Steven Pressley

The Merse

What is it Snakley has achieved that is so brilliant and deserves a top SPL job?

Failed to get promotion last season and his side are miles behind Ross County this season.

Leave the facts alone please Alan and get the maroon tinted spectacles back onthumbsup.gif

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is it Snakley has achieved that is so brilliant and deserves a top SPL job?

Failed to get promotion last season and his side are miles behind Ross County this season.

remarkably unsurprisingly it's got fark all to do with his achievements. some folk on here would like to see him as manager because it might annoy some other folk on here.

and this is the truth that i hereby speaketh.

remarkably unsurprisingly it's got fark all to do with his achievements. some folk on here would like to see him as manager because it might annoy some other folk on here.

and this is the truth that i hereby speaketh.

:Agree:

I cant believe serious Hearts fans would be championing such an unambitious managerial appointment otherwise.

We'd have more coaches than Parks of Hamilton.

Be no more than we have now with Sergio, Locke, the two Portugese fellas & the goalkeeping coach :whistling:

:Agree:

I cant believe serious Hearts fans would be championing such an unambitious managerial appointment otherwise.

yep. it's the same motley rabble that would happily see the club fall into the hands of some penniless walter mitty like pat the plunger, etc.

fantasists.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Drylaw is posting silly pictures because he can't answer my question. :)

The cure might be painful, but at least we have the diagnosis.

Drylaw Hearts

Be no more than we have now with Sergio, Locke, the two Portugese fellas & the goalkeeping coach :whistling:

We've got too many now :(

Why would PS need an assistant and 3 coaches ?

Makes no sense to me - especially when we're skint. We'll also be paying for living expenses for the 3 Portuguese employees.

Mental.

yep. it's the same motley rabble that would happily see the club fall into the hands of some penniless walter mitty like pat the plunger, etc.

fantasists.

TBF, once Vlad sells up, it will be out of the frying pan and in to the fire, Pressley will probably be the level of shit manager we can afford :(

We've got too many now :(

Why would PS need an assistant and 3 coaches ?

Makes no sense to me - especially when we're skint. We'll also be paying for living expenses for the 3 Portuguese employees.

Mental.

may be wrong but is it not 2 assistants he has???

TBF, once Vlad sells up, it will be out of the frying pan and in to the fire, Pressley will probably be the level of shit manager we can afford :(

ironically that could well be true. we may have to descend to the level of the serpent after all. <_<

Drylaw Hearts

Drylaw is posting silly pictures because he can't answer my question. :)

The cure might be painful, but at least we have the diagnosis.

Drylaw is 100% aware Mr Steven Pressley isn't quite ready to take the helm at Hearts yet.

He needs another couple of years cutting his teeth lower down the ranks before he should be considered. However....VR has made several ridiculous managerial appointments in the past so it really wouldn't surprise me.

_41375434_grahamrix203.jpg

Drylaw Hearts

may be wrong but is it not 2 assistants he has???

You could be right.

I'll be honest....

I couldn't even tell you either of the portuguese guys names without googling it.

Just to avoid any confusion, I'm not keen on Pressley being brought in as manager, I just think that's what's going to happen.

He comes back to Hearts it will divide the support and cost the club bigtime-no thanks.

It just wouldn't be right to have the people at the top making decisions that divided the support, would it?

:mellow:

Ignoring the obvious direction of the thread, I do not know why we must continually look at "Hearts men", isn't that what we lampoon Rangers, Celtic and Hibs for?

Ignoring the obvious direction of the thread, I do not know why we must continually look at "Hearts men", isn't that what we lampoon Rangers, Celtic and Hibs for?

:lol: quality effort.

Just as a sideline: SP was up in Fort William for a Youth Cup tie the other week and someone from FWFC asked him who he preferred playing for, Rangers or Celtic? He, without blinking, said Hearts.

Make of that what you will.

"Sometimes you have to make a choice and choose a manager that may not be popular with the supporters but is the correct man for the job and fits the criteria, the strategy of that football club.

And, long-term, you'll get the rewards for choosing the right guy, even though he's not the most popular appointment."

Correct Steven, come home.

:thumbsup:

Ex-Hearts player doing well as manager of Falkirk, gets called to take over at the helm of Hearts at a time when we are struggling to find a suitable long-term manager?...

...Success follows!

Sound familiar?

Just as a sideline: SP was up in Fort William for a Youth Cup tie the other week and someone from FWFC asked him who he preferred playing for, Rangers or Celtic? He, without blinking, said Hearts.

Really starting to think the legend may return. Cheers for info.

William H. Bonney

Pressley can lick my baws.I don't want that rat anywhere near our club.

Get a grip. Some hearts fans are so petty. Elvis was one of the finest captains i've seen at tynecastle. An excellent defender who was treated atrociously by vlad. Yeah, his celebrations were a tad ott but who wouldn't want to stick it to vlad. So many short term memories on this forum.

"Sometimes you have to make a choice and choose a manager that may not be popular with the supporters but is the correct man for the job and fits the criteria, the strategy of that football club.

And, long-term, you'll get the rewards for choosing the right guy, even though he's not the most popular appointment."

Correct Steven, come home.

:thumbsup:

He is talking about Hibs choosing Pat Fenlon and knocking back his application due to his previous connection with Hearts.

Haha honestly, if Pressley ever returns then I'll need to find something to do with my Saturday afternoons.

An absolute welt of a man.

I LIKE STEVEN PRESSLEY.

There I said it. He was a hero back in the day. he soured it a bit but now the dust has settled. I have to say I'm liking him again. He talks alot of sense during his interviews and is doing a decent job at the bairns.

Snake Plissken

Well, given that he enjoyed the best years of his career here, I'd not make a great deal of that.

