People who wear Uni ties to a nightclub....

Marty McFly

if i may also add to what Dalton has said above...

Dik has told us that there has been "no face to face contact", he has "no contract yet", and he is "being kept in the dark about where he's going". He then went on to say that "They're putting me though the offshore survival course"

a few problems with these comments:

1) it is rare that a new contractor coming in to the industry will get his survival training paid for. Its usually a given that you already have it, as the shelling out of the ?600-700 shows you are committed to the industry

2) if he's going offshore in January and doesn't know where he is going something is wrong. Scheduled chopper flights are booked months in advance and the seats are always full. Unless of course his dad is chartering a chopper just for him.

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why are you making things up? I know two guys in Aberdeen who recently picked up offshore service work with just their survival and a wee bit labouring here and there. As long as a long termer shouts you its easy to get offshore with limited or no experience. It's not difficult work.

As I said it happens with Roustys etc but less and less frequently than it used to.

It doesn't happen with positions such as 'electrical engineers'.

:rofl:

pants on the head stuff from the shamster. i didn't send you a FB request. rest easy in the knowledge that i will not be troubling your FB account, either in the short, medium or long term.

'my pal' isn't wounded in the least and i have no interest in trying to protect him.

"disingenuous". :rofl: this coming from the master purveyor of BS. good one lieson.

i'm only here to point out your gut-wrenching rimming of the clique. they don't want you any more... they've got a new daddy.

:greggy:

You either lied when you stated on here that you'd sent me an FB request, or you lied when you said you never had. Either way, you lied.

Your pal's posts towards me have positively drenched in pain: one on this very thread, indeed. Your posts, meanwhile, have dripped in bitterness and frustration.

You lapped up what I said about the clique when it suited you - but then, you do a lot of things when it suits you. Exhibit A: attack and ridicule anyone who thought Csaba Laszlo wasn't all that in his first season here, only to perform a total about-turn and become his JKB antagoniser-in-chief within weeks. Exhibit B: you thought the DVD thing was hilarious when it suited you; but then I returned, didn't conform to type, and you've been unable to handle it ever since.

30,000 plus posts on an internet messageboard I may have; but by gum, if it's not the folk who always accuse me of taking this place too seriously who are actually far more guilty of it themselves. Folk like you. I gave Dik some advice earlier on; now, for your own benefit, I'm going to have to do the same with you.

romanov-694937545.jpg

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

why are you making things up? I know two guys in Aberdeen who recently picked up offshore service work with just their survival and a wee bit labouring here and there. As long as a long termer shouts you its easy to get offshore with limited or no experience. It's not difficult work.

Mate they wont listen to you if your not in the clique.

Let them keep doubting.

Dik has told us that there has been "no face to face contact", he has "no contract yet", and he is "being kept in the dark about where he's going". He then went on to say that "They're putting me though the offshore survival course"

1) it is rare that a new contractor coming in to the industry will get his survival training paid for. Its usually a given that you already have it, as the shelling out of the ?600-700 shows you are committed to the industry

2) if he's going offshore in January and doesn't know where he is going something is wrong. Scheduled chopper flights are booked months in advance and the seats are always full. Unless of course his dad is chartering a chopper just for him.

He also only has 2 working weeks left to get a week long course done.

And it is not booked yet....

:smiliz23:

Mate they wont listen to you if your not in the clique.

Let them keep doubting.

if you can please refer back to post #387 and answer the questions that would be great :)

Have no doubt that Dik's dad has said he will speak to someone he knows in the old oil rig game about a gig, but think Dik has bought his wellies and hard hat a bit too premature.

That said, the boy Lawson to say "stop digging" a couple of weeks after DVD gate beggars belief.

whistling.gif

RoussetsShorts

I don't know if its envy of me just waltzing into the job, I assume I will have a face to face for procedure purposes.

Thankful my dads been sooking root.

Dont hate the player, hate the game.

:verysmug:

A guy I used to work with was as lucky as you are here. His old mans pal is the guy that runs Qserv. Ended up getting full training and a cracking wireline job from nowhere.

You either lied when you stated on here that you'd sent me an FB request, or you lied when you said you never had. Either way, you lied.

Your pal's posts towards me have positively drenched in pain: one on this very thread, indeed. Your posts, meanwhile, have dripped in bitterness and frustration.

