So ?50 million we are worth apparently

Dalstonjambo

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Snake Plissken

This is basic business negotiation at work.

Vlad demands a huge price for the club, a buyer offers considerably less and they haggle until they meet in the middle.

The middle is where Vlad wanted to be all along.

That's why he's rich.

I love whenever Vlad says something ridiculous he is just being a wind-up merchant and not just being the fruit loop that he is.

What a fandan he is.

I love whenever Vlad says something ridiculous he is just being a wind-up merchant and not just being the fruit loop that he is.

What a fandan he is.

Aye, he should just be going around telling newspapers we're worth **** all, that'll get a good price for usblink.gif

Well... :D

Discounting the money Hearts have taken in during that time (and the best spin does ignore simple things like that) he's probably not far off :unsure:

He said HE PLOUGHED ?200m INTO THE CLUB,he's way if if he said such crap.

Around ?50 million if it's referring to Lith Litas - makes a bit more sense (still an awful lot for such little reward!)

That would make sense

The Debt For Equity Swaps accound for ?22,000,000,. Buying the debt from SMG and HBOS would be about the same and then there's the price of buying out Chris Robinsons shares and extending additional loans to Hearts.

That would make sense

The Debt For Equity Swaps accound for ?22,000,000,. Buying the debt from SMG and HBOS would be about the same and then there's the price of buying out Chris Robinsons shares and extending additional loans to Hearts.

Pretty sure they wrote of our debt to them as "bad debt" long before vlad got involved.

No doubt someone will come on and tell you he did,"and here's how............................" :rolleyes:

That (?50mil) would make sense

Aye, but you can prove anything with 'facts'.

i can't quite believe it... there's actually a couple of haters on here who are CHOKING for someone to try and justify the ?200M comment.

you would like that haters, wouldn't you just?

:greggy:

He's said some loony things in his time but to claim he's ploughed in over 200 million is the most ridiculous thing to have ever come out of his mouth ever.

If he had 'ploughed' a quarter of that we would be multi SPL champions by now.

Fud.

Aye, he should just be going around telling newspapers we're worth **** all, that'll get a good price for usblink.gif

He should concentrate on getting us out of the mess we are in and finding a buyer through the proper channels not talking pish to a Russian newspaper.

I'm glad some people think it's funny that Romanov thinks this is one big joke. He couldnt give a shite what any of us think or the players he isn't paying on time.

That would make sense

Sunk costs bear no relation to the current valuation of the business, if they did RBS would be worth a fortune. VR is either:

A) Taking the piss

Or

B) Completely mental

Depressingly, we are stuck with him at that valuation, no one would touch the club.

Aye, but you can prove anything with 'facts'.

Think TC is saying that he has spent ?50m as opposed to ?200m,which has been pointed out that if he was saying 200m Lithuanian Litas would equate to ?50m,get my drift.

Francis Albert

Pretty sure they wrote of our debt to them as "bad debt" long before vlad got involved.

I think that's right but he did buy out SMG's share at the equivalent of a slice of the debt to them and above the market value odf its share, such as that was..

Anyway, for those interested consortia there are actually a couple of positives in Vlad's message (and you always need to read between the lines at this stage of a negotiation). He concedes that the money he has spent is irrelevant in valuing the business, and that he is going to have to accept a lot less. And he doesn't mention the current debt in his valuation. It should be easy to refute his contentions that the ground is worth ?25m and that the club as a "project" is worth anywhere near ?25m (or indeed any positive number) if saddled with ?35m of debt.

If the consortia are serious, they have been given something to work on.

He should concentrate on getting us out of the mess we are in and finding a buyer through the proper channels not talking pish to a Russian newspaper.

I'm glad some people think it's funny that Romanov thinks this is one big joke. He couldnt give a shite what any of us think or the players he isn't paying on time.

How do you or I know that he isn't trying to find buyer's 'through the proper channels'? As usual, he's quoted a couple of sentences in a newspaper and half of JKB wet their knickers in rageblink.gif

Francis Albert

He's said some loony things in his time but to claim he's ploughed in over 200 million is the most ridiculous thing to have ever come out of his mouth ever.

Fud.

He did (more or less) , and we aren't.

The Old Tolbooth

that article states that Vlad has chucked ?200Million into hearts, it also says his net worth is ?200 million, so essentially(forgetting inflation etc) he's invested 50% of his wealth in Hearts. wtf was he thinking?

And you believe that? :blink:

Well he has been going around telling the russian papers that Scottish football is on its death bed and is run by various mafia outlets destined to prevent anyone other than the old firm ever winning anything

Doesnt sounds like that astute a sales pitch to me....

The Mighty Thor

He's put in ?200 million :lol:

He is becoming more mitty-esque with every passing day.

?200 million :lol: :lol:

Our status has changed on e-bay to "Buy it Now".

Vladimir Romanov - Top Rated Seller

9.8% Positive Feedback

Dispatches items quickly.

Postage is free though. :whistling:

Well he has been going around telling the russian papers that Scottish football is on its death bed and is run by various mafia outlets destined to prevent anyone other than the old firm ever winning anything

TBF I dont think he rang up the paper and asked them to put an ad in the classified. He's selling three clubs, this is going to make the news whether we like it or not. I cant see why folk are bothered if he says he's ploughed in ?20 or ?2billion. Dont really see what difference it makes at the end of the dayhuh.gif

john brownlee

Cracking wind up, watch the rags be all over this like a rash :rofl:

amd the usual suspects on here (lastest count four)

the sencible people see it as it was intended, a big walloper of a wind up.

knobs the lot of them

Just goes to show just how much a bampot he really is,slagging of the very product you are trying to sell,Ratners anyone?

That would make sense

it would also make his valuation of the club at 50m (around ?12.5m) much more realistic as well. although that doesn't include ?30m+ worth of debt of course.

amd the usual suspects on here (lastest count four)

the sencible people see it as it was intended, a big walloper of a wind up.

knobs the lot of them

As I've already said,do you and your friends honestly think that vlad would manipulate the Russian press just so he could have a wee laugh at the Scottish press,being serious here,do you think thats what he's done if indeed the story is true?

john brownlee

So let me get this clear,he's going to manipulate the Russian press to play a wee joke on the Scottish press,is that what your saying?

and you bite reel yer neck in.

Just goes to show just how much a bampot he really is,slagging of the very product you are trying to sell,Ratners anyone?

I think the deal breaker on the sale will be the fact that our very generous leader takes a hit on all the debt and we come out the other end of the sale 30m better off. He'll still be a ***** though eh :smuggy:

Good old Vlad. In one interview to a Russian newspaper he has effectively guaranteed Hearts days of press coverage in Scotland.

As to the comment asking if Vlad would do an interview in Russia just to wind up the Scottish press - really? I would have thought that was blatantly obvious going by past deeds.

loveofthegame

Feared this would be the case. He was never, ever going to just "cut his losses" and sell up on the cheap.

And he's spent ?200M on us- absolute fantasising bufoon.

We may be stuck with him for a good while yet.

Sunk costs bear no relation to the current valuation of the business, if they did RBS would be worth a fortune. VR is either:

A) Taking the piss

Or

B) Completely mental

Depressingly, we are stuck with him at that valuation, no one would touch the club.

These are by far and away the 2 most accurate options available on this garbage.

Good old Vlad. In one interview to a Russian newspaper he has effectively guaranteed Hearts days of press coverage in Scotland.

As to the comment asking if Vlad would do an interview in Russia just to wind up the Scottish press - really? I would have thought that was blatantly obvious going by past deeds.

So he's now effectively p15sed of the press here as well as in Russia then,don't think they'll be to pleased about him trying to make an arse of them as well,do you?

To be fair he's only saying what he think's it's 'worth'. He'll be talking it up as much as possible to make a low figure sound like a bargain to prospective buyers (if they are out there!)

Exactly!!!

It's as plain as the nose on your face!

However, it's fodder for the donkeys!

Francis Albert

If I were a serious potential buyer I'd be delighted witth Vlad's statement. He has told them how the business should be valued and no serious buyer would have any difficulty with the priciples he has outlined. I(It often takes a long time to get that far in a commercial negotiation). He says it is worth the value of the ground plus the value of the business as a project. The value of the ground is something that can be assessed by independent experts. The value of the project is the discounted cah flow of future earnings. Any serious buyer will have a business plan with projections of future profis, taking account the cost of servicing various levels of debt.

Over to you, consortia.

This is basic business negotiation at work.

Vlad demands a huge price for the club, a buyer offers considerably less and they haggle until they meet in the middle.

The middle is where Vlad wanted to be all along.

That's why he's rich.

As I've said already, only an idiot wouldn't see this.

If I were a serious potential buyer I'd be delighted witth Vlad's statement. He has told them how the business should be valued and no serious buyer would have any difficulty with the priciples he has outlined. I(It oftenn takes a long time to get that far in a commercial negotiation). He says it is worth the value of the ground plus the value of the business as a project. The value of the ground is something that can be assessed by independent experts. The value of the project is the discounted cah flow of future earnings. Any serious buyer will have a business plan with projections of future profis, taking account the cost of servicing various levels of debt. Over to you, consortia.

FA, there you go again!!!

What have I told you about posting "sense" on here!

It's not welcome!!!

Hackney Hearts

Whoops! you're correct hackney hearts, only missed a couple of zeros, nothing much :P

You're not Vlad's accountant, are you?

So he's now effectively p15sed of the press here as well as in Russia then,don't think they'll be to pleased about him trying to make an arse of them as well,do you?

So Vlad has never used a tame Russian journo to release a story knowing full well that it would make it's way back to Scotland before??

And why would he bother what the Scottish press think about him? The same Scottish press who nicknamed him Mad Vlad? What other football owner in Scotland have the press awarded a nickname to?

Where's he getting the 200 million from? He's not put any of his own money into hearts, hence why we're ?35m in debt!

Surely a new owner would just take on the clubs debt and Romanov would walk away.

As I've said already, only an idiot wouldn't see this.

And only an idiot would try and rip the product to pieces and tell all how bad these media and mafia types are making it almost impossible to invest in it,and then try and sell it for ?50m,as I've said,Ratners.

I think there's too many people here taking this at face value (not that I'm surprised with the amount of drama queen roasters on here).

I give you exhibits A through to G

:facepalm::facepalm: and thrice :facepalm:

How much did you buy us for mr vlad ?

Don't see how this is funny TBH. He's not including the debt in this so he's expecting ?80m+ just to buy us and keep us afloat.

We'll never get a buyer.

Oh come on. FFS this isnt a laughing matter. We're practically bust and that erse is coming out with stuff like that

1. we cant pay our debts as they fall due

2. our liabilities (eg the debt, circa ?30m) are more than our assets (land plus players - at current prices no more than ?20m imho)

This summary is a business that is technically insolvent and is worth zilch.

You dont need to undertake any expensive due diligence to work that out.

And even Vlad's staunchest ally cannot believe he has spent ?200m on us??

How can anyone do business with such a fantasist.

Vlad's a feckin joker!

He said HE PLOUGHED ?200m INTO THE CLUB,he's way if if he said such crap.

Fud.

I rest my case

:smugger:

Where's he getting the 200 million from? He's not put any of his own money into hearts, hence why we're ?35m in debt!

Surely a new owner would just take on the clubs debt and Romanov would walk away.

And then Vlad calls in the debt?

Kerrrching!

Archived