The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Jambof3tornado

The problem in scottish football once again is that only 1 team is making serious money from europe. The other has to slum it in the europa league. There is no money to be made by coming 2nd up here (if you are old firm).

This Is going to cause problems for the old firm for years to come.

They couldnt cut their cloth if you paid them to.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

Ally's not a lame Duck he claims. He is the right man for The Rangers, he says. But won't give his reasons for resigning.

No arguments there.  I think every non-Hun supporter agrees with that sentiment.

This'll go down well :

Phil MacGiollaBhain @Pmacgiollabhain  ?  1h 1 hour ago

The RIFC board are now aware that any pay off for Mr Super will be funded from further savings within the company/club.

My son's a Jambo

They prob have a stock of genetic templates at hand considering the amount of statements they put out. It's like musical chairs directorship wise..

I think that their genes are beginning to mutate.

(Perhaps you meant 'generic'. I know, I know, no one likes a pedant, sorry)

Hagar the Horrible

To it in perspective to pay Fatso salary this month ?62500m 3000 punters need to go the gates every month just to feed him, or pretty much for the entire season 1 full gate in a league game

Down in a London to go and see Sparks in concert both tonight and tomorrow tonight

On page 53 of tonight's Evening Standard - business section - a bit about Ashley's right hand man Llambias etc etc etc

The second last paragraph made my tube journey most enjoyable

" Rangers have also had a crisis ridden year on the pitch and trail Hearts by nine points in the Scottish Championship"

As sparks will confirm this weekend "This Town ain't big enough for the both of us ! "

Jambof3tornado

This'll go down well :

Phil MacGiollaBhain @Pmacgiollabhain ? 1h 1 hour ago

The RIFC board are now aware that any pay off for Mr Super will be funded from further savings within the company/club.

More pressure on sally in the same vein as his pay going back up. Basically they are blaming any future sackings on sallys pay off.

McCoist wants talks with the new chief executive, Derek Llambias, over new signings.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/dec/19/rangers-ally-mccoist-keen-discussions-derek-llambias

No sniggering at the back.

That actually brought tears to my eyes, tears off laughter that is [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why do they insist on using language that attempts to make their nonsense sound as if it has been lifted from the Bible, or suchlike?

"Thus shall and should it ever be" - I mean, come on!!!!!

All part of the entitlement syndrome they suffer from I suppose.

McMurdo's blog smacks of ****wittery of biblical proportions. Disturbingly it sounds so much like the board have sanctioned this release to appease the revolting masses at ?1broke.

Down in a London to go and see Sparks in concert both tonight and tomorrow tonight

On page 53 of tonight's Evening Standard - business section - a bit about Ashley's right hand man Llambias etc etc etc

" Rangers have also had a crisis ridden year on the pitch and trail Hearts by nine points in the Scottish Championship"

As sparks will confirm this weekend "This Town ain't big enough for the both of us ! "

And Ibrox has been a happy hunting ground for us this season, so hopefully that continues and we have a field day in January! 

I'm sure the board had the same reaction to that piece too. :lol:

b48829e0c185fe27b1443a5d397ffcbb.jpg

The burdz no amused, must have been a bloke joke.

Llambias:  'Here doll, what's your opinion on the state of Rangers Football Club'

Wumin: 'It's totally shit.  Absolutely crap'

Llambias: 'Aye it probably will be, but let's hear it anyway!'

Amatuare Hour springs to mind

The burdz no amused, must have been a bloke joke.

Llambias:  'Here doll, what's your opinion on the state of Rangers Football Club'

Wumin: 'It's totally shit.  Absolutely crap'

Llambias: 'Aye it probably will be, but let's hear it anyway!'

Classic pic!   brilliant. 

Is that Ally working on his jokes instead of his tactics again? He's got to be trolling the huns.

The first  season of Lambias at Newcastle  they ended up relegated, and he made huge cuts. 

We can see he's not into spending money. 

@McNallyMirror: Ashley's riding roughshod over the #SFA rule book & his brazen Llambias move shows he fancies Regan & co to cave in. Anarchy looms in 2015.

scots civil war

that pic is top class,the bird looks like shes on the end of a joke after being on the end of summat else

mcmurdo,dear oh ****ing dear

To use another quote from the Book of McMurdo, Chapter 16 and Verse 90:

"Two fingereth uppeth to thou, oh wicked SFA."

Central Belt 1874

Theres been some talk on here about what Ashleys "end game" is and why would he pour millions into Rangers at this moment.

A possible end game for him, IMO, would be turning the club around first of all and getting them living within their means. Promotion with a decent management setup.

Once back in the top flight, as others have mentioned, they will most likley be in the position of finishing 2nd most seasons. This will attract investors.

This is where I think Ashley will start to sell his stake in Rangers to "Rangers men" who will be happy to throw money at trying to overtake Celtic. Ashley would be in the background with his retail deals still in place.

oh ah grantona

Not so. Vlad acquired Hearts as a vanity project. The club was a rich man's toy.

There was never money to be made here 

not directly from Hearts 

His bank into UK was the plan and he was too much of a mad man for that to get off the ground plus the UK banks/govt didn't want due to him taking eastern european migrants banking of the power uk banks.

Thats how i see it anyway

Theres been some talk on here about what Ashleys "end game" is and why would he pour millions into Rangers at this moment.

A possible end game for him, IMO, would be turning the club around first of all and getting them living within their means. Promotion with a decent management setup.

Once back in the top flight, as others have mentioned, they will most likley be in the position of finishing 2nd most seasons. This will attract investors.

This is where I think Ashley will start to sell his stake in Rangers to "Rangers men" who will be happy to throw money at trying to overtake Celtic. Ashley would be in the background with his retail deals still in place.

January will give some indication of where he wants to be with all of this. I honestly don't see him pouring money into the club in the hope that some day he might just get his money back. All these onerous contracts, and the decrepit state of the stadium make me think that he'll stick the club into Administrstion having first secured his rights to all of the real estate then hope that the "Real Rangers Men" pick up the pieces of the club leaving him with a steady cash flow from the rental and the sale of merchandise. Easy money for him. Edited by Deevers

Rangers men get Rangers pay. So why did they hound Sandaza out the door again?

Personally I think it's a great business model to pay Ian Black the wages of Jorg Albertz - what could possibly go wrong with that?

Hilariously he actually has a point as the football budget is NOT where the cash is disappearing from, it's going missing from all the other contracts Chuckles handed out.

...a bit disco

I'm sure the board had the same reaction to that piece too. :lol:

b48829e0c185fe27b1443a5d397ffcbb.jpg

Neil Lennon's put a bit of beef on.

...a bit disco

:rofl:

S

F

A

You been at the Shloer again Mothy?

Jambof3tornado

But 2nd is nothing to either half of the old firm! Will the sevco fans put up with being pumped 4 times a season by sellick?

I think we all know what 's going to happen at this meeting with Ashley and the SFA. The SFA are going to bend over backwards to accommodate him. Reasons given will be Scottish Football needs the investment,needs a strong Rangers etc etc.

The only way we are ever going to have a level playing field in Scotland is if the other non OF clubs find the courage to break away from the SPFL. Let The Rangers and Celtic play in a league of two .

I P Knightley

This is a far more likely sequence than all the wishful thinking relating to him plunging Rangers into admin and riding off into the sunset with the deeds to an Ibrox in his pocket.

Ibrox is a shiteheap in a shithole. If Ashley was keep to have some real estate, he would struggle to find somewhere quite so shite. It makes no sense.

He's on the favourable end of some onerous contracts. He'll ensure they're cast iron. He knows that he has the SFA in the palm of his hand. He will make Rangers acceptable to the orcs once again. Then he'll roll in all their cashed giros for a very long time.

Fair play to him.

I think we all know what 's going to happen at this meeting with Ashley and the SFA. The SFA are going to bend over backwards to accommodate him. Reasons given will be Scottish Football needs the investment,needs a strong Rangers etc etc.

The only way we are ever going to have a level playing field in Scotland is if the other non OF clubs find the courage to break away from the SPFL. Let The Rangers and Celtic play in a league of two .

Sadly you are right.

"Theres been some talk on here about what Ashleys "end game" is and why would he pour millions into Rangers at this moment.

This is where I think Ashley will start to sell his stake in Rangers to "Rangers men" who will be happy to throw money at trying to overtake Celtic. Ashley would be in the background with his retail deals still in place."

"This is a far more likely sequence than all the wishful thinking relating to him plunging Rangers into admin and riding off into the sunset with the deeds to an Ibrox in his pocket.

Ibrox is a shiteheap in a shithole. If Ashley was keep to have some real estate, he would struggle to find somewhere quite so shite. It makes no sense.

