Even More SNP Nonsense

Stuart Lyon

Space Mackerel

While you're at it, see if there's a course on answering a question when asked without deflecting that you can go on.

Just relate them to female genitalia and all should be fine [emoji106]

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Space Mackerel

• deesidejambo

• Pans Jambo

• JamboX2

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just relate them to female genitalia and all should be fine [emoji106]

Very good Space cadette, very good, you'd make a fins SNP MP, you love to avoid answering a question, just answer mine, I'm waiting.......tick tock tick tock!!

Space Mackerel

Very good Space cadette, very good, you'd make a fins SNP MP, you love to avoid answering a question, just answer mine, I'm waiting.......tick tock tick tock!!

Lay off the booze.

You're absolutely right on this, other than I think Labour moved to the Right because the general population had and they were unelectable if they didn't.

I don't agree with it but I grew up with Thatcher in power and increasingly her views have become the accepted norm, to the point that a centre -left view from 1979 would seem quite extreme today.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It was wrong of Labour to chase the Tories, no matter what the population had done. A political party lives and dies with it's principles, a pursuit of power at a cost to principle is a death warrant for any party. I went through High School and started working under Thatcher. Her views did not become the norm where I lived, nor where I live now. You are, however, correct regarding the shifting of the centre line which is my whole point. The UK is off keilter. We have to reset the centre line and keep it there in order to avoid being in a country of no political choice but the right. I mean it's become that bad that former Labour voters in England see UKIP as a viable choice and this has come about because Labour are just the tories in a red rosette, at least UKIP are different, different in the wrong way right enough but different is enough to give a choice which, at the end of the day, is the least the population should expect. The Country, on the other hand, should expect the choice to be centre left or centre right, in order to keep us as close to the meridian as possible (spacey will like this bit), we have to think of our Government keeping in harmony with the people akin to the Universe, as that's how the Universe works, it keeps in harmony with it's constituent parts and it all works, in fact it works so well that it managed to put us here! How lucky are we. To achieve that harmony the planets must spin on a slightly wobbly axis as they all work together, to keep that harmony, around our sun. If you looked at a planet from space you could say that it tilts from left to right continuously but doesn't tilt too much in order not to spin out of control, thus losing the harmony which is exactly where the Government come in. Move the axis of a planet it goes out of control, move the axis of a Government it does exactly the same and both take most people quite a while to notice. This goes the same for moving too far to the left.

Still waiting, are you ever going to answer a question put to you?

Must say I'm amazed you still haven't had an answer ! I'm sure it's just slipped his mind and he'll be along shortly with a meme or an insult for you!

Must say I'm amazed you still haven't had an answer ! I'm sure it's just slipped his mind and he'll be along shortly with a meme or an insult for you!

I'm not, full of pish so he is, there are some good posters on for independence, I don't agree but can't fault thier arguments, Spacey is a troll, a fantastic, a clown, can't answer a question about his logic or line of thinking without constantly insulting and posting ridiculous links!!! I like him though, he makes me laugh, at a him, not with him, he's the gift that just keeps on giving here and makes the political threads worthwhile :laugh4: :laugh4:

• 2 weeks later...

Bad result for the separatists. SNP losing seats but getting most seats is good, but Tories losing seats and getting the most seats is bad.

Labour have even said the separatists are toxic and want nothing to do with them.

When is Nicola calling indyref 2 independence transcends everything,

Great to see Salmond has been sussed finally.

Space Mackerel

Bad result for the separatists. SNP losing seats but getting most seats is good, but Tories losing seats and getting the most seats is bad.

Labour have even said the separatists are toxic and want nothing to do with them.

When is Nicola calling indyref 2 independence transcends everything,

56e4760968707eef17edad6acdc704bb.jpg

Arnold Rothstein

When is Nicola calling indyref 2 independence transcends everything,

56e4760968707eef17edad6acdc704bb.jpg

Haha. You're hurting mate.

Quick update - still no Scottish sparkling water in W H Smiths!

Really? You should start a thread on that mate!!!

19059262_1464794860246166_71673567857159

I'm so happy for you.

I also hope the Tories and DUP talks works out and they give Northern Ireland all the special treatment they can and the Tories sell out Scottish fisherman and the farmers in the North East and Borders at the Brexit talks.  

That would finish the Tories up here next election and the above will be back next election. 

I think I'm going to enjoy this next few months and year's.     

Trapper John McIntyre

I'm so happy for you.

I also hope the Tories and DUP talks works out and they give Northern Ireland all the special treatment they can and the Tories sell out Scottish fisherman and the farmers in the North East and Borders at the Brexit talks.  

That would finish the Tories up here next election and the above will be back next election. 

You need to have something to look forward to. 

Edited by Trapper John McIntyre

I'm so happy for you.

Wouldn't be so confident. From reports Davidson has had a degree of influence over these talks - i.e. safeguards on certain liberal positions. Added to the fact Davidson is pretty much her own woman in Scotland there's a degree of confidence the Tories can take.

The dust hasn't settled from this election but the situation in results suggests that there is a number of seats were the majorities are narrow between the SNP and Con/Lab/Lib.

Next few years will be interesting because Davidson will need to strengthen her hold in Scotland and pick fights with May were necessary to consolidate. Dugdale will need to co-opt the Corbyn affect despite her reluctance before to make gains - appoint more left wingers to prominent posts in Scotland - to push in some close seats: Dunfermline, Aberdeen North a number in Glasgow/Lanarkshire and Edinburgh North and Leith.

Sturgeon? Needs a total rethink of her strategy. One more push to independence is not working anymore and there has been a Tory revival. There has been a moderate Labour one. There has been a good Lib-Dem one.

In Scotland it's interesting because it was a divided result in each seat.

Trapper John McIntyre

Wouldn't be so confident. From reports Davidson has had a degree of influence over these talks - i.e. safeguards on certain liberal positions. Added to the fact Davidson is pretty much her own woman in Scotland there's a degree of confidence the Tories can take.

The dust hasn't settled from this election but the situation in results suggests that there is a number of seats were the majorities are narrow between the SNP and Con/Lab/Lib.

Next few years will be interesting because Davidson will need to strengthen her hold in Scotland and pick fights with May were necessary to consolidate. Dugdale will need to co-opt the Corbyn affect despite her reluctance before to make gains - appoint more left wingers to prominent posts in Scotland - to push in some close seats: Dunfermline, Aberdeen North a number in Glasgow/Lanarkshire and Edinburgh North and Leith.

Sturgeon? Needs a total rethink of her strategy. One more push to independence is not working anymore and there has been a Tory revival. There has been a moderate Labour one. There has been a good Lib-Dem one.

There's apparently only a total of 1500 votes separating 12 SNP MP's from defeat on June 8th. There could have been a total rout of them.

It looks like there's a chance North East Fife will be run again. If so, there's no doubt Tory and Labour voters will swing behind the Liberals and win it.

Every SNP seat in the country is up for grabs. They won't want another election this year. The Unionist tactical voting will only become more sophisticated and hard boiled. People who have made the switch to Tory/ Labour have crossed their Rubicon and can easily do it again.

What can I see happening is that the Tories will start their usual in-fighting it's already happening with their leader.

As for Davidson and the Tories IF for example they start giving deals the Northern Ireland i.e in and fishing and farming how is Davidson going to explain that to her voters in the Borders and the North East?

As for the SNP I would like see people like Ian Blackford - Tommy Sheppard or Mhairi Black taking over as the SNP Leader of the Westminster Group and changing the direction of the SNP because Labour are back in Scotland.      

Space Mackerel

There's apparently only a total of 1500 votes separating 12 SNP MP's from defeat on June 8th. There could have been a total rout of them.

It looks like there's a chance North East Fife will be run again. If so, there's no doubt Tory and Labour voters will swing behind the Liberals and win it.

Every SNP seat in the country is up for grabs. They won't want another election this year. The Unionist tactical voting will only become more sophisticated and hard boiled. People who have made the switch to Tory/ Labour have crossed their Rubicon and can easily do it again.

And about the same number that could've taken the seats the SNP won to 40.

But you knew that.

What can I see happening is that the Tories will start their usual in-fighting it's already happening with their leader.

As for Davidson and the Tories IF for example they start giving deals the Northern Ireland i.e in and fishing and farming how is Davidson going to explain that to her voters in the Borders and the North East?

As for the SNP I would like see people like Ian Blackford - Tommy Sheppard or Mhairi Black taking over as the SNP Leader of the Westminster Group and changing the direction of the SNP because Labour are back in Scotland.

On your last point - I think you're looking at Cherry, Wishart or Gethins getting the nod there. They're more in line with the party hq than those party members would like.

I think Davidson cleared that up yesterday. Whatever anyone else gets she wants for Scotland. She was strong in attack on CAP and CFP. I think Davidson, and it pains me to say it, is doing a good job leading her party. She is a key figure in her UK party now and I think the Scottish Tories may get a couple cabinet posts and a some junior ministerial ones too in key departments.

Dugdale should seek to emulate that.

But you knew that.

It's an open battle field.

But you knew that.

Trapper John McIntyre

But you knew that.

Tactical voters learn from previous elections. We'll get more of you in October.

Space Mackerel

Certainly is. No one can moan it's a 1 party state now.

By the way, Dugdale needs to fall in line now with Corbyn, he was the real reason SLAB weren't obliterated. I like his policies but I'll always want Scottish independence.

Space Mackerel

Tactical voters learn from previous elections. We'll get more of you in October.

Politics can't be much fun for you John if you spend you're waking hours worrying about the SNP constantly and not concentrating on your core beliefs.

You're probably the only poster on here who has avoided disclosing your political leanings or voting intentions too.

HaymarketJambo

If it happens.

Be careful what you wish for.

Conservatives and the DUP together that won't go down too well the Catholic vote?    

Trapper John McIntyre

If it happens.

Be careful what you wish for.

Conservatives and the DUP together that won't go down too well the Catholic vote?    

Presuming that May will be out by October and the Tories with a new leader win a majority, the question of the DUP would be redundant.

As you've brought sectarionism to the debate, may I suggest that Catholics voted heavily for Labour in the past and during the Troubles. Are you saying they've all now switched to SNP? 

Edited by Trapper John McIntyre

Trapper John McIntyre

Politics can't be much fun for you John if you spend you're waking hours worrying about the SNP constantly and not concentrating on your core beliefs.

You're probably the only poster on here who has avoided disclosing your political leanings or voting intentions too.

Why should I disclose my leanings to you or anyone else? 

HaymarketJambo

Presuming that May will be out by October and the Tories with a new leader win a majority, the question of the DUP would be redundant.

As you've brought sectarionism to the debate, may I suggest that Catholics voted heavily for Labour in the past and during the Troubles. Are you saying they've all now switched to SNP? 

Did I mention the SNP?

Maybe you should add May to the car sticker then.  

Trapper John McIntyre

Did I mention the SNP?

Maybe you should add May to the car sticker then.  

I'm looking forward to that.

And as for the first, you know exactly what you were saying.

Trapper John McIntyre

What's wrong John? You a bit feart?

Feart of what?

I got what I  wanted in Scotland on June 8th and contributed in my own way by how I voted.

Space Mackerel

Feart of what?

I got what I wanted in Scotland on June 8th and contributed in my own way by how I voted.

Cmon John, open up to the forum. We'll go easy on you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Trapper John McIntyre

Cmon John, open up to the forum. We'll go easy on you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I voted for...

and this was the result:

19029393_1838602459801306_26798594840526

Space Mackerel

I voted for...

and this was the result:

19029393_1838602459801306_26798594840526

Wee Johns feart.

Thought these pioneers of yesteryear were made of tougher stuff too :-/

Maroon Sailor

2014 = No to Independence

2015 = 56 SNP MP's

2016 = IndyRef2 on the table

2017 = Two fingers up to Independence

Step down Wee Burney, you have nothing else in your locker apart from your obsession with Independence. Give us peace and let someone else do the job you were elected to do

Certainly is. No one can moan it's a 1 party state now.

By the way, Dugdale needs to fall in line now with Corbyn, he was the real reason SLAB weren't obliterated. I like his policies but I'll always want Scottish independence.

Rarely do we agree, but I do with that Spacey :thumbsup:

I read that Corbyn's campaign team were annoyed with themselves on Thursday night when the Glasgow North East result came in. They strategically limited resource in some areas of Scotland. In a future election large amounts of funding are to be thrown at Scotland.

deesidejambo

Rarely do we agree, but I do with that Spacey :thumbsup:

I read that Corbyn's campaign team were annoyed with themselves on Thursday night when the Glasgow North East result came in. They strategically limited resource in some areas of Scotland. In a future election large amounts of funding are to be thrown at Scotland.

They wont need to throw money at campaigns, just put forward another good manifesto based on nationalisation and rebalancing the tax-take to make the rich pay more and many will vote for it.

Spacey is shit-scared of the Tories but its Labour who will take over the SNP vote in Scotland now that Indy2 is sunk so its Labour he should be feart of.

You might have thought that their "The National Conversation " feedback would have predicted last week's disaster.

Wonder what was in it or why we didn't get to see it?

Edited by pablo

Adam Murray

You might have thought that their "The National Conversation " feedback would have predicted last week's disaster.

Wonder what was in it or why we didn't get to see it?

We never got to see it because it didn't show the results that the SNP wanted.

This was about the same time the mantra changed from 'The will of the Scottish people' to 'The will of the Scottish Parliament'

They wont need to throw money at campaigns, just put forward another good manifesto based on nationalisation and rebalancing the tax-take to make the rich pay more and many will vote for it.

Spacey is shit-scared of the Tories but its Labour who will take over the SNP vote in Scotland now that Indy2 is sunk so its Labour he should be feart of.

You know if it turns out that Labour become more Labour than Tony Blair's efforts I would not be too upset about it.

A left leaning, socialist, progressive party that actually looks after the many and not the rich few would be a great thing indeed.

I always want Independence for Scotland as I believe we would prosper however; not getting it to a party that has policies that I described above would be the next best thing.

The tories can just sook it! Horrible pig skull lovers.

Seymour M Hersh

You know if it turns out that Labour become more Labour than Tony Blair's efforts I would not be too upset about it.

A left leaning, socialist, progressive party that actually looks after the many and not the rich few would be a great thing indeed.

I always want Independence for Scotland as I believe we would prosper however; not getting it to a party that has policies that I described above would be the next best thing.

The tories can just sook it! Horrible pig skull lovers.

Is that how you describe conservative supporters to your children (should you have any)? 

Edited by Seymour M Hersh