You lapped up what I said about the clique when it suited you - but then, you do a lot of things when it suits you. Exhibit A: attack and ridicule anyone who thought Csaba Laszlo wasn't all that in his first season here, only to perform a total about-turn and become his JKB antagoniser-in-chief within weeks. Exhibit B: you thought the DVD thing was hilarious when it suited you; but then I returned, didn't conform to type, and you've been unable to handle it ever since.

30,000 plus posts on an internet messageboard I may have; but by gum, if it's not the folk who always accuse me of taking this place too seriously who are actually far more guilty of it themselves. Folk like you. I gave Dik some advice earlier on; now, for your own benefit, I'm going to have to do the same with you.

romanov-694937545.jpg

more drivel. i don't think you know fact from fiction any more lieson.

the FB request thing was a comment as part of a joke. not a serious statement of fact. i actually think you know this perfectly well and are just being obtuse because you're desperately trying to portray someone else as a liar.

using my opinion, and changed opinion, of laszlo? :rofl: are people not entitled to change their opinions about the football club now? more pitifully weak stuff.

i'm not sure what it is that i "can't handle". this forum, far less you, means bugger all to me in the grand scheme of things. i don't take this place at all seriously.

one thing i do take seriously is my dislike of dishonest people. i think i saw a few things during 'that' episode that i didn't like. you're full of it lieson and everyone knows it.

How big is this clique?

I was surprised to read earlier that Malky was in it, especially with him being a mod n all :ninja:

So who else thinks Gilles Skidmarked Briefs is Har Mar Superstars dad?

only one way to find out.

Dik Mar is your grandad a glory hunting jambo who went to the tottenham game?

RoussetsShorts

I'd be proud to call him my son, he's secured himself and excellent career unlike yourself who seems to sit at home with a split screen masturbating to star wars movies whilst also licking Begbie's ring, some achievement.

Patrick Bateman

faces.jpg

more drivel. i don't think you know fact from fiction any more lieson.

the FB request thing was a comment as part of a joke. not a serious statement of fact. i actually think you know this perfectly well and are just being obtuse because you're desperately trying to portray someone else as a liar.

using my opinion, and changed opinion, of laszlo? :rofl: are people not entitled to change their opinions about the football club now? more pitifully weak stuff.

i'm not sure what it is that i "can't handle". this forum, far less you, means bugger all to me in the grand scheme of things. i don't take this place at all seriously.

one thing i do take seriously is my dislike of dishonest people. i think i saw a few things during 'that' episode that i didn't like. you're full of it lieson and everyone knows it.

What did you see during 'that' episode? Refusal to give a pack of hyenas what they wanted? So devastated were you by this that, in my absence, you mentioned me more than anyone else on here. When things then didn't work out as you wanted them to work out, there was hell to pay.

On Laszlo: no, changing your opinion isn't a problem at all. The problem was the extremes you adopted in both cases. Anyone criticising Laszlo was loudly shouted down by you throughout Season 1. Anyone defending him was then shouted down by you almost as loudly from an alarmingly early point in Season 2.

It wasn't just that you changed your position. In both cases, the position you adopted seemed to suit your position on here. Let's face it, you're not exactly known for adopting a contrary stance on very much, are you? I wouldn't go so far as to call it self-serving - but I've seen plenty of examples of your forked tongue on here. Ironic, that. :whistling:

I'd be proud to call him my son, he's secured himself and excellent career unlike yourself who seems to sit at home with a split screen masturbating to star wars movies whilst also licking Begbie's ring, some achievement.

NAP

:verysmug:

Tiberius Stinkfinger

No, I don't consider them as friends. I do consider them as in another universe to you as posters.

Have you at no point on this thread stopped and thought to yourself: "I'm making a bit of a ***** of it here. Best make a speedy exit for everyone's sake"?

If you haven't, God only knows what's going on up there. When you're in a hole, stop digging.

You really should take Shammy Lieson's advice here Dikky Boey !

I suggest after you have been caught out lying through your ringpiece and digging a hole so deep a Mole couldn't scramble out of that you vanish for about, say 18 days, also you should invent a serious life threatening bit of surgery to throw the bloodsuckers of track and try and gain some form of sympathy.

When you return try sucking up a few of the prominant posters back ends for added credibility and Bob's your uncle, your back in the fold.

