MA is in anyway a Rangers fan ?? I just don't get why I am being cross examined as a rangers fan?

My original post was that no one person on here, myself included, has a clue as to this man's intention nor motive for what he is doing... but people speculate and by and large the speculation is that it will mean no good for Rangers in terms of the team they will have on the park. My question is why must that be the case? And I will re ask the question why would/should that be? Secondly why must I be an obvious Rangers fan for even asking the question ? Thirdly is it outwith the realms of possibility that he has a big plan for Rangers and that all the speculation that he is in for what he an get out is wrong ?

Also in the news some bam wants to take on Ayr Untd and spend ?45 million over the next 6 years taking them to the premiership... he is of course quite mad as there is absolutely no way Ayr Untd will ever be anything other that a crappy wee outfit am I right? Question what has my opinion got to do with this mans thoughts and quest for Ayr Untd and what are the relevance of my thoughts? Yes you are right nothing and nothing he will do it because he has an idea.

Edited by jock _turd

Again I would have agree but exactly the same rules apply at Celtic or any club for that matter it depends how high you set the bar. We as a club, I am talking about Hearts here in case there is a question about that, are currently riding the wave of not only our very existence but a remarkable run of good form. I don't care what anybody has to say to the contrary but had we had a continued run of really bad defeats at the start of the season thing would be very much different, things would not be nearly as rosy as they are at the present moment, crowds would quickly have diminished and apathy would have I am afraid quite quickly set in. Sorry for making that comment but to make a point about the way things are you have to bring negativity into the debate to see how they could be given another scenario.

Seeing as we're talking about what ifs

If the sfa had a set of balls at the start then the rangers wouldn't even have got in any of the leagues as they never had three years accounts

And we wouldn't be having any of these discussions

E.g.

@Pmacgiollabhain: I think what we are now witnessing is the outworking of the reputational damage done to SFA in 2012 in their rush to accomodate Charlie.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

(I know, I know, but ...) Phil MacIrishname is saying interesting stuff on Twitter about Ashley v SFA ... On phone so too tricky to copy ...

I pretty much agree with what he's saying. The SFA don't have the shoes for this and in many ways they're like FIFA. They're quite happy to make cosy decisions even if it leads to them being ridiculed by the public.

All I know if that if this was happening in England, the FA (or the Premier League/Football League/whatever) would be under massive pressure to take the club to the cleaners.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

E.g.

@Pmacgiollabhain: I think what we are now witnessing is the outworking of the reputational damage done to SFA in 2012 in their rush to accomodate Charlie.

I'm no fan of the guy, but I think he's spot on here.

I'm no fan of the guy, but I think he's spot on here.

...apart from the use of the word "outworking."  Yeuch, what a horrible made-up word.

Puts Regan, Doncaster, and the rest of them on the spot. If they buckle on this club ownership here is open to anyone and the people who run the game here will have totally lost the little self respect they still have.

...apart from the use of the word "outworking."  Yeuch, what a horrible made-up word.

?

It is not a made up word.

From the Oxford dictionary -

Definition of outworking in English: NOUN

[MASS NOUN]

1The action or process by which something is brought to completion:the practical outworking of EU legislation

Look go over all of my posts and let me know of any post where I have even half no even a quarter suggested that MA is in anyway a Rangers fan ?? I just don't get why I am being cross examined as a rangers fan?

My original post was that no one person on here, myself included, has a clue as to this man's intention nor motive for what he is doing... but people speculate and by and large the speculation is that it will mean no good for Rangers in terms of the team they will have on the park. My question is why must that be the case?

Why get upset about a football website ? If you don't agree ? Fine. If People disagree with you ? Fine.

As for MA and his intentions : well, none of us know. But I'd suggest what MA has done at NUFC suggests he doesn't really have any interest in football per se. Aside from the well documented money pouring out of NUFC into the coffers of Sports Direct there was a link here to a newspaper article somewhere recently that said NUFC had no interest in winning domestic cup competitions as their research showed that often it had a detrimental effect , even relegation , sometimes. So , NUFC, a team that is never going to win their domestic league championship isn't even trying to win a domestic cup. NUFC fans must have been overjoyed to read that.

There is of course a difference with Sevco fans. They demand and expect success. Unlike fans of NUFC (who fill out St James Park every week) , even with no prospect on ever winning anything , fans of Sevco will drift away when the realization hits that Sevco aint going to be winning anything substantial for very , very long time. But MA won't care so long as he has the IP, branding , merchandising and title deeds.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

...apart from the use of the word "outworking." Yeuch, what a horrible made-up word.

Better than "upselling", to be fair. :D

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Why get upset about a football website ? If you don't agree ? Fine. If People disagree with you ? Fine.

As for MA and his intentions : well, none of us know. But I'd suggest what MA has done at NUFC suggests he doesn't really have any interest in football per se. Aside from the well documented money pouring out of NUFC into the coffers of Sports Direct there was a link here to a newspaper article somewhere recently that said NUFC had no interest in winning domestic cup competitions as their research showed that often it had a detrimental effect , even relegation , sometimes. So , NUFC, a team that is never going to win their domestic league championship isn't even trying to win a domestic cup. NUFC fans must have been overjoyed to read that.