I find the Pressley hatred amusing although I don't share it, I don't think being an arse once negates eight years of excellent service. But I don't really get where the calls for him taking the manager's job at Tynecastle are coming from, his Falkirk team were relegated (although can't really blame him too much for that one) and haven't truly troubled the top spot in division one since.

Also, we have a manager...

Arthur Morgan

Haha honestly, if Pressley ever returns then I'll need to find something to do with my Saturday afternoons.

An absolute welt of a man.

So what you're saing is that is if we appointed Pressley as manager you wouldn't go to the games anymore?

How sad is that... :down:

Get a grip. Some hearts fans are so petty. Elvis was one of the finest captains i've seen at tynecastle. An excellent defender who was treated atrociously by vlad. Yeah, his celebrations were a tad ott but who wouldn't want to stick it to vlad. So many short term memories on this forum.

What a load of pish.

He wasn't treated atrociously at all and when he returned he acted like a ###### with zero respect for anyone connected with Hearts.

What a load of pish.

He wasn't treated atrociously at all and when he returned he acted like a ###### with zero respect for anyone connected with Hearts.

Pish.

Small minded supporters may have grudged Pressley his joy at sticking it up Romanov, but I didn't.

Was a fantastic leader, & a cup winning Captain.

Pish.

Small minded supporters may have grudged Pressley his joy at sticking it up Romanov, but I didn't.

his cack-handed act of getting it up romanov entailed riding roughshod over the fans. snakeley showed then that he doesn't give a shite about hearts or the fans'. he didn't even care that he ruined his standing with the fans.

hero my arse.

Pish.

:Vlad-Stupid:

ToadKiller Dog

I dont see anything from Elvis at Falkirk that makes me think he is what we need or that he is ready to make the step up , He has Falkirk where they should be at worst top end of DIV 1 , I would say Barry Smith has shown more prospects at Dundee ,what he did last season ,and this season taking a decimated side from an awful start of a season to only 2 points behind falkirk .

Or the work Derek Adams has done at Ross County and didnt do at Hibs is more noticable

I like John McGlynn but Raith will be battling relegation by the look of things .

We have a far better manager in Sergio then elvis at the club ,i dont think Sergio is about to up sticks .

Seriously if anyone was treated badly by Hearts it was John Robertson, now there stands a true legend - has he ever tried to stick it up the club? - NO.

He's a decent manager and if I had to choose between him and Elvis, Robbo would get my vote everytime.

He was at Hearts during the very bleak times, when buckets were getting passed round the shed to keep us afloat, he was there in the good times and put this club back where it belongs - So if anyone was needed to pull us out the brown stuff, show some loyalty and unite the fans - look no further than the wee fat striker !

Amen.

ToadKiller Dog

Pish.

Not doubting he was a great Capt for us during his time with us , You cant ignore or argue that kissing the tic badge and the salute in front of the hearts support is anything but disrespectful to the hearts support who backed and followed him for years. If he was making a point at Romanov he would have pointed to the directors box . He was being an Ass at the time nothing else.

Paul Hartley showed him how to act with class .

I would not be against him one day becoming our manager if he proves himself at Falkirk which he hasnt done yet . But what he did that day will always be a sore point ,I think we would be a hard job for him to be a sucsess because of the past a large section of the support could turn on him quickly if he got off to a bad start.

:Vlad-Stupid:

Do folk post these stupid wee pictures because they are so utterly thick and devoid of any knowledge about hearts or because they genuinely believe they are being funny? As the latter it is not.

I actually cannot believe the vile spouted out against a cup winning captain who served this club so well over the years. Ffs, he was the rock of the best defence I have ever seen in at Hearts, a leader and someone who genuinely cared about us.

What he done when he scored for Celtic was sticking his middle finger up at clad for tarnishing the reputation of this finer club, not to insult the fans. He has said this himself and he even probably regrets it anyways. That does not take away from what he achieved with this club.

I believe he would be a brilliant manager for us. I could tell he would be a good manager just from the way he lead the players on the pitch.

Legend. End if

Do folk post these stupid wee pictures because they are so utterly thick and devoid of any knowledge about hearts or because they genuinely believe they are being funny? As the latter it is not.

I actually cannot believe the vile spouted out against a cup winning captain who served this club so well over the years. Ffs, he was the rock of the best defence I have ever seen in at Hearts, a leader and someone who genuinely cared about us.

What he done when he scored for Celtic was sticking his middle finger up at clad for tarnishing the reputation of this finer club, not to insult the fans. He has said this himself and he even probably regrets it anyways. That does not take away from what he achieved with this club.

I believe he would be a brilliant manager for us. I could tell he would be a good manager just from the way he lead the players on the pitch.

Legend. End if

:sob:

his cack-handed act of getting it up romanov entailed riding roughshod over the fans. snakeley showed then that he doesn't give a shite about hearts or the fans'. he didn't even care that he ruined his standing with the fans.

hero my arse.

Rather ironic from someone who persistently likes to moan about folk overreacting.

Legend. End if

Lots of people reel this one out but I don't remember him ever saying that what he did was a big **** you to Mr Romanov (that's Vlad not clad btw), in fact I've never heard him ever say anything about it other than he enjoys the hostile atmosphere.

Legend. End if

:Vlad-Stupid: :Vlad-Stupid: :Vlad-Stupid: :Vlad-Stupid: :Vlad-Stupid: :Vlad-Stupid: :Vlad-Stupid: :Vlad-Stupid: :Vlad-Stupid:

Legend. End if

All wrong,everything you posted is wrong,he ENGINEERED a move to his beloved celtic don't you know,didn't get sacked like the press would have you think,no,he was one of those successful footballing people types who were killing the club from the inside,it's just a figment of your imagination that he was probably HMFCs best captain of this generation,so stop deluding yourself you weak minded fool.

Archived