Hibs not giving us tickets to sell

Its been a long time baby

Can't access Hearts site at work but is it ?6 delivery charge per ticket or per total application

?6 for every ticket is the way I'm reading it,pretty standard regardless what it's for mefriad.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Come on Geoff, the clubs have taken this action having contacted HMFC and asking them for a guarantee that if tickets are sent to Hearts in the normal manner they will receive payment in the normal time scale, and HMFC are refusing to give them that guarantee.

For anyone that hasn't as yet looked at the pricing for Parkhead an adult ticket, given you will have to apply for it direct to Celtic now could end up costing you ?29 + ?1.50 booking fee + ?5.20 special delivery, a total cost of ?35.70.

This all emanates from HMFC failure to pay a basic cost on time over the last couple of months, namely the player's salaries. If the club cannot or will not pay their own employees on time how can third parties expect payment on time, especially when HMFC are refusing to guarantee payment.

Meanwhile the fans have to pay through the nose as a result, and trust in the postal service getting tickets delivered correctly and on time at a traditionally busy time for the postal service.

This has got nothing to do with Hibs or Celtic changing their policy for selling tickets to visiting fans, and all to do with HMFC refusing to give them guarantees. I suspect other clubs could follow suit.

what sort of guarantee do you think they would be looking for,verbal or an up front cheque to cover the whole amount?

anyway I would have thought that the paultry amount of money Hearts would be due Celtic is pretty much insignificant in the wider scheme of things

This all adds up to one simple thing:

Hibs are infact having money troubles themselves

:thumbsup:

Having just shelled out ?30 at the weekend for Parkhead, it now looks like I'll be doing similar again this week too.

:vrface:

ToadKiller Dog

Is going to be a difficult choice ,Could be a sore month for my dec/Jan pay packet , Xmas shopping , away tips to Aberdeen ,Hibs and Inverness within that time period ,plus home games v the Midden and the cup game . May have to miss out one of the away games , Hibs seems the most hassle but dont want to miss a derby , the Inverness trip is alawys a good day out .Midweek games often have a better atmosphere and i think the dons game might be a good one .

Is going to be a difficult choice ,Could be a sore month for my dec/Jan pay packet , Xmas shopping , away tips to Aberdeen ,Hibs and Inverness within that time period ,plus home games v the Midden and the cup game . May have to miss out one of the away games , Hibs seems the most hassle but dont want to miss a derby , the Inverness trip is alawys a good day out .Midweek games often have a better atmosphere and i think the dons game might be a good one .

:thumbsup:

Prince Buaben

Having just shelled out ?30 at the weekend for Parkhead, it now looks like I'll be doing similar again this week too.

:vrface:

Just decided against parkhead as i couldnt afford them both today :(

Not confirmed,and a potential headache for those like me that don't live in Edinburgh!

Why have loyalty points to end up missing out on a derby in years.

Hearts need to think of the loyal fans and do something about this,if it happens!

It's like Spurs all over again.

They were never going to just sell them over the counter, there was always going to be some sort of system in place so that the regulars got first dibs.

this would never happen, but we should organise a mass boycott where no Hearts fans at all go to the game.

Wouldn't help the team much obviously but think of Petrie's face at the idea of losing out on so much revenue!! :pleasing:

I for one am definately not going now, won't be stumping up extra ?5.60 for special delivery. We should boycott the match as much as it would pain me to see the Hearts end empty but feck them instead of them making ?90k off Hearts fans they can go and get stuffed. feckin pissed off big style.:angry:

Utterly chronic idea.

If there was a mass boycott organised, I'd still go.

Hibs away is the best fixture of the season.

portobellojambo1

what sort of guarantee do you think they would be looking for,verbal or an up front cheque to cover the whole amount?

anyway I would have thought that the paultry amount of money Hearts would be due Celtic is pretty much insignificant in the wider scheme of things

My understanding is all they were asking for was written confirmation that the money would be paid in the normal timescales, and HMFC were unwilling to meet this requirement. I know and understand that people will try and deflect blame onto Hibs and Celtic for this, but at the end of the day if HMFC cannot give either club such a simple guarantee then the situation we now see is what ends up happening.

There is an added danger that with either game if you don't pay the special delivery charge and order in bulk you then have the worry of not just one ticket getting lost in the post but other people's tickets as well.

All it needed was for Hearts to write to the clubs and let them know they would be paid on time and these arrangements wouldn't have been put in place.

stirlingshirejambo

?6 for every ticket is the way I'm reading it,pretty standard regardless what it's for mefriad.

Just e mailed Hibs and got an immediate response.

The fee is per application so for 3 tickets I will require works out @?2 each which while not ideal is slightly less painful

My understanding is all they were asking for was written confirmation that the money would be paid in the normal timescales, and HMFC were unwilling to meet this requirement. I know and understand that people will try and deflect blame onto Hibs and Celtic for this, but at the end of the day if HMFC cannot give either club such a simple guarantee then the situation we now see is what ends up happening.

There is an added danger that with either game if you don't pay the special delivery charge and order in bulk you then have the worry of not just one ticket getting lost in the post but other people's tickets as well.

All it needed was for Hearts to write to the clubs and let them know they would be paid on time and these arrangements wouldn't have been put in place.

cheers for the clarity mate

obviously dont understand why we never game tmem this as we could always have renaged later anyway

They are asking for your card details plus the 3 digit security number on the back of the card is that no a bit of a worry sending all they details by post then have them sitting about some hobo office for any cant to help themselves too !

yep - that's ridiculous and even more of a concern than the price.

Is it even legal to insist on that form of payment? I'm talking from a fraud-prevention standpoint here. I can't imagine any other business being allowed to get away with a "just write down your card details and we'll get back to you" approach - Scam! :seething:

Come on Geoff, the clubs have taken this action having contacted HMFC and asking them for a guarantee that if tickets are sent to Hearts in the normal manner they will receive payment in the normal time scale, and HMFC are refusing to give them that guarantee.

For anyone that hasn't as yet looked at the pricing for Parkhead an adult ticket, given you will have to apply for it direct to Celtic now could end up costing you ?29 + ?1.50 booking fee + ?5.20 special delivery, a total cost of ?35.70.

This all emanates from HMFC failure to pay a basic cost on time over the last couple of months, namely the player's salaries. If the club cannot or will not pay their own employees on time how can third parties expect payment on time, especially when HMFC are refusing to guarantee payment.

Meanwhile the fans have to pay through the nose as a result, and trust in the postal service getting tickets delivered correctly and on time at a traditionally busy time for the postal service.

This has got nothing to do with Hibs or Celtic changing their policy for selling tickets to visiting fans, and all to do with HMFC refusing to give them guarantees. I suspect other clubs could follow suit.

Nail on the head. :thumbsup: We cant guarantee payment for the tickets in the normal way so the fans have to suffer the inconvenience and actual increase in cost for a ticket. Pretty embarrasing TBH :down:

So you 100% cannot collect the ticket and have to pay the delivery charge?

A farce if you ask me. I live in Newhaven and basically have to pay 6 quid to get the ticket sent a few miles across town. Bit excessive if you ask me.

I take it for league games that the home club now keeps 100% of the gate receipts? I always thought the away team got a percentage of the overall thing, but maybe that's only in the cup.

Hopefully we get a good turn out regardless both at CP and Easter Road. The only issue I have with the whole thing is that if your not on email you may in some way be disadvantaged - especially for Celtic. Surely that's not fair. Oh and the admin fee, it would save them effort having ticket pick ups from the ticket office. Take the card you paid with down - sorted.

im 2 loyalty points off does this mean i will have to wait until the second phase to download the application and send it?

Just send it in, i'm sure Hibs will simply cross-reference your application with the Hearts database to check and confirm you're loyalty points total, and will then group the applications i.e phase 1, 2 and 3 until the specific date required to send out your ticket(s).

It will go to general sale before we sell-out anyway imo.

Fxxx the SPFL

It's like Spurs all over again.

They were never going to just sell them over the counter, there was always going to be some sort of system in place so that the regulars got first dibs.

Utterly chronic idea.

If there was a mass boycott organised, I'd still go.

Hibs away is the best fixture of the season.

But if there was a mass boycott you would be the only one with your shoe in the air.:thumbsup:

Fxxx the SPFL

yep - that's ridiculous and even more of a concern than the price.

Is it even legal to insist on that form of payment? I'm talking from a fraud-prevention standpoint here. I can't imagine any other business being allowed to get away with a "just write down your card details and we'll get back to you" approach - Scam! :seething:

Your details will be used to charge you for a half season ticket at fester road :yucky:

Jambof3tornado

Your details will be used to charge you for a half season ticket at fester road :yucky:

I heard they were giving away a half season ticket with every ticket we buy!!!

I am going to give mine to a homeless tramp that lives in alloa,got a feeling he may refuse to take it though!!

CavySlaveJambo

filled and sent back with additional info (I do not want to almost fall down the stairs at easter road)

Archived