The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Confirming what we already knew. They're fecked!

Nobody is going to invest that amount on money. Individually or collectively! Just not going to happen.

Unless perhaps, one camp or another trying to reach / block the threshold to allow a rights issue..?

Judging by the term of the deal via Rangers Retail Ltd, and unsold stock goes to Rangers to sell. Rangers don't even have to be good for him to make loadsa dosh on this? As an example Rangers Retail Ltd sell jerseys at ?40 each in their own stores, but sell them to Rangers at ?50 who sell them for ?40 in theirs, and any unsold stock from Rangers Retail Ltd gets sold to Rangers for ?50, and they have to buy it? is that about right, my interpretation??? Rangers must be the only club in the world that the more jerseys they sell the more debt they rack up?

Its getting a bit Goodfella's is it no? Deliver the goods legit through the front door, sell them on "moody" out the back the door.

I wonder how long it i'll be until someone lights a match.

As a wee aside ;-

Ashley first and foremost is a business man.

Secondly, he is a Newcastle fan.

Thirdly, he has a comparatively small and speculative investment in the rangers.

Under current internal legislation, UEFA will not allow Newcastle and the rangers to compete in Europe in the same season while Ashley has interest in both.

If it came to it, there is not a snowballs chance in hell Ashley would ever deny his beloved Newcastle a European place in favour of the rangers.

With this in mind I can't see him being at ibrox for any other reason than to make himself a wee packet at their expense.

I really wish him the best of luck.

Could all this chat about Ashely refusing to underwrite the share option, just be a tactic to ensure that no one rests on their laurels when it comes time to cough up, kind of like the "minutes from closing" stuff that we where told during our share offer?

If the hun hoardes believe that they have the benefactor, where's the motivation to put their hands in their pockets?

It's not the hoards that they are looking to invest in the share issue though, it's the spivs: Laxey Partners, the Easdales, Mike Ashley, institutional investors etc. They aren't looking to get ?8m through a share issue to Joe public! :lol:

If Ashley is refusing to underwrite the share offer (we don't know that yet) then I think that shows his intentions of doing a pre-pack admin. In my humble opinion of course.

That's just plain crazy, ?10 loss on every top sold?. :lol:

It brings a whole new meaning to the expression "sold the jerseys" ...

Prince Buaben

As a wee aside ;-

Thirdly, he has a comparatively small and speculative investment in the rangers.

Under current internal legislation, UEFA will not allow Newcastle and the rangers to compete in Europe in the same season while Ashley has interest in both.

If it came to it, there is not a snowballs chance in hell Ashley would ever deny his beloved Newcastle a European place in favour of the rangers.

With this in mind I can't see him being at ibrox for any other reason than to make himself a wee packet at their expense.

Is he actually a Newcastle fan or was the sitting with the fans not just publicity

Is he actually a Newcastle fan or was the sitting with the fans not just publicity

I thought he was a spurs fan who just saw an investment opportunity in newcastle

It's not the hoards that they are looking to invest in the share issue though, it's the spivs: Laxey Partners, the Easdales, Mike Ashley, institutional investors etc. They aren't looking to get ?8m through a share issue to Joe public! :lol:

If Ashley is refusing to underwrite the share offer (we don't know that yet) then I think that shows his intentions of doing a pre-pack admin. In my humble opinion of course.

Fair enough. I thought it was also to the scaffs as well

I thought he was a spurs fan who just saw an investment opportunity in newcastle

Correct.  He lives darn saff and has no ties to the North East, except for the business opportunity.  If he could get his asking price for the Magpies, he'd sell them in a shot.  I suspect he sees in the Teddies a similar blind loyalty as the Toon Army.

Selling McLeod i'll give you but Wallace won't realise much cash. He's done.

There's no chance the 2 LC semi's will be at ?1broke. Police Scotland won't allow it.

Share issue funds. Unless they get an underwriter the share issue won't go ahead.

ST's is a possible but if they are adrift and leathered by Celtic by then your average hun won't be cashing his giro for another year of division 1 football.

Is the other semi Aberdeen v Utd?  I've kind of lost track.  

If so then Easter Road is the only possible option as it's ideal for those clubs being east coast and not as many fans travel. Comfortably host the game there without much travel (lots of Aberdeen fans living in Edinburgh, guys i've worked with in the past came to go to uni/college and never went back to Aberdeen).

