The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Non footballing issues from Salary, no Respect for the reporters.

But the quoted text included "with all due respect" so I think he's OK on that front, isn't he?

Phil D. Corners

A strike only works if you are sure there is someone waiting in the wings to take over

You also need to be aware of the consequences of such an action such as a points penalty, players being released, staff cuts etc and when that is all over what do you have left and can you survive and prosper ?

The cost of such action is high and there is a risk to the clubs existence.......a poker game of high stakes.

I agree. I think the term hunger strike is fitting as starving yourself is far from healthy and could lead to death. However it is a last resort to get attention.

And yes there could be consequences you mentioned, but I suggest the rangers fans play the long game. Take the pain for a better future a few seasons.

I still believe that there are people watching from the side lines and waiting for the time come in to save the club.

Super Salary continues playing a stormer, top drawer.

Your average hun still bizarrely see him as the fan within trying to save the club,

When the shit finally comes spraying off the fan. "I was assured things were fine and nothing to worry about" whilst barely able to walk in his cash laden troosers.

I see the onion of flans are proposing a boycott regards rizla or whats his puss'es return . must say im enjoying watching the huns ll getting ragdolled from pillar to post from one spiv to the next , it kind of makes me want them survive ,, kind of , sort of , well nah no really ,,*** em !

i wish jj was my dad

I seem to recall that Craig Levein insisted that he had full access to the club's accounts when he was head coach. He clearly saw it as part of his job to know precisely what the club's financial position was.

Going to be interesting tomorrow when the results of the Share Issue are announced.

I mentioned PMGB had said current major investors didn't take up their options, but Herald reporting just made it.

I either heard or read another comment today that they had just made it.

We will see.

Of course. How much did that go for again? A pound?

Was it not a fiver? I think that's what the five stars above the badge are for. A pound for each.

Of course. How much did that go for again? A pound?

Was it not a fiver? I think that's what the five stars above the badge are for. A pound for each.

Was it not 5 20p pieces??

Super Salary owns approx 5% of TRFC if i'm not mistaken? I'm sure if i owned 5% of ANY business i'd want to know the financials .....

I think it's closer to 1.5 to 2% but in the plc he is one of the larger shareholders.

After his knock on wood antics 2 weeks ago, he tied the noose round his own neck this week and the journos loosened the knot.

Newcastle's Mike Ashley set to bid for Rangers

MIKE ASHLEY is preparing to become the front-runner in an effort to save Rangers from another financial collapse.

The Newcastle United owner has made positive moves to sell the St James? Park club and bring to an end a troubled seven-year reign on Tyneside as he turns his attention to Ibrox.

There is already interest in United ? even at the asking price of around ?230million ? and any quick deal would allow Ashley to immediately focus on the Gers.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/509766/Newcastle-s-Mike-Ashley-set-to-bid-for-Rangers

Newcastle's Mike Ashley set to bid for Rangers

MIKE ASHLEY is preparing to become the front-runner in an effort to save Rangers from another financial collapse.

The Newcastle United owner has made positive moves to sell the St James? Park club and bring to an end a troubled seven-year reign on Tyneside as he turns his attention to Ibrox.

There is already interest in United ? even at the asking price of around ?230million ? and any quick deal would allow Ashley to immediately focus on the Gers.

http://www.express.c...bid-for-Rangers

Let's highlight some select passages from that article which are attributable to no-one, not even 'a source' or 'an insider' shall we...

"MIKE ASHLEY is preparing to become the front-runner"

"made positive moves to sell the St James? Park club"

"any quick deal would allow Ashley to immediately focus on the Gers"

"it appears Ashley is keen to switch his football and business from Tyneside to Clydeside"

"notoriously reluctant to splash the cash at Newcastle"

"Now it seems Ashley wants to take charge of the Gers alone"

"while the club has not officially been put up for sale"

The Express toe-ing ra party line again?

Edited by trotter

When is the SFA 10% rule on ownership of 2 clubs not 10%, when it's the SFA overseeing their own rules.

SFA is awaiting a business case from Rangers to allow Ashley to increase his Rangers stake to 25% temporarily.

One rumour is Ashley increases stake just now to see them through to Rights Issue, when it is diluted back down if NUFC not sold.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/11088540/Newcastle-United-for-sale-as-Mike-Ashley-eyes-Rangers.html

Could be all sh!te but I'm at the stage now of just wishing all clubs agree to promote Rangers immediately.

Edited by DETTY29

There could be a back lash from disgruntled fans if the GFA shift the rules to accommodate Ashley's investment temporary or otherwise.

Without sounding Hibbish it's rewarding overspending and poor fiscal management at the detriment to all other clubs and supporters. I for one would not be happy if this happened. Let's hope it is just a shite rumour.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

There could be a back lash from disgruntled fans if the GFA shift the rules to accommodate Ashley's investment temporary or otherwise.

Without sounding Hibbish it's rewarding overspending and poor fiscal management at the detriment to all other clubs and supporters. I for one would not be happy if this happened. Let's hope it is just a shite rumour.

