Levein ( merged )

rick witter

1 hour ago, Lucille's Thirsty said:

I’m torn do we get rid now or do we keep him and end up with another waste of a season while others around us get stronger?

He hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt for next season.  With the new stand, we can't afford another season like this.  Hibs are sixteen points ahead of us. Getting next season wrong could set is back a few years. We can't risk that.  The style of football under him will never improve.  We have someone in charge who didn't even want the job.  A three year deal to someone who didn't want the job.  It's baffling.  

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• frankblack

• shaun.lawson

• Enzo Chiefo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

jack D and coke

I’ve not criticised him much but that performance was absolutely ****ing awful. To go there and sit off a dreadful Rangers team, constantly looking to go backwards is unforgivable stuff, there was nothing to play for really why not have a go at them? I can’t watch that crap. 

When it comes to Celtic and Rangers we should just award them 3-0’s, 3 points and save every ***** the hassle. 

Brutal stuff. 

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Do you also give him credit for Simpson and Petric? 

The signings we made post 98 put the club in serious trouble following the conversion of the SMG stock into what we thought would be shares.

Other players signed like Tomaschek had to be on a few quid too.

All Out Attack
1 minute ago, ramrod said:

Levein will be our manager or gone there will be no DOF role as a comfort blanket . 

Massive season for him , if he doesn't deliver an improvement on this season he will find it hard to justify his job . 

Is too big a risk in my opinion, the least few years have shown he simply can't cut it any more. 

His tactics belong to the stone age of Scottish football and I for one just don't want to see it anymore. 

Credit to every single Hearts supporter who went through today. You are owed an apology. 

Craig Levein, not in my name.....

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I'm pretty certain some people prefer it when Hearts lose. I dread to think how the frustration translates into real life 

Just now, All Out Attack said:

Is too big a risk in my opinion, the least few years have shown he simply can't cut it any more. 

His tactics belong to the stone age of Scottish football and I for one just don't want to see it anymore. 

Credit to every single Hearts supporter who went through today. You are owed an apology. 

He isn't going anywhere before next season no matter how often you post on here or write letters to the club.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, All Out Attack said:

Mark Hughes employing exactly the same at Wembley 

rudi must stay
2 minutes ago, Elmore said:

He hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt for next season.  With the new stand, we can't afford another season like this.  Hibs are sixteen points ahead of us. Getting next season wrong could set is back a few years. We can't risk that.  The style of football under him will never improve.  We have someone in charge who didn't even want the job.  A three year deal to someone who didn't want the job.  It's baffling.  

I think he did, due to Billy Davies saying he didn't have the guts to do the job. But him getting the job just because he wanted it, that's not the way to run a football club, he's not done enough in the game to earn that kind of sway

gashauskis9

If we’re going to play a defensive style, I wish we’d sign defensive minded players.  It’s like square pegs in round holes watching attacking wingers playing full back and strikers playing deep in midfield.

At least during Levein’s first regime we had composure and muscle.

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

The signings we made post 98 put the club in serious trouble following the conversion of the SMG stock into what we thought would be shares.

Yes, all signed by JJ and mostly duds. Long time ago though so most fans forget that Pieman taking the SMG money and then the wasting of the SMG money on JJ’s signings was the start of our problems financially. 

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

And Mourinho has never parked the bus has he? Hughes, Mourinho and Levein - 3 dinosaurs? 

Selkirkhmfc1874

A know it's a results driven business but surely our head coach should be setting out the team to entertain the hearts fans and have a go at the opposition?? The negative defensive formation tactics etc going to drive fans away 

1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

I think he did, due to Billy Davies saying he didn't have the guts to do the job. But him getting the job just because he wanted it, that's not the way to run a football club, he's not done enough in the game to earn that kind of sway

We are stuck with him. That's the sad thing about it. It'll be klaxons and bull sheet at the start of the season and them the same football next season.  He's internationally known for his negative football and that will never change.  Repeating myself here but we can't blow the opportunity to progress with the new stand.  This style of football will drive and keep folk away   It's tragic the chance we are blowing.

All roads lead to Gorgie

I am yet to renew my ST and I have to admit performances and tactics like today are making the decision hard right now! 

Signing St Johnstone players in the twilight of their average careers is another sticking point for a lot of people and it will have to work or Levein is toast!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

And Mourinho has never parked the bus has he? Hughes, Mourinho and Levein - 3 dinosaurs? 

Not sure what you mean. Personally I don't believe we do park the bus. A low paced passing game squeezing the game into a narrow area without the ball. It's a low percentage return though

maroonlegions

See there is a high % of low post count posters on this thread and ones i have never heard off.

:smuggy:

Bizzarre substitutions though.

9 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Yes, all signed by JJ and mostly duds. Long time ago though so most fans forget that Pieman taking the SMG money and then the wasting of the SMG money on JJ’s signings was the start of our problems financially. 

