Even More SNP Nonsense

Stuart Lyon

deesidejambo

It's not just the SNP that support indy. Other intelligent lifeforms also do too.

Some real closeted minds with the you subservient folk.

Indeed but you seem to forget that some who vote SNP for Westminster don't want Indy.

Closed minds eh?

Good luck with your 60%.

Nicola has blown it.

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Space Mackerel

• deesidejambo

• Pans Jambo

• JamboX2

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Roxy Hearts

Indeed but you seem to forget that some who vote SNP for Westminster don't want Indy.

Closed minds eh?

Good luck with your 60%.

Nicola has blown it.

And some who vote for other parties want indy and closeted as in can't think out the box or in most cases believe propaganda.

Seymour M Hersh

First cult then I've known where members had the freedom to vote against their leaders.

Unionists aim is the degradation of Scotland. Imagine choosing to be an English shill rather than wanting to control your own affairs.

You need professional help.

I don't think Sturgeon had much option, really.  She now has to concentrate even more on "the day job".

Who knows, perhaps a shambolic Brexit will aid a second indy ref?  However, the time scales are tight for the SNP, as I doubt they will get the same minority/Green assisted majority at the next Holyrood elections.

They will still be the largest party, I think, but would Labour and Tory form a coalition?  Surely not...

It's not just the SNP that support indy. Other intelligent lifeforms also do too.

Some real closeted minds with the you subservient folk.

your probably right that those supporting independence from outwith the SNP showed some form of intelligence as the SNP never actually offered independence, only swapping Westminster for berlin brussels

I don't think Sturgeon had much option, really. She now has to concentrate even more on "the day job".

Who knows, perhaps a shambolic Brexit will aid a second indy ref? However, the time scales are tight for the SNP, as I doubt they will get the same minority/Green assisted majority at the next Holyrood elections.

They will still be the largest party, I think, but would Labour and Tory form a coalition? Surely not...

Nothing has really changed though.

Thunderstruck

The SNP have 37% of the vote. They need around 60% to realistically pursue Indy.

They will never get it and at the next GE Labour may well continue their recovery and pummel the SNP in the Central belt seats.

Nicola blew it. Big time.

Indeed. She certainly miscalculated badly and failed to read the mood of the country on Brexit and a second referendum. She would be calling for a resignation if it was anyone else.

Their support has gone from 37% of the electorate to 37% of the vote and that is a clear downward trajectory by any sensible reckoning. In fact, it is the third vote in succession where the SNP has seen a downturn or reversal in fortune.

The next GE will most likely see a return of a Labour Government and pop goes the anti-Tory protest element of their support.

The same old tired arguments.

and now for the same old un answered questions

what exactly did they offer then ?

Nothing has really changed though.

I guess not, in that the SNP will always want independence.  No great surprise there!

Post brexit will be the acid test.

You've had three years to learn the difference.  If you don't understand by now, then it's a lost cause.

another un answered question

Seymour M Hersh

Scotland needs professional help having the likes of you willingly see it suffer so long as the SNP receive a kick.

The people making Scotland suffer are your beloved cult with La Sturgeon at the helm. Life must be good in Belgium though so I'm alright Jack eh?

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

I guess not, in that the SNP will always want independence. No great surprise there!

Post brexit will be the acid test.

2018 will not be the end of Brexit therefore they've not delayed it that far at all.

I agree though the test is now to be "out the UK v in the EU" or "in the UK v out the EU".

I actually think, given accession criteria that could be a very tough fight for the SNP.

But this "reset" means hee-haw imo

SwindonJambo

2018 will not be the end of Brexit therefore they've not delayed it that far at all.

I agree though the test is now to be "out the UK v in the EU" or "in the UK v out the EU".

I actually think, given accession criteria that could be a very tough fight for the SNP.

But this "reset" means hee-haw imo

Spot on about the accession criteria. Scotland would have to be outside the EU for a few years so that its Real World Budget Deficit could be accurately measured whilst actually on its own. That would remove all opinion on the contentious GERS figures. If the latter are accurate, then big tax rises and/or deep spending cuts would be needed to meet the Maximum Budget Deficit requirements. The GERS figures (which are produced by the Scottish Government and published on its own website) currently put Scotland in a weaker position than Greece.

While I'd hope that a meaner, leaner Scotland would eventually emerge after the necessary Tax hikes and cuts were made, a lengthy periodof a great deal of pain would have to be endured to get there, with the poor, as is invariably the case, taking most of the pain.

Space Mackerel

NHS Scotland need help I see after Sturgone;s governments focus on Indy2

"Sturgone"

:lol:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Trapper John McIntyre

"Sturgone"

:lol:

Hopefully pretty soon.