You have to ask yourself: "would they do this for every other club", when it comes to this lot and the Scottish Football authorities. If the answer is no, you kick up a stink, like last time when they tried to fast track them in to the first then second tier.

Let's highlight some select passages from that article which are attributable to no-one, not even 'a source' or 'an insider' shall we...

"MIKE ASHLEY is preparing to become the front-runner"

"made positive moves to sell the St James? Park club"

"any quick deal would allow Ashley to immediately focus on the Gers"

"it appears Ashley is keen to switch his football and business from Tyneside to Clydeside"

"notoriously reluctant to splash the cash at Newcastle"

"Now it seems Ashley wants to take charge of the Gers alone"

"while the club has not officially been put up for sale"

The Express toe-ing ra party line again?

Perhaps you should read another article below as well as the Telegraph

It's all very well telling us all it can't happen but it can and the rumours are becoming stronger every day...now I don't know the full story of course but the rules are not quite what was portrayed.

Mike Ashley is a not a man who makes public his intentions. He shuns the media spotlight and refuses interviews. Second-guessing his next move can be a hazardous business.

Yet there is now a growing belief that the billionaire sportswear tycoon is increasingly determined to up his influence at Rangers. His Sports Direct firm has already assumed control of the club?s retail operation, while he also holds an option for the Ibrox naming rights ? reputedly picked up for ?1 when Charles Green was in charge.

Reports from south of the border have claimed that Ashley is now prepared to offload Newcastle United for around ?230million. That would remove the SFA?s dual ownership barriers that currently limit his stake to under 10 per cent.

Article 13 of the SFA rules forbids individuals from having dual interests in clubs, without the ?prior written consent? of the SFA board. The 10 per cent limit on Ashley dates back to when he was a backer of Charles Green?s ?newco? that was seeking the transfer of SFA membership from ?oldco? Rangers in 2012.

From CJGJ's post from Daily Mail

Article 13 of the SFA rules forbids individuals from having dual interests in clubs, without the ?prior written consent? of the SFA board. The 10 per cent limit on Ashley dates back to when he was a backer of Charles Green?s ?newco? that was seeking the transfer of SFA membership from ?oldco? Rangers in 2012.

If written permission was requested, I would find it difficult to believe the SFA would block it.

So far it has not been requested, could it be requested Today?

Edited by salecc

If written permission was requested, I would find it difficult to believe the SFA would block it.

I'll loosen my seethe now I have seen the rule and I had mentioned previously how did Vlad get away with it when he had 3 clubs if the 10% rule was in place.

Now does that text above suggest as part of 5 way agreement, the SFA put a 10% limit on any 1 person owning a part of Rangers to ensure no more Whyte majority owner types.

Does this just refer to owning 2 cubs in Scotland.

Does this just refer to owning 2 cubs in Scotland.

NO. It's having an interest in two or more clubs who could potentially play one another in competition.

Rangers agree settlement with ex Director out of court.........

Rangers and Ahmad are just adopting the normal M.O. for Spivs stripping a carcase.

NO. It's having an interest in two or more clubs who could potentially play one another in competition.

Wouldn't it be the case that what is quoted here is the domestic version of the rule as it mentions the SFA and that FIFA/UEFA will also have separate guidelines?

I say this as I don't see how written consent from the SFA would trump the higher authority's rulebook which we know contains provisions against having interests in more than one club

:rofl: I liked the ?230m "quick deal". He's been trying for six years to get that "quick deal" done. George Soros will be the buyer I presume.

Rangers agree settlement with ex Director out of court.........

http://m.stv.tv/sport/football/clubs/rangers/291745-rangers-settle-out-of-court-over-imran-ahmad-contract-legal-action/

Supposedly substantially less than the ring fenced pot, but then Ahmad maybe wasn't all that confident about his wee bit of paper holding up under scrutiny in November

Ashley has been trying to sell Newcastle for some 6 years now with no takers, unless he drops his ?230+ million price tag it's staying that way imo.

I see Sevco have also reached an out of court settlement with Ahmed, this gets him off their backs anyway now..

09efb6b269ea48e2f7e4e3527244d101.jpg

No numbers mentioned but the interesting thing is that it must have put the "players payday" in jeopardy. Hence the back down from the club, Ahmad would take up the offer as you can never second guess the courts and he only had a flimsy piece paper which by all accounts wants very legal. Further courts costs would also reduce the both parties accounts.

No numbers mentioned but the interesting thing is that it must have put the "players payday" in jeopardy. Hence the back down from the club, Ahmad would take up the offer as you can never second guess the courts and he only had a flimsy piece paper which by all accounts wants very legal. Further courts costs would also reduce the both parties accounts.

Would the agreement with Ahmad stand in case of administration? I assume it involves staged payments or at least deferred until the big share issue at the end of the year as they're short on readies the now.

I would think the amount is unsecured and still owed and therefore, it would suggest to me that Ahmad has been convinced that administration is not coming.

Wouldn't it be the case that what is quoted here is the domestic version of the rule as it mentions the SFA and that FIFA/UEFA will also have separate guidelines?

