People who wear Uni ties to a nightclub....

Marty McFly

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

Not enough UCAS points to get into some pretend course at Stevenson College type post, IMO. The only people who think most/all students are 'bell-ends' are the people who were too thick to get into decent (or any) institutions in the first place and are ignorant of the lifestyle. The bitterness is palpable.

Got enough qualifications to get into any university in scotland so classic bateman spouting pish as usual.

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Juan Rom?n Riquelme

Most students are bell-ends and think they own the place tie or no tie anyway.

Failed to get into Napier type post, IMO.

Not enough UCAS points to get into some pretend course at Stevenson College type post, IMO. The only people who think most/all students are 'bell-ends' are the people who were too thick to get into decent (or any) institutions in the first place and are ignorant of the lifestyle. The bitterness is palpable.

:lol: !

In fairness to the guy talking about his ex flatmate, the majority of people who I've met where mummy and daddy pay for everything are complete w*nks. The things in my classes I've heard people complain about are just :mellow: "Oh my god, my dad won't buy me a new macbook even though mine is so old" "I had to get up at 9 this morning!!!" < from a girl living in halls. Her class was at 10 for which I had to get up at half 6.

I am just completely bitter though cause I work 35 hours a week because I don't get SAAS money :(

Patrick Bateman

Got enough qualifications to get into any university in scotland so classic bateman spouting pish as usual.

Given that you lack basic grammar and common sense in equal measure, that's evidently a total lie. No doubt, you'll now fabricate some excuse as to why you clearing the trollies at some Tesco car park, rather than studying at one of Scotland's proper Universities like Edinburgh, Glasgow, or, where the top brass go, St Andrews.

:verysmug:

:lies:

Sterling Archer

Interested to hear what constitutes 'getting in' to a top University as we all know it's as much about the course...

Even top Universities have courses that are far easier to qualify for.

Sterling Archer

What's the minimum for some of the clearing courses etc though?

Regardless we're going to need to see a scanned Certificate.

It does seem that you want to direct your ire more towards those from a wealthier background than yourself than towards students as such.

The thing is that for every one person claiming that the "school of life and the university of hard knocks" makes a difference, there's another who's taken advantage of the situation and comes out better-connected and with better career prospects.

Then there are those, like your ex-flatmate, for whom the 'real world' is being in the George St brigade. Sure, they'd be different sorts of people if they'd had to work their way through uni but you can't say that they aren't made or broken by their different experiences as they'll more than likely walk through life with just the same chances of happiness & fulfilment as you or me (albeit on a sightly different financial scale).

Takes all sorts and I'm sure that we could come up with a number of illustrations of folk from the other end of the social spectrum who do nothing to improve the image of students.

Nah, I'm friends with folks who are from a wealthy backgrounds as well but you can still be down to earth and willing to stand on your own two feet. Doesn't mean you have to be a complete ****. (the fact this 'type' of person is charicatured in the likes of Fresh Meat by Jake whitehall and chums means its not exactally a rare case)

Having been to uni and obviously have lots of friends that have been/are students it would be daft to tarnish them all with the same brush.

What I've basically been saying is I can understand completely how students get a bad name. There is quite a large minority that I've just got no time for, generally speaking.

Interested to hear what constitutes 'getting in' to a top University as we all know it's as much about the course...

Even top Universities have courses that are far easier to qualify for.

That's how I got into the uni I wanted! Had the grades for some guff subject (Psychology) then changed to an equally guff subject (Geography) once I was in.

Minimum entry requirements for St. Andrews are AABB although most are AAAAB.

Let's be honest though, unless you play sport at national level or are ridiculously good at music or something as well as having the grades you won't get in with AABB. Even with the outside stuff you'll struggle to get in.

I applied with AAABC and got swiftly told to **** off :lol: Only people I know who got in had 5 A's.

I P Knightley

Nah, I'm friends with folks who are from a wealthy backgrounds as well but you can still be down to earth and willing to stand on your own two feet. Doesn't mean you have to be a complete ****. (the fact this 'type' of person is charicatured in the likes of Fresh Meat by Jake whitehall and chums means its not exactally a rare case)

Having been to uni and obviously have lots of friends that have been/are students it would be daft to tarnish them all with the same brush.

What I've basically been saying is I can understand completely how students get a bad name. There is quite a large minority that I've just got no time for, generally speaking.

I didn't think that was your persona - just the way it came across in that one post. I fully agree that there are plenty of students who could do with sorting out - just in my view that they don't all come from one walk of life. There's nobbers all over the place, and they aren't all students, either.

Ho, ho feckin' ho - I feel the Christmas spirit & goodwill to all men coarsing through my veins!

As for Jake Whitehall - are you sure it's a caricature?

I have also never seen this.

Which 'nightclub' were you in?

You see a lot of the edinburgh uni students wearing ties in vodka rev. Dont see why you would want to wear it on a night out though

I didn't think that was your persona - just the way it came across in that one post. I fully agree that there are plenty of students who could do with sorting out - just in my view that they don't all come from one walk of life. There's nobbers all over the place, and they aren't all students, either.

Ho, ho feckin' ho - I feel the Christmas spirit & goodwill to all men coarsing through my veins!

As for Jake Whitehall - are you sure it's a caricature?

Aye sadly too true. :(

Didnt mean to come over all hostile to anyone with earlier posts, wasn't my intention. Didn't word it quite as I intended. :thumbsup:

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

The St Andrews average is AAABB. I'll be very surprised if Dik Mar has anything like that tbh

Maybe not St Andrews then haha.

I have ABBB and a C at int 2.

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

Given that you lack basic grammar and common sense in equal measure, that's evidently a total lie. No doubt, you'll now fabricate some excuse as to why you clearing the trollies at some Tesco car park, rather than studying at one of Scotland's proper Universities like Edinburgh, Glasgow, or, where the top brass go, St Andrews.

Just because every post I leave on this doesn't have the proper grammar does not mean I have a good education. You must have a shite life if its petty things like this you pick up on.

Another lie with your tesco claim. Just because I didn't choose to go down the university route means ****all.

I actually have a good job thank you very much.

I'll be wearing one of these bad boys in some of Edinburgh's top establishments (Greys Mill/Stratties) this evening.

59.jpg

emot-smug.gif

Just because every post I leave on this doesn't have the proper grammar does not mean I have a good education.

I agree, you clearly don't :smuggy:

Just because every post I leave on this doesn't have the proper grammar does not mean I have a good education. You must have a shite life if its petty things like this you pick up on.

Another lie with your tesco claim. Just because I didn't choose to go down the university route means ****all.

I actually have a good job thank you very much.

I'm guessing a bank. Just a guess, mind.

Patrick Bateman

Just because every post I leave excrete on this doesn't have never has the proper grammar does not mean I have a good education. You must have a shite wonderful life if its petty things glaring, remedial mistakes like this you pick up on.

Another lie fact bullet with your tesco claim. Just because I didn't choose wasn't able to go down the university route means ****all I'll be spitting about the elite glass ceiling that I'm unable to break through as I spend every Friday evening for the next twenty years dining at Nandos.

I actually have a good job They even trust me with the paper towels when it rains, thank you very much.

It's fair to say that your abhorrent ignorance of grammar would suggest that chose to ignore, or were incapable of processing, the 'good education' that you claim to have received. The fact you aren't intellectually capable of going to University, let alone a decent one with a wide range of people, totally undermines your claim that 'all students are dicks'. You simply don't know because it's a 4 year party which people like you aren't invited to, and all the CDT and PE Highers you got won't change that. Despite your limitations, even you know that, deep down. That's why you regard students so lowly; they're everything you dream to be, but can't. Don't let the seething jealousy and bitterness cloud what little judgement you have. It's embarrassing.

Maybe not St Andrews then haha.

I have ABBB and a C at int 2.

