The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

It should be a 25 point deduction.

There is no way the SPFL can agree to this being a first insolvency event while allowing them to retain all the history

So the split starts with SevCo claiming they're the same club and we're all claiming they're a new club, now they'll be claiming they're a new club and everybody else shouting that they're the same club.

It's been nice reading this thread over the last few days, but if Gasman keeps calling them 3angers then I think I'll have to stop.

The SPL and SFA must be near nervous breakdown by now unless we get an emergency top league of 16-18 rushed through in time for next season.....purely for the whole benefit of Scottish football of course.

Edinburgh Capitals v Belfast Giants Sunday 7th @Murrayfield ice rink face off 5-45.

Dagger Is Back

The SPL and SFA must be near nervous breakdown by now unless we get an emergency top league of 16-18 rushed through in time for next season.....purely for the whole benefit of Scottish football of course.

Edinburgh Capitals v Belfast Giants Sunday 7th @Murrayfield ice rink face off 5-45.

I reckon discussions have been had already to be honest. Said it all along that the powers that be, using that term very loosely, would not want to run the risk of 2 out of 3 of us, Rangers and Hibs staying down for another season. Scottish football has manipulated things in the past to suit the 'bigger picture' and they will undoubtedly do it again.

Nelly Terraces

There is no way the SPFL can agree to this being a first insolvency event while allowing them to retain all the history

I totally agree mate. But this is the Scottish footballing authorities we're talking about here. To be honest though, if they were -15 and had to get rid of most of their best players then it'd look pretty ropey for them getting out the division. anyway.

Geoff Kilpatrick

New club = 15 points. Any admin worth their salt will be arguing that.

If they voluntarily give up their claimed history and remove the 5 stars from their shirts I would accede to a 15 point deduction. Otherwise they can GTF!

If they voluntarily give up their claimed history and remove the 5 stars from their shirts I would accede to a 15 point deduction. Otherwise they can GTF!

This!

Nah, they've made their bed. 25 points for the deluded bunch.

Any other decision from the SFA would be unacceptable and unfair to the other teams in Scottish football.

Jambof3tornado

Nah, they've made their bed. 25 points for the deluded bunch.

Any other decision from the SFA would be unacceptable and unfair to the other teams in Scottish football.

This. I don't care about their history.

This. I don't care about their history.

It's not really about the history. It's about humility. The orcs showed none the first time round and are showing precious little now.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

It's not really about the history. It's about humility. The orcs showed none the first time round and are showing precious little now.

I just want them weakened for as long as possible. Preferably permanently, but for as long as possible would have to do, I suppose.

This in absolute spades.

They do not know the meaning of the word humility.

I don't it would take long for the Owner of ?brox to show himself because that's where the value of assets lie. "You can't have this cause it's mine here's ra deeds"

The problem is that there are several conflicting claims on the ownership, and these could take a massive amount of unraveling in various court cases - making lots of lawyers very rich - while all the time the club sinks deeper into debt, and deeper into the shit.

We all laughed at him at the time, but Bomber Brown may just have called it right.... :blink:

It's been nice reading this thread over the last few days, but if Gasman keeps calling them 3angers then I think I'll have to stop.

Really..? :blink:

I found it mildly amusing that the third version of 3angers, may be playing at an ?1broke, they no longer own. :unsure:

I like it. Along with ?1brox.

:wow:

Barney Rubble

So how soon will admin occur ?, monday morning looks favourite to me leaving ahmed as an unsecured creditor ! thoughts ?

Rangers have appealed the decision which will be heard on Tuesday. The money i assume until then is still not Imrans.

I think any admin will be put off until they lose the appeal AND their share issue fails.

Rangers have appealed the decision which will be heard on Tuesday. The money i assume until then is still not Imrans.

I think any admin will be put off until they lose the appeal AND their share issue fails.

The money isn't Imran's anyway. His claim won't be decided until the November court case. The cash is being ringfenced (i.e. Rangers can't spend it) until the outcome of Ahmed's case.

Third Govan would be my preferred name if there was another liquidation and newnewco scenario.

I'm sure someone will do the sums.(Gasman?)

In Bank ?1.2m

Frozen ?600k

Balance ?600k

However running costs, monthly wage , tax / Vat all due (how much?)

Next income ?

Likely 'breaking point' ?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I'm not sure it would even be Imran's if the appeal fails. I think it would just be held back in case he wins his case later on. Could be wrong though. It's a total mess.

The problem is that there are several conflicting claims on the ownership, and these could take a massive amount of unraveling in various court cases - making lots of lawyers very rich - while all the time the club sinks deeper into debt, and deeper into the shit.

We all laughed at him at the time, but Bomber Brown may just have called it right.... :blink:

He may well have.

I know it's the age if internet rumours but I read somewhere around the split time last season, Rod Petrie had already been charged by the SFA to start tentative negotiations with SPFL clubs about sounding out league expansion.

Maybe there was more to LD coming to ER than first thought.

RP could then have on his CV that he saved scottish football when he applies for Campbell Oglvie's job.

Reckon they'd just about scrape through in 6th with a 25 point deduction, if it were a 16-team top league they might struggle to get fourth!

I like it. Along with ?1brox.

:wow:

What do we do if Yes wins the referendum and the English keep the pound to themselves? What' s the plan B?????

New club = 15 points. Any admin worth their salt will be arguing that.

I'm in the same boat Geoff.

A 15 point v. 25 point deduction is naturally better for the new business going forward. The administrators already know that as long as there is a football team wearing blue jerseys with the words Rangers in it, it will be followed. And those following it will believe in continuity, irrespective of what Scots law or football rules say about it*. And whether others like it or not, Rangers are a fabric of Scottish society.

If I was an administrator trying get best for both the creditors and the business going forward, I'd be pushing for significant clarity on the rules. Indeed I'd also argue that certainly the 25 point penalty couldn't be deducted until all legal avenues and rights of appeal have been exhausted. Potentially 15 would be acceptable, but you could also argue that no penalty should be handed out until all these avenues have been exhausted. And worryingly it would certainly draw us in to an off field debate we would rather not, that could impact on field performances too. Indeed, from a Rangers perspective, I'd be doing it for nusance factor to impact the opposition.

*Back in 2012 Douglas Fraser, BBC business editor was adamant company and club cannot be seperated. LNS said they could but he wasn't working off an open book, but a Terms of Reference supplied to him by the SPL. Admittedly, LNS will know more about Scots Law than Douglas Fraser or any of us ever will.

In Bank ?1.2m

Frozen ?600k

Balance ?600k

Next income ?

I'm sure I read that their running costs were close on two million a month, with income considerably less - resulting in a loss each month of about ?700,000.

Which ever way you slice it though, and even if they win Tuesday's appeal - they do not seem to currently have enough money to see out the month of September.

If they lose Tuesday's appeal, that "breaking point" as you call it, could potentially be as early as next week.

:blink:

Why would it be the third version of rangers?

Sevco going into admin doesn't mean they will die. Thought we of all people would know that.

League restructuring when it becomes apparent that we will win the title and sevco may miss out is inevitable.

I can say with no knowledge but virtual certainty that it is being discussed just now.

And in fairness to the football authorities thay have to look in to all contingencies.

If it is proposed and gets the go ahead, it would have to be the nail in the coffin for Doncaster.

He has told us so many times that the absolute number of teams the top league in Scotland can sustain is 12. And you could argue that if it is being looked in to, it is so much against his wishes, he should already be considering his position.

Then again does even a decent lawyer earn more than ?230kish per year?

Mind you, if we went to 16 clubs, I think Hibs would find a way to miss out.

In Bank ?1.2m

Frozen ?600k

Balance ?600k

Next income ?

They have ?1.5m in the bank.

There was a short recess yesterday when Summers called Philip Nash to get the exact up to date balance.

kingantti1874

Reckon they'd just about scrape through in 6th with a 25 point deduction, if it were a 16-team top league they might struggle to get fourth!

They have no bank debt, the only benefit of admin 2 would be as a mechanism to reduce monthly costs to a sustainable level.. They won't scrape top 6 as they have to empty most of the first team...

They have no bank debt, the only benefit of admin 2 would be as a mechanism to reduce monthly costs to a sustainable level.. They won't scrape top 6 as they have to empty most of the first team...

So all the orcs can look forward to after admin is more of the same but with a crap team and presumably a new manager?

kingantti1874

So all the orcs can look forward to after admin is more of the same but with a crap team and presumably a new manager?

With any luck

Will we see Easdale and Letham try to have their money ring fenced now or are they too deep in the mire to go down that road?

Will we see Easdale and Letham try to have their money ring fenced now or are they too deep in the mire to go down that road?

There's not enough left in the kitty to ring fence their loans in total. Anyway, aren't the loans secured over the car park?

If liquidation occurs again, the new basement of Scottish football is of course the Highland and Lowland leagues, with promotion and relegation effective as of this season.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

If liquidation occurs again, the new basement of Scottish football is of course the Highland and Lowland leagues, with promotion and relegation effective as of this season.

Good point. Even longer to get back if they were liquidated again.

:sweeet:

Edited by Gavsy Van Gaverson

Only if they win the league then 2 2 legged ties.

I've certainly read one Rangers supporter on TSFM who has been appalled about everything that has happened at Rangers, including the EBTs. Irrespective of points of law, he's sees it as what it was, tax avoidance.

If we go back to late spring / early summer of 2012, there were plenty Rangers fans, including one A.M. McCoist who said that in the event of liquidation, it would probably be right to place Rangers in the 3rd division.

However, at that time, the Rangers fans were being told by all and sundry that they weren't going to be liquidated and the CVA would go through despite a CVA never going to be approved.

But once the CVA was declined all bets and any contrition off.

A typical bully.

Edited by DETTY29

- probably not.. because for all we know, they already hold title to Ibrox ( though probably as agents for Hedge Fund) so they could always get a couple of million out if selling that!

Really..? :blink:

I found it mildly amusing that the third version of 3angers, may be playing at an ?1broke, they no longer own. :unsure:

I generally hate these names, Hobos, Castle Greyskull etc and have said so before, but the fact you are using this particular one to refer to Rangers MKII makes this one even more annoying. At least save it til they are in their 3rd incarnation.

I just can't see admin or worse happening. They'll wriggle out of it somehow. I have no idea of the financial ins and outs just a horrible gut feeling.

Not all bad news for them then!

Why would it be the third version of rangers?

Sevco going into admin doesn't mean they will die. Thought we of all people would know that.

Can't believe you got away with that... Will post again to see if we can get a nibble.

Can't believe you got away with that... Will post again to see if we can get a nibble.

Thought it was decent point and in no way fishing.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic