Formula 1 2012 Superthread

:shitwine:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's like 1998 all over again.

And since Button took Hamilton at the first corner, there'll be no need for a dodgy last lap overtake.

Great win for Button.

A lot of action at the end. Maldonado had a nasty crash at the end, and Di Resta goes from 13th in the last lap to 10th to snatch a point. 6th and 8th for Sauber is impressive.

kingantti1874

Good race for the mclarens!!! I think vettel got exceptionally lucky to steal second... Pish start from those in front, schumi breaking down. Hamilton stick behind Perez after 1st pit stop and them safety car... That said - once into that position the mclarens and rbr look close on race pace... Should be a good season

Decent race. :thumbsup:

Ferraris race pace is quite good. Well in Alonsos hands anyway. Massa is struggling. Will he finish the season?

Excellent point for di Resta. 13th to 10th on the last lap. :thumbsup:

Glad the season has started. :thumbsup:

kingantti1874

You know curra I think alonso drove the arse off that.. I do think the Ferrari is anything like the 3rd quickest car... Massive respect to him.. I like him more and more..

As regards Hamilton, im still a fan but wonder where the rookie who took alonso head on in his first season has gone... I'm not sure his hearts in it any more... Not to take away from button but Hamilton is ( or at least was) the quicker of the 2.

You know curra I think alonso drove the arse off that.. I do think the Ferrari is anything like the 3rd quickest car... Massive respect to him.. I like him more and more..

As regards Hamilton, im still a fan but wonder where the rookie who took alonso head on in his first season has gone... I'm not sure his hearts in it any more... Not to take away from button but Hamilton is ( or at least was) the quicker of the 2.

Alonso always drives at 100%. Maximum attack. :thumbsup:

Hamilton came in as the new big thing and he rode on the hype. Then people saw he's prone to the odd mistake and he lost some of his mystique.

He is still the best to watch when he is on it. :thumbsup:

I'm really liking the 2 Sauber drivers. Kobiyashi goes for any gap that is shown and Perez seems relentless. I can see Perez in a Ferrari soon.

rossthejambo

Good start to the season. Great race by Button and Alonso in particular. Gave him no chance after yesterday.

Got to feel for Maldonado though, what a drive he had til the last lap. Perez and the Sauber look pretty handy.

Mercedes will be disappointed with their race.

Hamilton must be the unluckiest driver going, lost a place because of a safety car. Hat's off to Button though, a great start.

Good race for the mclarens!!! I think vettel got exceptionally lucky to steal second... Pish start from those in front, schumi breaking down. Hamilton stick behind Perez after 1st pit stop and them safety car... That said - once into that position the mclarens and rbr look close on race pace... Should be a good season

i didn't watch the race but if that is true (not doubting you) that might mean almost a role reversal from last season where RBR were the fastest in quali and the McLarens could match them in race trim (and were in some races faster)

kingantti1874

i didn't watch the race but if that is true (not doubting you) that might mean almost a role reversal from last season where RBR were the fastest in quali and the McLarens could match them in race trim (and were in some races faster)

Yeah, although whit marsh was on tv saying the mclarens went into fuel save mode- seems they got their fuel calls a little wrong and had to turn the wick down to make it to the end.. I think they he a good qualy advantage and a few 10ths in the race... Was a little disappointed in the Merce race pace.. Competitive season ahead

Decent race. :thumbsup:

Ferraris race pace is quite good. Well in Alonsos hands anyway. Massa is struggling. Will he finish the season?

Excellent point for di Resta. 13th to 10th on the last lap. :thumbsup:

Glad the season has started. :thumbsup:

Forgot to mention Alonso in my original report - he was fantastic. He deserves much more than the car that Ferrari have given him. He did well to hold off Maldonado when his car struggled towards the end, but another poor show from Massa. He has gone through a lot in terms of setbacks in the last few years (losing the title in 08 on the last lap, his injury in 09, the incident at Germany 2010), but this could be the end of the road (pardon the pun) for Felipe.

When it comes to Hamilton, he's a great driver, and I appreciate that he wants to be number one, but he needs to stop sulking. I've never seen anyone as miserable on a podium than Lewis - even when team orders cost Massa and Barrachello victories in the past, they looked cheerier than Hamilton.

When it comes to Hamilton, he's a great driver, and I appreciate that he wants to be number one, but he needs to stop sulking. I've never seen anyone as miserable on a podium than Lewis - even when team orders cost Massa and Barrachello victories in the past, they looked cheerier than Hamilton.

Give the guy a break, you would not be happy if you lost out at the start, because you erred, then lost a place because of the safety car would you. He's understandably disappointed. He's lost points to the guys he has to beat.

Give the guy a break, you would not be happy if you lost out at the start, because you erred, then lost a place because of the safety car would you. He's understandably disappointed. He's lost points to the guys he has to beat.

I'm not trying to give him a hard time, but in the last 2 or 3 years, it seems that unless he's on the top step, he stands on the podium with a face like he was chewing a wasp.

As I said, he obviously has high standards, but getting on the podium is a tremendous achievement - he needs to cheer up a bit.

He is unquestionably one of the best drivers out there.

Guest GhostHunter

Not liking the Sky coverage it's got to be said....I do like the driver cam tho - very cool.

Disappointed that Martin Brundle sold his soul and went to Sky - it'll be interesting to see how the BBC cope...always will prefer the beeb's coverage, Jordan Coulthard and Humphreys actually grew on me last year...

Thought Sky have tried to copy BBC as far as the possibly could, the fomat is remarkably similar.

rossthejambo

Thought Sky have tried to copy BBC as far as the possibly could, the fomat is remarkably similar.

The race coverage is the exact same all over the world. Sky and BBC have no control over it.

Rudi Skacel

here we go boys

1 RTJ Racing Ross Downie 129

2 Andys Reliant Robin Andy Dickson 84

3 Hamiltons Yellow Helmet Neale Ogilvie 80

4 Zoomers jacqui taylor 74

5 Hughes Vroooooom Steven Hughes 69

6 Mcmoose f1 D Weir 62

7 Team Gavsy Gavin Miller 61

8 F1SilverDog Andrew Trotter 60

9 Seldon F1 Peter Hill 60

10 GP Milky Lada John O'Connor 57

11 Moist For Volvo's Daryl Sinclair 55

12 Slugs Marc Spence 54

13 Team Disco Racing David Laidlaw 54

14 Quick Brown Foxes Andrew Talbot 52

15 Team SINCLAIR Paul Sinclair 52

16 Scuderia Tazio Renny Robertson 51

17 McHambut William Sinclair48

18 Elvis Legend's Stewart Forsyth 46

19 Go Faster Snails Ross Attenburgh 45

20 Clark Stewart Racing Ross Nicol 39

rossthejambo

here we go boys

6 Mcmoose f1 D Weir 62

12 Slugs Marc Spence 54

:greggy:

Prince Buaben

The race coverage is the exact same all over the world. Sky and BBC have no control over it.

Until the British GP where its british broadcaster who controls it.

84 points. Pretty happy with that.

Arse 'Friends' Dyslexic?

Think he means the pre/post race parts of the programme.

rossthejambo

129 points ??? :seething:

Did you get pretty much every position right

Got 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 10th and who'd be on pole right as well as having Alonso and Raikonnen in the points. Got plenty bonus points for getting the podium spot on. :thumbsup:

Rubbish score from me. I got all of the drivers in the top 3 right but Vettel was the only one of the three that I got correct position wise.

First time I've ever wanted Hamilton to win a race as well :angry:

Prince Buaben

Got the top 3 in the wrong order! :whistling: ,

Did get pole right! Also think i got webber and Raikkionen right too.

here we go boys

6 Mcmoose f1 D Weir 62

12 Slugs Marc Spence 54

12th. :lol:

From 6th to 20th is quite close. :thumbsup:

129 points though ffs. Were you cheating? :lol:

Missed 4.

21. Oversized Go Karts Andy McIntyre 37

22. Flying Squirrels! Calum Roberts 31

23. My left Nut Racing Keith Wills 20

-. VavaVroooom Chris Milne 0

Was anyone else really impressed by Williams. Albeit Senna retired and Maldonado crashed on the last lap, he seemed to be keeping up with Alonso well. Hope they do well this season.

kingantti1874

Aye would be good to see Williams back at the top... Looks like thu have a decent car- not sure about their drivers tho

While the race is the same, the rest of the coverage is exclusive, the commentators, the three presenter style etc, the lady interviewer etc.

rossthejambo

While the race is the same, the rest of the coverage is exclusive, the commentators, the three presenter style etc, the lady interviewer etc.

I realise what you mean now. Would be silly not to have a similar set up though as the BBC considering how successful it was.

Personally, I preferred the commentary, Crofty and Brundle was a bit more exciting than Brundle and Coulthard, they just bored the tits off me some times. That Natalie Pinkham (I think her name is) is pretty annoying though it has to be said. Saw her interviewing Perez on the F1 show on Friday and it was a bit OTT.

Now to have a good think about my Sepang predictions, the weather will no doubt play a massive part.

Sheiky Baby

Made my predictions beginning of last week :sob:

Was in Berlin over the weekend and only saw the race yesterday :sob:

:sob:

kingantti1874

I can't see it curahee ... the long straights of sepang will hurt rbr IMO ... Never mind the macs, I think they could be looking at qualifying behind the mercs again unless they pull something out of the bag...Saying that anything can happen in sepang... Should be good one

Prince Buaben

I can't see it curahee ... the long straights of sepang will hurt rbr IMO ... Never mind the macs, I think they could be looking at qualifying behind the mercs again unless they pull something out of the bag...Saying that anything can happen in sepang... Should be good one

Depends when the rain appears. Would make qualifying interesting.

I can't either tbh but 3/1 is tempting.

Hopefully it'll be rain on Sunday. :thumbsup:

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Just made my picks for this weeks race now that Practice 1 and 2 are finished. No danger I'll be up at 4am to watch Practice 3.

rossthejambo

Predictions made. See if I can get the podium spot on 2 races in a row :smuggy:

"Raikkonen gets five-place grid penalty because of gearbox change as a result of damage caused by overheating after off-track moment in Oz"

"Raikkonen gets five-place grid penalty because of gearbox change as a result of damage caused by overheating after off-track moment in Oz"

Already got him to finish in 7th and gain the most position....Do I get bonus points?

:verysmug:

rossthejambo

Already got him to finish in 7th and gain the most position....Do I get bonus points?

:verysmug:

:lol: I'm in the process of putting him in as most positions gained as well after hearing this news.

kingantti1874

:lol: I'm in the process of putting him in as most positions gained as well after hearing this news.

wont let me into the predictor to make changes - getting irritated.. anyone else having problems?

The combination of a poor Ferrari and a confidence-deprived Massa is a nightmare - seems like there's no way he'll make Q3.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

The combination of a poor Ferrari and a confidence-deprived Massa is a nightmare - seems like there's no way he'll make Q3.

Didn't put him in top 10 in the predictor.

:greggy:

Archived