Hibs not giving us tickets to sell

Its been a long time baby

Why is it a sound business move when there is absolutely no chance of Hibs not getting their ticket money?

Well its a sound business move, because they are 100% gaurenteed to get the ticket money selling them through there own ticket office. I think if we sold them, Hibs would get there money, but I do think it would be delayed and they would be chasing it up. As a fan, I do not believe all the crap that is written in the papers about our finances, but we do have problems right now.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Doctor FinnBarr

With Hibs having Sir Tom Farmer at the very top i can't ever see financial trouble for our City rivals.

WHAT?

:lol:

Stupid Sexy Flanders

If this is true, are Hibs going to sell them in stages, eg season ticket holders first, or will it just be a free for all?

Why is it a sound business move when there is absolutely no chance of Hibs not getting their ticket money?

Did Dunfermiline not have to contact the SFA to get paid a couple of years ago John? ?50k I if I recall correctly.

We dont even know if this story about the tickets is factual or not but what we do know is that we have not paid our players .... again! HMRC have been chasing us for payments....again! We can spin it whatever way we want but there is nothing good or positive about our finacial situation.

Other than the young players may get a shot earlier than expected and I would be quite happy to go to leith with our u-19s and am still confident they would freeze with fear at the sight of a maroon jersey.

I wonder how much the very bitter Billy Brown has been nipping away at Petries ear? (i dont think BB as JJs teaboy was privvy to VRs finances). Sticking the knife in after his Alan Sugar styled firing from us......JJ new job offer, Bb you're fired and GL under review, hahaha.

How *** funny that RP has now given him a massive slap in the chops as well by appointing Fenlol.

Can we just nip "fenlol" in the bud right now please. :cornette:

The Old Tolbooth

I know i'm new, but do you mind if I ask if the payments to Hibs are covered by an insurance policy, or if the SPL have a liablity?

It's not something i'm aware of, thanks.

The football authorities cover any lack of payment by a club to another club regarding ticket money mate, therefore there is no real reason that Hibs are doing this other than sour grapes.

Well its a sound business move, because they are 100% gaurenteed to get the ticket money selling them through there own ticket office. I think if we sold them, Hibs would get there money, but I do think it would be delayed and they would be chasing it up. As a fan, I do not believe all the crap that is written in the papers about our finances, but we do have problems right now.

There's no doubting we have problems, but Hibs also have problems, their money is owed to RBS which is a damn site more worrying for them than who our debt is owed to, but they would definitely get their ticket money (see above post) and then we would be billed by the authorities.

Did Dunfermiline not have to contact the SFA to get paid a couple of years ago John? ?50k I if I recall correctly.

We dont even know if this story about the tickets is factual or not but what we do know is that we have not paid our players .... again! HMRC have been chasing us for payments....again! We can spin it whatever way we want but there is nothing good or positive about our finacial situation.

Other than the young players may get a shot earlier than expected and I would be quite happy to go to leith with our u-19s and am still confident they would freeze with fear at the sight of a maroon jersey.

I think you're correct with the ?50k audrey, I can't remember why it wasn't paid but seem to recall Dunfermline having to claim the ticket money back for some reason. As for HMRC, I believe we're now up to date with them, which is why the players haven't been paid, and I completely agree with your U19 comment :D

With Hibs having Sir Tom Farmer at the very top i can't ever see financial trouble for our City rivals.

Sad but true.

Lets look at 4 things that differentiate between the clubs.

Stadium and training complex - Hate to say it, but Hibs have them both. Team on the pitch - neither currently has that. As for the financial side, Hibs are on a pretty solid footing and are a far more attractive club for any outside investor.

It'll be a worry if they do get a manager who sorts out the playing side.

On the Dunfermline thing was it not due to Dunfermline expecting the money within 30 days from the tie but Hearts run with a 45 day payment policy, I'm not 100% sure but I do remember it was over something stupid like that but that flump Yorkston doesn't need a second invitation to get his name in the press

RoussetsShorts

Sad but true.

Stadium and training complex - Hate to say it, but Hibs have them both. Team on the pitch - neither currently has that. As for the financial side, Hibs are on a pretty solid footing and are a far more attractive club for any outside investor.

Lets put this stadium pish to bed. Hearts have a perfectly good stadium that is equally as capable of hosting a football match as fester is. The only difference is Hearts don't have 10000 empty seats at games.

Hibs are not on a solid footing, they are losing cash hand over fist but don't let the facts blind you. If they keep going as they are now they will hit 10 million debts in 3 years. Hardly an attractive buy.

Their training ground is no better than Riccarton and what difference does it make anyway, look at Motherwell.

In short both Edinburgh clubs need to stop haemorriging cash and trim their squads but only one has an astounding derby record and hasn't lost a derby in about 3 years.

Lastly, I hope they sell us tickets direct and are hit with huge demand thus the tache decides to give us 1000 seats in their new beast stand that has the magic partition in the middle, now that would be brilliant.

:phreemunney:

Prince Buaben

Sad but true.

Making a loss year on year and ony evening it up by selling a golden goose but not reinvesting, Now the conveyor belt has stopped and half a half empty stadium every week, Its hardly solid. Hibs are in a situation where they they are going to have to spend a fair amount of cash to get the punters back and make that stand profitable.

Hardly solid

Lets put this stadium pish to bed. Hearts have a perfectly good stadium that is equally as capable of hosting a football match as fester is. The only difference is Hearts don't have 10000 empty seats at games.

Hibs are not on a solid footing, they are losing cash hand over fist but don't let the facts blind you. If they keep going as they are now they will hit 10 million debts in 3 years. Hardly an attractive buy.

Their training ground is no better than Riccarton and what difference does it make anyway, look at Motherwell.

In short both Edinburgh clubs need to stop haemorriging cash and trim their squads but only one has an astounding derby record and hasn't lost a derby in about 3 years.

Lastly, I hope they sell us tickets direct and are hit with huge demand thus the tache decides to give us 1000 seats in their new beast stand that has the magic partition in the middle, now that would be brilliant.

They own it and it's on prime real estate,oh and only to be ?10m in debt,can't remember the last time we were anywhere near that figure.

If the truth be known,not that anyone would,hubs are a far more attractive club for a takeover,ground already in place,they OWN their academy and they are still in the SPL without a huge wage bill,like it or not they are on a far better financial footing than we are right now,thats about all mind you,their team is pisher than ours.

Geoff Kilpatrick

They own it and it's on prime real estate,oh and only to be ?10m in debt,can't remember the last time we were anywhere near that figure.

If the truth be known,not that anyone would,hubs are a far more attractive club for a takeover,ground already in place,they OWN their academy and they are still in the SPL without a huge wage bill,like it or not they are on a far better financial footing than we are right now,thats about all mind you,their team is pisher than ours.

On a farm in East Lothian?

:Vlad-Stupid:

On a farm in East Lothian?

:Vlad-Stupid:

Its' close to a farm I give you that,you could say that about most places in East Lothian,but in a few years to come that bit of land will be worth a bundle where it's situated,that area is growing every year,TBH I was actually surprised they got it.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Its' close to a farm I give you that,you could say that about most places in East Lothian,but in a few years to come that bit of land will be worth a bundle where it's situated,that area is growing every year,TBH I was actually surprised they got it.

Uh huh!

How many years is a few years? There's about to be an even bigger economic shitstorm than 2008 and this will be prime real estate?

Ok then.

Uh huh!

How many years is a few years? There's about to be an even bigger economic shitstorm than 2008 and this will be prime real estate?

Ok then.

Aye very good GK,you require your daily dose of arguments,all good coming from someone in Oz,you'll know that houses are going up in quite a quick rate in East Lothian,so you will,infact you know soooooooooooooooo much,I'm staggered that the world can function without your say so.

Anyway,tell me again,what part of Riccarton do we actually own?

Geoff Kilpatrick

Aye very good GK,you require your daily dose of arguments,all good coming from someone in Oz,you'll know that houses are going up in quite a quick rate in East Lothian,so you will,infact you know soooooooooooooooo much,I'm staggered that the world can function without your say so.

Anyway,tell me again,what part of Riccarton do we actually own?

:laugh: Start the ad-hominem attacks when you're struggling.

And what's your point about owning Riccarton got to do with anything? Are you trying to say that the vermin's barn is an appreciating asset?

If this is true, are Hibs going to sell them in stages, eg season ticket holders first, or will it just be a free for all?

If it does turn out to be true, it will be one big free for all, as the Data Protection Act (so far as I understand it) will prevent Hearts from giving Hibs our details. :unsure:

RoussetsShorts

can you explain how being 5 million in debt, losing minimum 1 million a year and losing 2000 fans a season is an attractive proposition?

It's true. Just had an email from the federation confirming it. We've to apply by Sunday night to them. Official announcement on Monday.

can you explain how being 5 million in debt, losing minimum 1 million a year and losing 2000 fans a season is an attractive proposition?

No football club is as they all lose a lot of money and until that is addressed I cant see why anyone in their right mind would want to own a football club. Sensible and succesful business people like Vladimir Romanov, Eddie Thomson, Stewart Milne, David Murray, John Boyle, Brookes Mileson, Tom Farmer, and even Chris Robinson have all tried and failed to make a go of an SPL club. There are probably many others and most of these guys are/were seriously wealthy men. There have been those that have been successful I suppose but, other than Fergus McCann, I cant think of any.

Tells you everything you need to know about the SPL that in some cases it has almost broke them mentally, financially and physically.

See I don't believe Hearts fans would want them to go bust, why would we?

It is surprising and perhaps a little disappointing how many of them would be happy to see us go bust, but then when you acknowledge, as so many of them do on that thread whether explicitly or tacitly, that they will always be second best while we exist, I suppose you can understand!

The bitterness on that thread is tangible.

I love that we've done that to them!

We have a perfectly good stadium you say, really?

We have them beaten on honours, fans and tradition but we do not have them beat on the stadium front.

Wheatfield is better than their East but they have outscored us on the other three stands.

Our main stand is a disgrace and if a rescue act saves us and Tynecastle then it has to be replaced.

kennyblack'sshot

There's a simple comeback to this - we just do exactly the same next derby at Tynecastle. And, as we'll have their details, we can send each individual Hibs fan a bill if they break their seat, which they seem to enjoy doing.

In respect of data protection hibs have no right to have our details where as Hearts have, likes when we buy our tickets through the club. So if Hibs want any info from Hearts on fans buying tickets, they must contact the data protection act for permission, so we can tell them nowt. Just like when we hand our cash for gods in a shop, the shop has no right to our details so why should the vermin.

In respect of data protection hibs have no right to have our details where as Hearts have, likes when we buy our tickets through the club. So if Hibs want any info from Hearts on fans buying tickets, they must contact the data protection act for permission, so we can tell them nowt. Just like when we hand our cash for gods in a shop, the shop has no right to our details so why should the vermin.

If you fill in a form and submit it for the tickets, then you will have given them your name and address. Either cheque or credit / debit card number will have to been enclosed and then the tickets will be mailed out to you.

I can't see it being a q with people handing over cash.

If you fill in a form and submit it for the tickets, then you will have given them your name and address. Either cheque or credit / debit card number will have to been enclosed and then the tickets will be mailed out to you.

I can't see it being a q with people handing over cash.

It's true. Just had an email from the federation confirming it. We've to apply by Sunday night to them. Official announcement on Monday.

no, all applications are direct to hibs.

no, all applications are direct to hibs.

Yep, we must inform Fed who our convenor is by Sunday. Only supporters clubs affiliated can apply as a group.

Yep, we must inform Fed who our convenor is by Sunday. Only supporters clubs affiliated can apply as a group.

Good on the fed getting first dibs

Grudge giving the c@@nt a penny,but as usual,will cause enough damage to the shithole to cover ticket price,always a sink or a toilet that can be trashed without getting noticed,some might say its pathetic,but makes me feel so much better about handing over money to those losers.

Grudge giving the c@@nt a penny,but as usual,will cause enough damage to the shithole to cover ticket price,always a sink or a toilet that can be trashed without getting noticed,some might say its pathetic,but makes me feel so much better about handing over money to those losers.

well done you :ninja:

Hearts pay the fine

Hearts pay the fine

Not sure your right on that,but if they are selling the tickets direct,Hearts cant be held responsible.

Just to add to this discussion

Hearts cannot own Riccarton as it's on unversity property. The laws of the land prevent this !!!!

Just in from the boozer but hopefully it adds to this discussion

Might not happen this time but I seriously can see them giving us the away side of the West in the future.

Years ago we used to get the South Wing stand.

Jambof3tornado

Is this still being discussed? This hasn't been confirmed, has it?

Not confirmed,and a potential headache for those like me that don't live in Edinburgh!

Why have loyalty points to end up missing out on a derby in years.

Hearts need to think of the loyal fans and do something about this,if it happens!

All roads lead to Gorgie

Might not happen this time but I seriously can see them giving us the away side of the West in the future.

Years ago we used to get the South Wing stand.

I hope they will again as it was always a good vantage point to watch thousands of Jambos in the Dunbar end celebrating another Robbo goal :thumbsup:

Not confirmed,and a potential headache for those like me that don't live in Edinburgh!

Why have loyalty points to end up missing out on a derby in years.

Hearts need to think of the loyal fans and do something about this,if it happens!

it's already happening with the celtic game

and if this does happen with hibs game, it is hearts fault.

1st they sh it on the players, then they sh it on the fans.

Archived