The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

It is difficult to feel any great sympathy for McCoist mostly because of the huge sums of money he has taken out of the club. In many respects he is a bit like Gary Locke played for the club as a fan, managed the club as a fan but was being paid huge sums and not really good enough at managing a football team. I would add though that I think GL was a better manager than AM.

That may be true but it does not make me a Rangers fan :) however if he had read the post he would have seen the quotation marks at both statements and the words multi quote at the end of the quote... I then added my post.

The problem on here is that if you make any comment that in anyway makes it sound that you have some interest other than MA only being in there to fleece the rangers club, fans and run the team down then you become one of "them"... most of the idiots posting on here were not even around when I set out watching Hearts play! And yet for even daring to have an enquiring mind as to what MA's real motivation might be ... you are an interloping Rangers fan!

I was, around that is, unless you're in your 70's. and, even then, my support started in 1956.

That is a very suspicious remark - just lost it for a moment or, a give away?

I P Knightley

Meanwhile, in the papers today.273c3e9455bbba4e0401a9fcd40a1e38.jpga47ebc59e26859ba013fb4a2c0daba89.jpg

Oh, go on then:

Ally, you're a dud.

I thought his wording was odd when asked why he'd resigned: "I would keep that private".

Not, "I would prefer to keep that private." Or "it's a private matter". But "I would keep it private, only I've been paid a sack load for an exclusive where I open my heart to the paper."

Ally, you're a fud.

I think he'll use the threat of administration as a means to get Green to deal on the contracts.  It'll still cost a fortune to get out of them, but maybe a smaller one.

I wonder how much money Chuck and chums have made thus far from Rangers, and how much they'll continue to rake in if things stay as they are.

Too many Rangers fans addicted to the sugar dripped in by Murray over the years - every other club in Scotland seems to understand the game revolves around living within your means.  Remember Bill Miller?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17996474

~

Jon Pritchett, chief executive of Club 9 Sports, had been advising Miller and revealed that the American businessman had received "vitriolic" emails from fans.

"There are big legacy costs as a result of doing things poorly over a number of years, structural and commercial problems," Pritchett explained.

"It would be a hard time turning things around and implementing structural changes and discipline. Such changes would have made Bill very unpopular given the way things have operated.

"Even after Bill announced his austerity measures last week there were people within the club asking how much money was available to be spent. It would take a fairly large amount of money to keep it from dying.

"The second factor is some of the contingency liabilities: are the players coming or going? What are the final decisions with regard to the SFA and SPL and sanctions?

"The third factor was more about the environment. It was a fairly inhospitable environment for Bill.

"He was getting hundreds of emails every day - vitriol and expletive-filled.

"Bill felt like it was a pretty unwelcoming environment. He would have had to do a lot of things that would make him less popular."

Looks like he understood the situation from the get go, but was hounded out, driving Rangers into the hands of Green and his cronies. 

Well done Rangers fans, well done.  But I think we are back to the situation Miller saw - but fans will now live with it.

Probably a fair bit worse. I see the the stadium and training ground being rented to the football side.

Merchandise monies going massively to Sports Direct.

While I agree with most of this, the  'substantial spending power' is predicated on 40k bluenoses rocking up for home games. But they're just not doing that and it will need a large bone tossed in by MA to get them back on side. It's the nature of the 'bone' that intrigues me ... if such exists

Got to agree with that! The problem being that they don't have the wherewithal to understand that their club would actually being saved during the process unlike our supporters who were active in the saving of the club and many have a stake in the future of the club.

The Mighty Thor

Oh, go on then:

Ally, you're a dud.

I thought his wording was odd when asked why he'd resigned: "I would keep that private".

Not, "I would prefer to keep that private." Or "it's a private matter". But "I would keep it private, only I've been paid a sack load for an exclusive where I open my heart to the paper."

Ally, you're a fud.

I'm loving the MSM's shan attempt at painting Swally as some kind of innocent victim in all this. :lol:

It's fecking risible. He's shafted them for 3 years at ?800k and trousered a load of shares for virtually nothing (mind you that's their approximate value too)

You never heard a peep out the sleekit shitehouse when he was spunking huge amounts of cash they didn't have to skoosh the lower leagues against the postmen and bakers etc but now it's getting a wee bit more difficult he's whining. Says it all about the man. 

I was, around that is, unless you're in your 70's. and, even then, my support started in 1956.