He's on the favourable end of some onerous contracts. He'll ensure they're cast iron. He knows that he has the SFA in the palm of his hand. He will make Rangers acceptable to the orcs once again. Then he'll roll in all their cashed giros for a very long time.

Fair play to him."

MultiQuote

Very much the thoughts that I had... though for even thinking that something like this might happen ... I was a mid level interloping Rangers fan!

Edited by jock _turd

January will give some indication of where he wants to be with all of this. I honestly don't see him pouring money into the club in the hope that some day he might just get his money back. All these onerous contracts, and the decrepit state of the stadium make me think that he'll stick the club into Administrstion having first secured his rights to all of the real estate then hope that the "Real Rangers Men" pick up the pieces of the club leaving him with a steady cash flow from the rental and the sale of merchandise. Easy money for him.

I think he'll use the threat of administration as a means to get Green to deal on the contracts.  It'll still cost a fortune to get out of them, but maybe a smaller one.

I wonder how much money Chuck and chums have made thus far from Rangers, and how much they'll continue to rake in if things stay as they are.

Too many Rangers fans addicted to the sugar dripped in by Murray over the years - every other club in Scotland seems to understand the game revolves around living within your means.  Remember Bill Miller?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17996474

~

Jon Pritchett, chief executive of Club 9 Sports, had been advising Miller and revealed that the American businessman had received "vitriolic" emails from fans.

"There are big legacy costs as a result of doing things poorly over a number of years, structural and commercial problems," Pritchett explained.

"It would be a hard time turning things around and implementing structural changes and discipline. Such changes would have made Bill very unpopular given the way things have operated.

"Even after Bill announced his austerity measures last week there were people within the club asking how much money was available to be spent. It would take a fairly large amount of money to keep it from dying.

"The second factor is some of the contingency liabilities: are the players coming or going? What are the final decisions with regard to the SFA and SPL and sanctions?

"The third factor was more about the environment. It was a fairly inhospitable environment for Bill.

"He was getting hundreds of emails every day - vitriol and expletive-filled.

"Bill felt like it was a pretty unwelcoming environment. He would have had to do a lot of things that would make him less popular."

Looks like he understood the situation from the get go, but was hounded out, driving Rangers into the hands of Green and his cronies. 

Well done Rangers fans, well done.  But I think we are back to the situation Miller saw - but fans will now live with it.

I P Knightley

A bit like this season jock shite? Ze Rangers won't be there anytime soon

I imagine that Ashley's vision extends further than this, or even next, season. (Luckily for us, so do Ann Budge's and Craig Levein's).

Cast your mind back to where NUFC were around the time he took over there. Another basket case with a large support that only needed to be fed the occasional morsel to be kept onside - by which I mean paying through the nose for black and white striped tat out of Sports Direct.

This season is a write off. The potential is there. They'll be back regularly in the top 3 after only a couple or three more seasons. Not only will Ashley's business acumen get them there but they've got a hell of a following wind with the SFA and the media all rooting for them.

You need to get the hang of the "quote" function :)

That may be true but it does not make me a Rangers fan :) however if he had read the post he would have seen the quotation marks at both statements and the words multi quote at the end of the quote... I then added my post.

The problem on here is that if you make any comment that in anyway makes it sound that you have some interest other than MA only being in there to fleece the rangers club, fans and run the team down then you become one of "them"... most of the idiots posting on here were not even around when I set out watching Hearts play! And yet for even daring to have an enquiring mind as to what MA's real motivation might be ... you are an interloping Rangers fan!

That may be true but it does not make me a Rangers fan :) however if he had read the post he would have seen the quotation marks at both statements and the words multi quote at the end of the quote... I then added my post.

The problem on here is that if you make any comment that in anyway makes it sound that you have some interest other than MA only being in there to fleece the rangers club, fans and run the team down then you become one of "them"... most of the idiots posting on here were not even around when I set out watching Hearts play! And yet for even daring to have an enquiring mind as to what MA's real motivation might be ... you are an interloping Rangers fan!

Starting to think this could all be one big cover up. It's all very "hibs", do I smell a hobo? Edited by Jambomuzz

I think he'll use the threat of administration as a means to get Green to deal on the contracts. It'll still cost a fortune to get out of them, but maybe a smaller one.

I wonder how much money Chuck and chums have made thus far from Rangers, and how much they'll continue to rake in if things stay as they are.

Too many Rangers fans addicted to the sugar dripped in by Murray over the years - every other club in Scotland seems to understand the game revolves around living within your means. Remember Bill Miller?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17996474

~

Jon Pritchett, chief executive of Club 9 Sports, had been advising Miller and revealed that the American businessman had received "vitriolic" emails from fans.

"There are big legacy costs as a result of doing things poorly over a number of years, structural and commercial problems," Pritchett explained.

"It would be a hard time turning things around and implementing structural changes and discipline. Such changes would have made Bill very unpopular given the way things have operated.

"Even after Bill announced his austerity measures last week there were people within the club asking how much money was available to be spent. It would take a fairly large amount of money to keep it from dying.

"The second factor is some of the contingency liabilities: are the players coming or going? What are the final decisions with regard to the SFA and SPL and sanctions?

"The third factor was more about the environment. It was a fairly inhospitable environment for Bill.

"He was getting hundreds of emails every day - vitriol and expletive-filled.

"Bill felt like it was a pretty unwelcoming environment. He would have had to do a lot of things that would make him less popular."

Looks like he understood the situation from the get go, but was hounded out, driving Rangers into the hands of Green and his cronies.

Well done Rangers fans, well done. But I think we are back to the situation Miller saw - but fans will now live with it.

That would depend on whether Charles of Normandy agrees to renegotiate the contracts. If he won't and decides that he wants to keep a hold of his lucrative cash cows, then there would only be one way of getting rid of them. I still wonder if Ashley and Green are in cahoots in all of this. Time will tell though and January is going to be interesting.

Edited by Deevers

You stated you're branded a witch yesterday. Until you can confirm you don't weigh the same as a duck...then sorry Jock, I have my doubts. ;)

[/quote

The problem with internet forums is that you cannot see who you are talking to in many/most cases you don't know who you are talking to therefore you can say what ever you want without the threat of a ding round the jaw... that is the plain and simple truth. That is not a dig at you by the way... and I most definitely have more mass than a duck... but you will have to take me at my word on that :)

Starting to think this could all be one big cover up. It's all very "hibs", do I smell a hobo?

Come on that is way below the belt! :)

if mike ashleys plan is to "fix" rangers and make them an attractive investment. who is going to buy them, he isn't having much luck selling Newcastle (big loyal fan base in the most popular league). it would take over ?10m maybe ?20m to get rangers running Properly, is he going to spend that for what selling them for ?25/30m.  For what its worth i think he wants the assets retail, image, murray park and ibrox then keep a token share % and collect the rent

But like what people are saying even if he did want to cut The Rangers cloth accordingly the onerous contracts are what seems to bleeding the club dry. So he could have a wage bill the size of Hearts and have 40 thousand fans there every week and still the people that put the initial money up are reaping the rewards from these contracts and even if they got to the Champions league or Europe I bet you there are contracts tied into them. So I think the only way out of this and getting back on to an ev n keel is to rip it up and start again ?

if mike ashleys plan is to "fix" rangers and make them an attractive investment. who is going to buy them, he isn't having much luck selling Newcastle (big loyal fan base in the most popular league). it would take over ?10m maybe ?20m to get rangers running Properly, is he going to spend that for what selling them for ?25/30m.  For what its worth i think he wants the assets retail, image, murray park and ibrox then keep a token share % and collect the rent

Much of what you are saying could well be true. One thing that comes up by nearly every poster on this thread is that he is a sharp businessman who gets things done. That to be honest does not make it sound as though he is going to be bad for them if he does take the club on... far from it, in fact he sounds like the sort of person they needed in the first instance. What it does mean for them though is realistic spending limits and proper management both on and of the field. That may mean they will not be getting CL football or with the right manager who knows they will still have substantial spending power and if he does get the right manager who knows what could happen?

Much of what you are saying could well be true. One thing that comes up by nearly every poster on this thread is that he is a sharp businessman who gets things done. That to be honest does not make it sound as though he is going to be bad for them if he does take the club on... far from it, in fact he sounds like the sort of person they needed in the first instance. What it does mean for them though is realistic spending limits and proper management both on and of the field. That may mean they will not be getting CL football or with the right manager who knows they will still have substantial spending power and if he does get the right manager who knows what could happen?

While I agree with most of this, the  'substantial spending power' is predicated on 40k bluenoses rocking up for home games. But they're just not doing that and it will need a large bone tossed in by MA to get them back on side. It's the nature of the 'bone' that intrigues me ... if such exists

It's not, just my pedantic nature seeing something that needed to be corrected Geoff.

Still waiting for you to correct my "shakey at best" knowledge, Martin.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic