Potential signings in January

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

43 minutes ago, o1djambo said:

Fact. From agent Alan Preston on BBC sportsound

I heard him mention it on radio about 2 weeks ago when we were still in the firing line of the pundits.

To be fair to Hearts, maybe we already had plans to promote Moore and McDonald?

McDonald has maybe been a late and unexpected introduction (I know he played on the right but is left footed) but would Barker have just been an unneeded hurdle for them?

I think we have more pressing issues in other areas of the team.

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tynecastlesmychurch

Apologies if this has already been suggested but if Jamie Walker is free to speak to other clubs now I'd hope we would be doing the same thing. For example Liam Henderson is out of contract in the summer. I'd hope we'd be talking to him. 

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Are you saying Preston is Barker's agent?

From the Sportsound conversation it would appear to be as it was fact not conjecture. 

4 hours ago, o1djambo said:

From the Sportsound conversation it would appear to be as it was fact not conjecture. 

That's not what I asked.

Brick Tamland
22 minutes ago, Rents said:

Barker is getting found out he is a no trick pony. Don't let that get in the way of Levien bashing though.

FTFY

David Templeton would be a great signing IMO. Pace and trickery, knows the club and is likely to play well (is a good fit). If not starting then he gives you a great attacking option coming off the bench.

13 hours ago, Robbo Is God said:

I don't rate Wilson or Rossi at LB. left sided centre back, yes but not LB. 

Hey, Patrice Evra is a free agent ?

Wilson and Rossi filling in at LB would only be behind Eckersley in a list of our best to worst LBs over the last few years. McHattie would come after them then Rherras. The others aren't even worth listing.

The main issue with them though is they're no great shakes going forward but right now I'd take any solid, reliable defender at LB and both of them fit the bill. I actually thought Wilson was a much better LB than CB and Rossi was just an overall solid performer.

6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Temps, mcginn, o'halloran, o'hara.. All getable we'd be different team all ound 

Would be excellent signings. I would add liam Henderson and Glen Kamara to that list 

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, the_jailer said:

Would be excellent signings. I would add liam Henderson and Glen Kamara to that list 

Henderson is a good player.. I kind of have him in the 'hates hearts' category though.  

Did he not play for us when he was a kid

Holyrood_Hearts
18 hours ago, Deans Jambo said:

That a fact is it or just unsubstantiated rumour?

I think Michael Stewart mentioned it on Sportsound weeks ago. 

22 hours ago, JamboAl said:

From the same club as we got our injured LB.  We also have Randall on loan from down south.

I would not listen to too much to what Biscuits says.

I actually think Randall has been one of our best players in the last few games.I know he started poorly but has really come onto a game. Hopefully that continues today. I hear what you're saying but I still think we should get a full time scout to cover down south

23 minutes ago, jambotony said:

I actually think Randall has been one of our best players in the last few games.I know he started poorly but has really come onto a game. Hopefully that continues today. I hear what you're saying but I still think we should get a full time scout to cover down south

Randall is playing well as he's been  played in his natural position.

no coincidence that his other best game at murrayfield v Aberdeen he played rb also.

this square pegs in round holes shit doesn't work!!

sometimes injury etc it's necessary(like today) but if you can play guys in their natural position you have to.

avhudtheteeshirt

Talk in the papers this morning, we are looking at Dundee keeper Bain.

Frozen out at Dundee and would be a good addition!!!

20 hours ago, CJGJ said:

We need to strengthen but let's strengthen in the right positions

Left back is a priority, a centre back would be nice for back up , a midfielder and if we are lucky a wide player with pace.

However lets be honest we need to empty some of the current squad as well 

I've heard that all the outstanding work

on the new stand is puT on hold until after January and the funds used for that is going to The player fund. We need a new players imo

Two full backs , a whole midfield inc wingers and a striker 

also need a goalie as McLaughlin is leaving so Alan McGregor would do for me 

9 minutes ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

Talk in the papers this morning, we are looking at Dundee keeper Bain.

Frozen out at Dundee and would be a good addition!!!

Not sure about him

43 minutes ago, jambotony said:

Not a Randall fan at all. His touch is horrible , distribution torture and doesn't get forward enough for me.

when he does get forward his instinct is that to come inside. He needs to go on the  outside and get balls across the box 

On 14/12/2017 at 18:10, HillmanHearts said:

While I like Crawford based on his performances against us and bits & bobs on TV, I don't think he is a top priority type signing for this window.

He would be a handy player to have around mind as he scores a good few from midfield and can link things up in tight spaces.  

But we need a Left back, a powerhouse in midfield and some pace in the flanks more.

Agreed 

26 minutes ago, DennisH2005 said:

Not a Randall fan at all. His touch is horrible , distribution torture and doesn't get forward enough for me.

when he does get forward his instinct is that to come inside. He needs to go on the  outside and get balls across the box 

Totally disagree on Randall. Gets forward a lot and plays nice triangles with midfielders, his distribution and running are both sons. He also contributed well in midfield, but this is overlooked because of the shite performance by the whole team in the derby.

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, socrates82 said:

Wilson and Rossi filling in at LB would only be behind Eckersley in a list of our best to worst LBs over the last few years. McHattie would come after them then Rherras. The others aren't even worth listing.

The main issue with them though is they're no great shakes going forward but right now I'd take any solid, reliable defender at LB and both of them fit the bill. I actually thought Wilson was a much better LB than CB and Rossi was just an overall solid performer.

Rossi at lb and CP at RB was pretty dominating.

4 hours ago, Ryder said:

Totally disagree on Randall. Gets forward a lot and plays nice triangles with midfielders, his distribution and running are both sons. He also contributed well in midfield, but this is overlooked because of the shite performance by the whole team in the derby.

Well I tell you what - the lad was the best player on the pitch today ! He was terrific at full back and never put a foot wrong today. What a great team performance 

LarrysRightFoot

Keeping Randall is starting to become a priority.

I know we singed Smith - who I like but Randall has to be first choice RB at the moment.

1 minute ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Keeping Randall is starting to become a priority.

I know we singed Smith - who I like but Randall has to be first choice RB at the moment.

What a difference in the lad that turned up months ago you can see why he came through Liverpool's ranks 

Archived