I was born in 55 so no not seventy and that comment was made not generally aimed at the all posters and was not meant to mean that the posters on here are all idiots, so please accept my apologies for that faux pas. It was aimed at the ejits who think just because I have an enquiring mind as to what MA's plans actually are and that his plans may not necessarily be bad for Rangers... if you want to include yourself go right ahead.

Locke, I wouldn't imagine, was being paid huge sums. Not trying to be picky sorry.

No what I meant was that GL was not drawing down a salary of the proportions of AM his role was purely as a fans of the club on what I would have thought was a modest salary.

Still waiting for you to correct my "shakey at best" knowledge, Martin.

I've tried twice already without success, it's clearly above your level of understanding.

I've tried twice already without success, it's clearly above your level of understanding.

Correct my previous post where I described the nature of the deal then? Or is that beyond you?

That may be true but it does not make me a Rangers fan :) however if he had read the post he would have seen the quotation marks at both statements and the words multi quote at the end of the quote... I then added my post.

The problem on here is that if you make any comment that in anyway makes it sound that you have some interest other than MA only being in there to fleece the rangers club, fans and run the team down then you become one of "them"... most of the idiots posting on here were not even around when I set out watching Hearts play! And yet for even daring to have an enquiring mind as to what MA's real motivation might be ... you are an interloping Rangers fan!

He's had posts removed as well, called somebody something not very nice earlier today but the post is not there now.

Calling people "Idiots" amongst other things isn't very mature for someone of his alleged age.

The Mighty Thor

7931dfd02229e3ef98dcf5111ca7f65e.jpg

He's called Sleeket for a reason. :lol:

Rumour now has it that Rotheram are preparing a ?1m bid for Macleod January.

More faces than the town clock :lol:

A world class self preservationist is our Alistair. 

?1m for MacLeod? :rofl:

The Future's Maroon

?1m for MacLeod is a joke surely? ANY team in the world should realise they are in Scotland's 2nd tier and toiling financially....half of that would be a reasonable bid, if not still too much.

?1m for MacLeod is a joke surely? ANY team in the world should realise they are in Scotland's 2nd tier and toiling financially....half of that would be a reasonable bid, if not still too much.

Even if they only got 400,000 for him a compliant press would still headline it as a million.

My Brother-in-Law thinks he's worth at least ?1.5m, why?  Simply because he's a good prospect and he plays for Rangers, that's his reasoning.

I asked him about their last great prospect, John Fleck and what ever happened to him, you know the new Messi according to the huns, and didn't they want him to play for Scotland before he'd made a first team appearance for Rangers.

He was shocked when I told him he plays for Coventry in the 3rd tier of English football, that's how great a prospect he turned out to be.

The Future's Maroon

I didnt doubt the story Farin, but no-one apart from the media mentioned ?1m (plus add on there)...the Rotherham boss even said he wont comment, so really its the press trying to push his price up more than anything.

My Brother-in-Law thinks he's worth at least ?1.5m, why?  Simply because he's a good prospect and he plays for Rangers, that's his reasoning.

Maybe five/ten years ago you could 'maybe' come out with that comment, but now I'm sorry I think your Brother-in-law is deluded (a Ger I assume also)?

He's had posts removed as well, called somebody something not very nice earlier today but the post is not there now.

Calling people "Idiots" amongst other things isn't very mature for someone of his alleged age.

The mods an sort that out but I don't think that is the case today to be honest. I have had a couple of posts removed in the past you are correct on that point. One was because of a comment made during a quite heated debate nothing more or less than that and it happened years ago the other happened a few weeks back when a person by the forum name "Bauld" had the stupidity to say that a premeditated leg snapping assault on a fellow professional footballer was just part of the game and that the recipient of the said assault should man up and get on with his life outside football as his playing days ended with that tackle. I said "I took it he had been called an A### before" nothing more most people on that thread agreed that his post is exactly what the afore mentioned would make. This makes me a Rangers fan ... really what the F do you guys smoke for gods sake. To conclude this rant I have not received any note from the mods re any posts over the last few days hope that clears things up.

Look I am not going to be badgered as being a Rangers supporter just because I don't conform to a narrow minded view that anything that MA does in connection with Rangers is going to be bad for them. In fact feel free to forensically dissect all of my posts if I have shown any leaning towards them it is only to highlight that there is more than one possible scenario and that it does not mean that his intentions and involvement have a bad out come for Rangers ... yet over ninety per cent of the post on the subject see it that way and my question still is why must this be the case. For having this view I am a interloping Rangers fan. I am going to make my view and fight my corner that I am not a fan of the Rangers. I had two quote from one rabid nut job who cannot even read a post correctly wrongly attributing quotes to me, which if he had taken the time to read properly would have been able to see this... but no his only concern was to make a point that I was a Rangers fan/apologist !!

