**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

Back injuries too much, I'd conclude. Too much risk of debilitating injury for him, and too much risk for any teams to pony up the cash to sign him.

Good luck to him. A great player to watch, not least for some spectacular **** ups. Would have been a huge signings for the Texans if it had happened. However, probably would have been yet another QB disaster.

• Replies 33.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

NFL Thursday. Looking forward to it. Think still some tickets on sale.

I'm going. Look for the Rodgers 12 jersey sitting next to a Ravens jersey.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

chuck berrys hairline

Accidently joined two public leagues, any idea on how to remove them?

Edited by chuck berrys hairline

hmfc_liam06

Accidently joined two public leagues, any idea on how to remove them?

Team > Settings > Drop Out :thumbsup:

And cheers for joining the dynasty!

hmfc_liam06

Can you give me a quick rundown of everything involved in this one bud. I really enjoyed the last one, but it took over my life :lol:

There's a start up draft, which means you draft your roster with the aim of keeping them beyond the year. Then each year there's a rookie draft where all the years rookies are draftable - order is determined by previous league position, just like the actual NFL.

It's more of a long term league as opposed to the re-draft league we played in last year.

luckyBatistuta

There's a start up draft, which means you draft your roster with the aim of keeping them beyond the year. Then each year there's a rookie draft where all the years rookies are draftable - order is determined by previous league position, just like the actual NFL.

It's more of a long term league as opposed to the re-draft league we played in last year.

In :2thumbsup:

KineticBeat

Some chat th Browns might pass on Garrett. Would be incredible if they did.

It would be very typical Browns if they did.

Would almost guarantee his greatness too.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

luckyBatistuta

Nice one!

One last space to fill...roll up, roll up!!

My mate that I'm playing golf with this afternoon might be interested. He's not really been into the NFL, but he's done the Sky Fantasy and I think he got the bug a little. I'll tell him I'll play him for money at it and that'll work :lol:  

Some chat th Browns might pass on Garrett. Would be incredible if they did.

Crazy

It would be very typical Browns if they did.

Would almost guarantee his greatness too.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

:lol: probably would, he'll be hoping.

luckyBatistuta

Cheers Gabriel! 

Here comes the first of many questions bud...Its saying in the team that there is no defense, yet the scoring has points for the defense?

hmfc_liam06

Here comes the first of many questions bud...Its saying in the team that there is no defense, yet the scoring has points for the defense?

I haven't made any scoring adjustments yet, it's set to standard PPR. I'll be removing the D scoring.

luckyBatistuta

I haven't made any scoring adjustments yet, it's set to standard PPR. I'll be removing the D scoring.

So is there no defense this time? Instead of the defense, it's got an extra QB/WR/RB/TE. Not sure if I'm being an arse here and reading it wrong :lol:

hmfc_liam06

So is there no defense this time? Instead of the defense, it's got an extra QB/WR/RB/TE. Not sure if I'm being an arse here and reading it wrong :lol:

Yep no D, I don't find them all that relevant in dynasty.

And yeah it's a super flex league, it means you can play a second QB in the flex position. It brings a lot more value to the QB position.

Another excellent night. Much more informed than the last show. All three guests were superb.

I asked for Kay Adams phone number, lol. Got a quality gift at the end. Edited by Kendoll

I was sat right behind you then!

Ha ha. I was the Packer beside a Raven. Thoroughly enjoyed the night, Smith was proper hilarious. Kurt gave me quite intense eye contact!

Placid Casual

I asked for Kay Adams phone number, lol. Got a quality gift at the end.

Kurt Warner saying that he hasn't got Kay's number... suppose he had to say that with the wife sitting there!

It was a great night, really enjoyed it. Steve Smith never let up on the Browns did he :lol:

Sexton Hardcastle

Before the show we were in bread meats bread sitting munching away at the window seats. Watching everyone stroll by and then a guy went past with the upturned hat and I was like, that's Steve smith. He paused right in front of us, made strange eye contact, checked out our food and strolled on.

Kurt Warner saying that he hasn't got Kay's number... suppose he had to say that with the wife sitting there!

It was a great night, really enjoyed it. Steve Smith never let up on the Browns did he [emoji38]

Ha ha, gutted I never got her number.

Smith really did, felt sorry for the Browns tonight. When the fan said he was really proud of them, Steve's face was a total picture!

Took this from the table as there were no Packers stuff on there.

b9ee6f940922b076da62e7bf8a00c4ba.jpg

luckyBatistuta

Another excellent night. Much more informed than the last show. All three guests were superb.

Oh don't say that Sexton. I ended up having to give it a miss. Thought last years was brilliant, so this must have been good. I'm really gutted now reading all your posts :sad:

luckyBatistuta

I asked for Kay Adams phone number, lol. Got a quality gift at the end.

Get in the queue for that one matey.

hmfc_liam06

Before the show we were in bread meats bread sitting munching away at the window seats. Watching everyone stroll by and then a guy went past with the upturned hat and I was like, that's Steve smith. He paused right in front of us, made strange eye contact, checked out our food and strolled on.

Kurt Warner and Peter King were in the Beer Kitchen before it conducting an interview, hence the Innis & Gunn comment from Peter during the show. Got to chat and pose for pics with them. As I mentioned earlier I was with a Ram and a Card so you can imagine the state those two were in :lol:

luckyBatistuta

Swapped my night off so that I can watch the draft. So anybody got anything in particular in mind, needs they would like to see their team address, players they'd like to see them acquire. I don't have a clue what the Colts are going to do. There are just so many positions needing an upgrade. Possible that they will trade down for more picks, so that they can address as many as possible. Counting the days though, as I always love watching it, as you never know what's going to happen, once that clock starts.

hmfc_liam06

Swapped my night off so that I can watch the draft. So anybody got anything in particular in mind, needs they would like to see their team address, players they'd like to see them acquire. I don't have a clue what the Colts are going to do. There are just so many positions needing an upgrade. Possible that they will trade down for more picks, so that they can address as many as possible. Counting the days though, as I always love watching it, as you never know what's going to happen, once that clock starts.

Come on man, you know the Colts are going to draft a receiver :lol:

We've got 2 glaring needs: linebacker to replace Levy and a defensive end to compliment Ansah. After that we have needs at safety, cornerback and running back. We keep getting linked with a tight end first round, I think I'll change teams if we go tight end first round again.

Aaron Hernandez has apparently killed himself in prison- found hung in his cell.

And on the day (some of) the Patriots visit the White House, too.

alwaysthereinspirit

Aaron Hernandez has apparently killed himself in prison- found hung in his cell.

Could have saved us all lots of money and did it 3 years ago.

luckyBatistuta

Come on man, you know the Colts are going to draft a receiver :lol:

We've got 2 glaring needs: linebacker to replace Levy and a defensive end to compliment Ansah. After that we have needs at safety, cornerback and running back. We keep getting linked with a tight end first round, I think I'll change teams if we go tight end first round again.

:lol: if that happens again, I'm done with them. Seriously though, obviously our most important needs are maybe an edge rusher (Taco Charlton,Derek Barnett,possibles) or CB (Gareon Conley,Marlon Humphrey, possibles) but that will depend on what quality of RB is still available once we're on the clock. McCaffrey would be a good fit,Dalvin Cook possibly still available, but I'd personally rather strengthen the defense first and pick a RB further down, as much as I like the look of Christian McCaffrey.

hmfc_liam06

:lol: if that happens again, I'm done with them. Seriously though, obviously our most important needs are maybe an edge rusher (Taco Charlton,Derek Barnett,possibles) or CB (Gareon Conley,Marlon Humphrey, possibles) but that will depend on what quality of RB is still available once we're on the clock. McCaffrey would be a good fit,Dalvin Cook possibly still available, but I'd personally rather strengthen the defense first and pick a RB further down, as much as I like the look of Christian McCaffrey.

RB class is stacked. Wonder who'll take a punt on Mixon, a guy I follow on Twitter loves him and has him RB2 but obviously with his history of decking a burd, it doesn't sit well with most teams!

luckyBatistuta

Missed this post at first, total shock when I read it, threw it all away.

luckyBatistuta

RB class is stacked. Wonder who'll take a punt on Mixon, a guy I follow on Twitter loves him and has him RB2 but obviously with his history of decking a burd, it doesn't sit well with most teams!

Was some punch he gave her. Whoever does will be getting a cracking talent. Don't know if he has any other misdemeanours, but if that's his only one, then definitely worth a punt. We've all done the odd thing that we regret, but granted his is an absolute shocker, but hopefully he'll have learned a lesson from it.

hmfc_liam06

Was some punch he gave her. Whoever does will be getting a cracking talent. Don't know if he has any other misdemeanours, but if that's his only one, then definitely worth a punt. We've all done the odd thing that we regret, but granted his is an absolute shocker, but hopefully he'll have learned a lesson from it.

I genuinely wouldn't mind us taking a punt on him if he reaches the 3rd round (which is where most seem to think he'll fall to).

And as we speak, there's another incident flashed up on Twitter that apparently he did the same thing while in high school!

luckyBatistuta

I genuinely wouldn't mind us taking a punt on him if he reaches the 3rd round (which is where most seem to think he'll fall to).

And as we speak, there's another incident flashed up on Twitter that apparently he did the same thing while in high school!

Your kidding, not sure about a punt now.

Lots of speculation that Mixon may not get drafted at all. Hernandez' suicide probably a timely reminder about the perils of taking arseholes with a history of wild behaviour. Teams will be very wary.