People who wear Uni ties to a nightclub....

Marty McFly

What is this all about ?

Prance about like 12 year olds acting like complete erseholes. Extremely arrogant and rude people too.

:seething:

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"some uni **** nicked the bird I was chatting up" type post.

Not at all, they just really annoy me.

Can I second the fact that he clearly got his burd chored by a "uni tie wearer". :thumbsup:

Don't get to cocky it could well have been your bird the were both chatting up

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

Most students are bell-ends and think they own the place tie or no tie anyway.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Whigham's Wine Cellar is NOT a nightclub!

Is Po Na Na still full of that kind? (Not been in a nightclub properly in nearly 9 years)

Johanes de Silentio

Wore my Uni tie out on the town last week.

Pulled.

Will be wearing it again this weekend.

:verysmug:

I just don't see why they find the need to wear it to a nightclub. It doesn't make them better people for it. I go to uni myself but i don't feel the need to let everyone know. Maybe im just a bitter wee guy but i hate it :angry:

Wore my Uni tie out on the town last week.

Pulled.

Will be wearing it again this weekend.

You go gurl!!!

:av-1001:

I P Knightley

What kind of sad tit has a uni tie anyway?!

And how does one recognise that a gentleman's tie is a "Uni tie"?

Spent 4 years at uni and I've no idea what the uni tie would look like.

I just don't see why they find the need to wear it to a nightclub. It doesn't make them better people for it. I go to uni myself but i don't feel the need to let everyone know. Maybe im just a bitter wee guy but i hate it :angry:

When I was at Uni the mens' rugby and football teams had to wear shirt and tie to/from matches and they usually went drinking straight after so that could be why they were wearing them.

What kind of sad tit has a uni tie anyway?!

Rugby tie, hockey tie and graduate tie.

I also have a school FP tie.

Sincerely,

A.Tit.

Snake Plissken

And how does one recognise that a gentleman's tie is a "Uni tie"?

Spent 4 years at uni and I've no idea what the uni tie would look like.

One would assume a tie with the university's logo on it.

Patrick Bateman

Not enough UCAS points to get into some pretend course at Stevenson College type post, IMO. The only people who think most/all students are 'bell-ends' are the people who were too thick to get into decent (or any) institutions in the first place and are ignorant of the lifestyle. The bitterness is palpable.

Sergio Garcia

When I was at Uni the mens' rugby and football teams had to wear shirt and tie to/from matches and they usually went drinking straight after so that could be why they were wearing them.

Yep and Wednesday's are usually match day.

Konrad von Carstein

Not enough UCAS points to get into some pretend course at Stevenson College type post, IMO. The only people who think most/all students are 'bell-ends' are the people who were too thick to get into decent (or any) institutions in the first place and are ignorant of the lifestyle. The bitterness is palpable.

To be fair, it's the obnoxious minority that get students a bad name.

K Von Carstein

Double HNC

currently studying REPS Level 2 Gym Instruction night class Stevenson College.

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

To be fair, it's the obnoxious minority that get students a bad name.

I'd agree with this.

Most fellow students I've encountered are decent folk.

Although the complete wankers stick out like a sore thumb, and in people's memories.

Incorrect.

Its the pony brigade and the Ya's that seal it for them.

One of my ex flat mates never paid rent and his parents delivered his groceries to him via online delivery each week. Never worked a day in his life and was an obnoxious little twirp. Grade A trobber.

Looked down his nose at you because I had to work near fulltime hours and pay my own way through uni. Trust me there is plenty like him, the george st brigade!

There is nothing wrong with an education but its real life experience that makes the difference. I tell you I've little to thank student living for. Its the real world that makes or breaks you.

1) people wear ties to nightclubs?

2) such a thing as a university tie exists? (and I'm a graduate btw - never heard of this in my puff)

3) people combine these two things?

I suddenly feel very un-cultured :blink:

I've got two degrees. That makes me twice as better than you as most other students. :greggy:

Whighams wine cellar is quality.

You'll often General Franko round there of an evening, sipping on the latest Cotes du Rhone, Rioja or vintage Shiraz.

Only for discerning gentlemen like ourselves though Sanch. :greggy:

The Mighty Thor

Rugby tie, hockey tie and graduate tie.

I also have a school FP tie.

Sincerely,

A.Tit.

Throw in your clique membership and do you ever get the feeling you have the overwhelming need to be part of a group?

A first year psychology students wet dream.

:smug:

The Mighty Thor

I've got two degrees. That makes me twice as better than you as most other students. :greggy:

You'll often General Franko round there of an evening, sipping on the latest Cotes du Rhone, Rioja or vintage Shiraz.

Francis you really need to go off piste on the Whighams wine list old boy......Shiraz and Rioja are so passe.

Throw in your clique membership and do you ever get the feeling you have the overwhelming need to be part of a group?

A first year psychology students wet dream.

1 MILLION FACEBOOK FRIENDS ANAW.

:smuggy:

The Mighty Thor

1 MILLION FACEBOOK FRIENDS ANAW.

:smuggy:

Unless one of them is the Lawssier the other 999,999 are worthless.

Fact.

Patrick Bateman

Incorrect.

One of my ex flat mates never paid rent and his parents delivered his groceries to him via online delivery each week. Never worked a day in his life and was an obnoxious little twirp. Grade A trobber.

Looked down his nose at you because I had to work near fulltime hours and pay my own way through uni. Trust me there is plenty like him, the george st brigade!

There is nothing wrong with an education but its real life experience that makes the difference. I tell you I've little to thank student living for. Its the real world that makes or breaks you.