If what I post is contrary to the "wishful thinking " on here as quoted by I P Knightly then that is just hard lines... unless of course I removed by the mods and I honestly could not understand why that should happen given what I have posted to date. So to the sceptics carry on you are more to be pitied than scorned... to the more open minded that can see that debate is more than just seeing one side of things thanks :)

rant ends :)

So if Ibrox is 'falling apart' who would be responsible for repairs in the event of an Ashley security and sale and lease back?

Edited by DETTY29

So if Ibrox is 'falling apart' who would be responsible for repairs in the even of an Ashley security and sale and lease back?

so you rent your house out and the roof has a leak unless you have proof someone has been lobbing bricks at the roof who do you think would be responsible?

I didnt doubt the story Farin, but no-one apart from the media mentioned ?1m (plus add on there)...the Rotherham boss even said he wont comment, so really its the press trying to push his price up more than anything.

Maybe five/ten years ago you could 'maybe' come out with that comment, but now I'm sorry I think your Brother-in-law is deluded (a Ger I assume also)?

Ha Ha brilliant! He must be! anybody thinking that has to be surely... maybe both are... I bet they are .. am I right eh, am I?? Comments ike the one quoted above are very, very suspicious... see I can do that too!

lost in space

The mods an sort that out but I don't think that is the case today to be honest. I have had a couple of posts removed in the past you are correct on that point. One was because of a comment made during a quite heated debate nothing more or less than that and it happened years ago the other happened a few weeks back when a person by the forum name "Bauld" had the stupidity to say that a premeditated leg snapping assault on a fellow professional footballer was just part of the game and that the recipient of the said assault should man up and get on with his life outside football as his playing days ended with that tackle. I said "I took it he had been called an A### before" nothing more most people on that thread agreed that his post is exactly what the afore mentioned would make. This makes me a Rangers fan ... really what the F do you guys smoke for gods sake. To conclude this rant I have not received any note from the mods re any posts over the last few days hope that clears things up.

Look I am not going to be badgered as being a Rangers supporter just because I don't conform to a narrow minded view that anything that MA does in connection with Rangers is going to be bad for them. In fact feel free to forensically dissect all of my posts if I have shown any leaning towards them it is only to highlight that there is more than one possible scenario and that it does not mean that his intentions and involvement have a bad out come for Rangers ... yet over ninety per cent of the post on the subject see it that way and my question still is why must this be the case. For having this view I am a interloping Rangers fan. I am going to make my view and fight my corner that I am not a fan of the Rangers. I had two quote from one rabid nut job who cannot even read a post correctly wrongly attributing quotes to me, which if he had taken the time to read properly would have been able to see this... but no his only concern was to make a point that I was a Rangers fan/apologist !!

If what I post is contrary to the "wishful thinking " on here as quoted by I P Knightly then that is just hard lines... unless of course I removed by the mods and I honestly could not understand why that should happen given what I have posted to date. So to the sceptics carry on you are more to be pitied than scorned... to the more open minded that can see that debate is more than just seeing one side of things thanks :)

Attention seeker.  Give it a rest.

so you rent your house out and the roof has a leak unless you have proof someone has been lobbing bricks at the roof who do you think would be responsible?

Exactly.

Hey come on lets be fair about this I am taking pelters for being a Rangers fan here! If you were in the same position you would have something to say as well, or would you just roll over and accept that sort of tripe? Not only that I am being demonised for calling someone, whom it would appear is unable to read a post correctly, an idiot and for innocuous posts which were removed by the mods one of them years ago... but it all points to me being an interloping Rangers supporter. So pardon me if I feel more than just a little bit put out.

That he is on both counts, mind he has mellowed a bit as he did think Rangers would win the league easily and Boyd & Miller would score for fun, now he's conceded that neither will happen.

He's one of the ones who fell hook, line & sinker for the rubbish that came out of chuckles' mouth, so delusion is something he's prone to.

That he is on both counts, mind he has mellowed a bit as he did think Rangers would win the league easily and Boyd & Miller would score for fun, now he's conceded that neither will happen.

He's one of the ones who fell hook, line & sinker for the rubbish that came out of chuckles' mouth, so delusion is something he's prone to.

He doesn't work for the press, does he?

