Even More SNP Nonsense

Stuart Lyon

Maroon Sailor

She is a random individual (who states on her profile that she suffers from mental health issues), with less than 200 followers, who tweeted something stupid. Trying to score points from this and using it to criticise the SNP is pretty sick.

You believe she suffers from mental health issues ?

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Space Mackerel

• deesidejambo

• Pans Jambo

• JamboX2

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bowmans_Boot

You believe she suffers from mental health issues ?

I think using this to score political points is sick.

4h

Lesley Munro @latelesley

I'd look closer to home - I really suspect Govt involvment in this "attack", right at the time the Tory vote was slipping? Think about it.

are all the cultists this whacko, conspiracy theorists, alien chasers, god forbid they ever get full control

Edited by reaths17

I think using this to score political points is sick.

what was really sick was spaced oot posting pictures of jimmy saville as if child molesting was funny, just to score political points.

4h

Lesley Munro @latelesley

I'd look closer to home - I really suspect Govt involvment in this "attack", right at the time the Tory vote was slipping? Think about it.

There are no words to describe that tweet or what ever it is. Unbelievable that someone thinks like that. However seeing is believing.

3fingersreid

She is a random individual (who states on her profile that she suffers from mental health issues), with less than 200 followers, who tweeted something stupid. Trying to score points from this and using it to criticise the SNP is pretty sick.

I'm not criticising the party for anything , they will condemn it like every sane person will I actually think that her party leader will be less than happy with her and will hopefully be reprimanded .

That's the reason I stay out of this thread .

Bowmans_Boot

I'm not criticising the party for anything , they will condemn it like every sane person will I actually think that her party leader will be less than happy with her and will hopefully be reprimanded .

You posted that she represented the SNP: does she?

Id say it is more a case of uncaring individuals desperately seeking another way to criticise the SNP. This is totally inappropriate and sick.

Phil Dunphy

If she's a member of the SNP, then don't count on it.

Against party rules to publicly criticise any other member of the party.

Ibrahim Tall

Using a tweet from some complete and utter random about a horrific terrorist attack who just happens to vote SNP to score points? Really?

Maroon Sailor

Using a tweet from some complete and utter random about a horrific terrorist attack who just happens to vote SNP to score points? Really?

Yes she really did try to do EXACTLY that

Edited by Maroon Sailor

Ibrahim Tall

Yes she really did try to do EXACTLY that

Get a ****ing grip, she's a random loon and you're acting as bad as her. No sane and normal person in this country is feeling anything other than sadness or empathy for the victims, this isn't the time for petty party political nonsense.

Maroon Sailor

Get a ******* grip, she's a random loon and you're acting as bad as her. No sane and normal person in this country is feeling anything other than sadness or empathy for the victims, this isn't the time for petty party political nonsense.

It's you that needs to get a grip. You can't even condem her because she's a Nat

Ibrahim Tall

It's you that needs to get a grip. You can't even condem her because she's a Nat

Try re-reading what I've just said, she's a cretin and you're acting similarly now.

Bowmans_Boot

Try re-reading what I've just said, she's a cretin and you're acting similarly now.

This. It is totally pathetic and way out of order.

Maroon Sailor

Course she's a loon but you didn't come in to this because of that.

Maroon Sailor

Anyway she has deleted her tweet and apologised to everybody it offended

Maroon Sailor

Come in to what exactly?

Case closed - she's deleted the tweet

Not before time

However this is not nonsense. You actually see these things online as well. Police need a word with vile individual about the driving habits employed. Quite stiff penalties for using a phone whilst driving I believe.http://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/general-election/get-out-of-scotland-watch-tory-activists-harassed-on-street-1-4457902

https://vid.me/7ZWA

Space Cadets the lot of them.

Utterly indefensible and totally expected.

Edited by Dannie Boy

Bowmans_Boot

However this is not nonsense. You actually see these things online as well. Police need a word with vile individual about the driving habits employed. Quite stiff penalties for using a phone whilst driving I believe.http://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/general-election/get-out-of-scotland-watch-tory-activists-harassed-on-street-1-4457902

Utterly indefensible and totally expected.

This is totally unacceptable.

Utterly indefensible and totally expected.Ido

Shameful stuff this, hounding people like that because you do not agree with them.

Scotland under the separatists is rancid. Scottish nationalism is horrible.

Bowmans_Boot

Shameful stuff this, hounding people like that because you do not agree with them.

Scottish nationalism isnt horrible. Some people who attach themselves are horrible, the exact same as any other group.

jack D and coke

You must've forgotten the horrific hounding John Major received from labour supporters all over the uk encouraged by the Labour Party, much much worse. What was the excuse then?

You hate the snp, we get it but don't make things up.

jack D and coke

Imagine being so precious as to be offended by this.

Tory policies are killing innocent people, people have a right to shame them.

It's this unionist trait similar to footballers play acting again. Making out it was a horrendous foul and rolling about the deck in agony so the guy gets sent off.

Pitiful stuff.

jack D and coke

Aye, they actively seek grievance. During the referendum, there was only one side who participated in shameful acts.

They should search twitter for insults made to Nicola Sturgeon on a daily basis, they are shielded from it right now as they blithely follow the tripe that MSM feeds them.

Nicola Sturgeon gets horrendous abuse.

Probably deserves it though eh, being a nasty separatist :muggy:

Who was the Labour guy a few years ago that stood on the boxes all around Scotlands towns and was bullied and not allowed to speak either surrounded by baying mobs?

Targetted abuse and stuff thrown at him

Scottish nationalism is better than any other nationalism mind you.

Maroon Sailor

Who was the Labour guy a few years ago that stood on the boxes all around Scotlands towns and was bullied and not allowed to speak either surrounded by baying mobs?

Jim Murphy

Space Mackerel

Who was the leader of Labour in Scotland back in 2014 who has seen his party crash to around 15 % in the polls.

"Targeted abuse" "Stuff thrown at him" "Bullied" "Not allowed to speak" "Baying mobs"

Have a word drama queen.  A few angry words and an egg is the extent of your claim.

Read this if you want to understand the concept of abuse:

https://wingsoverscotland.com/the-side-of-the-thugs/

I was on Kirkcaldy High Street that day and everything you put in inverted commas happened. Your second paragraph is 100% wrong.

You clearly weren't.  If Jim Murphy is entitled to free speech, then so are others.  What I witnessed was an argument that increased vocally over time, with Murphy shouting louder than anyone else.

Choose to acuse me of being a liar if you want but you are now 100% wrong twice in a row.

Trapper John McIntyre

Choose to acuse me of being a liar if you want but you are now 100% wrong twice in a row.

Careful with him, Jarhead, he likes to call people liars until he's outed.

"Targeted abuse" "Stuff thrown at him" "Bullied" "Not allowed to speak" "Baying mobs"

Where?

As I said, reasonable response from the public and a wee egg. You clearly were not there. Grow up.

Why did all these people with "yes" banners and eggs turn up - was it just to listen to Jim Murphy ?

"A wee egg" - which of the 3 eggs was the wee one ?

It was in the middle of a town center.

Imagine getting so uppity about someone being hit by an egg. Yes supporters were assaulted up and down Scotland and you bleat on about a wee egg.

So they were just taking their banners out to the town centre for a walk - it was a complete coincidence that Jim Murphy was there ?

Which of the 3 eggs am I bleating on about ?

Edited by Doogz

Where?

As I said, reasonable response from the public and a wee egg.  You clearly were not there.  Grow up.

Where did you think all those oversized yes banners came from? They turned up in 4 vehicles covered in SNP/yes stickers and saltires, 2 of them pick ups with the banners in the back. They parked up on the High Street just round from Whytescausway and proceeded straight to where Murphy had set up just outside the Mercat.

They then jossled everyone out of the way and you see the rest on that bit of film.

Maybe that's the rough and tumble of politics or maybe it's a joyous celebration of political discourse.

You accuse me of lying again. 3 posts in a row you've said something 100% wrong.

You accuse me of lying again. 3 posts in a row you've said something 100% wrong.

In fairness although he accused you of lying he did post a video to show you were telling the truth!

If Murphy wants to stand on a crate in the middle of a town and spout misinformation whilst on a much publicized tour of Scotland, he'll rightly be challenged by those who disagree with him.

Ah, so it was targeted then. It's a shame that they didn't try and engage in a debate with him - that may have been interesting. Sadly they prefered just to shout over the top of him and then resorted to attacking him with "a wee egg" or three. Aye, it's still at least 3 eggs that can be seen on the video you posted - you can keep saying it was just a wee egg that's fine - it makes it all the easier to see who is lying on this thread.

Clearly stuff was thrown at him and I'm not sure how that could be considered anything but bullying.

What's evident here is unionists are desperate to cudgel the Yes Movement, and all you have is an incident that happened three years ago when a politician was accosted by a dozen pensioners and hit with a WEE egg.

Hit with 2 eggs - out of 3 attempts. Seems your as capable of debating facts as the Yes supporters in the video you posted.

Have a word drama queen. A few angry words and an egg is the extent of your claim.

Read this if you want to understand the concept of abuse:

https://wingsoverscotland.com/the-side-of-the-thugs/

I'm abused more than you type stuff.

Look, HD. You want indy. All power to you. You cannot claim one side was more hard done to than another.

Murphy was shouted down as much as any Yes speaker. And egged.

Both sides were awful. It was a low level, facile debate about the SNP offering a nation which couldn't be delivered verses a No side who had no positive vision.

It was utterly a go nowhere, say nothing new debate. It was very much like the Brexit debate but over two years. Tedious and the same old recycled arguments from both sides argued with increasing bike and contempt.

What's evident here is unionists are desperate to cudgel the Yes Movement, and all you have is an incident that happened three years ago when a politician was accosted by a dozen pensioners and hit with a WEE egg.

No what's increasingly evident from all these various threads is Yes (and No) can't stomach criticism, can't face the facts nor agree on anything.

What I'd argue is No voters here seem to be more readily willing to say the UK needs improved as does Scotland. The SNP think Scotland's braw and the Union is a busted and irrelevant flush.

I was countering a post that claimed that the Yes movement was nasty on the back of one solitary incident involving a dozen pensioners and an egg.

Otherwise, I agree with your sentiments.

There are nasty elements in Yes. Wings "wish his dad was gay earlier" Over Scotland is one part of it.

It's indisputable.

As there are on the No side too.

This holier than though defence of Yes is mad. Accept both sides are as bad as each other then move on.

Of course there are nasty elements in both sides however I know that the side I have chosen doesn't have the backing of the BNP, Scotland First, Orange Order, UKIP, etc. There is no way that we are as bad, hence the defense.

Deary me mate. I don't recall the Chief Radge of the Orange Order standing alongside the leaders of mainstream unionist movements.

I do recall WOS saying some utterly nasty and offensive stuff about Hillsborough, Ollie and David Mundell and having some choice words about the transgender community through his tirade on Chelsea Manning.

The author of these views is a man with a single mindedness and warped vision of the world akin to Katie Hopkins and Kelvin McKenzie, i.e. I can say this regardless of the outcome of what I say.

I wouldn't buy the Sun. I won't read Wings for the same reasons.

But yet, he and his site are heralded is a bold vision of a new Scottish media. That idea is terrifying because he is a vision of a Scottish Fox News.

Hasselhoff

Whether they stand alongside prominent unionists or not, their support of the union through association alone tells me everything I need to know.

Wings is abhorrent at times and I'm hesitant to defend him but it's careless to suggest that he has a warped vision of the world. What I've read of his is well-researched, sourced and unchallengeable by either the MSM or political parties. His website gets more hits than most online newspapers, and unionists appear to hate him because he has an ability to constantly identify their lies.

You sound like Kezia ...

"Unchallenged"... Nonsense. He never corrected any of the following errors pointed out to him at the time.

http://chokkablog.blogspot.co.uk/2015/10/wings-and-his-wee-blue-book-of-errors.html?m=1

Stuart Campbell is good at picking apart stupid stories from the Express and Mail but you hardly need to be the smartest to do that. I provide Wings with some traffic, not because I think he is a great journalist, but to read both sides of the argument. If he wasn't exploiting the mostly naive for personal financial gain he would be lucky to find employment

Whether they stand alongside prominent unionists or not, their support of the union through association alone tells me everything I need to know.

I think what your doing is associating a movement with some bad eggs. Like associating Islam with a few fundamentalists. Gordon Wilson, ex-SNP leader calls the EU thr Fourth Reich. Do I think the SNP are of this view? No. Ex-SNP leaders in the '30s and '40s were pro-Nazi. Are the SNP facist sympathisers now? No.

The Orange Maddies and a few other groups (SDL for example) are pro-union. Does that make Willie Rennie a Orange Lodge oddball? No.

It's like screaming there's a fire at a man lighting a cigarette.

Wings is abhorrent at times and I'm hesitant to defend him but it's careless to suggest that he has a warped vision of the world. What I've read of his is well-researched, sourced and unchallengeable by either the MSM or political parties. His website gets more hits than most online newspapers, and unionists appear to hate him because he has an ability to constantly identify their lies.

You sound like Kezia ...

As Hasslehoff says, he's good at deconstructing red top stories with no basis - "Alex Salmond ate my Solero" type stuff. However his views on the LGBT community, on bereaved families at Hillsborough and the way he sanctifies some SNP politicians and vilifies his opponents is straight out of the Daily Mail/Sun playbook of politics. He's no clarian voice in the dark.

To me - personal view here - some of the "New Media" is invaluable. Bella Caledonia, Common Space and National Collective are well run, well edited and produce good quality journalism on a variety of Scottish issues. They allow for both sides of a story on many things. Wings (and I am sad to say the National) are quite frankly (to me) no better than tabloid sensationalist stuff like that we see in the Mail/Express etc.

As cringeworthy as that is I think it would be a waste of taxpayers money to pursue that.

She's broken the law first and foremost by driving whilst using a mobile phone.

Whether she's caused offence or breached the peace is another matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Dannie Boy

Rudolf's Mate

She's broken the law first and foremost by driving whilst using a mobile phone.

Whether she's caused offence or breached the peace is another matter.

Ah I didn't notice that. The shouting part. There's far worse shouted on the streets between rival fans on match days.

Ah I didn't notice that. The shouting part. There's far worse shouted on the streets between rival fans on match days.

Indeed. The punishment for her vocal attack is that most folks in Scotland have seen it now!

Trapper John McIntyre

Scottish Sun poll today from Survey Monkey: SNP 39% CON 29% LAB 25% LD 4% Would give Tories 17 seats in Scotland + Labour 6. Wow.