JKB collective share purchase

Maple Leaf

In response to a number of queries, the JKB admin team is providing a method of collectively purchasing shares in HMFC, further to the recent announcement by the club. All members who want to purchase chares by this method should be aware of the terms and conditions that apply.

Terms and Conditions governing the purchase of HMFC shares by Jambos Kickback.

1. Members may donate any amount they wish through Paypal.

2. All monies collected, less Paypal fees, will be used to purchase shares of HMFC

3. The shares will be purchased by Jambos Kickback and will be held in the name of Jambos Kickback.

4. The intent is for the purchased shares to be held in perpetuity. This means that they will not be sold, traded, or transferred by the current management team. However, in the event that the sale of the shares becomes necessary or advisable, any proceeds from the sale will be donated to a worthwhile Scottish charity or to a Hearts-related good cause, in keeping with our donation practice of recent years.

5. Once the shares are purchased there can be no refunds to members.

Please use the "Donate" button under the JKB logo at the top of the page.

We expect to keep this facility open for about one month. Periodic updates will be posted.

We recognise that there are different opinions regarding the share purchase. This thread is only for those who wish to donate. There are other threads available for those who choose not to donate, for whatever reason.

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I intend to buy outright if I can. If not , I most certainly will do this way. If I do, I still might as well.

A cracking way for those who can not afford ?100 but want to play their part to do so.

ToadKiller Dog

Nice effort - may donate to this too. (aswell as my own shares)

That's my plan get shares at the midden game for myself and two extra shifts this month of which some will go to kickback share .

Guest Dipped Flake

working overtime all day today so will be using that money to buy more of my own shares than I originally intended but will put in some money to this too. Great idea

Geoff Kilpatrick

What happens with regards to the benefits if/when we reach the high figures?

No one on Kickback goes to games so they don't matter...

Victor Meldrew

In response to a number of queries, the JKB admin team is providing a method of collectively purchasing shares in HMFC, further to the recent announcement by the club. All members who want to purchase chares by this method should be aware of the terms and conditions that apply.

Terms and Conditions governing the purchase of HMFC shares by Jambos Kickback.

1. Members may donate any amount they wish through Paypal.

2. All monies collected, less Paypal fees, will be used to purchase shares of HMFC

3. The shares will be purchased by Jambos Kickback and will be held in the name of Jambos Kickback.

4. The intent is for the purchased shares to be held in perpetuity. This means that they will not be sold, traded, or transferred by the current management team. However, in the event that the sale of the shares becomes necessary or advisable, any proceeds from the sale will be donated to a worthwhile Scottish charity or to a Hearts-related good cause, in keeping with our donation practice of recent years.

Please use the "Donate" button under the JKB logo at the top of the page.

We expect to keep this facility open for about one month. Periodic updates will be posted.

We recognise that there are different opinions regarding the share purchase. This thread is only for those who wish to donate. There are other threads available for those who choose not to donate, for whatever reason.

I think this is a great idea, but I'm not sure that you can easily achieve what is set out in the terms and conditions particularly easily, as you would be creating a non-charitable purpose trust. I'm not a Scots lawyer, but I suspect that that isn't possible. The risk if you don't get it sorted out properly at the outset, contributors might be able to demand their contributions back at some point in the future.

I suspect that it will be possible to do it, but it won't be straightforward.

I think this is a great idea, but I'm not sure that you can easily achieve what is set out in the terms and conditions particularly easily, as you would be creating a non-charitable purpose trust. I'm not a Scots lawyer, but I suspect that that isn't possible. The risk if you don't get it sorted out properly at the outset, contributors might be able to demand their contributions back at some point in the future.

Probably a fair point, but if people are likely to cause a legal rammy over their contribution in the future, they'd be advised just to buy shares directly themselves.

Great work JKB admins. I will be buying my own shares later in the month but put in a wee donation to the JKB fund in the meantime.

kingantti1874

Great work JKB admins. I will be buying my own shares later in the month but put in a wee donation to the JKB fund in the meantime.

