Even More SNP Nonsense

Stuart Lyon

Roxy Hearts

Youre doing the greeting.

If we are that bad then just cut Scotland free. Then we will see who does alright.

What do you think the UK government has to lose?

Grow up and give us some economic powers then. Cringe!

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Space Mackerel

• deesidejambo

• Pans Jambo

• JamboX2

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Grow up and give us some economic powers then. Cringe!

Well exactly. Lets av em...

Wait, we are not allowed.

Well exactly. Lets av em...

Wait, we are not allowed.

I'm know I'm wasting my time - but any chance of just using the powers we've already been given > prove how these can make things better in Scotland and then use that to strengthen the argument for additional powers and ultimately independence ?

Roxy Hearts

I'm know I'm wasting my time - but any chance of just using the powers we've already been given > prove how these can make things better in Scotland and then use that to strengthen the argument for additional powers and ultimately independence ?

Deflection. Economic powers and have the SG not balanced their budgets?

MacDonald Jardine

I've never once voted for Sturgeon or the SNP. Doesn't tie in with your agenda though.

Scotland is hardly suffering, unionists are the most depressing and negative doom-mongers that's ever been shat into civilisation.

So you don't vote SNP but disparage anyone that doesn't agree with them?

Okay then. Mind you it's easy to pontificate from abroad.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

MacDonald Jardine

I'm know I'm wasting my time - but any chance of just using the powers we've already been given > prove how these can make things better in Scotland and then use that to strengthen the argument for additional powers and ultimately independence ?

You are wasting your time.

Using the powers would involve taking a degree of responsibility.

Far better to just whine about big bad Westminster.

Deflection. Economic powers and have the SG not balanced their budgets?

No idea why you think my post is deflection - I happen to believe that the Scottish Government using all the powers available to them and improving the country would put them in the best place to argue for more powers and independence. A slow transition to independence would be much better than the leap into the unknown we face over Brexit.

Scottish Government plan to borrow ?450 million this year according to the SNPs Derek Mackay - so no they're not balancing the budget.

I'm know I'm wasting my time - but any chance of just using the powers we've already been given > prove how these can make things better in Scotland and then use that to strengthen the argument for additional powers and ultimately independence ?

Like what? Oh aye, the tax raising powers & then the Lizzards take great joy in telling the world we are the most taxed part of the UK.

Brilliant mate.

How about giving Scotland the powers it actually wants and asked for?

Remember the vow?

Yet more lies.

MacDonald Jardine

The old "you're not entitled to an opinion because you don't stay there argument." Classic.

People can vote for who they want, I'll disparage those who willingly see Scotland suffer just so the SNP suffer. It's utterly pathetic.

Nobody wants to see Scotland suffer.

Nobody sane anyway.

I still don't understand your position though.

You never vote SNP.

But you are quite happy to label all Unionists as working against Scotland.

You must be lonely.

MacDonald Jardine

Like what? Oh aye, the tax raising powers & then the Lizzards take great joy in telling the world we are the most taxed part of the UK.

Brilliant mate.

How about giving Scotland the powers it actually wants and asked for?

Remember the vow?

Yet more lies.

Did Scotland not want tax raising powers?

If not what did we want? The power to spend money without responsibility?

Name one that could stimulate that economy.

Is it not Holyrood that decides the strategy for economic development in Scotland ?

The whip wasn't withdrawn, Thomson withdrew herself. Police are investigating, but so far nothing on Thomson herself.

My folks stay in Edinburgh West, that's where I first voted, Lib Dem as it happens, for Gorrie in 1992. Folks are staunch Lib Dem voters.

Did your family vote SNP previously in Edinburgh West, or indeed for any other party other than the lib Dems?

My family have been a mix of Lib Dem and Tory voters.

I am the only one to have previously voted SNP. However you might perhaps have noticed I lost faith in them!

The seat used to be safe Tory in the 80s I believe.

Youre doing the greeting.

If we are that bad then just cut Scotland free. Then we will see who does alright.

What do you think the UK government has to lose?

scotland doesn't belong to you and the fruitloops, it belongs to the people, the people voted UNION, if your no happy you bugger off.

what is it that you lot cant understand ? 

"the scottish people,  voted UNION"

I don't think Sturgeon had much option, really. She now has to concentrate even more on "the day job".

Who knows, perhaps a shambolic Brexit will aid a second indy ref? However, the time scales are tight for the SNP, as I doubt they will get the same minority/Green assisted majority at the next Holyrood elections.

They will still be the largest party, I think, but would Labour and Tory form a coalition? Surely not...

Would a successful brexit not in fact be a good example for independence ?

I clearly don't know fine - I thought they did perhaps you can explain why they bother with an economic policy if it's all controlled by Westminster ? https://beta.gov.scot/publications/scotlands-economic-strategy/

While you're at if could you also explain why you're so opposed to what I suggested earlier : ie Holyrood make full use of their powers, improve the situation in Scotland and use their successes as an argument for further powers and slowly transition to Independence ?

Space Mackerel

I clearly don't know fine - I thought they did perhaps you can explain why they bother with an economic policy if it's all controlled by Westminster ? https://beta.gov.scot/publications/scotlands-economic-strategy/

While you're at if could you also explain why you're so opposed to what I suggested earlier : ie Holyrood make full use of their powers, improve the situation in Scotland and use their successes as an argument for further powers and slowly transition to Independence ?

You really are dense if you think the Scottish government has full fiscal powers on a par with Westminster.

You really are dense if you think the Scottish government has full fiscal powers on a par with Westminster.

Can you quote where I have suggested that ? Oh aye - and if you're not too busy chucking around insults any chance you can answer my question ?

Oh aye - and if you're not too busy chucking around insults any chance you can answer my question ?

:laugh4: :laugh4: :laugh4:

Space Mackerel

Can you quote where I have suggested that ? Oh aye - and if you're not too busy chucking around insults any chance you can answer my question ?

What's the UK's long term economic plan then?

its better than scotlands.

now goan answer a question, just the one would be a laugh

No quote to back up your claim and still no answer to my question then - I must say I'm amazed !

Space Mackerel

its better than scotlands.

now goan answer a question, just the one would be a laugh

Mon then, spit it out. What is it?

Space Mackerel

No quote to back up your claim and still no answer to my question then - I must say I'm amazed !

Still waiting on a poster giving us a heads up on the UK's long term economic plans so Scotland slowly falls into into line blindly.

Hit me with it. I'm waiting. So is NS too along with every business in the U.K.

Still waiting on a poster giving us a heads up on the UK's long term economic plans so Scotland slowly falls into into line blindly.

Hit me with it. I'm waiting. So is NS too along with every business in the U.K.

"Into into" - as eloquent as ever I see but then I suppose I'm just dense. Still no quote or a response to the question that I asked your first then ?

Space Mackerel

"Into into" - as eloquent as ever I see but then I suppose I'm just dense. Still no quote or a response to the question that I asked your first then ?

Honestly, just let us know the UK's long term plans. Spit it out.

Honestly, just let us know the UK's long term plans. Spit it out.

But I'm too dense remember - can't you at least attempt to educate me by answering my question or would you rather just keep deflecting because you don't have one ?

Edited by Doogz

Space Mackerel

But I'm too dense remember - can't you at least attempt to educate me by answering my question or would you rather just keep to deflecting because you don't have one ?

Yep you are a bit dense, I fairly sure you're jumping ahead several timelines of British politics with your nonsense.

What's the UK's long term economic plans?

Yep you are a bit dense, I fairly sure you're jumping ahead several timelines of British politics with your nonsense.

What's the UK's long term economic plans?

In what way am I jumping ahead ? What are these timelines ? Is that this the best you can come up with ? The some total of your political arguments seem to be gibberish & insults - just any pathetic tactic to try and avoid answering any question.

For what it's worth my question was basically what do you have against a slower transition to independence .... remember independence that thing you're so in favour of - The original plans for Indy haven't worked - what is wrong with trying a different technique to achieve the same ultimate goal ?

Space Mackerel

In what way am I jumping ahead ? What are these timelines ? Is that this the best you can come up with ? The some total of your political arguments seem to be gibberish & insults - just any pathetic tactic to try and avoid answering any question.

For what it's worth my question was basically what do you have against a slower transition to independence .... remember independence that thing you're so in favour of - The original plans for Indy haven't worked - what is wrong with trying a different technique to achieve the same ultimate goal ?

If you need to ask what way you're jumping ahead then you're bereft of knowledge of the steps involved in Brexit and the possible breakup of the UK.

I've got all the time in the world for independence. I reckon it will happen in the next 10 years unless there's a massive switch to the left, which I don't oppose.

If you need to ask what way you're jumping ahead then you're bereft of knowledge of the steps involved in Brexit and the possible breakup of the UK.

I've got all the time in the world for independence. I reckon it will happen in the next 10 years unless there's a massive switch to the left, which I don't oppose.

I'm not talking about Brexit or the break up of the UK just now - I'm talking about right now (actually ideally it should have started years ago) the Scottish Government using the powers they currently have to improve things in Scotland now and to use the successes of this to argue for further powers and finally independence ? What is wrong with this approach ? bonus points if you can answer without insulting me as being bereft of knowledge, dense or something similar !

Space Mackerel

I'm not talking about Brexit or the break up of the UK just now - I'm talking about right now (actually ideally it should have started years ago) the Scottish Government using the powers they currently have to improve things in Scotland now and to use the successes of this to argue for further powers and finally independence ? What is wrong with this approach ? bonus points if you can answer without insulting me as being bereft of knowledge, dense or something similar !

What would you like the SNP to do for you?

:spoton:

Build it and they will come.

I'm actually a bit lost as to what powers Holyrood actually has these days. I'm too lazy right now to properly investigate but if anyone can point me in the right direction I'd be grateful.

scotland doesn't belong to you and the fruitloops, it belongs to the people, the people voted UNION, if your no happy you bugger off.

what is it that you lot cant understand ? 

"the scottish people,  voted UNION"

Not true. Scottish people actually voted for independence. 52.7% to 47.3%. 

Those born elsewhere voted No and carried it over the edge. 

Yet, you don't have Yes voters going on about it belonging to them or telling folk to bugger off. A much better class of people. 

Not true. Scottish people actually voted for independence. 52.7% to 47.3%. 

Those born elsewhere voted No and carried it over the edge. 

Yet, you don't have Yes voters going on about it belonging to them or telling folk to bugger off. A much better class of people.

100% Nonsense

Adam Murray

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/809821/General-Election-2017-Nicola-Sturgeon-SNP-activist-threat-Conservatives

Must have just imagined this vile woman.

And of course, our mild mannered resident Antipodean, he never advocates anything like that, does he?

Thunderstruck

Are you rubbishing the stats? Because they are correct.

How do you know they are "correct"?

In any event they are utterly irrelevant. The franchise was agreed by all parties so suck it up buttercup.

deesidejambo

How can you tell that?   When people voted their nationality was not on the ballot paper.

Show me your 100% correct stats.  

How can you tell that?   When people voted their nationality was not on the ballot paper.

Show me your 100% correct stats.

Born in Scotland and voted No - and proud of it

frankblack

Benjamin Disraeli: "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."