This was a major contributing factor. Robinson couldn't control Jefferies, who had an insatiable appetite for signings players 

Wasting of the SMG monies was frankly a scandal. One that JJ was absolved of any responsibility by many fans due to May 98 

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Not sure what you mean. Personally I don't believe we do park the bus. A low paced passing game squeezing the game into a narrow area without the ball. It's a low percentage return though

We don't park the bus. We just don't have a driver!!

3 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Speaking personally I am obviously not happy when we lose, however I get over it very quickly these days. I am talking within minutes. 

Never used to be the case. I used to go daft.

Nowadays it's because I have many more important things to do with my life than lose my shit over a game of football.

This.

Used to go to virtually all games home and away throughout the 90s and defeats would really get me down.  We had some seriously shit teams at times and it was only gallows humour that kept us going.

I think the problem on here are the fans that came  on board post 98 and have seen 3 cup wins and even reaching Champions League qualifiers.  I don't think these people realise where the club is now post Romanov and why we can never return to those days of overspending.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Blind faith is the only reason to believe it will get better. In the summer we'll sign a few unheard of journeyman from Europe and we'll be told to see them in action before we judge. They will inevitably be shite and the we'll be told to wait until January when we can rebuild the squad. We'll have a few solid results at home and some shocking displays away. We'll settle in 4th or 5th and the same arguments will go round and round and round. The manager doesn't have the nerve to change things on the pitch and the owner doesn't have the nerve to change things off it. Caution and abdication of responsibility from top to bottom. All so predictable. 

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Similar to parking the bus. Gives theball and  initiative to the opposition, hold them in, hit on the break. 

I have backed him up until now because I don’t think we should be changing coaches every five minutes but enough is enough, today was a disgrace - I’m reluctant to renew unless he gets booted.

Our current team is dead in the water and we need a new approach. There is absolutely no reason to wait until Xmas, for example - what is going to change by then? 

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, Elmore said:

We are stuck with him. That's the sad thing about it. It'll be klaxons and bull sheet at the start of the season and them the same football next season.  He's internationally known for his negative football and that will never change.  Repeating myself here but we can't blow the opportunity to progress with the new stand.  This style of football will drive and keep folk away   It's tragic the chance we are blowing.

That's the worst thing, if he wanted he could change that system. He must know he is joke figure but he doesn't seem to want to change. All down to stubbornness, his stubbornness reminds me of Ian Cathro. In truth if I was Levein right now I would resign and let the board find a replacement

1 hour ago, XB52 said:

Another defeat and the roasters appear. That was really poor today but our squad is really poor. Levein is going nowhere so you can throw your toys out the pram all you want.

Roasters? It's the fans that are getting roasted with that push and have been for over two year.  What in his record makes you think he deserves next season. We need someone who knows what a winning mentality is. I think I've wasted a post responding to an idiot who thinks other fans are roasters.  

2 minutes ago, Spencer said:

This was a major contributing factor. Robinson couldn't control Jefferies, who had an insatiable appetite for signings players 

Wasting of the SMG monies was frankly a scandal. One that JJ was absolved of any responsibility by many fans due to May 98 

Exactly, when indeed he is one of the main culprits in our financial demise that opened the door for Romanov. 

GorgieRules22
15 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

There playing Chelsea, we were playing a shite Rangers side.

shaun.lawson
23 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Do you also give him credit for Simpson and Petric? 

Show me a manager anywhere who has never made bad signings. 

1 minute ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Soton players much better than ours. 

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Exactly, when indeed he is one of the main culprits in our financial demise that opened the door for Romanov. 

Robinson should have controlled him though. I'm informed by an impeccable source that JJ basically bullied Robinson 

rudi must stay
Just now, GorgieRules22 said:

And the same outcome. A goal right after half time as the opposition manager goes 'they don't even want to score' or something like that. You have to atleast pretend you want to score

Just now, shaun.lawson said:

Show me a manager anywhere who has never made bad signings. 

They all make lots of bad signings so why should Levein be any different? 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
12 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Speaking personally I am obviously not happy when we lose, however I get over it very quickly these days. I am talking within minutes. 

Never used to be the case. I used to go daft.

Nowadays it's because I have many more important things to do with my life than lose my shit over a game of football.

In the same place Jonno. Disappointment that we have  not tried something more adventurous with nothing to lose. 

The teams that are still competing for something all won. Today just a symptom of the season that was started in reverse. Would like to believe we will show more ambition on the road next season but being honest couldn't be confident 

shaun.lawson
21 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Niemi and Tomaschek were good signings; Simpson and Petric were bad signings. However, it's the board which put the club into serious trouble - because the board idiotically assumed SMG would convert their loan stock, and Robinson even put pressure on JJ to make signings before Christmas. 

As well as being a tremendous manager, is your argument that Jim Jefferies was supposed to run the club financially too? Never mind that over the period of his time at the club, he made a substantial profit in net transfers.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

You could argue on scale a shite Chelsea side they should have beat last week 

shaun.lawson
12 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

They all make lots of bad signings so why should Levein be any different? 

