Steven Pressley

The Merse

"Sometimes you have to make a choice and choose a manager that may not be popular with the supporters but is the correct man for the job and fits the criteria, the strategy of that football club.

And, long-term, you'll get the rewards for choosing the right guy, even though he's not the most popular appointment."

Correct Steven, come home.

:thumbsup:

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Drylaw Hearts

"Sometimes you have to make a choice and choose a manager that may not be popular with the supporters but is the correct man for the job and fits the criteria, the strategy of that football club.

And, long-term, you'll get the rewards for choosing the right guy, even though he's not the most popular appointment."

Correct Steven, come home.

:thumbsup:

:)

That should save him writing a formal application when Paulo Sergio packs his bags to go home.

I wonder who he'll have as his assistant ?

The Old Tolbooth

That should save him writing a formal application when Paulo Sergio packs his bags to go home.

Billy Brown? :ninja:

Charlie-Brown

Where is that lifted from? Assume it's a Falkirk director saying that?

Pressley seems to be doing a good job with a very young team this season ....... although relations between HMFC and Raith Rovers & East Fifes Managers seem to be stronger than our current relationship with Pressley or Falkirk given we've entrusted 8 of our players to the Fifers already this season.

Captain Lithuania

Paul Hartley. With Colin Cameron as fitness coach. And if he stays in for 5 years Craig Gordon in a Steve Banks role.

Right I've woken up now. What a dream.

And so it begins................ :lol:

After his celebration after scoring for one of the uglies my statement is very true and what he said to the papers was just out of order...

Charlie-Brown

John McGlynn is a manager in his own right and quite well regarded. Iam not sure he would go back to HMFC as anybody's assistant?

The next time there is a managerial vacancy at Tynecastle then it will ultimately depend on who is making or influencing the decision as to whether it might be Pressley or McGlynn or Robbo or whoever gets appointed.

Where is that lifted from? Assume it's a Falkirk director saying that?

Pressley seems to be doing a good job with a very young team this season ....... although relations between HMFC and Raith Rovers & East Fifes Managers seem to be stronger than our current relationship with Pressley or Falkirk given we've entrusted 8 of our players to the Fifers already this season.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15930543.stm

I have a feeling the next appointment will come right out of left field - Darren Murray, U'19's coach being my shout......in January 2012...... :whistling:

As much as Pressley acted like a bit of a tit, I've never really got the whole seethe thing against him.

I'm sure he would make a decent coach at Hearts when the new owners take over the club.

He'll never return under Vald.

oh ah grantona

I have a feeling the next appointment will come right out of left field - Darren Murray, U'19's coach being my shout......in January 2012...... :whistling:

Along with the 31 players out the door yeah

Captain Lithuania

Along with the 31 players out the door yeah

This wouldn't surprise me. Murray knows the players very well. Could be a great appointment. Or another Stevie Fail.

Charlie-Brown

This wouldn't surprise me. Murray knows the players very well. Could be a great appointment. Or another Stevie Fail.

I think it would be highly unlikely Darren Murray would get the job and Gary Locke would be more likely to be given the job of holding the fort on a temporary basis. Also I don't think it would be too difficult to prise Robbo or McGlynn or Pressley away from their SFL clubs.

jamboinglasgow

I think Darren Murray is a fantastic coach, I just dont think he will be the right person for the managers position. Unless we had a strong character in a role above him (in a mentor of DoF role) it could be a Stevie Frail situation all over again. Also in his current role he is providing a crucial role for us.

We need never wait long enough to discover that Paulo Sergio is, in fact, the next Alex Ferguson.

Or that Csaba Laszlo might have been.

Still, in the event of PS going I'd take SP. The "easily offended" brigade would just have to "get over it".

As long as Vlad is around it doesn't really matter; no manager has been given enough time.

Charlie-Brown

There's no point in changing manager before we change owner.

You need to think about that a bit more - there are various factors that could necessitate a new manager - even one on an interim basis.

Drylaw Hearts

There's no point in changing manager before we change owner.

Sergio will leave before VR - what do you suggest we should do during that period ?

jamboinglasgow

Sergio will leave before VR - what do you suggest we should do during that period ?

Fans vote each week on what the team should be, put it at ?5 per minute and boom we solve our wage problems. :whistling:

Drylaw Hearts

Fans vote each week on what the team should be, put it at ?5 per minute and boom we solve our wage problems. :whistling:

I'd do it.

But I think it should be a loyalty points based system where those with 100 or more points get 2 votes.

It's only fair.

jamboinglasgow

I'd do it.

But I think it should be a loyalty points based system where those with 100 or more points get 2 votes.

It's only fair.

Of course, its the only way. Add to that, those with over 140 loyalty points get control the shock collars around certain players, not happy with how they are playing, give them a quick shock. Though the biggest moaners in the crowd each week will be put in the dug out and called manager for the week, they dont control the team but will be the person everyone else gets to moan at when the team doesn't win.

I don't think it makes much difference who sets out the cones in training, to be honest. It's close to the least of our worries at present.

I also don't want to see any potential future manager's reputation damaged by association with the current corrupt and rudderless regime.

Clean slate is what's required. :thumbsup:

This opinion is based on?

Just a gut feeling, thought it was only a matter of time when he got the job at Falkirk and Vlad/the board will only be too aware of what he's doing with youngsters at Falkirk.

Drylaw Hearts

Of course, its the only way. Add to that, those with over 140 loyalty points get control the shock collars around certain players, not happy with how they are playing, give them a quick shock. Though the biggest moaners in the crowd each week will be put in the dug out and called manager for the week, they dont control the team but will be the person everyone else gets to moan at when the team doesn't win.

I qualify for both of these suggestions.

Colin Cameron - Manager

Steven Pressley - assistant manager

Gary Locke - First Team Coach

Robbo - Forwards coach

Niemi/rousset Gk Coach

all adds up to winning champions league :whistling:

Charlie-Brown

Just a gut feeling, thought it was only a matter of time when he got the job at Falkirk and Vlad/the board will only be too aware of what he's doing with youngsters at Falkirk.

True but then John McGlynn and to a lesser extent John Robertson are being entrusted with some of our best young players as well. I think both of them would take the job if offered and might manouvre themselves to achieve that outcome.

Drylaw Hearts

Colin Cameron - Manager

Steven Pressley - assistant manager

Gary Locke - First Team Coach

Robbo - Forwards coach

Niemi/rousset Gk Coach

all adds up to winning champions league :whistling:

We'd have more coaches than Parks of Hamilton.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

What is it Snakley has achieved that is so brilliant and deserves a top SPL job?

Failed to get promotion last season and his side are miles behind Ross County this season.

I'd do it.

It's only fair.

In other words those who pay most money get most votes.

I see where you're coming from but would you agree with that system if it were used in the next General Election ie the more tax and Nat Ins you pay, the more votes you get?

We'd have more coaches than Parks of Hamilton.

i know, was tongue in cheek, but robbo passing on his Knowledge to the strikers, niemi or rousset teaching the keepers, pressley can teach the defence something and cameron the same with the midfield cant be bad imo

Drylaw Hearts

In other words those who pay most money get most votes.

I see where you're coming from but would you agree with that system if it were used in the next General Election ie the more tax and Nat Ins you pay, the more votes you get?

Aye...go for it.

Drylaw Hearts

i know, was tongue in cheek, but robbo passing on his Knowledge to the strikers, niemi or rousset teaching the keepers, pressley can teach the defence something and cameron the same with the midfield cant be bad imo

It is a nice romantic thought but probably a bit impractical.

Archived