Roxy Hearts

I found the election a bit weird. My wife doesn't support indy but voted SNP. Not sure why and normally doesn't tell me.

We live in Edinburgh West and always been an on off Lib Dem thing in this area. Don't know why as they're hopeless with no policies. I think a lot of them liked Gorrie from the past. Keep on changing their minds them folks. Don't understand it.

Edited by Roxy Hearts

I found the election a bit weird. My wife doesn't support indy but voted SNP. Not sure why and normally doesn't tell me.

We live in Edinburgh West and always been an on off Lib Dem thing in this area. Don't know why as they're hopeless with no policies. I think a lot of them liked Gorrie from the past. Keep on changing their minds them folks. Don't understand it.

My folks did it traditionally to "keep the Tory out". Then with Gorrie and Barrett helping with schooling issues for my sister - she had a learning disability few local schools could properly deal with - they backed those two candidates. Crockart was their choice because "he keeps you up to date with his work". My mum backed the SNP in 2015. But in 2017 she backed the Liberals again. She said it was because she thought they'd lost touch in the two years since the post-indy 'Sturge' and because as a teacher she feels they've botched education plus the pay freeze is starting to bite with inflation.

Interestingly she never voted SNP at Holyrood in 2011 or 2016. Education being cited twice.

Anecdotal I grant you. But a take on it from fellow Edinburgh westers.

Space Mackerel

Hopefully pretty soon.

Brilliant John, utter brilliant!

Give that man a cigar someone, please!!!

First cult then I've known where members had the freedom to vote against their leaders.

Unionists aim is the degradation of Scotland. Imagine choosing to be an English shill rather than wanting to control your own affairs.

Please explain to me in what way would an independent Scotland within the context of the EU  be able to

control 'your own affairs'?

Less autonomy that individual American states is the reality.

But let's not let reality dilute the rhetoric.

Edited by alfajambo

Roxy Hearts

Please explain to me in what way would an independent Scotland within the context of the EU be able to

control 'your own affairs'?

Less autonomy that individual American states is the reality.

But let's not let reality dilute the rhetoric.

Does Britain control its own affairs? Can we have the same control as them. London controls more of Scotland for goodness sake grow up!

Roxy Hearts

My folks did it traditionally to "keep the Tory out". Then with Gorrie and Barrett helping with schooling issues for my sister - she had a learning disability few local schools could properly deal with - they backed those two candidates. Crockart was their choice because "he keeps you up to date with his work". My mum backed the SNP in 2015. But in 2017 she backed the Liberals again. She said it was because she thought they'd lost touch in the two years since the post-indy 'Sturge' and because as a teacher she feels they've botched education plus the pay freeze is starting to bite with inflation.

Interestingly she never voted SNP at Holyrood in 2011 or 2016. Education being cited twice.

Anecdotal I grant you. But a take on it from fellow Edinburgh westers.

Lib Dems are irrelevant and always have been. I presume they maybe had a decent MP in the past but definitely not Crockart. Man was an utter buffoon.

Does Britain control its own affairs? Can we have the same control as them. London controls more of Scotland for goodness sake grow up!

No, the British government  increasingly does not control the countries affairs.

That's why many voted to leave the EU.

Anyway deflection tactics, don't  detract from the truth.

Roxy Hearts

No, the British government increasingly does not control the countries affairs.

That's why many voted to leave the EU.

Anyway deflection tactics, don't detract from the truth.

If Scotland becomes independent do we have more control of our own affairs or not?

If Scotland becomes independent do we have more control of our own affairs or not?

you weren't offered independence, you were offered swapping Westminster for Brussels. the Scottish people chose Westminster, get over it, you lost.

Roxy Hearts

you weren't offered independence, you were offered swapping Westminster for Brussels. the Scottish people chose Westminster, get over it, you lost.

Childish nonsense as per usual. Who's you ya......

Lib Dems are irrelevant and always have been. I presume they maybe had a decent MP in the past but definitely not Crockart. Man was an utter buffoon.

The party has a reputation for good local candidates. Which the SNP don't in the area after Thomson. That from the outside looking in appears to have played a major part.

Equally, who cares the size or clout of a party? If folk think they represent their intetests best they'll back them.

The seat is a largely suburban one with a high density of professional, middle class voters. LibDems tick a lot of boxes in those circles.

Roxy Hearts

The party has a reputation for good local candidates. Which the SNP don't in the area after Thomson. That from the outside looking in appears to have played a major part.

Equally, who cares the size or clout of a party? If folk think they represent their intetests best they'll back them.

The seat is a largely suburban one with a high density of professional, middle class voters. LibDems tick a lot of boxes in those circles.

I liked Thomson, it was the press with the usual SNP bad put her on a hiding to nothing.

The last part is typical pigeonholing but then again this is expected with Unionists. Propaganda rules.

Imagine if every media outlet supported independence or at least gave a balanced view. Fickle and feeble in GB land.

Seymour M Hersh

That was of course falsely saying that Scotland would still be in the EU or at worst would be welcomed with open arms by Brussels anyone suggesting otherwise (i.e the reality of the situation) was branded preposterous by Nippy and fat Alex..  However your basic point is absolutely correct. 

That was of course falsely saying that Scotland would still be in the EU or at worst would be welcomed with open arms by Brussels anyone suggesting otherwise (i.e the reality of the situation) was branded preposterous by Nippy and fat Alex..  However your basic point is absolutely correct. 

That shite gets on my onions.

Currently:

Brussels = 5% of the power

Westminster = 50% of the power

How would swapping Brussels for Westminster be anything like 'a swap'?

I will swap you my ?5 note for ?50 if you want???

EDIT: & dont talk shite about Scotland NOT being welcomed by Europe (if Scotland decided that it did in fact WANT to be part of the EU - Thats SCOTLAND NOT the SNP). Belgium can get in but Scotland cant aye? We already line up in terms of laws and trade agreement etc. & lets not mention oil & fishing waters eh.

Scotland - Too wee to be part of anything unless its in the pocket of Westminster.

Edited by Pans Jambo

Seymour M Hersh

Currently:

EDIT: & dont talk shite about Scotland NOT being welcomed by Europe (if Scotland decided that it did in fact WANT to be part of the EU - Thats SCOTLAND NOT the SNP). Belgium can get in but Scotland cant aye? We already line up in terms of laws and trade agreement etc. & lets not mention oil & fishing waters eh.

Scotland - Too wee to be part of anything unless its in the pocket of Westminster.

Ha ha ha, you are certifiable pal! 

I liked Thomson, it was the press with the usual SNP bad put her on a hiding to nothing.

The last part is typical pigeonholing but then again this is expected with Unionists. Propaganda rules.

Imagine if every media outlet supported independence or at least gave a balanced view. Fickle and feeble in GB land.

You liked Thomson!

Whether what she did was illegal or not, it was a pretty despicable business targeting vulnerable cancer victims.

The SNP are well shot of her.

Currently:

Where do you get 5%?

EU law takes primacy above UK (& Scots law) and so impacts a lot more of our legislation than just 5%.  More like 75%.

Ask the Scottish Fishing Industry what EU rules & laws have done for it.

Funny, I thought it was the police investigation and withdrawal of the party whip that dented the SNP vote subsequently.

The Lib Dems send regular bulletins about local political affairs that keep the constituents updated.  The SNP did none of that.

I live in Edinburgh West and my whole family who also live in the constituency voted Lib Dems to ensure the SNP got booted out.  :thumbsup:

Bollocks on the last two btw. The seat is more affluent than others in Edinburgh and on its voting pattern elected 1 Lab MP in the 1920s and 1 SNP MP after that.

What difference would the media make. The Sunday Herald and a large number of commentators in other Scottish and UK papers supported Yes. Not to mention the "new Scottish media". The issue, when it came to it, was poor leadership in the campaign in part due to the hubris of Alex Salmond. As someone who voted Yes I honestly think Yes has itself to blame and no one else.

And Thomson's allegation was enough to tarnish her party in the area. Preceived wrong doing is as deadly to a brand as anything else - see Joyce and Labour in Falkirk for example.

Thunderstruck

Currently:

5% AFTER an independent Scotland gets into Europe - dream on. In your own inimitable fashion you will then be calling your new German masters "Eidechsen".

Want to remind us who has made Scottish Fishing Rights a "no go" area for trade off in Brexit discussions. Might it have been the Hon Colonel of 32 Signals Regiment?

Maybe that safeguard is more valuable to Scotland than the money given to N Ireland - who knows but it shows that the 13 Scottish Tories in the UK Government are able to hold the PM's feet to the fire over Scottish interests.

Where do you get 5%?

EU law takes primacy above UK (& Scots law) and so impacts a lot more of our legislation than just 5%.  More like 75%.

Ask the Scottish Fishing Industry what EU rules & laws have done for it.

Aye so the EU powers in the UK are 75% aye? Whats the point in Westminster or Holyrood if 75% of the country is ran by the EU?

?350M a week for the NHS though...

5% AFTER an independent Scotland gets into Europe - dream on. In your own inimitable fashion you will then be calling your new German masters "Eidechsen".

Want to remind us who has made Scottish Fishing Rights a "no go" area for trade off in Brexit discussions. Might it have been the Hon Colonel of 32 Signals Regiment?

Maybe that safeguard is more valuable to Scotland than the money given to N Ireland - who knows but it shows that the 13 Scottish Tories in the UK Government are able to hold the PM's feet to the fire over Scottish interests.

Priceless.

Even fluffy was too feart to ask for more cash. The PM dodged a direct question twice on that exact matter that tells you all you need to know about him and the other 12 self interested lizzard's influence.

Funny, I thought it was the police investigation and withdrawal of the party whip that dented the SNP vote subsequently.

The Lib Dems send regular bulletins about local political affairs that keep the constituents updated.  The SNP did none of that.

I live in Edinburgh West and my whole family who also live in the constituency voted Lib Dems to ensure the SNP got booted out.  :thumbsup:

The whip wasn't withdrawn, Thomson withdrew herself.  Police are investigating, but so far nothing on Thomson herself.

My folks stay in Edinburgh West, that's where I first voted, Lib Dem as it happens, for Gorrie in 1992.  Folks are staunch Lib Dem voters.

Did your family vote SNP previously in Edinburgh West, or indeed for any other party other than the lib Dems?

Bollocks on the last two btw. The seat is more affluent than others in Edinburgh and on its voting pattern elected 1 Lab MP in the 1920s and 1 SNP MP after that.

What difference would the media make. The Sunday Herald and a large number of commentators in other Scottish and UK papers supported Yes. Not to mention the "new Scottish media". The issue, when it came to it, was poor leadership in the campaign in part due to the hubris of Alex Salmond. As someone who voted Yes I honestly think Yes has itself to blame and no one else.

And Thomson's allegation was enough to tarnish her party in the area. Preceived wrong doing is as deadly to a brand as anything else - see Joyce and Labour in Falkirk for example.

Thunderstruck

Priceless.

Even fluffy was too feart to ask for more cash. The PM dodged a direct question twice on that exact matter that tells you all you need to know about him and the other 12 self interested lizzard's influence.

You really don't keep up to date with what is going on, do you. I suppose part of learning is an open mind so it is hardly a surprise.

You really don't keep up to date with what is going on, do you. I suppose part of learning is an open mind so it is hardly a surprise.

LIZZARDS

That something that never changes.

Currently:

since when did what scotland decide mean anything to the cult, we decided to be part of the union but no, the toys oot the pram brigade will just not stop greeting

since when did what scotland decide mean anything to the cult, we decided to be part of the union but no, the toys oot the pram brigade will just not stop greeting

reaths man. It's NEVER going to go away. NEVER. Until Indy is secured. Its a movement not a cult or a club or a party.

Indy will be won. Just look at the state of the tories mate! Another 5 years of that rabble along with the DUP and folk will be screaming to put their X in the YES box.

Its just a matter of time and you know it.

reaths man. It's NEVER going to go away. NEVER. Until Indy is secured. Its a movement not a cult or a club or a party.

Indy will be won. Just look at the state of the tories mate! Another 5 years of that rabble along with the DUP and folk will be screaming to put their X in the YES box.

Its just a matter of time and you know it.

its a bunch of greetin faced losers

I've never once voted for Sturgeon or the SNP. Doesn't tie in with your agenda though.

Scotland is hardly suffering, unionists are the most depressing and negative doom-mongers that's ever been shat into civilisation.

scotland is heading for recession, while the rest of the UK are doing alright. separatists are the most delusional nutters

Edited by reaths17

How much control do we have now, how much control would we have as independent and in the EU? Do the math.

what are you slavering about, show us the maths then, nobodies been able to decipher it reading the white paper.

Roxy Hearts

Your response is as expected. Thank you.

its a bunch of greetin faced losers

scotland is heading for recession, while the rest of the UK are doing alright. separatists are the most delusional nutters

Youre doing the greeting.

If we are that bad then just cut Scotland free. Then we will see who does alright.

What do you think the UK government has to lose?

Roxy Hearts

The Lib Dems send regular bulletins about local political affairs that keep the constituents updated. The SNP did none of that.

I live in Edinburgh West and my whole family who also live in the constituency voted Lib Dems to ensure the SNP got booted out. :thumbsup:

Good for you and your family. What has she been charged with and found guilty of?

Roxy Hearts

You liked Thomson!

Whether what she did was illegal or not, it was a pretty despicable business targeting vulnerable cancer victims.

The SNP are well shot of her.[/quote

]

I've had cancer too but I've never taken my political considerations to make any judgements. Horrible disease and the mental anguish is dreadful!

Why do we build nuclear weapons when we have people suffering? Michelle Thomson would rather we spent public money on the NHS than those warmongering playthings!

Edited by Roxy Hearts