Same here

portobellojambo1

I cannot offer anything in relation to the above post Maple Leaf, as it is way over my head, but I thought this would be a sensible post to tag onto as what I am about to say could be bracketed under technicalities as well.

The share issue has been set up in a way that it is covered and dictated by Securities and Investment law in the UK only, the shares effectively cannot be bought or sold by persons resident overseas, as they will not be registered under their local securities legislation (I believe it is something the club are actively looking into as they have had a number of calls direct from both Australia and the USA from people looking to invest (donate), but who aren't UK resident). Given you are based in Canada, and are the "owner" of JKB I'm not sure if the funds being pooled would therefore be deemed to be coming from a Canadian bank account or if JKB's banking facilities are based in the UK. If it is the former you may wish to contact David Southern to ensure there will be no problems when it comes to making actual payment to the club (assuming HMFC haven't announced anything prior to the date at which JKB plan on making payment). Just thought I'd mention it to you, just in case.

This.

Guest C00l K1d

Cheers for that.

Already said before i'm a bit skint so can't really afford to give money out atm.

Something like this gives the oppurtunity to at least give a wee bit :thumbsup:

Can imagine this will generate a bit aswell, seeing how well the flag thing done.

jamboinglasgow

You seem to have missed a rather substantial 'IF' in there somewhere. What makes you think there would be a way back, honourable, successful, or otherwise?

And on that basis, I'm in. I can't see any other option.

Yup, just look at Rangers, they liquidated and are still in the hands of dodgy people who could plunge them into further problems in the future. Its not so easy to get the club back into honourable hands.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Lets just not take the risk .. Get buying the shares

If you are shiting it as much as your posts suggest, what happens if we raise ?1.75m and your worst case scenario still comes to fruition?

personally i think its a good idea,the only thing i would slightly disagree with is..if kickback had to resell the shares i would rather the money just be handed to hearts.Giving the money to charity is

a noble and worthwhile idea but charity begins at home

kingantti1874

If you are shiting it as much as your posts suggest, what happens if we raise ?1.75m and your worst case scenario still comes to fruition?

It maybe well do Geoff ... But If there's a 5% chance it avoids the wscenario then that's a good thing right...

kingantti1874

It maybe well do Geoff ... But If there's a 5% chance it avoids the worst case scenario then that's a good thing right...

I genuinely think if we make it to next summer we will finally be in a position where income > costs - Christ knows what we will be left with on the pitch but surely the club will be stable and able to move forward..

Radioactive Mince

I haven't bought them yet, but later this month I'll be buying 10,000 shares from the club. In the meantime, I've put ?100 into this fund. Between now and the share issue deadline (Dec 19th?) I'd be very surprised if most folk on here didn't have one to two hundred quid, maybe not spare, but sacrificable elsewhere in their budgets even. Think about it in terms of weeks 'til then... Around 6, so ?16.67 a week put away would give someone enough to invest the minimum from club, anything else they managed to save could be given to the KB fund. If I took sandwich to work instead of buying filled rolls, bridies etc I'd probably be bang on target for ?16 a week right away. If a good number of people could manage this kind of donation between now and then, in a few smaller chunks even, it'd go a long way IMO.

I'm no fan of the current regime overall, but this is a suck-it-and-see thing for me - I want to see how many folk give enough of a shit about this club to make a difference and, if it seems we can make a difference collectively, it might be the start of something. The way in which the board utilise the budgets will come under a lot closer scrutiny from fans (investors!) from now on though, I'd imagine. They will have to significantly improve our cash flow situation and hopefully our net debt position if they are ever to ask the support for this kind of help again.

Geoff Kilpatrick

It maybe well do Geoff ... But If there's a 5% chance it avoids the worst case scenario then that's a good thing right...

I genuinely think if we make it to next summer we will finally be in a position where income > costs - Christ knows what we will be left with on the pitch but surely the club will be stable and able to move forward..

See, I'm not shiting it because I'm still of the belief that Vlad has much more to lose than we do.

I will contribute though, not the 110 quid that has been asked for but I will chuck an amount to be determined into the Kickback fund.

still have not worked out how to buy the club shares from overseas can anybody help..?Will also chip in here when it is up and running

Geoff Kilpatrick

still have not worked out how to buy the club shares from overseas can anybody help..?Will also chip in here when it is up and running

You basically need the help of someone 'onshore' to complete the transaction.

I'm in the fortunate position of being able to go to away games as a concession. That means that I've saved ?15 over the two games up in Dundee this week. What I save I'll chip in to Kickback's share purchase, as well as having bought my own shares. I can't make Inverness next week (going to a wedding) so what that would cost is also going in. Every little helps.

J Cheever Loophole

personally i think its a good idea,the only thing i would slightly disagree with is..if kickback had to resell the shares i would rather the money just be handed to hearts.Giving the money to charity is

a noble and worthwhile idea but charity begins at home

This,I've donated to help only HMFC on this occasion,the charities will continue to get my help in the way they have always got my donations..

Thanks for your comments.

We think that the Terms and Conditions are clear.

This is an opportunity for JKB members to DONATE money to the club. Anyone who thinks that this is an investment opportunity, and will result in personal ownership of shares, is mistaken and should not participate.

In my opinion, there is no legal ambiguity.

I cannot offer anything in relation to the above post Maple Leaf, as it is way over my head, but I thought this would be a sensible post to tag onto as what I am about to say could be bracketed under technicalities as well.

The share issue has been set up in a way that it is covered and dictated by Securities and Investment law in the UK only, the shares effectively cannot be bought or sold by persons resident overseas, as they will not be registered under their local securities legislation (I believe it is something the club are actively looking into as they have had a number of calls direct from both Australia and the USA from people looking to invest (donate), but who aren't UK resident). Given you are based in Canada, and are the "owner" of JKB I'm not sure if the funds being pooled would therefore be deemed to be coming from a Canadian bank account or if JKB's banking facilities are based in the UK. If it is the former you may wish to contact David Southern to ensure there will be no problems when it comes to making actual payment to the club (assuming HMFC haven't announced anything prior to the date at which JKB plan on making payment). Just thought I'd mention it to you, just in case.

PJ1, thanks for the heads-up. I'll get clarification from the club.

Either way, this will not be an issue. If the shares have to be bought through a UK bank, and registered to a UK address, that's what we'll do.

Will the admins be using the shares JKB members buy in order to lobby the club without consulting them again? rolleyes.gif

If so count me out.

Will the admins be using the shares JKB members buy in order to lobby the club without consulting them again? rolleyes.gif

If so count me out.

We'll not be lobbying the club. The sole purpose of this venture is to raise money for HMFC.

We'll not be lobbying the club. The sole purpose of this venture is to raise money for HMFC.

well I'm sure the money used to sponsor players etc was never meant for lobbying purposes either and we both know how that ended so you can appreciate my scepticism.

If so count me out.

Has this happened before?

I won't help Hearts because I do not trust kickback.

:facepalm:

Evidently it is easier for me to sit here and turn my nose up at the scheme as i have the cash available to buy shares myself.

For those who don't have the money I suppose there isnt much choice but to contribute to a scheme such as this.

kingantti1874

See, I'm not shiting it because I'm still of the belief that Vlad has much more to lose than we do.

I will contribute though, not the 110 quid that has been asked for but I will chuck an amount to be determined into the Kickback fund.

See I'm with you - but starting to come to the conclusion given events elsewhere in vlads empire that either he, nor UBIG have the ability o pay the bills...

Francis Albert

We all (well most of us ) save money which we'd have otherwise spent supporting Hearts - a helluva lot more money than we are putting into the share scheme.

A win-win in my eyes!

Archived