So you dismiss 'most' students on the basis of one flatmate coming from a wealthy background? Seems a bit illogical and unfair, surely you had other student flatmates who had to work? And besides, I don't think anyone's individual struggles (or ease) through University necessarily make them a better or worse person. It's just the latest laughable comment by Dik Mar to dismiss people and things he clearly hasn't experienced himself. I've met students from virtually every different background and the vast majority of them have been decent, intelligent people. Give me that over the vacant pygmies any day.

Correct. I find that even for gentlemen such as myself who enjoy a pint of beer of an evening there is a wide and varied selection. always sure to find something for everyone in whighams :greggy:

edit: Unless they are poor of course in which case there is nothing for them there :verysmug:

Patrick Bateman

But could you get an 8.30 reservation at Dorsia? Great Sea Urchin ceviche.

Francis you really need to go off piste on the Whighams wine list old boy......Shiraz and Rioja are so passe.

I've got a palate for the classics, what what. :smuggy:

Don't get me wrong, I like pushing the boat out for a rich, plummy Lebanese Chateau Musar, but I remain a traditionalist at heart. :smuggy:

But could you get an 8.30 reservation at Dorsia? Great Sea Urchin ceviche.

Last time you made reservations, Bateman, we ended up at Texarcana. Listen, I know the mud soup and charcoal arugula is outrageous ("a playful, mysterious little dish" © New York Times), but you're hardly going to see Ivana eat there, are you?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Unless one of them is the Lawssier the other 999,999 are worthless.

Fact.

I'm not. And no, he wasn't part of the cull, either! :)

The Mighty Thor
Don't get me wrong, I like pushing the boat out for a rich, plummy Lebanese Chateau Musar, but I remain a traditionalist at heart. :smuggy:

Not what it used to be Francis. Not since they brought out a second label to make it more affordable for the masses

Reds aren't really a strength at Whighams, whites with a bit of seafood every time.

A dozen oysters and a bottle of Picpoul de Pinet ticks all the boxes :thumbsup:

Not what it used to be Francis. Not since they brought out a second label to make it more affordable for the masses

Reds aren't really a strength at Whighams, whites with a bit of seafood every time.

A dozen oysters and a bottle of Picpoul de Pinet ticks all the boxes :thumbsup:

You're all class, Thor. All class. :greggy:

Not going to lie, I've never eaten there and don't drink white unless I am eating a dish which demands it. The finest catch of the day, for instance. Nothing like a nice Pinot Grigio with a shellfish course.

Incidentally, I once went to Santini's with a lady friend and two couples of her choosing. One of the other girls at the table decided to order the wine for the table, saying - and I quote - "we'll have the cheapest white on the menu please". They didn't have it. :facepalm: She then said "OK, just the second cheapest then". :facepalm: times a million.

I don't see her or her friend anymore. :muggy:

It wasn't available

The Mighty Thor

You're all class, Thor. All class. :greggy:

Not going to lie, I've never eaten there and don't drink white unless I am eating a dish which demands it. The finest catch of the day, for instance. Nothing like a nice Pinot Grigio with a shellfish course.

Incidentally, I once went to Santini's with a lady friend and two couples of her choosing. One of the other girls at the table decided to order the wine for the table, saying - and I quote - "we'll have the cheapest white on the menu please". They didn't have it. :facepalm: She then said "OK, just the second cheapest then". :facepalm: times a million.

I don't see her or her friend anymore. :muggy:

It wasn't available

The food's good mate and the ambiance is a surefire winner with the ladies espcially if you get a table in one of the little cellars :thumbsup:

I often dine there with Mrs Therapist before heading back for a dip in the pool at Therapist towers* :jbsmug:

* couldn't resist as i felt we were straying into Terry territory :)

:lol:

Very Terry.

No idea where that superfluous "It wasn't available" comment came from by the way. :cornette:

Probably pure seethe at that story tbf. Still cuts deep. That was only one example of their uncouth behaviour unbefitting of a top culinary boey like myself. :(

So you dismiss 'most' students on the basis of one flatmate coming from a wealthy background? Seems a bit illogical and unfair, surely you had other student flatmates who had to work? And besides, I don't think anyone's individual struggles (or ease) through University necessarily make them a better or worse person. It's just the latest laughable comment by Dik Mar to dismiss people and things he clearly hasn't experienced himself. I've met students from virtually every different background and the vast majority of them have been decent, intelligent people. Give me that over the vacant pygmies any day.

Total gobshite! Did i say that? :rolleyes:

What I said if you actually read it was it was the minority like him (and there are a good few!) give students a bad name.

Students wear ties these days? Are these just the Bacarro types or even your common or garden Napier type punters? FFS I fear I am getting even further out of touch with "the young".

I P Knightley

Incorrect.

It does seem that you want to direct your ire more towards those from a wealthier background than yourself than towards students as such.

The thing is that for every one person claiming that the "school of life and the university of hard knocks" makes a difference, there's another who's taken advantage of the situation and comes out better-connected and with better career prospects.

Then there are those, like your ex-flatmate, for whom the 'real world' is being in the George St brigade. Sure, they'd be different sorts of people if they'd had to work their way through uni but you can't say that they aren't made or broken by their different experiences as they'll more than likely walk through life with just the same chances of happiness & fulfilment as you or me (albeit on a sightly different financial scale).

Takes all sorts and I'm sure that we could come up with a number of illustrations of folk from the other end of the social spectrum who do nothing to improve the image of students.

Archived