The good have to substantially outnumber the bad. JJ effectively built not one, but (Beattie the only exception) two Scottish Cup winning sides. 

Hearts, under Levein as DoF since early last season, and Levein as manager now, haven't got results at all - considerably because bad signings have substantially outnumbered good ones.

3 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Robinson should have controlled him though. I'm informed by an impeccable source that JJ basically bullied Robinson 

He did. Carries more of the financial than most fans are willing to accept. Indeed some have today suggested bringing him back as DoF.  Staggering!!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

And the same outcome. A goal right after half time as the opposition manager goes 'they don't even want to score' or something like that. You have to atleast pretend you want to score

I know. Not defending Levein today simply demonstrates that it'll be a common tactic for managers

2 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Niemi and Tomaschek were good signings; Simpson and Petric were bad signings. However, it's the board which put the club into serious trouble - because the board idiotically assumed SMG would convert their loan stock, and Robinson even put pressure on JJ to make signings before Christmas. 

As well as being a tremendous manager, is your argument that Jim Jefferies was supposed to run the club financially too? Never mind that over the period of his time at the club, he made a substantial profit in net transfers.

JJ put lots of pressure on Robinson to spend money we didnt have. Sadly he caved in. I blame both. Les Deans was the only sensible head in the Boardroom but was over-powered. 

shaun.lawson
13 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Robinson couldn't control Jefferies, who had an insatiable appetite for signings players

This shit's really funny. What - you mean like managers throughout the world of football demand signings? Yet it was impossible for the Chairman to say 'no'?

Said Chairman did say 'no' in March 1998, when a couple of additions could've won us the league. Said Chairman also made a point of boasting about the SMG deal and telling the press how much was available for new signings: instantly bumping up asking prices from every other club. 

11 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Blind faith is the only reason to believe it will get better. In the summer we'll sign a few unheard of journeyman from Europe and we'll be told to see them in action before we judge. They will inevitably be shite and the we'll be told to wait until January when we can rebuild the squad. We'll have a few solid results at home and some shocking displays away. We'll settle in 4th or 5th and the same arguments will go round and round and round. The manager doesn't have the nerve to change things on the pitch and the owner doesn't have the nerve to change things off it. Caution and abdication of responsibility from top to bottom. All so predictable. 

That's the way to do it Eldar.  Invent some negative hypothesis and elaborate on it to keep the pot boiling.  So far our 2 FoC signings are British born and based.

shaun.lawson
4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

JJ put lots of pressure on Robinson to spend money we didnt have. Sadly he caved in. I blame both. Les Deans was the only sensible head in the Boardroom but was over-powered. 

That's not true either. After Les Deans resigned, he demanded JJ be given more money for players. 

1 minute ago, shaun.lawson said:

Niemi was a superb signing and Tomaschek was good but we ended up releasing him due to injury so no money recouped.  I am not sure what it cost to release Petric was but the £500k transfer fee was lost before you take that into account.

As posted above - I think the management of the finances and SMG loan stock was unacceptable.  It wasn't JJ's role to run the finances but he should have been told "no" when money wasn't available.

The fact was that with all those signings our team still had an awful season.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

That's the way to do it Eldar.  Invent some negative hypothesis and elaborate on it to keep the pot boiling.  So far our 2 FoC signings are British born and based.

Well, we'll just have to wait and see. Which has been the calling card of Hearts fans over the past few season. "Wait and see".

7 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Don’t remember the substantial profit on transfers but happy to be proved wrong. My memory is we signed countless players, mostly on big money, and very few of them left for a big fee,  Fergus being possibly the biggest. Adam, Flogel, Noemi, Rousset, Tomascek,  very expensive with virtually no sell-on fees. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

That's not true either. After Les Deans resigned, he demanded JJ be given more money for players. 

All in the past , it's the here and now that matters 

HeartofHartley

I'd like anyone to come forward and explain to me without saying "I don't care about Hibs" why on earth do we as a club, fanbase and as a board accept that style of football? 

People are paying 30 odd quid to go and watch their team play non-football.

It might actually be hard for some of the maroon tinted weirdos in our support to understand but if you have any hobby pals like I do then the joy and excitement they feel at this moment (even though it pains me) is what supporting your club is all about. They are miles ahead of us to the point where I dread playing them and you know how and why? 

Stability, good core of players, GOOD F-ING SCOUTS NOT YOUTUBE WAGE THEIVES, and above all a manager that wants to please his support and play FOOTBALL the way it should be played. 

Now if an under budget hibs can do that and a miles under budget Killie can then it is embarrassingly unacceptable for Hearts to make any excuse as to why we will not be challenging 3rd by this time next year.....

Oh wait....

We don't have a manager, we have an outdated imbecile in charge. 

shaun.lawson
5 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Maybe I am older and wiser at 61

61?! You must be the most potty mouthed sexagenarian on planet Earth. Respect to you Sir. :thumb: 

4 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Maybe, but he was the only board member who didnt agree with taking the SMG money because it was a dodgy deal. 

Archived