Paterson at Cardiff ( merged )

kila

5 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

Calm yersel, Austin. :lol: 

:cornette:

Sorry my use of a word means i need to calm down. Pretty good finish from a supposed RB.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Kiwidoug

• kila

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Lovecraft said:

****ing Boom!

Cracking strike.

Not bad celebration too.

Calm down mate, getting a bit excited there, the guys on KB would put it away with their weak foot, blindfolded and pished.

Just now, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Calm down mate, getting a bit excited there, the guys on KB would put it away with their weak foot, blindfolded and pished.

:-)

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Not all of us?  Well done Callum.  Brilliant.

Mo is on fire some player. The Egyptian Messi

oops wrong thread! 

Edited by Dannie Boy

33 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Mo is on fire some player. The Egyptian Messi

oops wrong thread! 

Couldn’t lace Paterson’s boots. ?

BBC quite complimentary about him in the updates. Said the goal was a "pearler" and then posted this:

"Oof that did not look good. Tom Huddlestone almost takes the head off Callum Paterson as the Derby man tries to get a foot onto an inswinging delivery into the box.

Paterson is hard as nails and gets up sharpish and shakes it off." 

Very true! 

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

The Cardiff sphincter seems to be on the point of collapsing....

Has been for a few weeks. I think Fulham will pip them to 2nd.

4 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

If Cardiff get to the play off final at Wembley are we running a bus?

Not my job to spend other people's money but if that is to happen I would love to think 200 or so Jambos might be there to bond with the Cardiff crowd and support Callum.

8 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Not my job to spend other people's money but if that is to happen I would love to think 200 or so Jambos might be there to bond with the Cardiff crowd and support Callum.

:muggy: Not sure if serious here.  

13 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

I think you could be right.

Warnock is a Grade 1 prick into the bargain. 

This would make my season. Horrible team , horrible manager, 

I think it would be better for us if Cardiff stay where they are.

No chance of staying up in the premier league.

Does the business again in the championship,that would increase his value more than a struggling season in the premiership.

Watt-Zeefuik

He very nearly bottled that, but at least made something of it in the end.

The celebration I mean. At first I thought he was just going to stand there. The butt-waggle at least showed a little bit of effort, but he's really fallen off the standard we came to expect of him.

6 hours ago, benny said:

I think it would be better for us if Cardiff stay where they are.

No chance of staying up in the premier league.

Does the business again in the championship,that would increase his value more than a struggling season in the premiership.

Agreed!! Cardiff would struggle and CP would likely see much less game time.

A storming, 15 goal season next year in the Championship is our best bet for a decent transfer sell on fee.

Delighted to see him doing so well but would rather have some extra cash to spunk on more hasbeens and neverbeens!

41 minutes ago, Shrekeo said:

Agreed!! Cardiff would struggle and CP would likely see much less game time.

A storming, 15 goal season next year in the Championship is our best bet for a decent transfer sell on fee.

Delighted to see him doing so well but would rather have some extra cash to spunk on more hasbeens and neverbeens!

Paterson will still be a beast physicality wise in the prem. Cardiff’s more technical players will no longer be standouts. If there’s anyone that will score a decent amount of goals it would be him I’d say. The scrappy type or type won through sheer power or athletic ability. 

It should have been ten
On 24/04/2018 at 20:16, john5698 said:

He just scored a cracking first time volley, his goals and his energy are sorely missed.

Spot on ?

It should have been ten
On 24/04/2018 at 20:15, jambomjm74 said:

Fact that our form dropped when Patterson got injured. 2nd in the league too.... blame Cathro / blame levein but Patterson was and is a class act 

Absolutely this 

An observation on Paterson - his scoring record is brilliant but one thing I’ve just checked is that he hasn’t completed more than 62% of his passes in any game for Cardiff (I went back to February). Quite often he completes between 30-50%. Probably down to the style Cardiff have a reputation for playing (long over short ) but I was surprised at how low his completion rate was. 

21 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

So Cardiff win today means a win at home to Reading next Sunday 6 May 12.30pm and they are promoted. 

Not a walkover though. Reading need something from the game as well to be safe. 

Guest Paul Allen

Congrats to Callum on another win today. I was at the game. He put himself about in his typical all-action style playing centre mid. He almost injured himself landing awkwardly in literally the first minute of the match!

As an aside, what an eye-opener it was to see how English football is YEARS ahead of us in terms of stadium facilities, atmosphere and quality on the pitch.

1 hour ago, Paul Allen said:

Congrats to Callum on another win today. I was at the game. He put himself about in his typical all-action style playing centre mid. He almost injured himself landing awkwardly in literally the first minute of the match!

As an aside, what an eye-opener it was to see how English football is YEARS ahead of us in terms of stadium facilities, atmosphere and quality on the pitch.

Thanks for the report.  Cardiff has been the highlight of the weekend for me for several weeks now.

Love to see Callum grab a couple against Reading.

Greedy!

8 hours ago, King prawn said:

An observation on Paterson - his scoring record is brilliant but one thing I’ve just checked is that he hasn’t completed more than 62% of his passes in any game for Cardiff (I went back to February). Quite often he completes between 30-50%. Probably down to the style Cardiff have a reputation for playing (long over short ) but I was surprised at how low his completion rate was. 

I appreciate my opinion is going to be in the minority on this but I'm not the least bit surprised by your stats. Cardiff games seem to be live on TV virtually every week just now and Patterson runs around like a headless chicken in most of the games I've watched. I know he's scored a few goals in the Championship but that league is his absolute maximum level. He simply doesn't have the quality to play in the Premier League if Cardiff get there. That's not a criticism - neither do I have the quality - but it is a reality.

I do agree Cardiff might have more of a challenge in adapting to life in the Premier League, if they make it. 

But overall promoted teams have done pretty well in recent years. There are a few Premiership clubs who might just stay up this year but are struggling and would be bigger candidates to go down. Warnock has done better at getting teams promoted but has good experience. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Captain Canada
15 hours ago, newbie said:

I appreciate my opinion is going to be in the minority on this but I'm not the least bit surprised by your stats. Cardiff games seem to be live on TV virtually every week just now and Patterson runs around like a headless chicken in most of the games I've watched. I know he's scored a few goals in the Championship but that league is his absolute maximum level. He simply doesn't have the quality to play in the Premier League if Cardiff get there. That's not a criticism - neither do I have the quality - but it is a reality.

I understand what you're saying but I think he'll do well in the Premier League if Cardiff go up. His workrate and goal threat make up for his lack of technical ability. There are far worse players playing their trade in the top flight already. 

15 hours ago, newbie said:

I watch Cardiff live a lot as I live 10 minutes from the stadium. I said this as soon as he signed, he cant be trusted with the ball at his feet. There is no way in hell he is a premier league centre midfielder. He is honking at keeping the ball but his engine and physicality make up for this. Almost all his goals are finishes where only touch is a shot. Folk keep saying 'there are far worse players plying their trade in the top flight' or words to that degree. My question is who? Show me a central midfielder in the premier league with passing stats like his, who gives the ball away as much.  

Love him as a player but he is 100% Championship quality. 

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

I do agree Cardiff might have more of a challenge in adapting to life in the Premier League, if they make it. 

But overall promoted teams have done pretty well in recent years. There are a few Premiership clubs who might just stay up this year but are struggling and would be bigger candidates to go down. Warnock has done better at getting teams promoted but has good experience. 

We'll get ****ing bummed over 38 games. We're a long ball team who arent that big and have next to no experience in the premier league. this season has surprised everyone, apart from my mate who has £100 on Cardiff to go up. 

Next year will be fun but we will receive some absolute hammerings. 

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, The Brow said:

I watch Cardiff live a lot as I live 10 minutes from the stadium. I said this as soon as he signed, he cant be trusted with the ball at his feet. There is no way in hell he is a premier league centre midfielder. He is honking at keeping the ball but his engine and physicality make up for this. Almost all his goals are finishes where only touch is a shot. Folk keep saying 'there are far worse players plying their trade in the top flight' or words to that degree. My question is who? Show me a central midfielder in the premier league with passing stats like his, who gives the ball away as much.  

Love him as a player but he is 100% Championship quality. 

possibly, but he is effective.

A team can play to different strengths. 

championship is a decent level but if he's in the midfield for them next season in the Epl Cardiff will have problems you'd have thought.

sairyinthat

Strong fav for young player of year judging by their forum and currently one goal from the top of Cardiffs leading goalscoring chart,idolised.

Mikey1874
2 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

Strong fav for young player of year judging by their forum and currently one goal from the top of Cardiffs leading goalscoring chart,idolised.

Examples from Twitter