So ?50 million we are worth apparently

Dalstonjambo

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Captain Lithuania
MOSCOW, November 22 (RIA Novosti) ? Hearts owner Vladimir Romanov told RIA Novosti on Tuesday his heavily indebted club, which he is looking to sell, is worth at least 50 million pounds.

The Russian-born businessman told RIA Novosti last week he is quitting football and is seeking buyers for the Scottish Premier League side, who are thought to be 35 million pounds in debt.

?A lot more has been spent, of course,? Romanov said, adding he had plowed 200 million into the club. ?The land is worth 25 million pounds, plus the players, the club with a project, are also worth 25 million. That?s about 50 [million]. It?s not the money I spent, but now that?s what it?s worth.?

Romanov, who made his fortune in manufacturing and banking, bought Hearts with the aim of blooding young talent from Lithuania and splitting the Old Firm dominance of Glasgow Rangers and Celtic. His net worth is reported to stand at 200 million pounds.

The closest he came to achieving his ambition was in 2006, when Hearts finished runner-up to champions Celtic and Rangers came third.

For those at work who can't see.

Unfortunately the link is blocked on my works computer

here you go

SportsRomanov puts 50 million pound price tag on Hearts

15:15 22/11/2011MOSCOW, November 22 (RIA Novosti) ? Hearts owner Vladimir Romanov told RIA Novosti on Tuesday his heavily indebted club, which he is looking to sell, is worth at least 50 million pounds.

The Russian-born businessman told RIA Novosti last week he is quitting football and is seeking buyers for the Scottish Premier League side, who are thought to be 35 million pounds in debt.

?A lot more has been spent, of course,? Romanov said, adding he had plowed 200 million into the club. ?The land is worth 25 million pounds, plus the players, the club with a project, are also worth 25 million. That?s about 50 [million]. It?s not the money I spent, but now that?s what it?s worth.?

Romanov, who made his fortune in manufacturing and banking, bought Hearts with the aim of blooding young talent from Lithuania and splitting the Old Firm dominance of Glasgow Rangers and Celtic. His net worth is reported to stand at 200 million pounds.

The closest he came to achieving his ambition was in 2006, when Hearts finished runner-up to champions Celtic and Rangers came third.

scots civil war

It?s not the money I spent, but now that?s what it?s worth.? ..........50 big ones in romanovs eyes

maybe he ought to grasp reality on this side of the north sea,and live here for a bit.....hes in for a shock

To be fair he's only saying what he think's it's 'worth'. He'll be talking it up as much as possible to make a low figure sound like a bargain to prospective buyers (if they are out there!)

Geoff Kilpatrick

To be fair he's only saying what he think's it's 'worth'. He'll be talking it up as much as possible to make a low figure sound like a bargain to prospective buyers (if they are out there!)

I think Vlad's being a WUM again. The weegia will be all over this like a rash, when he's surely taking the piss!

Gregory House M.D.

Don't see how this is funny TBH. He's not including the debt in this so he's expecting ?80m+ just to buy us and keep us afloat.

We'll never get a buyer.

Someone selling something, try's to inflate it's value to potential buyers - wow! :blink:

Nothing to see here, back to your work. :whistling:

(twenty pages - NAP)

Barney Rubble

Got a feeling he,s touting us to any russian oligarch who desires a british club , still think the wait will be a long one at that price .

Tiberius Stinkfinger

He has said nothing yet to make me think he really wants to sell the club or has any intention of selling the club.

He feckin love the attention.

i see vlad has returned to his early life, selling LP's out the back of a lada, delboy type sales pitching.

but there's over-egging your wares... and there's having a bird bath.

RudiMustScore

Vlad made a mess of it and has created HIS debt.....?20 million is a generous offer...any buyers? :thumbsup:

He has said nothing yet to make me think he really wants to sell the club or has any intention of selling the club.

Pretty much sums him up.He has the press in this country feeding off everything he says.No doubt the headlines in the Scottish press after this latest interview in Russia will read Vlad wants ?50m for Hearts and Vlad will once again be pissing himself at just how easy it is to gain publicity.

Vlad has always been a hard negotiator so I'm not overly surprised about this valuation. He was never going to come out and say that the club is worth a quid.

I'm sure when/if negotiations do start this valuation will be reduced.

that article states that Vlad has chucked ?200Million into hearts, it also says his net worth is ?200 million, so essentially(forgetting inflation etc) he's invested 50% of his wealth in Hearts. wtf was he thinking?

Pretty much sums him up.He has the press in this country feeding off everything he says.No doubt the headlines in the Scottish press after this latest interview in Russia will read Vlad wants ?50m for Hearts and Vlad will once again be pissing himself at just how easy it is to gain publicity.

So let me get this clear,he's going to manipulate the Russian press to play a wee joke on the Scottish press,is that what your saying?

Hackney Hearts
?A lot more has been spent, of course,? Romanov said, adding he had plowed 200 million into the club.

What??

It goes on to say his net worth stands at ?200 million.

What??

It goes on to say his net worth stands at ?200 million.

Pretty sure they have missed the last sentence that says "oh and get your money on hibs winning the Scottish cup this season,you heard it here first".

that article states that Vlad has chucked ?200Million into hearts, it also says his net worth is ?200 million, so essentially(forgetting inflation etc) he's invested 50% of his wealth in Hearts. wtf was he thinking?

It doesn't have a currency sign against it at that point. I wonder if he means in his local currency.

Oh come on. FFS this isnt a laughing matter. We're practically bust and that erse is coming out with stuff like that

1. we cant pay our debts as they fall due

2. our liabilities (eg the debt, circa ?30m) are more than our assets (land plus players - at current prices no more than ?20m imho)

This summary is a business that is technically insolvent and is worth zilch.

You dont need to undertake any expensive due diligence to work that out.

And even Vlad's staunchest ally cannot believe he has spent ?200m on us??

How can anyone do business with such a fantasist.

Hackney Hearts

for those of you who don't know, this is called haggling.

To say you've spent ?200 million and managed to come 2nd once (and now lie 6th) is hardly going to entice any prospective buyers, is it? They must think we operate in some sort of fiercely competitive super league which is harder to win than the EPL.

It doesn't have a currency sign against it at that point. I wonder if he means in his local currency.

In the article it says that "the ground is worth 25 million pounds" can't see why they would change currencies every paragraph.

Hackney Hearts

Around ?50 million if it's referring to Lith Litas - makes a bit more sense (still an awful lot for such little reward!)

southside1874

My thoughts exactlylaugh.gif

?50 million may be about right, but we are also ?35 million in debt - that doesn't equal a ?15 million share for Vlad though. Realistically, he can't really look for any kind of return when there's that amount of debt on the club.

Francis Albert

It's certainly a funny old "fire sale".

southside1874

To say you've spent ?200 million and managed to come 2nd once (and now lie 6th) is hardly going to entice any prospective buyers, is it? They must think we operate in some sort of fiercely competitive super league which is harder to win than the EPL.

Oddly enough I think Hearts have more chance of winning the EPL than the SPLwhistling.gif

a quick check on Google and the equivalent of 200m Russian Rubles is ?41k,

or 200m Lithuanian Litai is ?501k .

wouldn't surprise me if those figures were what we're worth lol

I think there's too many people here taking this at face value (not that I'm surprised with the amount of drama queen roasters on here).

southside1874

I think there's too many people here taking this at face value (not that I'm surprised with the amount of drama queen roasters on here).

laugh.giflaugh.gif

In the article it says that "the ground is worth 25 million pounds" can't see why they would change currencies every paragraph.

Because he'd have been speaking to local journalists.

If he really has spent ?200 Million pounds, then he's had sh't value for money, or Nade's Lambo, Pinilla's head-shrink, Kingston's wage etc ... were astronomically expensive !

Hackney Hearts

a quick check on Google and the equivalent of 200m Russian Rubles is ?41k, ?4 million

or 200m Lithuanian Litai is ?501k . ?50 million

wouldn't surprise me if those figures were what we're worth lol

Francis Albert

Of course it's nonsense, but what has he to lose by chancing his arm in this way? He has been mad enough to spend something like ?50m, so why wouldn't he check out whether there is another even bigger nutter out there?

No doubt someone will come on and tell you he did,"and here's how............................" :rolleyes:

Well... :D

Discounting the money Hearts have taken in during that time (and the best spin does ignore simple things like that) he's probably not far off :unsure:

No doubt someone will come on and tell you he did,"and here's how............................" :rolleyes:

The club as a whole haven't spent 200m in his time here, and a large amount of that has been income.

Charlie-Brown

If Mr Romanov says the price is ?50M then it won't look so bad when somebody agrees to offer him a way to get his ?30M back and they might bump up the equity offer for the shares a little bit as well........... that's my take on it. :rolleyes:

So he's say's we're worth ?30M and get's offered ?20M

OR

He say's we're worth ?50M and get's offered ?35M

OR

He say's we're worth ?50M and everybody think's "He's a maniac!"

I'm going for the third option above, you've got to love the man, crack pipe and all.

If we are worth ?50M, then we don't have any financial problems.

I tend to agree with one of the other posters that this is the first stage of negotiation.

The reality is that if he genuinely wants to sell Hearts, he will have to write of the debt & accept ?10-15M.

The ground is only worth ?5-10M,

The 200M figure is serious bull. I appreciate all the debt for equity money, but that is well short of this figure.

Unless he takes a serious financial hit, we'll have to wait until he pops off!

I would ask the administrators what the true value of the Club is before I listened to his valuation.

Archived