The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Charlie-Brown

There are not enough facepalms when commenting on the mind set and utter tripe gers fans display.

Geoff Kilpatrick

The man that could have bought them for ?1 instead of Whyte with his "off the radar" wealth now says this.

be7ara5a.jpg

He then tells us it'll take 50million. The board that couldn't raise a loan outside & had to seek funds from its 2 major shareholders clearly hasn't got this type of cash at its disposal either.

u5aruza2.jpg

In the land of king austerity is an unknown word. Just what exactly did the Easdales say to him at that meeting ?.

This will be Dave "I am limited as to what I can take out of the Republic of South Africa" King, won't it?

The man that could have bought them for ?1 instead of Whyte with his "off the radar" wealth now says this.

be7ara5a.jpg

He then tells us it'll take 50million. The board that couldn't raise a loan outside & had to seek funds from its 2 major shareholders clearly hasn't got this type of cash at its disposal either.

u5aruza2.jpg

In the land of king austerity is an unknown word. Just what exactly did the Easdales say to him at that meeting ?.

Excellent. Got into a debate with a couple of huns in my local on sunday night about Dave "the saviour" king. Trying to tell me Dave king will save them, nothing to worry about, they're going to win the premiership in their first year back, asked him how the hell did u figure that one out and the answer was. . . . Because we are rangers!! Was pishing myself with laughter, trying to tell them they're goosed, stop reading the daily star!! Wonder if/when the penny will finally drop with these balloons, probobly never, thick as pigshit but they do entertain and you have to laugh, poor souls.

Shanks said no

Well the cost cutting has not kicked in yet.

The Rangers stayed at the Carnoustie Hotel on Saturday night before their all important game against Brechin City

Friend was staying there and she paid ?80 per night for hotel and spa deal

I just cannot believe how gullible Scottish Sports journalists are. King feeds them all sort of rubbish and it's regurgitated straight onto the back page. The only way that Dave King will ever get involved would be if there was a straight liquidation of the club. Even then there is the "Fit and Proper Person" criteria that would apply. Though having said that the Football Authorities here will no doubt lower their trousers and bend right over for him if that was to happen.

Edited by Deevers

I'm interested to know what Kings 'Investment' plans are?

An investment normally has a return. Does his investment come with the Chairman role with a ?1 million a year wage etc?

What did he get out the club originally for his 20 million? (Did he take a wage etc.)

Does he think he can buy the club and rebuild it and get a return on 30 million?

All I'm saying is there is difference between a gift and an investment!

Did he not get ?18 million of his ?20 million back from Rangers.

I don't think he did, pretty sure that story came about because the SA tax authorities assumed that he did.

"The only way we can access that revenue is to compete with Celtic. To do that, in our first year back we are going to have to treble our wage bill as a minimum. Depending on how Dermot Desmond responds we may need to make it four."

The man's a nutjob !

"I have had discussions with my family and told them: ?This is your inheritance I?ll be spending.?

And even though they are all South Africans they have said: ?Dad, go for it!?

It?s their inheritance but they have said: ?Spend it and don?t worry about it.? "

Who believes any of this ?!

I don't think he did, pretty sure that story came about because the SA tax authorities assumed that he did.

Was it not what they assessed his investment/asset to be worth for tax purposes.

Or something like the.

Ron Swanson

"I have had discussions with my family and told them: ?This is your inheritance I?ll be spending.?

It?s their inheritance but they have said: ?Spend it and don?t worry about it.? "

Keith Jackson perhaps? How he can type stuff from so far inside dave kings @rse is something that should be applauded.

Was it not what they assessed his investment/asset to be worth for tax purposes.

Or something like the.

That sounds right, point being that he never got it back :thumbsup:

Jambof3tornado

not me. But plenty sevconians.

gullible as **** is your sevconian.

Tommy Brown

FROM TODAY DR

DK: It wouldn?t be a loan. It would be equity. The club wouldn?t have to repay it.

I have lost ?20m in Rangers already and I?m happy to lose another ?30m because I love

the team.

I don?t want to be arrogant but it might be easier for me to lose ?30m than it is for some fans to afford season tickets.

Some of them struggle to put shoes on their kids? feet but they buy season tickets because they love Rangers. I am the same. I just happen to be in a more fortunate position and I want to do something about it. I am not going away.