Diadora Van Basten

Actually for Commercial Property it is usually the tenant who is responsible for repairs. So even if MASH owned Ibrox Rangers would foot the bill for the maintenance.

Hey come on lets be fair about this I am taking pelters for being a Rangers fan here! If you were in the same position you would have something to say as well, or would you just roll over and accept that sort of tripe? Not only that I am being demonised for calling someone, whom it would appear is unable to read a post correctly, an idiot and for innocuous posts which were removed by the mods one of them years ago... but it all points to me being an interloping Rangers supporter. So pardon me if I feel more than just a little bit put out.

Jock, don't you realise the more you try to prove that your not a Rangers fan the more you draw attention to yourself.

You ask what someone else would do, well if someone called me a hun or even worst a hibee for example, I would say I'm not, and folk would either believe that your a Hearts fan or they don't, that's their choice.

But to go on and on and on to try and prove that your a Hearts fan, well that's something I wouldn't do, but I suppose that's what makes us all different.

The Future's Maroon

Ha Ha brilliant! He must be! anybody thinking that has to be surely... maybe both are... I bet they are .. am I right eh, am I?? Comments ike the one quoted above are very, very suspicious... see I can do that too!

WTF?

I have avoided commenting on the debate between yourself and 'others' because I see it as very childish, for the record I don't think you are an 'interloper' of any kind and should be entitled to your opinion.

However, how the hell you can see my comment as very, very susspicious I do not know.

I'm a Dundee Utd fan if it helps!!

The Future's Maroon

Of course it is, that's why I said it was a rumour. It was interesting because it was about a club like Rotherham being linked with him that's all. I only posted the link to let folks have a read at it tbh. :lol:

Lol, no worries, I was not trying to have a dig or that.

Now you point it out, it is funny about ROTHERHAM going to bid (possibly) for a top Rangers starlet!

Edited by The Future's Maroon

Correct his points raised on the topic of this thread are fine and add something  to the debate all other posts are attention seeking and so best ignored.

Moving on what are we expecting to see from the AGM on Monday do we think this will pass by relatively quietly?

WTF?

I have avoided commenting on the debate between yourself and 'others' because I see it as very childish, for the record I don't think you are an 'interloper' of any kind and should be entitled to your opinion.

However, how the hell you can see my comment as very, very susspicious I do not know.

I'm a Dundee Utd fan if it helps!!

Sorry Future you have misinterpreted my post what I was doing was looking at your suggestion that his B-I-L and then adding my own post suggesting if his B-I-L is why not him it was supposed to be a funny illustration that has gone wrong my fault please accept my apologies nothing at all was being directed towards you.

The Future's Maroon

Something of a reality check if he went there eh?. :lol:

As someone mentioned...a step UP?!  :lol:

The Future's Maroon

Sorry Future you have misinterpreted my post what I was doing was looking at your suggestion that his B-I-L and then adding my own post suggesting if his B-I-L is why not him it was supposed to be a funny illustration that has gone wrong my fault please accept my apologies nothing at all was being directed towards you.

Coolio, no worries. 

Franco Fascione

Actually for Commercial Property it is usually the tenant who is responsible for repairs. So even if MASH owned Ibrox Rangers would foot the bill for the maintenance.

You are spot on with your statement about commercial property. Full repairing and insuring lease is the term used.

Jock, don't you realise the more you try to prove that your not a Rangers fan the more you draw attention to yourself.

You ask what someone else would do, well if someone called me a hun or even worst a hibee for example, I would say I'm not, and folk would either believe that your a Hearts fan or they don't, that's their choice.

But to go on and on and on to try and prove that your a Hearts fan, well that's something I wouldn't do, but I suppose that's what makes us all different.

When a policeman cautions you he reads you your rights ... the allow you certain freedoms, one of silence... but further cautions you on what that could, remaining silent that is, mean later think about that. I am not suggesting that there is anything as sinister as criminality in any of my posts but I have no reason to remain silent while several posters mis-represent my position for no other reason than debating MA involvement and reasons for it in Rangers. No I am sorry you may have your views but people bad mouthing me for absolutely know good reason is not on.

When a policeman cautions you he reads you your rights ... the allow you certain freedoms, one of silence... but further cautions you on what that could, remaining silent that is, mean later think about that. I am not suggesting that there is anything as sinister as criminality in any of my posts but I have no reason to remain silent while several posters mis-represent my position for no other reason than debating MA involvement and reasons for it in Rangers. No I am sorry you may have your views but people bad mouthing me for absolutely know good reason is not on.

Like I said, that's what makes us all different, you have your opinion and I have mine.

But you could also say too much to the Policeman, when he pulls you over and you say I know I should have stopped and reported it when I hit that car sorry,

only for him to say thank you sir, but I only pulled you over as one of your tail lights isn't working, now what car was this sir?

Works both ways you know.

Like I said, that's what makes us all different, you have your opinion and I have mine.

But you could also say too much to the Policeman, when he pulls you over and you say I know I should have stopped and reported it when I hit that car sorry,

only for him to say thank you sir, but I only pulled you over as one of your tail lights isn't working, now what car was this sir?

Works both ways you know.

Jimbo... I am drawing a line under this one its not worth the candle and alienates... but pick a better example for gods sake you are inferring that I am of a criminal or non law abiding persuasion I don't go around doing hit and runs! I know that you probably did not mean it I that way but we an just leave it there :)

Jimbo... I am drawing a line under this one its not worth the candle and alienates... but pick a better example for gods sake you are inferring that I am of a criminal or non law abiding persuasion I don't go around doing hit and runs! I know that you probably did not mean it I that way but we an just leave it there :)

:wtf:  Now I know your just trolling, how on earth do you think I'm inferring you've done anything wrong by my post?

"Correct his points raised on the topic of this thread are fine and add something to the debate all other posts are attention seeking and so best ignored."

Sorry Jamboelite that was never my intention sorry to have caused that thought... although with hindsight I could have had a better opening line

"99% of the posts on this thread are total bollocks by people who have not one clue what Mike Ashley's intentions and involvement at the new Rangers actually is... but try to make it sound as though the have some coherent idea of his strategy."

though the truth remains not one person here does know what his gambit is!

Anyway less of this there is a game to focus on. Enjoy the day and hopefully another three points.

cheers

:wtf:  Now I know your just trolling, how on earth do you think I'm inferring you've done anything wrong by my post?

for any sake lighten up its a joke do you think I am serious? do you think I would drive off after hitting someone's car?

Edited by jock _turd

To be fair, it was you who started the police theme.

The Future's Maroon

Of course it is, that's why I said it was a rumour. It was interesting because it was about a club like Rotherham being linked with him that's all. I only posted the link to let folks have a read at it tbh. :lol:

Just had a look at bearpit.com to see what they thought of this rumour....

Yep, kind of bids we should expect, everyone knows we are fecked.

Don't think the board would sell him that cheap though, 2 mil plus and he'll be gone.

As for Wallace, anything around 1 mil, take it, he's a shadow of the player we signed.

:lol:

wouldn't even consider selling for such a low sum though 2.5 to 3 mill with a 25% sell on clause 

:lol: :lol:

?2.5 mil and they can have him.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

To be fair, it was you who started the police theme.

Yes I know but surely you can see why I would use that as a reference to that fact that I don't have anything to hide. Here is my first post and the reply I got

jock _turd, on 19 Dec 2014 - 09:48 AM, said:

99% of the posts on this thread are total bollocks by people who have not one clue what Mike Ashley's intentions and involvement at the new Rangers actually is... but try to make it sound as though the have some coherent idea of his strategy.

One thing that is known about this man is that he is a very successful business man who knows how to turn around flagging entities. I think that people should get their head's around this fact and accept that he is going to turn Rangers around... does not mean the team is going to become any great thing though!

You're getting very brash lately.

Who'll be gone first? You or rangers?

Now the wording may be brash but in essence I personally don't think it will eventually be far from the truth... I don't mind people coming back and telling me that they have and entirely different view point and that it is rot... but don't start labelling me a Rangers fan on the back of it!

for any sake lighten up its a joke do you think I am serious? do you think I would drive off after hitting someone's car?

It was an example, when the word "you" was used it was not in the context which you have taken it, meaning you in particular.

You as in you used the same word: "When a policeman cautions you he reads you your rights" (My bold)

But you moan because I used the word you mmm...................  And before you think otherwise I am not moaning about the word you as I know what context it has been used in.

But, yes, I think we will just leave it there, I'm happy to do so, before this degenerates further.

Big Slim Stylee

You're weird.

Much hand wringing on BBC Scotland just now. A good 15 minutes so far. Fergie, Chick, Willie Miller, Richard Wilson. Fergie saying he thinks the board would be happy with the team struggling today.

I notice too the BBC had the Newcastle manager saying llambias would be good for rangers. To think rangers don't even entertain the BBC.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic