Where is this?

jambogaz1968

John Gentleman

post-1216-0-98572300-1506161630_thumb.jpg

Hope someone can help..........can (vaguely) remember taking it, but cannae' remember where. According to my camera it was the only picture I took on 16-August this year.

John Gentleman

Its Lockerbie.

Ta. Had a feeling it was. I was on my way back from down south (Oxford) and was stuck on M6 (between Manchester and Liverpool) for two hours due to a smash-up.  When I got going again I took a wee break at Lockerbie to pick up some groceries (read: 'beer'). I'd tried Googling 'Lockerbie Images' but all you get are pics of the Lockerbie disaster.

Here's the view from the bit I meant.

Jings, even the clouds look the same. ;)

post-18712-0-07238300-1506195896_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Lemongrab

Shanks said no

Here's the view from the bit I meant.

Jings, even the clouds look the same. ;)

Is it looking out from the A861, maybe to the north of Glenuig

All roads lead to Gorgie

I think what we're looking at is Eigg and Rhum though, as All Roads said earlier.

Thanks but I think he means where the photo was taken from. It is Eigg and Rhum for sure.  :2thumbsup: 

Thanks but I think he means where the photo was taken from. It is Eigg and Rhum for sure.  :2thumbsup:

Ah ok. I'll go for half-way between Roshven and Glenuig at the lay-by there, probably towards the right hand side of the lay-by near the bin. :)

All roads lead to Gorgie

Ah ok. I'll go for half-way between Roshven and Glenuig at the lay-by there, probably towards the right hand side of the lay-by near the bin. :)

But is it just before the bin or just beyond it. You will need to be precise to get the point. :thumbsup: 

But is it just before the bin or just beyond it. You will need to be precise to get the point. :thumbsup:

:) Sorry. NNW of the bin at about 5 and a half paces. I can't be more precise than that because I don't know how far Dunks was holding the camera from his face.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Isnt the Bin near Buckie?

Speaking of which, why don't Buckie drinkers put their empties in bins instead of leaving them on walls and in doorways? 

Speaking of which, why don't Buckie drinkers put their empties in bins instead of leaving them on walls and in doorways? 

Or on top of massive cranes ....

MbTui6Ur.jpg

All roads lead to Gorgie

Or on top of massive cranes ....

MbTui6Ur.jpg

Extreme Buckie drinking. Could be a new sport that Scotland would do very well in. :2thumbsup: 

The Colosseum, Rome. :)

(Oops, spelled it wrong at first)

Edited by redjambo

Correct - Point to redjambo

Thank you, sir.

It must have been an amazing building in its heyday (albeit the site of great barbarism of course). Well worth a visit for those who have never been there.