Does he even believe himself?

Hagar the Horrible

If he was stupid enough to hand over ?30m, the spivs would have that spent in no time, why bother when he can get the club for a song after admin? own it entirely himself and use that money as working capital, and he can still sell shares to those who want to buy back the shares they already bought

His idea is to subscribe to a rights issue so that the cash would go to the club rather than the spivs. The shareholding of the spivs would then be diluted to the point where he gains control.

Snag, of course, is that this would all depend on the spiv turkeys voting for Christmas by sanctioning the rights issue. Doesn't sound likely.

Dalstonjambo

"The only way we can access that revenue is to compete with Celtic. To do that, in our first year back we are going to have to treble our wage bill as a minimum. Depending on how Dermot Desmond responds we may need to make it four."

The man's a nutjob !

rewind 25 years and the 'for every fiver celtic spend....'

hope these clowns go to the wall again.. they will never learn

Hagar the Horrible

His idea is to subscribe to a rights issue so that the cash would go to the club rather than the spivs. The shareholding of the spivs would then be diluted to the point where he gains control.

Snag, of course, is that this would all depend on the spiv turkeys voting for Christmas by sanctioning the rights issue. Doesn't sound likely.

They would need something like a 81% vote on this, as per the failed resolutions 9 and 10. This guy King is just turning out to be like that Walter Mitty nutter we had? Seriously you just need to shout a few "we are ra peepuls" and a few "No Surrenders" and you can have them believing anything? Abraham Lincoln was totally wrong, you can fool all of ra people all of ra time!

...a bit disco

Keith Jackson perhaps? How he can type stuff from so far inside dave kings @rse is something that should be applauded.

The wonders of wifi.

doctor jambo

FROM TODAY DR

DK: It wouldn?t be a loan. It would be equity. The club wouldn?t have to repay it.

I have lost ?20m in Rangers already and I?m happy to lose another ?30m because I love

the team.

I don?t want to be arrogant but it might be easier for me to lose ?30m than it is for some fans to afford season tickets.

Some of them struggle to put shoes on their kids? feet but they buy season tickets because they love Rangers. I am the same. I just happen to be in a more fortunate position and I want to do something about it. I am not going away.

Does he even believe himself?

If he was to spend his ?30million on shares he would own the club right now and could do what he wants. Hell a couple of years ago he could have bought the club and invested the other ?24 million. three years ago he could have bought the club and invested the other ?29,999,999

Bit slow these rangers fans

Hagar the Horrible

Further re. Credit Facilities

On 24 February 2014, the Company announced that it had entered into two secured short term credit facilities for an aggregate amount of up to ?1.5 million. These credit facilities were provided by Laxey Partners Ltd ("Laxey") to the amount of ?1 million (the "Laxey Facility") and Alexander Easdale to the amount of ?500,000 (the "Easdale Facility").

Laxey has, pursuant to an agreement entered into today, transferred all rights and obligations in relation to the Laxey Facility to Mr George Letham including all its rights in relation to the standard security granted as security for the Laxey Facility. Mr Letham is a shareholder in the Company and a lifelong Rangers fan.

The Laxey Facility, now transferred by Laxey to Mr George Letham, remains subject to the same terms and conditions with the exception that the premium payment has been reduced to ?45,000 and remains payable in shares or cash.

For further information please contact:

Rangers International Football Club plc

So they have agreed to take less Cash ?45k from ?500k

Edited by Hagar the Horrible

Skivingatwork

?30m would last them a season and a half at their current spending rate.

Given that they want to quadruple the current wage bill to compete with their equally evil twin, I'd give them 4.5 months to burn through ?30m

Dusk_Till_Dawn

The Record seem to work on the basis that it's best to expose themselves to public ridicule rather than upset any of the fantasists who might by some miracle buy the club and make it work.

Scotland is world champion at parochialism. Look at our game to see the evidence. Backward doesn't do it justice.

i wish jj was my dad

The man's a nutjob !

I seriously hope that this their business plan.

Punks No Deid

The man's a nutjob !

:spoton:

Hagar the Horrible

"Only once this investment has been made will Rangers be able to live within its means"

:what:

But he wants to increase the wage bill from ?7m to ?21m how does that work? ST money is only at ?14m and they are skint at that!

jamboinglasgow

its kamakazee business plan, spend like mad to get back to "where they belong" in the belief if they get to that point the income will make then able to maintain it, but if one thing goes wrong they will miss it and implode. After all that has happened in recent years at Rangers, it shows no has learnt a single thing, but how can you learn from your mistakes when you think its everyone else who made them.

jack D and coke

It could of course just be bullshit to keep the huns buying season tickets. They need to believe they are important and money is no object to get them beating Celtic again. I don't buy it but the huns will.

But he wants to increase the wage bill from ?7m to ?21m how does that work? ST money is only at ?14m and they are skint at that!

Off his head! This time there will be no compliant Bank of Scotland sitting in the background nodding at their debt. It will be interesting to see what the results of the 120 day review being undertaken by Wallace throws up. If it shows that more belt tightening is needed by them watch for screaming by the Orcs and a season ticket boycott.

...a bit disco

Doesn't matter anyway.

They've got much more important things to concern themselves with.

Dons Fans On Tour ?@DonsFansOnTour 3h

Utd and Dons fans are to boycott food kiosks at Ibrox during semis. Please RT. Anyone good at designing a poster to help spread the word

:lol:

tartofmidlothian

Doesn't matter anyway.

Utd and Dons fans are to boycott food kiosks at Ibrox during semis. Please RT. Anyone good at designing a poster to help spread the word

Doesn't matter anyway.

Christ, if I was to boycott food during semis I'd die of starvation in fairly short order

Boycotting food kiosks.

At least I know Hearts fans wouldn't sink this low. Very sad.

But we robbed the charities, local businesses and Romanian beggars on Princes St!!!!

To think that all it would have taken is a group of honest men running the club to a break even figure.

They would have romped through the bottom two leagues and been able to invest in youth whilst giving them a chance to develop.

In the Scottish Championship they could have bulked up the squad with a few signings without breaking the bank.

Thank goodness for the spivs and speculators, the reckless spenders who felt the club had to be seen as a big club rather than being confident in their own identity (I know), thank goodness for the fans gullibility in lapping this up with little scrutiny and thank goodness there seems to be a real power struggle continuing with another speculator wanting on board to grab his share of the limelight and of course, power.

At this moment in time the current owners are best for us given we will be competitors next season..........If the new man comes to power then before it all goes belly up his money may well buy them promotion...........the longer term future may spell disaster but the near future is what we are talking about.

tartofmidlothian

To think that all it would have taken is a group of honest men running the club to a break even figure.

They would have romped through the bottom two leagues and been able to invest in youth whilst giving them a chance to develop.

In the Scottish Championship they could have bulked up the squad with a few signings without breaking the bank.

Thank goodness for the spivs and speculators, the reckless spenders who felt the club had to be seen as a big club rather than being confident in their own identity (I know), thank goodness for the fans gullibility in lapping this up with little scrutiny and thank goodness there seems to be a real power struggle continuing with another speculator wanting on board to grab his share of the limelight and of course, power.

At this moment in time the current owners are best for us given we will be competitors next season..........If the new man comes to power then before it all goes belly up his money may well buy them promotion...........the longer term future may spell disaster but the near future is what we are talking about.

:spoton:

If we get a decent manager (or any manager better than theirs') and choose our new signings wisely we could run them close and maybe even beat them to the title.

First thing's first re admin of course.

Jambof3tornado

Boycotting food kiosks.

At least I know Hearts fans wouldn't sink this low. Very sad.

of course we bloody would.

When is the 120 day review due ?

No idea.... but just imagine the reaction if you walked in to the Dragons Den and asked for a third of year to review things.

Ron Swanson

No idea.... but just imagine the reaction if you walked in to the Dragons Den and asked for a third of year to review things.

Was there not a quote from Fergus McCann that said he would take a few days to look over Celtics accounts and put together a plan.

120 days to conclude that they are spending more than they earn...no exactly difficult.

Crazy business plan.

Celtic wage bill 2013 = ?33M (wages to turnover 68%). So, Celtic brought in about ?50M.

Guessing ?10M champs league. So, leaves ?40M from STs, tv, sponsorship, transfers.

Gers have less STs, plus Celtic speculate in the transfer market.

Can't see how gers business model can work. What happens if Celtic get to champs league 50% of the time?

He'll even Celtics model looks ropy..!

• Maple Leaf locked this topic