Hibs not giving us tickets to sell

Its been a long time baby

Gambo,not trying to start an argument bud,but it looks really bad on our behalf if even those trumpets don't trust us enough to get their money,perhaps they know far more about our lack of cash than we would care to know.

Or they might not be in the position to take a ?100k risk.

Whatever their reasons, FK them.

Anyone seriously out there who still 'pity's' them?

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another story picked up from here or hubz.net.

Same for Celtic away -- applications being handled by them via e mail.

This is a direct result of mismanagement by the club -- however it is sad to see clubs try to keep you down rather than extend a helping hand and show some understanding.

Now these actions really make me want us to hump them both and with luck by 2 of the most hotly disputed goals ever in the last minute.

Different reasons rudi. We (and Hibs) do that to the OF cos IIRC, they wanted to charge us 5 or 10% (can't remember which) of the total ticket sales for them selling the tickets. The Hobos are doing it because they don't think they'll get the cash.

:thumbsup:

As I've said,could be way off here,but perhaps they do know far more about our finances,or lack off,than we care to know.

Deevers,I've seen that lot do loads of things but I'm not that conviced that they're shit stirring,and TBH,it's not something I've come across with them before,but it looks like it's nothing new as someone has already said they do that with the OF as do we.

Petrie has woken up to the fact that if he sticks the knife into Hearts it takes the heat off him.

I only hope that once our situation is resolved, that this snub is remembered and we take the opportunity to work it up them when situation arises.

So much for being neighbourly!

Different reasons rudi. We (and Hibs) do that to the OF cos IIRC, they wanted to charge us 5 or 10% (can't remember which) of the total ticket sales for them selling the tickets. The Hobos are doing it because they don't think they'll get the cash.

You are correct Zico, both clubs decided to do it so as to avoid paying them 5%.

As a matter of interest do you think we would use the ticket money to pay the players?

I don't honestly know.

Where's Wally

If clubs within the SPL aren't giving us however many days credit, then do they no more to what's happening behind the scenes than we (internet posters) do?

What an utter shambles!

Nucky Thompson

As I've said,could be way off here,but perhaps they do know far more about our finances,or lack off,than we care to know.

How the feck will our rivals know more about our finances, I just don't get it :ermm:

Or they might not be in the position to take a ?100k risk.

Whatever their reasons, FK them.

Anyone seriously out there who still 'pity's' them?

Would you?

Oh and I don't pity them,but if they don't trust us enough to get their cash it looks pretty bad on us.

Fermit the Krog

I'd expect no less from them.

Years and years of being destroyed where it matters lead them to try and point score on things off the field.

It's things like this that make me smile inside.

Did we do similar a few years back when they were in dire straits financially?

No? Why?

Exactly.

**** them (and we will).

You are correct Zico, both clubs decided to do it so as to avoid paying them 5%.

As a matter of interest do you think we would use the ticket money to pay the players?

I don't honestly know.

No. I think the Hobos are playing silly buggers, which maybe says more about their current financial position (decreasing crowds, increasing debt, paying off CC etc) than ours. While we clearly have cash-flow problems, we would get in all sorts of bother with the SPL/SFA if we didn't pay fellow clubs their dues (see the Huns thread for more details). The two teams are usually reluctant to p!ss each other about with the derbies so I'm pretty surprised they're doing this.

Although I'm clearly a Hobo so what do I know! :rolleyes:

The amount of people completely missing the point is staggering.

Massive blinkers.

If the tables were turned. Hibs weren't paying their staff, openly admitting they had cash flow problems, had a history of late and non payments, I would expect us to do the same!

We would be delighted about it on here and laud it up.

Fermit the Krog

Hibs know fine well what they are doing.

If they thought there was a serious risk of not being paid the money they would rather give us the tickets and let us hang ourselves.

No, they are choosing to highlight our problems not because of fear of not being given the ticket money, but as a cheap shot aimed to play up to the brain dead followers of Hibernian FC (and a few on here it seems).

winston churchill

The wee team are not daft.They know that if hearts sold the tickets they may not get their cash.

It seems that it's only the dafties on here who still live in lala land and can't see we are fecked.

I'd expect no less from them.

Years and years of being destroyed where it matters lead them to try and point score on things off the field.

It's things like this that make me smile inside.

Did we do similar a few years back when they were in dire straits financially?

No? Why?

Exactly.

**** them (and we will).

This, 100 x this! :thumb:

Football debts are secured by the football authorities, so they would have been guaranteed their money.

So it's nothing to do with concerns over money - just petty point scoring.

The Tash will happily use this to divert attention away from Hibs own problems. Their fans will be lapping it up, without having the brains to realise that their own Club has just taken on all the extra work, hassle, and expense of dealing with this, for no return.

Petty little wee team mentality.

Fermit the Krog

The Tash will happily use this to divert attention away from Hibs own problems. Their fans will be lapping it up, without having the brains to realise that their own Club has just taken on all the extra work, hassle, and expense of dealing with this, for no return.

:Agree:

This, 100 x this! :thumb:

Did they do this when Rangers were in town? No! Anyway, football debts are secured by the football authorities, so they would have been guaranteed their money.

thinking the Tash may be trying to hide some cashflow problems down fester road, they have 2 games at home in the next month and a bit, so the idea of ensuring ?100k is going straight into their bank and not waiting a few days for Hearts to transfer the funds over

I wonder how much the very bitter Billy Brown has been nipping away at Petries ear? (i dont think BB as JJs teaboy was privvy to VRs finances). Sticking the knife in after his Alan Sugar styled firing from us......JJ new job offer, Bb you're fired and GL under review, hahaha.

How *** funny that RP has now given him a massive slap in the chops as well by appointing Fenlol.

Hibs know fine well what they are doing.

If they thought there was a serious risk of not being paid the money they would rather give us the tickets and let us hang ourselves.

No, they are choosing to highlight our problems not because of fear of not being given the ticket money, but as a cheap shot aimed to play up to the brain dead followers of Hibernian FC (and a few on here it seems).

Exactly MH. If they genuinely thought they wouldn't get the money, they'd give us the rope to string ourselves up. If we didn't pay them what we owed for tickets, we'd be completely donald ducked. And as you say about cheap shots, it seems like Petrie is doing what he did at their AGM and deflecting blame for his own shortcomings, onto us.

P.S. That doesn't mean I'm oblivious to our obvious cash-flow problems but other clubs would, I expect, rank fairly highly among creditors we'd pay first (along with HMRC). Why? Because they can easily stop us operating. Unfortunately for them, the players are less important (see the earlier quotes from Hearts about us making payments elsewhere to fulfil fixtures, ahead of us paying the players).

Fermit the Krog

P.S. That doesn't mean I'm oblivious to our obvious cash-flow problems but other clubs would, I expect, rank fairly highly among creditors we'd pay first (along with HMRC). Why? Because they can easily stop us operating. Unfortunately for them, the players are less important (see the earlier quotes from Hearts about us making payments elsewhere to fulfil fixtures, ahead of us paying the players).

Agreed.

Alwaysinourshadows

Hibs hate us more than ever just now because we embarrass them everytime we play them and also hibs have been greeting about the council helping us with a new stadium, this is just them being bitter c****

Exactly MH. If they genuinely thought they wouldn't get the money, they'd give us the rope to string ourselves up. If we didn't pay them what we owed for tickets, we'd be completely donald ducked. And as you say about cheap shots, it seems like Petrie is doing what he did at their AGM and deflecting blame for his own shortcomings, onto us.

Hope it is all points scoring,but we have previous in this department,pretty sure Dunfermline were taking us to court over unpaid ticket money 3-4 years back.

Anyway regardless,we'll pump three colours of shite out off them come January the second.

Nucky Thompson

Jeez, quite a few eggs on faces at the start of this thread, op deserves a few apologies i recon <_<

Hibs have not confirmed they are doing this. Petrie refused to comment and the media are only printing stories from here. For all you know the media could have picked up on the OP's story

If this story is true it would suggest to me that our neighbours may be in a bit if a sticky financial position themselves.

Why are they so desperate to get the money ASAP? They know they would get it, the SFA would take the money from what Hearts are entitled to for their league finish as they threatened to do with the wages.

It's either shit stirring by the press or Hibs are having cash worries, which given the 8k crowds wouldn't be a huge shock.

I am putting it down to the good old press, don't let the truth get in the way of a good story reporting!!

If this story is true it would suggest to me that our neighbours may be in a bit if a sticky financial position themselves.

Why are they so desperate to get the money ASAP? They know they would get it, the SFA would take the money from what Hearts are entitled to for their league finish as they threatened to do with the wages.

It's either shit stirring by the press or Hibs are having cash worries, which given the 8k crowds wouldn't be a huge shock.

I am putting it down to the good old press, don't let the truth get in the way of a good story reporting!!

the bit on the BBC is only BBC Scotland has learned, so they can read a thread on here and make a story out of it. (at this time anyway)

who the fark cares what the reason is for those rippers doing anything?

i mean... other than trying to score points over strangers over the internet likes.

I couldn't give a monkeys if I have to buy a ticket from hibs, hearts or some dodgy ticket site . Come jan 2nd when we do them over AGAIN that will be the last thing I think about

I couldn't give a monkeys if I have to buy a ticket from hibs, hearts or some dodgy ticket site . Come jan 2nd when we do them over AGAIN that will be the last thing I think about

Just do the same to them and cut their section at tynie. They get their money selling directly or not so this is nothing but petty point scoring for the tashed gimp to make himself popular with the scum

The Old Tolbooth

Like Gasman says, the football debts are covered by the football authorities and this is simply point scoring at it's very worst, at least there's a valid reason why clubs sell tickets direct to Old Firm fans, Hibs are just bitter and twisted when it comes to everything Hearts these days.

Personally, I think it smacks of complete desperation because Petrie knows that the Hibs fans are against him big time, he's just posted big losses on their beloved accounts, next years accounts are set to be even worse by all accords, his side haven't won a derby match for the best part of 3 years, they've went through joker manager after joker manager, there's nothing left on their junior conveyor belt for selling and nothing coming through, and he's just appointed another complete nobody who only has a track record in the League of Ireland with the mighty Bohemians, and the next muppet at the helm has a track record of over spending at his last club and almost bankrupting them, which is the only reason they had any success in Ireland in the first place.

Petrie is backed well and truly into a corner and he sees Hibs not selling tickets directly to Hearts as a way of getting some of the Dingles back on board, and what makes it even funnier is that they're swallowing it hook, line, and sinker!

:pleasing:

Better call Saul

Like Gasman says, the football debts are covered by the football authorities and this is simply point scoring at it's very worst, at least there's a valid reason why clubs sell tickets direct to Old Firm fans, Hibs are just bitter and twisted when it comes to everything Hearts these days.

Personally, I think it smacks of complete desperation because Petrie knows that the Hibs fans are against him big time, he's just posted big losses on their beloved accounts, next years accounts are set to be even worse by all accords, his side haven't won a derby match for the best part of 3 years, they've went through joker manager after joker manager, there's nothing left on their junior conveyor belt for selling and nothing coming through, and he's just appointed another complete nobody who only has a track record in the League of Ireland with the mighty Bohemians, and the next muppet at the helm has a track record of over spending at his last club and almost bankrupting them, which is the only reason they had any success in Ireland in the first place.

Petrie is backed well and truly into a corner and he sees Hibs not selling tickets directly to Hearts as a way of getting some of the Dingles back on board, and what makes it even funnier is that they're swallowing it hook, line, and sinker!

good point John :thumbsup:

Nucky Thompson

Couldn't put it better myself John. Good post

Well said John. FK the Hibs and all who sail up her erse!

They've no money . Debts that are 5.7 million in the form of a mortgage, but no working capital.

That's why they' want to keep the money, they have to find money for BB settlement, trust me they need the money

Nucky Thompson

They've no money . Debts that are 5.7 million in the form of a mortgage, but no working capital.

That's why they' want to keep the money, they have to find money for BB settlement, trust me they need the money

We know, but it is easier to kick us when we're down. There is more chance of them going bust before us

Guest C00l K1d

Well that's put all the YOOR A HOBO brigade in their place.

:lol:

Brilliant.

I welcome this news. Hopefully less sweetie rustlers and more crazy cats attend. :smuggy:

The more of the UJ brigade the better I say.

There's clues to the predicament of Hibs scattered all over the web if anyone cares to look.

Fenlon cost nothing, Mccall wouldn't have - The interest was dropped smartish.

There's clues to the predicament of Hibs scattered all over the web if anyone cares to look.

Fenlon cost nothing, Mccall wouldn't have - The interest was dropped smartish.

Yes but their owner has not threatened to pull the funding. No doubt the farmer would bail them out if it came to that, for the same reasons Vlad will not allow Hearts to go under, because he has a lot invested in them. Maybe their finances are sinking but lets not get excited.

I wish ppl would stop sticking their heads in the sand on this. We are messed and the sooner we all unite against the poor decisions and cavalier attitude of VR the better.

Lets face it, we have a poor record when it comes to paying on time and we are now reaping the rewards of that. Tbf Hibs are quite within they're rights to do this, though there may be more to it, it's certainly a headline grabber.

Yes but their owner has not threatened to pull the funding. No doubt the farmer would bail them out if it came to that, for the same reasons Vlad will not allow Hearts to go under, because he has a lot invested in them. Maybe their finances are sinking but lets not get excited.

I wish ppl would stop sticking their heads in the sand on this. We are messed and the sooner we all unite against the poor decisions and cavalier attitude of VR the better.

Lets face it, we have a poor record when it comes to paying on time and we are now reaping the rewards of that. Tbf Hibs are quite within they're rights to do this, though there may be more to it, it's certainly a headline grabber.

No doubt that Farmer would step in if their future was threatened, it's why he got involved in the first place. But Hibs are a stand alone business which Farmer merely overseas, he is not the benefactor that Vlad/UBIG is.

Hibs forecasts for this season are woefully short and cash flow at this point in the season is an issue for most spl clubs at this point in the season.

Hearts just need to get to January.

No doubt that Farmer would step in if their future was threatened, it's why he got involved in the first place. But Hibs are a stand alone business which Farmer merely overseas, he is not the benefactor that Vlad/UBIG is.

Hibs forecasts for this season are woefully short and cash flow at this point in the season is an issue for most spl clubs at this point in the season.

Hearts just need to get to January.

Aye in January we will offload players, hopefully get transfer fees and lighten the wage bill but the debt remains...

I don't think there finacial position has anything to do with this move. Granted they are in debt too, but they just paid Calderwood a decent pay off when he was sacked. From a neutral point of view, Hibs have made a sound business move, considering some of our players have not been paid again.

Aye in January we will offload players, hopefully get transfer fees and lighten the wage bill but the debt remains...

Debts can be re-structured, re-financed, laid off, sold. Some are missing the option, as opposed to selling Tynecastle or selling Hearts as a going concern, that the debt can be sold also.

If Vlad does need liquid cash pronto it's the quickest option - there are buyers waiting in every finance house in the country.

Cash flow and salary ratios to turnover is the short term problem. Let's deal with that first.

Disser Pointon
I don't think there finacial position has anything to do with this move. Granted they are in debt too, but they just paid Calderwood a decent pay off when he was sacked. From a neutral point of view, Hibs have made a sound business move, considering some of our players have not been paid again.

As far as I am aware Calderwood didn't receive a pay off he was still on paid garden leave up until he took the position at Birmingham at which point the need for compo was negated.

As far as I am aware Calderwood didn't receive a pay off he was still on paid garden leave up until he took the position at Birmingham at which point the need for compo was negated.

Absolutely - sacked might be what the media were told, but that wasn't the case. The Birmingham gig never went away from the summer.

The Old Tolbooth

Why is it a sound business move when there is absolutely no chance of Hibs not getting their ticket money?

Why is it a sound business move when there is absolutely no chance of Hibs not getting their ticket money?

I know i'm new, but do you mind if I ask if the payments to Hibs are covered by an insurance policy, or if the SPL have a liablity?

It's not something i'm aware of, thanks.

Archived