One other thing could Vic and Shaun **** off you two are ruining a perfectly civil thread :angry:

Edit: Fodithman can stay for now but get back on topic

:really:

They havn't confirmed my dates or which rig I will be based on yet, keeping me in the dark, got the job through my dad whos also with AMEC and they done the exact same with him.

One other thing could Vic and Shaun **** off you two are ruining a perfectly civil thread :angry:

i have no idea what they are arguing about. have been skipping past their wee bit of handbags to get to the good stuff for the last 2-3 pages :jjyay:

You really should take Shammy Lieson's advice here Dikky Boey !

I suggest after you have been caught out lying through your ringpiece and digging a hole so deep a Mole couldn't scramble out of that you vanish for about, say 18 days, also you should invent a serious life threatening bit of surgery to throw the bloodsuckers of track and try and gain some form of sympathy.

When you return try sucking up a few of the prominant posters back ends for added credibility and Bob's your uncle, your back in the fold.

Yep, drenched in pain, as I said.

And so sleekit and such an untrustworthy backstabber that you even insinuate I invented the surgery I had. Pathetic - but predictable. :down:

PS. Don't worry Wedge (and everyone else), that's all I have to say on this. :)

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

Dik out of interest did you do any work at the sky building in dunfermline?

Nope.

What did you see during 'that' episode? Refusal to give a pack of hyenas what they wanted? So devastated were you by this that, in my absence, you mentioned me more than anyone else on here. When things then didn't work out as you wanted them to work out, there was hell to pay.

On Laszlo: no, changing your opinion isn't a problem at all. The problem was the extremes you adopted in both cases. Anyone criticising Laszlo was loudly shouted down by you throughout Season 1. Anyone defending him was then shouted down by you almost as loudly from an alarmingly early point in Season 2.

It wasn't just that you changed your position. In both cases, the position you adopted seemed to suit your position on here. Let's face it, you're not exactly known for adopting a contrary stance on very much, are you? I wouldn't go so far as to call it self-serving - but I've seen plenty of examples of your forked tongue on here. Ironic, that. :whistling:

once again i must question whether you can distinguish between fact and fiction.

using my directly opposed opinion of a previous manager to in some way prove a point about how i state opinions in order to suit myself? WTF are you on about? they were just simple opinions about the football club at any given time. nothing more and nothing less. your hypocrisy is astonishing on this matter because you have regularly altered your stances on things yourself. i would imagine most posters have completely changed their mind about various aspects of the football club.

like i said earlier, i only got involved on this thread because of your sickening attempt to weasel back into the affections of the clique. in fact i would go as far to say as i think your existence on here in some way depends on doing so. maybe it's something you just have to do.

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

so is dik mar a ******* liar as well then? :pleasingao:

Nope.

Only thing I've lied about was saying about a year ago you were a good poster :vrface:

Complete throbber.

RoussetsShorts

Nope.

Only thing I've lied about was saying about a year ago you were a good poster :vrface:

Complete throbber.

:omg!: :omg!:

:yas:

:spoton:

Nope.

Complete throbber.

again, can i refer you back to the questions i posed you on post #387?

or are you unwilling/unable to answer?

Nope.

Cool just checking as the powers down in rosyth and someone on facebook saw a plume of smoke come from it before the power went out :thumbsup:

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

Listen I am not going to repeat myself over and over again to you monkeys. I am out my time as an alarm engineer, I fancy off-shore. Since my dad works off-shore he has spoke to a good mate of his in HR who has said he WILL get me a job as an electrical engineer, he has delivered his promise but just hasn't got confirmed dates and locations yet.

600 quid for a survival course is peanuts.

Question me all day but come january hopefully I will have started then I will be making megabucks and kicking back for 2 weeks a month.

**** it. Vegas in the summer!

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

Cool just checking as the powers down in rosyth and someone on facebook saw a plume of smoke come from it before the power went out :thumbsup:

Your about as funny as cancer.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Yep, drenched in pain, as I said.

And so sleekit and such an untrustworthy backstabber that you even insinuate I invented the surgery I had. Pathetic - but predictable. :down:

PS. Don't worry Wedge (and everyone else), that's all I have to say on this. :)

Agreed, I'm pishing my self laughing here all drenched in pain :lol:

"sleekit and such an untrustworthy backstabber" coming from a proven lying fantasist.

Away back to your island Shammy !

fantasy_island_tattoo.jpg

:lol:

Listen I am not going to repeat myself over and over again to you monkeys. I am out my time as an alarm engineer, I fancy off-shore. Since my dad works off-shore he has spoke to a good mate of his in HR who has said he WILL get me a job as an electrical engineer, he has delivered his promise but just hasn't got confirmed dates and locations yet.

Question me all day but come january hopefully I will have started then I will be making megabucks and kicking back for 2 weeks a month.

fair enough, and im not going to repeat myself over and over again either. an electrical engineer is a professional title that requires formal, recognised academic qualifications (degree level or equivalent). you have already admitted you don't have these, so YOU CANNOT BE EMPLOYED AS AN ELECTRICAL ENGINEER!! Or are AMEC now employing unqualified people into positions of responsibilty within the high-risk offshore industry?

And again, can you please answer the previosu questions i put to you in post #387?

RoussetsShorts

fair enough, and im not going to repeat myself over and over again either. an electrical engineer is a professional title that requires formal, recognised academic qualifications (degree level or equivalent). you have already admitted you don't have these, so YOU CANNOT BE EMPLOYED AS AN ELECTRICAL ENGINEER!! Or are AMEC now employing unqualified people into positions of responsibilty within the high-risk offshore industry?

And again, can you please answer the previosu questions i put to you in post #387?

who do you think you are asking the lad questions, he got his job, let him enjoy it and you enjoy your days spent designing test tubes on autodesk.

The job description that YOU gave us on here is not that of an electrical engineer.

With no qualifications and a background as an alarm fitter no company would look at you for that position anyway...it doesn't matter who you dad knows.

Snake Plissken

Now I'm no expert on any of this, but don't you need a degree to be an Electrical Engineer offshore?

I was bored interested enough to quickly google a couple of vacancies and they all appear to ask for someone with a degree and substantial experience. I think it's entirely reasonable that people on this forum will have difficulty believing a semi-literate young man will be about to take on such a position.

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

Well the guy in HR seems to think my alarm engineering qualifications seem to be suffice for the job and thats good enough for me.

He knows more about the industry than you numbnuts.

As for your questions in 387 I will not lower myself to having to answer to an arsehole like you. Before you start the 'so your a liar' chat give it a rest. Just because I'm choosing to ignore them doesnt mean I dont know them.

Now back in your cage.

RoussetsShorts

Well the guy in HR seems to think my alarm engineering qualifications seem to be suffice for the job and thats good enough for me.

He knows more about the industry than you numbnuts.

As for your questions in 387 I will not lower myself to having to answer to an arsehole like you. Before you start the 'so your a liar' chat give it a rest. Just because I'm choosing to ignore them doesnt mean I dont know them.

Now back in your cage.

stock-vector-bowling-strike-24063817.jpg

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

Is trotter in the clique now? It's getting so hard to keep up with all the comings and goings.

If everyone that sucked virtual dick on this board could join the clique then you would be over 100 strong.

Far too many bum suckers out there its horrible!

Now I'm no expert on any of this, but don't you need a degree to be an Electrical Engineer offshore?

I was bored interested enough to quickly google a couple of vacancies and they all appear to ask for someone with a degree and substantial experience. I think it's entirely reasonable that people on this forum will have difficulty believing a semi-literate young man will be about to take on such a position.

Ideally a degree, if not you need some serious experience to back your application up.

Dik Mar is in fantasy land and now all he can resort to is personal insults.

It's a shame it really is.

:brucey:

who do you think you are asking the lad questions, he got his job, let him enjoy it and you enjoy your days spent designing test tubes on autodesk.

i am simply asking him to prove me wrong in that he does have a modicum of the aptitude and knowledge that entitles someone to call themselves an Engineer. Im sorry if i've offended anyone, but as someone who IS an engineer I feel the need to question people who seem willing to assume the position without (it seems) the fundamental knowledge or attitude that is a legal and ethical requirement.

Oh, i've not used Autodesk since uni, this week i'll be chairing a 2day SIL assessment, and then carrying on with the commissioning of a gas treatment plant that's been out for its ten-yearly inspections :rolleyes:

Snake Plissken

Is trotter in the clique now? It's getting so hard to keep up with all the comings and goings.

I think anyone with a triple digit IQ who disagrees with a moron will be accused of being a member of the clique.

Archived