I say this as I don't see how written consent from the SFA would trump the higher authority's rulebook which we know contains provisions against having interests in more than one club

If it was a domestic rule only, then there would be restriction of Ashley's ownership of Rangers.

The SFA rules will reflect the policies of UEFA, although it will be their own interpretation of how the UEFA rules should be applied. e.g. a 10% guideline figure, Board discretion etc., rather than a hard and fast rule.

Edited by Footballfirst

So that would mean Ashley would have at least 2 years to sell Newcastle before a chance of that happening.

TBF: I think Newcastle would struggle to get to Europe while Ashley is in charge anyway!

If it was a domestic rule only, then there would be restriction of Ashley's ownership of Rangers.

The SFA rules will reflect the policies of UEFA, although it will be their own interpretation of how the UEFA rules should be applied. e.g. a 10% guideline figure, Board discretion etc., rather than a hard and fast rule.

I've been looking online and it does actually look like this is the domestic version of the rule only, below is an article about the disparity between domestic rules and UEFA rules when it comes to owning multiple clubs - in Spain for example, the rule is 5%

http://www.danielgeey.com/multiple-football-club-ownership-disparities-between-rules/

We_are_the_Hearts

So that would mean Ashley would have at least 2 years to sell Newcastle before a chance of that happening.

TBF: I think Newcastle would struggle to get to Europe while Ashley is in charge anyway!

But surely The Rangers could qualify for Europe next season if they win the Scottish Cup and have accounts for their first 3 years in existence?

There was an odd spat last night between PMGB and Keith Jackson. PMGB suggested that Graham Wallace is on gardening leave pending negotiation of a severance package.

Keith Jackson then countered with: "If Graham Wallace is on gardening leave then it might have been an idea to tell him first. Big day for the CEO tomorrow right enough."

PMGB replied with: "For the avoidance of doubt I am aware of a spin campaign tomorrow to ?show? that Graham Wallace is hard at work and fully engaged.

Just a heads up?"

There was an odd spat last night between PMGB and Keith Jackson. PMGB suggested that Graham Wallace is on gardening leave pending negotiation of a severance package.

Keith Jackson then countered with: "If Graham Wallace is on gardening leave then it might have been an idea to tell him first. Big day for the CEO tomorrow right enough."

PMGB replied with: "For the avoidance of doubt I am aware of a spin campaign tomorrow to ?show? that Graham Wallace is hard at work and fully engaged.

Just a heads up?"

Was this on radio or something? Is there a link? I'd love to hear it!

I've been looking online and it does actually look like this is the domestic version of the rule only, below is an article about the disparity between domestic rules and UEFA rules when it comes to owning multiple clubs - in Spain for example, the rule is 5%

http://www.danielgee...-between-rules/

I understand where you are coming from, But as long as the application of the SFA rules is stricter than UEFA's then they won't fall foul of it.

As I said above, the SFA must be taking an international view with regard to Ashley as he only has a shareholding in one Scottish club.

I understand where you are coming from, But as long as the application of the SFA rules is stricter than UEFA's then they won't fall foul of it.

As I said above, the SFA must be taking an international view with regard to Ashley as he only has a shareholding in one Scottish club.

Have things changed from when Ken Bates tried to buy Partick Thistle? This was kyboshed due to him owning Chelsea. Or perhaps it's because he wanted to buy PT outright.

Was this on radio or something? Is there a link? I'd love to hear it!

It was a twitter exchange and a post on TSFM following a PMGB blog post, although not directly addressing the other party.

PMGB's blog: http://www.philmacgi...mess/#more-5064

It was a bold statement to make as there is no ambiguity in the blog or indication of "I believe that" or "I understand that" when referring to GW.

Edited by Footballfirst

Fair enough, if you're sure.

To illustrate the nagging doubt in my mind in the form of a what-if scenario though, what if the SFA gave written permission for the guy who owns Newcastle to buy Rangers outright? (For whatever reason, corruption, stupidity, external pressure, whatever). The rules above say that this COULD be done with prior written permission. Say he then has 70% of both clubs.

If both clubs were to then qualify for Europe, I just can't see how UEFA will go "it's cool the SFA gave written permission, we're not bothered"

It was a twitter exchange and a post on TSFM following a PMGB blog post, although not directly addressing the other party.

PMGB's blog: http://www.philmacgi...mess/#more-5064

It was a bold statement to make as there is no ambiguity in the blog or indication of "I believe that" or "I understand that" when referring to GW.

Cheers, and I hope this isn't coming across as giving you a hard time, I've got a little time on my hands and a curious mind is all

But surely The Rangers could qualify for Europe next season if they win the Scottish Cup and have accounts for their first 3 years in existence?

Wont happen as Hearts will win the cup!!! :jj:

Okay you have a point. I did not think about a cup run!

Just spent an hour catching up on this thread and it was worth it for the mental image of your average Rangers fan proclaiming his desire to choose his new shell suit provider 'without prejudice'.

For all it's faults Scottish football is one of the greatest examples of unintentional satire.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic