So ?50 million we are worth apparently

Dalstonjambo

So Vlad has never used a tame Russian journo to release a story knowing full well that it would make it's way back to Scotland before??

And why would he bother what the Scottish press think about him? The same Scottish press who nicknamed him Mad Vlad? What other football owner in Scotland have the press awarded a nickname to?

What other football owner in Scottish football has SACKED their manager on top of and unbeaten in the league,naw he no mad,he velly intellegent.

As for your first point,what if said tame journo has had his fill with vlad and all his p15h and decides to print a story about him,just as a way of letting him know " you won't fork me around any more vlad",could that not happen as well?

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And only an idiot would try and rip the product to pieces and tell all how bad these media and mafia types are making it almost impossible to invest in it,and then try and sell it for ?50m,as I've said,Ratners.

Predictable, poor and irrelevant to the theme of this thread!

Name calling doesn't change the fact that, whatever you think of Vlad, this announcement is no more than the opening gambit of a normal business approach!

Francis Albert

Why is everyone wetting their knickers over the "200m"?? What ******* difference does it make how much he's spent? :rofl:

Especially when he says it doesn't matter what he's spent!

Predictable, poor and irrelevant to the theme of this thread!

Name calling doesn't change the fact that, whatever you think of Vlad, this announcement is no more than the opening gambit of a normal business approach!

Erm,no his opening gambit was "I'm getting out of here because I can't get my own way in a mafia/press run league",he has sh1t on his own doorstep,and now wants someone to pay to clear it up.

Francis Albert

And only an idiot would try and rip the product to pieces and tell all how bad these media and mafia types are making it almost impossible to invest in it,and then try and sell it for ?50m,as I've said,Ratners.

The other side of that coin is the potential the club might have if the media and mafia types can be overcome. Maybe our white knight will fancy tilting at a few windmills! Personally I'd be happy if at least that bit of Vlad's legacy lived on under new ownership (albeit in a more effective way).

john brownlee

As I've already said,do you and your friends honestly think that vlad would manipulate the Russian press just so he could have a wee laugh at the Scottish press,being serious here,do you think thats what he's done if indeed the story is true?

no but the interpretation some of you lot are making are of the same ilk of the average scottish rage, so next week expect columns and pages extracted from a throw away line. Which most of the articale is true, why not value Hearts at ?50 million. but of course you like most of your friends on here, the weegi meedi will go with 200 million part, oh sorry forgot to put in the pound sign.

fleckin' toube

Francis Albert

Where's he getting the 200 million from? He's not put any of his own money into hearts, hence why we're ?35m in debt!

Surely a new owner would just take on the clubs debt and Romanov would walk away.

Sometimes I feel like popping over to Hibs.net for a more intelligent analysis of our finances.

Erm,no his opening gambit was "I'm getting out of here because I can't get my own way in a mafia/press run league",he has sh1t on his own doorstep,and now wants someone to pay to clear it up.

It'll be good when this is all over, since the only time you ever post is when Vlad releases some sort of press statement. Will get some peace from your inane ramblings about how much of a dick he is.

no but the interpretation some of you lot are making are of the same ilk of the average scottish rage, so next week expect columns and pages extracted from a throw away line. Which most of the articale is true, why not value Hearts at ?50 million. but of course you like most of your friends on here, the weegi meedi will go with 200 million part, oh sorry forgot to put in the pound sign.

fleckin' toube

You are pretty handy with the abuse for someone with the mental age of a toddler. Just saying like.

:greggy:

I don't really see the wind-up here tbh.

The other side of that coin is the potential the club might have if the media and mafia types can be overcome. Maybe our white knight will fancy tilting at a few windmills! Personally I'd be happy if at least that bit of Vlad's legacy lived on under new ownership (albeit in a more effective way).

Aye,by leaving a manager who hadn't been beat and had us sitting on top of the league alone,that would surely help,no.

Assets

Ground / stadium - maybe ?10-12m

Playing squad - maybe ?5-8m

Goodwill / brand etc - maybe ?5m

Liabilities

Debt - ?35m

It's practically impossible to justify a valuation greater than nil.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

How about he stops trying to wind everyone up and starts behaving like a serious businessman. That would be cracking.

It'll be good when this is all over, since the only time you ever post is when Vlad releases some sort of press statement. Will get some peace from your inane ramblings about how much of a dick he is.

Is it really,aw well then thats good to know I'm living rent free in your head at the moment.

Francis Albert

Aye,by leaving a manager who hadn't been beat and had us sitting on top of the league alone,that would surely help,no.

I think we know about that and no-one thinks it was helpful.

(Although as a technicality, the manager had been beat).

He's no daft. He'l be putting it out there that its worth 50M so that people become interested in getting it for less. Would you want a club that was worth noubt?

Surely he's not expecting to actually get 50M.

I think we know about that and no-one thinks it was helpful.

(Although as a technicality, the manager had been beat).

I couldn't be arsed typing league twice,I think you know what I meant :thumbsup:

No surprise to see you whipping yourself into a frenzy over this one, rudi... :biggrin:

I'm not sure he definitely wants to sell us and the more I hear of his comments about it, the less convinced I am. I'm beginning to side with those who think that there's a full on major cost cutting exercise unfolding - they've been upfront about that - but I wonder what the main aims are of this exercise? I'm not yet sure it's about selling us completely.

Sure...should some bunch of rich crazies pop up and meet his valuation, I think he'd take it and run but I wonder if it's really what he's aiming to do here. It's like he's giving himself a good (and inflated) starting position for possible negotiations but after that? I dunno. Got our attention anyway Vlad, we're watching....

He's no daft. He'l be putting it out there that its worth 50M so that people become interested in getting it for less. Would you want a club that was worth noubt?

Surely he's not expecting to actually get 50M.

Would you be happy to have business discussions with someone who thought HMFC were worth ?50m,when it's plain for everyone to see we aint,or would you say to yourself "this guys a loon,lets GTF outta here"?

Sometimes I feel like popping over to Hibs.net for a more intelligent analysis of our finances.

Sadly they would be more accurate than 95% of the posters on here.

Francis Albert

As far as we know no potential buyer has approached him. In his first indication of the value he overstates the value of the ground by a factor of 2 or 3. He overstates the value of the "project" by a factor of 2 or 3 (leaving aside question of how the debt will be addressed). He states clearly and fairly how the business should be valued.

If that's mad then I've hardly met a sane commercial negotiator in my life.

Barney Rubble

No surprise to see you whipping yourself into a frenzy over this one, rudi... :biggrin:

I'm not sure he definitely wants to sell us and the more I hear of his comments about it, the less convinced I am. I'm beginning to side with those who think that there's a full on major cost cutting exercise unfolding - they've been upfront about that - but I wonder what the main aims are of this exercise? I'm not yet sure it's about selling us completely.

Sure...should some bunch of rich crazies pop up and meet his valuation, I think he'd take it and run but I wonder if it's really what he's aiming to do here. It's like he's giving himself a good (and inflated) starting position for possible negotiations but after that? I dunno. Got our attention anyway Vlad, we're watching....

So the interview has served its purpose .

Is it really,aw well then thats good to know I'm living rent free in your head at the moment.

:wtfvlad:

Well, there we have it.

Romanov also claims he has lost such interest in Hearts that he is unaware of when they played their last fixture, having last watched the team defeat Celtic on a trip to Edinburgh in October.

"I don?t even travel and I don?t know when they last played, whether it was yesterday or Saturday, and I don?t know how they played," he said. "It is the same for my other sports clubs."Every time they just ask for money, and every time I promise not to give more, then they promise to make it themselves."

I'm not in any frenzy redm,(bored if you must know,off work with an ear infection)just can't believe after all the stuff he's said about how bad our game is he values us at ?50m.

Might look a tad bothered with all the usual comebacks about "vald haters" and "drama queens" but hey,I'm big,old and ugly enough to take it.

In all honesty he's not doing a very good job off selling us,if indeed that is what he's trying to do,up to a point someone has been honest but vlad tries to hard to be this clever clogs with his wordings of things and it just ends up,as people say,an inane rambling,just say it how it is then we could all get it.

As far as we know no potential buyer has approached him. In his first indication of the value he overstates the value of the ground by a factor of 2 or 3. He overstates the value of the "project" by a factor of 2 or 3 (leaving aside question of how the debt will be addressed). He states clearly and fairly how the business should be valued.

If that's mad then I've hardly met a sane commercial negotiator in my life.

Approach made - feedback zero. No further comment.

I do love threads like these, it helps to reaffirm who on here is absolutely bonkers and who is actually worth listening to.

Only problem is that the bonkers seem to vastly outnumber the sensible.

My point exactly!!!

I couldn't be arsed typing league twice,I think you know what I meant :thumbsup:

It's good to know you put as much effort into expressing your thoughts as you do into forming them

Well personally I am absolutely :seething: at this news!

We all know that you can't put a value on Heart of Midlothian FC and certainly not a measly ?50 million

jbsmug.gif

I'm not in any frenzy redm,(bored if you must know,off work with an ear infection)just can't believe after all the stuff he's said about how bad our game is he values us at ?50m.

Might look a tad bothered with all the usual comebacks about "vald haters" and "drama queens" but hey,I'm big,old and ugly enough to take it.

In all honesty he's not doing a very good job off selling us,if indeed that is what he's trying to do,up to a point someone has been honest but vlad tries to hard to be this clever clogs with his wordings of things and it just ends up,as people say,an inane rambling,just say it how it is then we could all get it.

He hasn't made any direct comments about the value of the game or the club (until today) as far as I recollect rudi, he has simply pointed out that the game's a bit of a bogey and that he thinks the status quo and structure of the SPL make it impossible to succeed or achieve the things he had in mind. He's disillusioned and wants out, he hasn't bad mouthed or talked Hearts down as a viable business. He clearly sets out WHY he has valued us in the way he has so if you have a different view of what those values are then fine, but you really need to say why and what they are otherwise it just sounds like you're having a bit of an anti-Vlad rant.

And for what it's worth, I understood every word of his statement. I think sometimes people are very quick to criticise him for 'rambling' when what they really mean is that his comments are really just a bit ambiguous. And what's wrong with that? Say what you like about him but he's definitely not daft. He knows what he's doing.

I do love threads like these, it helps to reaffirm who on here is absolutely bonkers and who is actually worth listening to.

Only problem is that the bonkers seem to vastly outnumber the sensible.

it's those who think they are sensible that are bonkers.

Wow, second guessing megalomaniacal business intentions is a spicy meatball. Give an opinion and its abuse all the way.

Good reading though!

Mate, it doesn't need Carol vorderman to work out that we were ?20m or so in debt when he took over, ?35m in debt now, despite receiving around ?15m in from transfer fees and paying out ?875k (beslija - the only one I can think of). Not sure if that's what your implying.

How much do you think he's put in?

He hasn't made any direct comments about the value of the game or the club (until today) as far as I recollect rudi, he has simply pointed out that the game's a bit of a bogey and that he thinks the status quo and structure of the SPL make it impossible to succeed or achieve the things he had in mind. He's disillusioned and wants out, he hasn't bad mouthed or talked Hearts down as a viable business. He clearly sets out WHY he has valued us in the way he has so if you have a different view of what those values are then fine, but you really need to say why and what they are otherwise it just sounds like you're having a bit of an anti-Vlad rant.

And for what it's worth, I understood every word of his statement. I think sometimes people are very quick to criticise him for 'rambling' when what they really mean is that his comments are really just a bit ambiguous. And what's wrong with that? Say what you like about him but he's definitely not daft. He knows what he's doing.

20 pagerninja.gif

The Old Tolbooth

As I've already said,do you and your friends honestly think that vlad would manipulate the Russian press just so he could have a wee laugh at the Scottish press,being serious here,do you think thats what he's done if indeed the story is true?

Why not, we all know Vlad likes to play games with the Scottish press, and we all know that they trawl any news snippets they can from all sources to ridicule Vlad, so I wouldn't bet against him planting that little nugget for them to pick up on.

Vlad might be a rasper, but he's quite a clever rasper at some things, just not running football clubs.

redm,he has been very critical of Scottish football for a long time,he blamed everyone he could because he ballsed up,now after telling all and sundry how BAD the product it he's now trying to sell on one of the major components of the very thing he has said is bad,not very good business strategy is it?

I'm also at a complete loss as to why he constantly wanted some kind of war of words with the press when we all know that there would only be one winner,vlad seemed to take great pride in alienating himself(and Hearts at times) with anyone whose opinion differed from his ideology (once again,not a very good business strategy)he could have had the business community of Edinburgh on his side if he had been a bit less of a megalomaniac,but no,it was his way or none.

That is the reason I've had my fill with him,he could have had it a lot better for us if he had screwed the nut and listened to people who knew better,but no,all he done was make a fool of himself (to the outside world anyway) and brought Heart of Midlothian down with him,he made/makes the tims look easyosy when it comes to paranoia.

Francis Albert

Mate, it doesn't need Carol vorderman to work out that we were ?20m or so in debt when he took over, ?35m in debt now, despite receiving around ?15m in from transfer fees and paying out ?875k (beslija - the only one I can think of). Not sure if that's what your implying.

How much do you think he's put in?

Debt when he arrived about ?20m. Debt now ?35m. Debt for equity swaps and debt forgiveness. ?30m. Total additioon debt created ?45m. Debt is created by spending money above income. The gap between income and expenditure has been met by companies owned and/or controlled bby Vlad. So the answer is ?45m. Near as makes no difference.

Why not, we all know Vlad likes to play games with the Scottish press, and we all know that they trawl any news snippets they can from all sources to ridicule Vlad, so I wouldn't bet against him planting that little nugget for them to pick up on.

Vlad might be a rasper, but he's quite a clever rasper at some things, just not running football clubs.

Because if thats the case,how long do you think it will take the Ruski hacks to get peeved off with him as well,if he is playing that kind of game then he's not as clever as you may think.

Lets try and put some local logic into the Club being worth ?50m and the chances of attracting buyers.

You have a Edinburgh city Centre Flat worth a valuers survey of ?250,000

Option 1 - You put the property on the market at fixed price of ?750,000 with the hope you can get XYZ.( I have taken the liberty of valuing HMFC at ?15m)

Option 2 - You put your property on the market for offers over ?200,000

Which option would attract the most interest and the possibility of negotiation.

Charlie-Brown

If Romanov & UBIG agree then I think Hearts will change ownership for a deal that values HMFC somewhere between ?30M and ?35M ......

payable in installments

Archived