If Ibrox is given both games then we all have the answer as to how this saga will be playing out with the authorities.

Edited by Samster

As a wee aside ;-

Ashley is not a Newcastle fan - Ashley is a MONEY fan!

f1566156224e579937a2935178807b5c.jpg

Quite a damming statement by Deloitte's re "going concern" for sevco.

ac33a3c488eaaa474ff791edb47466e6.jpg

The stark reality of just how much the boycotters are hurting Sevco's cashflow..

94c28788237a39a089fbecbdf18d562d.jpg

Whyte's court appearance on Monday will be a media frenzy as they look for a scapegoat.

01726fe766fe12b7d4a3cf2d28901845.jpg

Mark Wotte quoted as a possible DoF, wonder how sally will take that news?.

The Auditors cautionary note in their latest accounts regarding Rangers ability to remain a going concern says it all.

They MUST get promotion this season or they are no longer a going concern!

Now you tell me, who has all the pressure to win this league eh??   I think our Ann picked this up, hence her coming out and confirming there is no financial necessity for Hearts to win promotion.

I don't get the whole "under pressure" thing at all. Fatty may be under pressure to get them up as it MIGHT keep him in a job but the players under pressure? I don't think that most of them are playing for their jobs so I see no great pressure. There are two scenarios one is they get promoted... many of them will get their jotters anyway. The other is they don't get promoted... many of them will get their jotters anyway. To my way of thinking the only person under real pressure is Fatty.

Why are they including the groups sales etc in this set of accounts?  Surely the retail sales should only be on their ledgers, not RIFC's?  Talking about cooking the books!

Can anyone guess how much a lease back of the stadium etc would cost? if and when the loose the bricks and mortar.

As you will understand, not a huge market to compare to.

The Rateable Value is an indicator, although now out of date (valued last in 2005?)- it is ?1.1m. RV is the year to year rental value for calculating business rates.

The Auditors cautionary note in their latest accounts regarding Rangers ability to remain a going concern says it all.

They MUST get promotion this season or they are no longer a going concern!

Now you tell me, who has all the pressure to win this league eh??   I think our Ann picked this up, hence her coming out and confirming there is no financial necessity for Hearts to win promotion.

But will promotion give them that financial security? I doubt it, as they will be unlikely to be challenging their pals for a title and a CL place.

What they need is stability and the sense that the club is in safe hands and moving forward, then tghe fans will return to provide the financial push. That is what we did.

Charlie-Brown

But will promotion give them that financial security? I doubt it, as they will be unlikely to be challenging their pals for a title and a CL place.

What they need is stability and the sense that the club is in safe hands and moving forward, then tghe fans will return to provide the financial push. That is what we did.

So if they need an extra ?8 million just to keep the lights on how are they going to fund next season's shortfall? Can the reduce an upwards of ?8M loss making in less than a year? Then the beezer of all questions what about the War Chest? Where is the competing with Celtic money going to come from? Crowds will plummet again if Celtic are still dominant.

Edited by Charlie-Brown

Fair enough. I thought it was also to the scaffs as well

Oh it will, but none of them will invest anything like enough to make it significant. Most of the Orcs don't trust the board one little bit so they would get peanuts off them if they do have a share issue. I actually think there won't be a share issue. FF has the breakdown of the voting rights but I don't think they'll get 75% support.

So if they need an extra ?8 million just to keep the lights on how are they going to fund next season's shortfall? Can the reduce an upwards of ?8M loss making in less than a year? Then the beezer of all questions what about the War Chest? Where is the competing with Celtic money going to come from? Crowds will plummet again if Celtic are still dominant.

This is it for me they have 14 players out of contract at the end of the season. What they dont have is the money to replace these players.Its a catch 22 situation really. The fans will expect to see the better players for the premier league before buying ST and the club wont be able to buy these better players without the ST money. The spivs have clearly run out of blind faith from a lot of the fans ie the glory hunters. Its time to call it quits I think and hope.

Diadora Van Basten

I wonder if Ashley does not want to own Rangers but was worried that if King buys Rangers that they will die.

It would appear that another share issue will get them to the end of the season at which time a number of players will be out of contract giving them the opportunity to balance the books.

If King had gotten in then he would probably continue with the current strategy of living outwith their means.

If Ashley can underwrite a share issue then he can raise the money to get them to the end of the season have his loans repaid and allow his directors to balance the books.

Once the books are balanced he can sit back and watch the monies role in from the retail side of things.

I wonder if Ashley does not want to own Rangers but was worried that if King buys Rangers that they will die.

It would appear that another share issue will get them to the end of the season at which time a number of players will be out of contract giving them the opportunity to balance the books.

If King had gotten in then he would probably continue with the current strategy of living outwith their means.

If Ashley can underwrite a share issue then he can raise the money to get them to the end of the season have his loans repaid and allow his directors to balance the books.

Once the books are balanced he can sit back and watch the monies role in from the retail side of things.

All the "onerous contracts" would still be in place though. These are what appear to be bleeding Sevco dry. To my mind their only way out of all of this is yet another Insolvency Event. Maybe the Mark III version would be better run, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Hamilton Accies have shown that a team that won promotion through the Play-Offs can do well in the Premiership without too many changes in personnel.   However, Rangers (whether Oldco or Newco) have always fallen back on the cheque book to win and their fans will be expecting the same if they go up. 

How can Ashley underwrite a share issue that, if it was under-subscribed, would end up with him owning more than 10% of the company?

Diadora Van Basten

How can Ashley underwrite a share issue that, if it was under-subscribed, would end up with him owning more than 10% of the company?

I am not sure but think that there will be a share issue soon.

Ashley would be better waiting for an insovency event then getting the whole shooting match. Could you see the SFA standing in the way of MA and the angry Rangers fans no danger. The league would then reconstruct(see Regan's statements earlier in the week) this would allow Rangers MK111 straight into the premier league.

Ashley also has a get out jail card when it comes to the peeepul he can just blame it on the SFA 10% etc etc and that way they continue to back Rangers and buy strips from him.

Is this correct or which is correct?

"The accounts gave an exact figure of 36,039 at an average price of ?214 (net of VAT).

In the legal submissions for the Imran Ahmad case it was disclosed that this season's ST number was 23,361."

Edited by Dannie Boy

Jambof3tornado

"The accounts gave an exact figure of 36,039 at an average price of ?214 (net of VAT).

In the legal submissions for the Imran Ahmad case it was disclosed that this season's ST number was 23,361."

Are you columbo?? Well spotted sir.

More figure fudging to suit.

The Mighty Thor

Is this correct

I can't imagine for a single minute that there's any bullshit at all in those accounts published yesterday. 

:muggy:

I can't imagine for a single minute that there's any bullshit at all in those accounts published yesterday. 

:muggy:

These accounts are a clear and set up this way for a purpose. Its the basic flash your knickers type accounts.

They basically are saying look at the retail side and look at the potential crowds side wonga to be made here for the right person. Ignore the hard fact that its a sinking ship.

Confirming what we already knew. They're fecked!

Nobody is going to invest that amount on money. Individually or collectively! Just not going to happen.

If the table stays the same, I cant see them getting past Hobbos or QOTS in the play offs.

The Mighty Thor

These accounts are a clear and set up this way for a purpose. Its the basic flash your knickers type accounts.

They basically are saying look at the retail side and look at the potential crowds side wonga to be made here for the right person. Ignore the hard fact that its a sinking ship.

I completely agree. 

Whoever put the summary statements together has a very bright future writing fiction.

Kalamazoo Jambo

Different time periods. The annual report is for the 12 months up to June 30.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-29087653

5 September 2014 Last updated at 18:21

Advocate Kenny McBrearty QC told Lord Stewart that Mr Ahmad was concerned about the current state of the club's finances and fears Rangers would not be in a position to pay up if the court eventually ruled in his favour.

He told the court Rangers had sold 23,000 season tickets this season, down 15,000 on last season.

a3a58781d6cd1506f22c45a8bf426edbcedef5c8

Would have been awesome if Whyte got nicked few weeks ago in Mexico, we could have had hundreds of these hats at the game lol

Different time periods. The annual report is for the 12 months up to June 30.

It's a bit confusing," Ahmad quoted 23,000 ST this season." In court.

Staff costs end June 2014 - ?14,709,000

"Rangers claim they sold 36,039 season tickets bringing in ?7,726,000. Down from prev year. ST sales 38,228 = ?8,056,000 brought in."

Rangers players increased to 53 this year [50- 2013] but other staff dropped from 146 to 122.

Stockbridge paid ?217,675; Craig Mather ?84,980; Graham Wallace ?377,827; David Somers ?50k. Inc bonuses/pensions etc

Edited by Dannie Boy

Complete bullshit and no mention of Liquidation. I'm surprised they are allowed to publish this.

Strategic report

About Rangers International Football Club plc (the "Company", "RIFC", and including its Subsidiaries, the "Group"), and Rangers FootballClub (the "Club")

Rangers Football Club, formed in Scotland in 1872, is one of the world's most successful clubs, having won 54 League titles, 33 Scottish Cups, 27 League Cups and the European Cup Winners' Cup in 1972. The Club's loyal and sizeable supporter base, both in Scotland and around the world, enables the Club to boast one of the highest percentages of season ticket holders in the UK. Playing at the 51,082 seater Ibrox Stadium and benefitting from the world class 37 acre Murray Park training facility, Rangers have been a dominant force in Scottish football for decades. This world class stadium, training infrastructure and a loyal and passionate global fanbase provide an excellent foundation for the Company.

The Club recently secured the SPFL League 1 title of the Scottish Professional Football League (SPFL), and it is the intention of the Directors and the Manager for the Club to return to top level football as soon as possible. The history, facilities and ambition of the Club are such that the Club remains a desirable destination for foreign and domestic players alike. The first team squad is managed by Alistair McCoist, the former Rangers forward, who remains the Club's all-time leading goal scorer.

The directors, in preparing this Strategic Report, have complied with s414A to E of the Companies Act 2006.

This Strategic Report has been prepared for Rangers International Football Club plc and its subsidiary undertakings (the Group) as a whole and therefore gives greater emphasis to those matters which are significant to the Group when viewed as a whole. The Directors have also considered the financial results on page 9 as part of this report.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So let me get this right... Shooter's acquisition of Rangers consisted of a plan so cunning that it consisted of no more than "Yes David, I have loads of cash" and "No SFA, I'm not disqualified from being a company director"...?

Footballfirst

Anyone know of a decent Nomad who might be interested in a toxic brand?

http://www.investegate.co.uk/daniel-stewart-secs?dan-/rns/nominated-adviser-licence/201411281600383707Y/

Daniel Stewart Secs
Nominated Adviser licence
RNS Number : 3707Y

Daniel Stewart Securities PLC
28 November 2014

Daniel Stewart Securities plc (?Daniel Stewart? or ?the Company?)

28 November 2014

Nominated Adviser (?Nomad?) licence

Daniel Stewart announces it has today notified the London Stock Exchange that Daniel Stewart & Co PLC (?DS&C?), the Company?s regulated operating subsidiary, will relinquish its Nomad licence with effect from the close of business on 12 December 2014.

DS&C is currently making arrangements for the transfer of its AIM Nomad clients to alternative nominated advisers.

DS&C will continue to offer its corporate clients both broking and corporate finance services. The Group?s private client business remains unaffected.

The Board believes that cost savings associated with termination of the Nomad licence will offset the resultant reduction in revenue to this business segment.

As you will understand, not a huge market to compare to.

The Rateable Value is an indicator, although now out of date (valued last in 2005?)- it is ?1.1m. RV is the year to year rental value for calculating business rates.

Thanks, had an inkling that this would be difficult to price but even at ?2mil a season for 30? games would not be a ball breaker with 30k season ticket holders assuming that all costs were taken care of.

So let me get this right... Shooter's acquisition of Rangers consisted of a plan so cunning that it consisted of no more than "Yes David, I have loads of cash" and "No SFA, I'm not disqualified from being a company director"...?

I don't think he had to say anything to the SFA. 

Can anyone guess how much a lease back of the stadium etc would cost? if and when the loose the bricks and mortar.

I'd presume a fair indication of the costs could be gauged from the amount they get/got from the SFA/SPFL for hosting Scotland or Cup matches. 

But obvious;y that would just reflect the actual use of the stadium for matches and wouldn't include other facilities there such as offices and car parks etc. 

Footballfirst

B3ixrySCQAAVwf7.jpg

B3iyPbPIQAARQ2P.jpg

I see that the quality of blondes by his side has deteriorated somewhat since his last appearance in Glasgow.

Edited by Footballfirst

108c58bf5cdb67da37ee6fcaaa62395a.jpgdc2329c9bd700c33ef1d3b6577db643a.jpg

Changed image somewhat, nae good at business and nae good at disguises [emoji2]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Dannie Boy

• Maple Leaf locked this topic