There is of course a difference with Sevco fans. They demand and expect success. Unlike fans of NUFC (who fill out St James Park every week) , even with no prospect on ever winning anything , fans of Sevco will drift away when the realization hits that Sevco aint going to be winning anything substantial for very , very long time. But MA won't care so long as he has the IP, branding , merchandising and title deeds.

"It's only a messageboard"

What an Oracle that guy was.

?

It is not a made up word.

From the Oxford dictionary -

Definition of outworking in English: NOUN

[MASS NOUN]

1The action or process by which something is brought to completion:the practical outworking of EU legislation

OK.  Sounded like a Yoda word to me, or something that would be said by an Apprentice contestant.

I P Knightley

To be fair to Turd, I don't get the impression he's upset about disagreement.

If you had a handful of people picking the edges off your posts and calling you a Rangers fan, it would be slightly less than "fine".

My original post was that no one person on here, myself included, has a clue as to this man's intention nor motive for what he is doing... but people speculate and by and large the speculation is that it will mean no good for Rangers in terms of the team they will have on the park. My question is why must that be the case? And I will re ask the question why would/should that be? Secondly why must I be an obvious Rangers fan for even asking the question ? Thirdly is it outwith the realms of possibility that he has a big plan for Rangers and that all the speculation that he is in for what he an get out is wrong ?

Also in the news some bam wants to take on Ayr Untd and spend ?45 million over the next 6 years taking them to the premiership... he is of course quite mad as there is absolutely no way Ayr Untd will ever be anything other that a crappy wee outfit am I right? Question what has my opinion got to do with this mans thoughts and quest for Ayr Untd and what are the relevance of my thoughts? Yes you are right nothing and nothing he will do it because he has an idea.

I didn't say

a) you were a rangers fan

B - you said mike ashley was.

What i was saying is most people are using logic to suggest how a impartial businessman would act in the situation, based on precedent of what he's done before, and logic.

What you are suggesting (investing millions more to turn them around) would only be done by someone thinking with their heart not their head, ie a rangers fan.

Ashley is not rangers leaning. He's proved a number of times he thinks (and has stated as much when directly asked re rangers when asked at the sports direct agm) only about the sports direct profit margin.

Quick tip - breathe before you reply. I was not attacking you, merely engaging in rational debate.

I accept that ashley may not run rangers into the ground but I ask you one thing, point me to any evidence where him blindly throwing 10+ million at rangers with no guaranteed security or return is likely

Edited by Dalstonjambo

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Just pause for a second and try to imagine how immediate and harsh our punishment would have been if Vlad, told to have no influence at Hearts, had then appointed Rodney CEO. You'd be talking about the threat of expulsion. :lol:

wow, did this thread really reach 1400 pages! Many more to come me thinks!

Looking forward to it reaching 1690.

Hagar the Horrible

BBC Saying Ally expects to see out the full 12 months. Not all bad news then.

As talks broke down on a settlement agreement with Llambias; Today at the press conference when asked if he thinks he will see out his notice period (12 months) he replied ABSOLUTELY.....brilliant news for us

There was a time when if you had a problem with someone you merely pointed at them and shouted "witch". Internet forums are no different really if someone does not have a mainstream view or one that points out another possibility they are the "witch"

Reminds me of the Chewing The Fat sketch of Mr Ashtray being shown around Ibrox by Somers:  Good Guy.  W@nk.  W@nk.. W@nk.  W@nk...

BBC Saying Ally expects to see out the full 12 months. Not all bad news then.

That's just his negotiating position. Can't believe he really expects to be there in February.

That's just his negotiating position. Can't believe he really expects to be there in February.

Except MA doesn't strike me as the type to negotiate?

OK, so how much would it cost to drag the existing Rangers setup up to challenge for SPL honours, and gain some European football. Obviously there's three year bans to deal with, but clearing existing third party debts, refreshing the team, getting rid of Super Salary and replacing him, doing all the work needed on Ibrox etc - how much do we think they'd need?  ?20m? ?40m? More? Less?  The only way MA will gain any chance of a return on his money by actually running the thing would be to invest those sort of sums and wait. 

The other way he can gain all of this exposure would be to sponsor the SPFL, which I'd be willing to bet he'd get for a lot cheaper than a Sevco repair bill and wouldn't drive Timothy away from his stores....

Except MA doesn't strike me as the type to negotiate?

If he wants to cut costs asap then he will need to make some pay offs.

As talks broke down on a settlement agreement with Llambias; Today at the press conference when asked if he thinks he will see out his notice period (12 months) he replied ABSOLUTELY.....brilliant news for us

But ... would anyone, in his position, say "naw, I'll be away on Monday"...?

Or I'll be away as soon as I can get a payoff, funded by another share issue by the loyal berrrs....

Hagar the Horrible

NOPE, you dig in and see it out, he is holding all the right cards?  But I still think they will try and use him as a scapegoat at the AGM?  I think they will miss read the crown, although the fans want him gone they know with all that's gone before, he needs his contract honoured??? 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

What a horrendous article. The bottom line is that even if these players were playing out of their skins, the wages they've been getting in what are basically amateur leagues would still be ludicrous.

Entitlement. McMurdo reeks of it.

I didn't say

a) you were a rangers fan

B - you said mike ashley was.

What i was saying is most people are using logic to suggest how a impartial businessman would act in the situation, based on precedent of what he's done before, and logic.

What you are suggesting (investing millions more to turn them around) would only be done by someone thinking with their heart not their head, ie a rangers fan.

Ashley is not rangers leaning. He's proved a number of times he thinks (and has stated as much when directly asked re rangers when asked at the sports direct agm) only about the sports direct profit margin.

Quick tip - breathe before you reply. I was not attacking you, merely engaging in rational debate.

I accept that ashley may not run rangers into the ground but I ask you one thing, point me to any evidence where him blindly throwing 10+ million at rangers with no guaranteed security or return is likely

At no point have I suggested he would blindly put in tens of millions without any security over the investment... I have already said he is not daft all I have said that nobody knows what his intentions actually are... but I have been led to believe by all and sundry on here that he is a gambling man and will lose millions in a nights gambling he does sound like the sort of man that can make a decision that others may find shall we say intimidating.

I like you think that my input to the debate is rational as well the fact that it does not agree with the thoughts of others who also do not have a single clue as to the mans thoughts on Rangers does not make my thoughts on the subject and more or any less rational than your or anybody else's input is.

Edited by jock _turd

brunoatemyhamster

If he wants to cut costs asap then he will need to make some pay offs.

OR He lets them go into admin.

The Rangers are not Mike Ashleys responsibility.............at the moment.

Edited by brunoatemyhamster

NOPE, you dig in and see it out, he is holding all the right cards?  But I still think they will try and use him as a scapegoat at the AGM?  I think they will miss read the crown, although the fans want him gone they know with all that's gone before, he needs his contract honoured??? 

Correct.  he does not want to do anything that might be construed as in breach of contract that would give the Board a reason to sack him without any payment.   Ally is going by the book as he has probably been advised to do by his legal team.

As long as he turns up for work then the club have to pay him. Or the club can terminate his contract and pay him what he is entitled to.  

There are no winners here. On or off the park.  Glorious, isn't it?

To be fair to Turd, I don't get the impression he's upset about disagreement.

If you had a handful of people picking the edges off your posts and calling you a Rangers fan, it would be slightly less than "fine".

Thank you !

Barney Rubble

Think Mike Ashleys mission here is to make sevco NUFC's feeder club , come Euro time if both teams qualify its sorry sevco not this time  :groundhog: . Oh how the mighty have fallen , and we laughed  and laughed   :gok: 

I think the end game isn't what Ashley is going to do but what he is allowed to do. 

Which is totally dependent on the authorities flexibility in bending over for him.

And they wonder how they are going down the tubes again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

However he is right about one thing and that is if you pay peanuts you get monkeys, only in Rangers' case you pay big bucks and you get monkeys or donkeys more like.

"McCoist isn't in charge of a pub team": I take it McMurdo hasn't seen Rangers play then lately. 

"Rangers must sign players with a strong work ethic and lazy mercenaries should be avoided":  

They weren't lazy mercenaries when they were humping Joiners, Plumbers, Posties & Fishermen 6-0, and they weren't lazy mercenaries when they won the league by 39pts, however they are now called lazy mercenaries because they are not steamrolling full-time teams like before.

"With no disrespect to lesser teams, if we start paying what lesser teams pay we will become one of them":  No you won't as the lesser teams are not going broke, ya clown.

The Treasurer

McMurdo is just the latest in a long line of pundits/media/roasters who can't grasp the fact that the rotting carcass they talk about is no longer rangers as they know it.

Edited by The Treasurer

6a7128d7c7ffc4edad8c41b326d85990.jpg

Why do they insist on using language that attempts to make their nonsense sound as if it has been lifted from the Bible, or suchlike?

"Thus shall and should it ever be" - I mean, come on!!!!!

All part of the entitlement syndrome they suffer from I suppose.

@Pmacgiollabhain: I am hearing that the RIFC board were told yesterday by Mr Llambias that there are definitely more cuts on the way.

#Austerity

Why do they insist on using language that attempts to make their nonsense sound as if it has been lifted from the Bible, or suchlike?

"Thus shall and should it ever be" - I mean, come on!!!!!

All part of the entitlement syndrome they suffer from I suppose.

From another thread, '"hubris" cometh before a fall' or, in their case, before, during and after!

Ally's not a lame Duck he claims. He is the right man for The Rangers, he says. But won't give his reasons for resigning.

6a7128d7c7ffc4edad8c41b326d85990.jpg

This is the type of watp attitude that killed Rangers and would also kill Sevco if it were not for the fact M. Ashley (Through Lambias) operates in the real world & those days are gone for the club/franchise currently playing out of ?1broke.

McMurdo will come to hate the word "Austerity" come January. :lol:

One problem with way of thinking McMurdo is....well I thought it would have been obvious by now, take time out from spouting shite and think about money in and money out.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic