Monday night fitba radio show [new episodes weekly]

Sam M

Skippy Doodle

My only criticism would be you seem to share the myth that a team from the playoff spots will be promoted. No guarantee this will happen and none that it will be Hibs.

I know it ain't a given but you would probably back hibs against st midden county or well to be fair

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Skippy Doodle

Forget it mate.

Personal insults is about as good as it gets for them.

Seemingly the same fans who sing the nade song have problems with us poking fun at Colin nish size and shape haha

I know it ain't a given but you would probably back hibs against st midden county or well to be fair

Only a fool would back hibs when the going gets tough.

Seemingly the same fans who sing the nade song have problems with us poking fun at Colin nish size and shape haha

Maybe because he's a good, honest East Lothian laddie?

Skippy Doodle

Maybe because he's a good, honest East Lothian laddie?

It does reek a bit of he's a tit but he's our tit!

Season 1997/98 - we ran the old firm so close for the title, then won our first trophy in 36 years.  Somebody like Colin Cameron or Steve Fulton would be a good guest, assuming you can't lure Stephane Adam over!

Skippy Doodle

Season 1997/98 - we ran the old firm so close for the title, then won our first trophy in 36 years. Somebody like Colin Cameron or Steve Fulton would be a good guest, assuming you can't lure Stephane Adam over!

That is definitely on our list mate

Skippy Doodle

Caution advised ahead of tonight's show. It's a hearts free zone so listen at your own peril haha

Allowayjambo1874

Caution advised ahead of tonight's show. It's a hearts free zone so listen at your own peril haha

Oh well listen every week but that's me out!

Skippy Doodle

Oh well listen every week but that's me out!

We will have our Andy driver podcast later in the week to make up for it mate

Skippy Doodle

:muggy:

Well, it'll make up for last weeks :seething: for the hibbys.

Yeah we do need a bit of balance.

TyphoonJambo

Still can't see the 10-0 one on you tube. It's normally there on the Thursday after

Skippy Doodle

Still can't see the 10-0 one on you tube. It's normally there on the Thursday after

Sorry pal it ain't up yet

Unknown user

Is it not time this got split into two different things, one for us and a slightly smaller one for them?

Skippy Doodle

Is it not time this got split into two different things, one for us and a slightly smaller one for them?

I think the show on the whole works well this way. There is a good balanced unbiased tone to the shows most weeks which I think most fans enjoy

Too many times we as hearts fans complain about radio shows and the media in general being biased/one sided, giving more coverage to the old firm and the like, while completely ignoring everything else. It's a breath of fresh air that these guys, while quite clearly dyed in the wool hearts fans can take time on thier show to dedicate time to talk about our city rivals.

Valar Morghulis

Don't change a thing. I even listened to all of the H1b5 podcast from the other night. Refreshing to hear the other side's perspective from the articulate minority!!!

Skippy Doodle

Cheers for the feedback guys

I do understand why some of us are pretty disgusted at the thought of listening to hibs content. The way a section of their fans cheerleader our demise was hard to take at times

But I do think the majority of hearts and hibs supporters can enjoy a fierce but friendly rivalry and I hope the show has proved that.

I personally was not involved on this weeks show but was interested in listening to the hibbys wax lyrical about their side without it becoming too sycophantic

Hope everyone continues to enjoy the show and remember to review and comment on the show on iTunes

Skippy Doodle

Little update with regards to the driver interview.

It is on hold for the time being due to the change in Andy's situation this week

We will try and organise something for a future date

Unknown user

I think the show on the whole works well this way. There is a good balanced unbiased tone to the shows most weeks which I think most fans enjoy

Fair enough, but it might be worth looking into doing something separately then.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has zero interest in hibs or the opinions of their fans.

Nothing against them, but I'd like to hear Hearts fans talking about Hearts with maybe a smattering of other teams getting a menchy.

Really not a criticism by the way - I'd like to hear more of you guys taking about Hearts!

Skippy Doodle

Fair enough, but it might be worth looking into doing something separately then.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has zero interest in hibs or the opinions of their fans.

Nothing against them, but I'd like to hear Hearts fans talking about Hearts with maybe a smattering of other teams getting a menchy.

Really not a criticism by the way - I'd like to hear more of you guys taking about Hearts!

Fair point mate - I understand there

Will be a market for splitting the show up. Might be something we can look at in future

TyphoonJambo

Sorry pal it ain't up yet

Right i?m starting a campaign....... Skippy OOT!!

TyphoonJambo

If I can put my tuppence worth in, i prefer it with the Hubz fans in it, though a little mor open gloating should be allowed or even actively encouraged.

Skippy Doodle

Right i?m starting a campaign....... Skippy OOT!!

I will pass on your feedback to our YouTube guy

Despite this week being all about h1b5 I quite enjoyed it. TBH I was shouting at some of the comments tho, probably cos all those hibby's in one room talking about "flair" got a wee bit out of hand. However, still a good show particularly the absence of OF chat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TyphoonJambo

I will pass on your feedback to our YouTube guy

hey mate, keep up the good work.

Skippy Doodle

Despite this week being all about h1b5 I quite enjoyed it. TBH I was shouting at some of the comments tho, probably cos all those hibby's in one room talking about "flair" got a wee bit out of hand. However, still a good show particularly the absence of OF chat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers for the feedback mate. We are back to a mixed panel next week

YouTube is fully caught up now mate. Apologies for the delay.

TyphoonJambo

YouTube is fully caught up now mate. Apologies for the delay.

Sam, you are a star, thanks for that. Have a great weekend

Skippy Doodle

Some of our team have put together a new Scottish football podcast which can be found on our iTunes and mixcloud page. It's called the stramash. Let us know what you think of the first show

Sheiky Baby

Definitely check out the new show on Itunes (Still under the Monday Night Fitba subscription so no need to hunt for it). Remember to click refresh in the bottom left hand corner for it to appear!

Sheiky Baby

Wee bump for those who didn't catch this yesterday. Check out the new show The Stramash on itunes!

Skippy Doodle

Back to a mixed panel this evening. Radio saltire at 10pm. Any hearts or hibs related questions leave here or @mnfitba

Skippy Doodle

Due to the Hearts game this week's podcast will be slightly delayed. Hope our live listeners enjoyed last night's show

Jamboman1512

Wee bump for those who didn't catch this yesterday. Check out the new show The Stramash on itunes!

Just finishing listening to this the now, great show, like the way it's headed, more news on other Scottish teams rather than the blue and green cheeks is always welcome :thumbsup:

Sheiky Baby

Just finishing listening to this the now, great show, like the way it's headed, more news on other Scottish teams rather than the blue and green cheeks is always welcome :thumbsup:

Nice one mate cheers for the feedback!

Amoruso_lets_it_run

Just listened to this. Excellent show as usual. Like having both sides of Edinburgh represented and think you keep it well balanced. This has been discussed on here on other threads but I think the question about whether Hearts 'win' the league or have it 'handed to us' is completely a moot point. If we win it in advance of the QotS game then the whole day will be a carnival atmosphere. If we secure it at the final whistle then we'll have a great moment to cheer. Either way...happy days (obviously there are other scenarios).

Sheiky Baby

Just listened to this. Excellent show as usual. Like having both sides of Edinburgh represented and think you keep it well balanced. This has been discussed on here on other threads but I think the question about whether Hearts 'win' the league or have it 'handed to us' is completely a moot point. If we win it in advance of the QotS game then the whole day will be a carnival atmosphere. If we secure it at the final whistle then we'll have a great moment to cheer. Either way...happy days (obviously there are other scenarios).

A very good point and I think Sam only mentioned that very briefly. Good username btw  :2thumbsup:

Skippy Doodle

Is it a mixed panel?

:jjyay:

I do believe Craig is coming in to discuss the hibs game. Fair play to him given the levels of potential smugness tonight

I do believe Craig is coming in to discuss the hibs game. Fair play to him given the levels of potential smugness tonight

Yea. Fair play.

Skippy Doodle

Although we usually like to keep things fairly neutral it's safe to say that tonight will represent a departure from that usual stance

Expect plenty of media experts to be named and shamed as well haha

Skippy Doodle

Monday Night Fitba kicks off on @RadioSaltire in just over 10 minutes folks. Get listening and get in touch throughout the show.

Were you able to get the Andy Driver interview or did his trip to Aberdeen out a stop to it?

Sy

Archived