Lucky to get into cooking at Telford with grades like that tbf. :smuggy:

The Mighty Thor

Actually you used to get into the City & Guilds course with a lot less than that :smug:

Actually you used to get into the City & Guilds course with a lot less than that :smug:

Really? I wouldn't know. I went to a top uni with my grades instead :verysmug:

Presumably the bar has been raised since then to avoid any old riff raff getting in though - the sheep shearing course wipes its tush with Intermediate 2 qualifications. :)

The Mighty Thor

Presumably the bar has been raised since then to avoid any old riff raff getting in though - the sheep shearing course wipes its tush with Intermediate 2 qualifications. :)

The early 80's were simpler times Francis. There was less clamour to attend Uni and a degree back then was considerably more than the current passport to a lifetime of student debt and unfulfilled expectation. :smug:

Of course a man of means such as I am I had the necessary qualifications to attend Edinburgh (there were none of the polytechnic Uni's back then)and went part of the way through the entry process before opting for a 'career' as a purveyour of the finest grub. Bears no relation to what i do nowadays mind you, but that's life :)

ToadKiller Dog

University has is modern role its keeping a good percentage of the young off the dole que for at least 3 years .

Patrick Bateman

We should talk. I just picked up my new business card from the printers; what do you think?

PatrickBatemanBC.jpg

See the colouring? That's bone. And the lettering is something called "Silian Rail".

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

I'm guessing a bank. Just a guess, mind.

Ron Swanson was correct, not cut out for an office job, far too tedious.

Patrick Bateman

And here's my card...

Tobias%20Funke%20Analrapist.jpg

EDIT: Shit, forgot I was Gosling now.

:lol:

That's because you're part of that whole "Yale thing", Gosling.

Having worked at a uni for 8 years now, I think I have the best qualifications to pass judgement on the character of students......

They are all bell ends, apart from the tidy lassies of course, especially in the warmer months, which sadly there aren't a lot during term time :sob:

Snake Plissken

We should talk. I just picked up my new business card from the printers; what do you think?

PatrickBatemanBC.jpg

See the colouring? That's bone. And the lettering is something called "Silian Rail".

That is really super, how'd a nitwit like you get so tasteful?

But wait.

You aint seen nothin' yet.

AmericanPsychoCards_18.jpg

Braised lettering, pale nimbus, white.

:smug:

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

Having worked at a uni for 8 years now, I think I have the best qualifications to pass judgement on the character of students......

They are all bell ends, apart from the tidy lassies of course, especially in the warmer months, which sadly there aren't a lot during term time :sob:

Thank you very much, and I have worked in many student accomodations also fitting alarms, they're all clarty *******swho have nout worth robbing anyway. Tramps.

Patrick Bateman

That is really super, how'd a nitwit like you get so tasteful?

But wait.

You aint seen nothin' yet.

AmericanPsychoCards_18.jpg

Braised lettering, pale nimbus, white.

:smug:

Impressive. Very nice. Now, let's see Francis Begbie's card.

american-psycho-splash.jpg

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

Impressive. Very nice. Now, let's see Francis Begbie's card.

american-psycho-splash.jpg

Are you lot still doing this yeah?

Tragic.

Thank you very much, and I have worked in many student accomodations also fitting alarms, they're all clarty *******swho have nout worth robbing anyway. Tramps.

What trade are you Dik? Fitting alarms I would guess at electrician but really hope not as I've always been re-assured by the fact we have nothing in common and would be desperately disappointed to be proven wrong

Tragic.

Still hanging on his every post?

Perhaps if you had gone to University you might have been able to deal with this situation.

:greggy:

Guest C00l K1d

Nothing wrong with Telford Begbie.

They were my first step in my exciting, adventurous voyage into the theatrical world.

Patrick Bateman

Tragic.

No. When a young man is left on the footballing scrapheap because he is too short shit to make it, before rejecting Scotland's top Universities because he can can't get in and is left to meander through the rest of his meaningless existence. His days spent jealously sifting through the possessions of his intellectual superiors whilst fitting fire alarms, his dreams of nights out in Aberdeen being the only escape from the impotent wasteland that his life has become. That's what's really tragic.

Hey Dik Mar, Paul Whitehouse called.

He said "I won't bother taking my comedy back as I now realise it's awful".

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I've just finished up uni until the 16th (SIXTEENTH) of January.

It's going to be a laugh riot.

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

What trade are you Dik? Fitting alarms I would guess at electrician but really hope not as I've always been re-assured by the fact we have nothing in common and would be desperately disappointed to be proven wrong

Alarm Engineer.

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

Still hanging on his every post?

Perhaps if you had gone to University you might have been able to deal with this situation.

:greggy:

Before we start this playground pish 'but he started it' just scroll back to the start of the thread and realise his creepy obssession with me is jow this started.

Archived