The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

alwaysthereinspirit

A statement from the Pars chairman issued tonight regarding the Rangers tax case.

CHAIRMAN`S STATEMENT

Tuesday, 8th Aug 2017

Club Chairman, Ross McArthur, would like to make the following statement.

?I am extremely disappointed to have to release the following statement, particularly as the subject matter below has proven to be an unnecessary distraction today on the eve of a very important cup match at Ibrox Stadium tomorrow evening. However, as ever I wish our own supporters to be fully aware of the facts, and put to bed some of the ludicrous accusations that have been put to me today by the wider media.

Like most other SPFL Clubs, we were contacted a couple of weeks ago by a number of supporters asking for our club to make a public statement following the review of the recent Rangers Tax Case. Myself and my fellow Board members took the decision not to do so, as our business practice since taking over the club from the administrators, has always been not to comment on any matters that do not adversely affect Dunfermline Athletic Football Club today. As a club, we still have a lot of bridges to rebuild. However, out of courtesy I believe you should always take the time to respond to someone who has written to our club. Therefore, I liaised with my fellow Board member (and Supporter Liaison Officer), Drew Main and we individually responded to each person who wrote to us. Most of the emails we received were from DAFC supporters, some were not.

In our reply, we tried to be honest as we could and to make the point that we felt it would be entirely hypocritical of us to try and make any mileage by commenting on another Scottish football club, as our own club had itself already brought Scottish football into disrepute, when it went into administration in 2013, and we had to be mindful we were in no position to take the moral high ground. Without spelling that out, clearly if DAFC could not pay its own staff, players, other clubs and HMRC then most reasonable people would understand that you have brought the game into disrepute.

Last week I was then contacted by the SFA, as one of the recipients of the email had clearly not been satisfied with our reply, or was attempting to create an issue, and had asked our governing body to investigate further. I can confirm that the SFA sent me one email, which I fully responded to the same day, explaining that the recipient was either attempting to make mileage in some way, or had taken our reply out of context. There has been no further dialogue between DAFC and the SFA.

I can also confirm that there was never at any time, reference to former managers, other clubs or previous matches ? this is totally spurious.

There are a lot of positive things happening in Scottish football, and there a lot of good people within our respective clubs and at our governing bodies who are working very hard to promote and showcase our national game, and it is disappointing that everyone cannot focus their energy into looking forward, rather than trying to constantly undermine the credibility of our game?.

Ross McArthur

Chairman

pretty crap statement from where I'm sitting. "Lets all just move on and be the punching bag for the two teams that matter"

I'd love to hear the names of the staff from the governing bodies working tirelessly to showcase our national game in an even handed way for all members. I would imagine its a short list. Load of $#!t. Thinks we all zip up the back of our heids.

pretty crap statement from where I'm sitting. "Lets all just move on and be the punching bag for the two teams that matter"

I'd love to hear the names of the staff from the governing bodies working tirelessly to showcase our national game in an even handed way for all members. I would imagine its a short list. Load of $#!t. Thinks we all zip up the back of our heids.

How can you say that...if you read the statement they were kind enough to reply and one person..one, thought to try and stir things up by going to the SFA and lo and behold that person seems to have shall we say made claims that frankly do not stack up.

The reply also tells us that many of the original letters were from fans of other clubs clearly showing there is a campaign by some groups to create issues.

They should have told them to take a hike and write to their own clubs instead of being polite enough to reply.

Dumfy take pragmatism to a new level.

How can you say that...if you read the statement they were kind enough to reply and one person..one, thought to try and stir things up by going to the SFA and lo and behold that person seems to have shall we say made claims that frankly do not stack up.

The reply also tells us that many of the original letters were from fans of other clubs clearly showing there is a campaign by some groups to create issues.

They should have told them to take a hike and write to their own clubs instead of being polite enough to reply.

if you had read it, you would know that some isn't the same as many. 

if you had read it, you would know that some isn't the same as many. 

But it could be..you don't know .....oh and ONE person thought it worthy of going to the SFA........is that many or some ?

But it could be..you don't know .....oh and ONE person thought it worthy of going to the SFA........is that many or some ?

oh, you mean your trying to make it fit your agenda

I suppose we should be thankful. The clubs could have put sevco in the second tier!

There's still folk out there, some on here, trying to rationalise the goings on, and, incredibly, villifying football fans on the way. You have to wonder why.

Edited by Riccarton3

My half sister

I know Ross McArthur personally and he has no love for either half of the Glasgow 2. He loves Dunfermlibe AfC and despite that statement is a very clever guy.

He can't be held responsible for any actions of the previous board.

Edited by My half sister

Unknown user

Oh, it COULD be many, but you said it IS, and you know **** all either don't you?

Cairneyhill Jambo

I can only assume the claims are about the allegations that a former manager threw a game to let Rangers win the title?

Hearts First

I can only assume the claims are about the allegations that a former manager threw a game to let Rangers win the title?

And all the Celtic fans in the Pars team agreed to it?

Maybe if the game here was not so riddled with corruption these allegstions would never come to the surface. Both Rangers and Celtic have benefited from the uneven playing field here for decades.

As for the Murray years at Rangers and what followed I really do t know how anyone can seek to defend what happened and the actions of the governing bodies in the game and their attempts to minimise the reaction and quite frankly cover up wrong doing on a industrial scale.

AllyjamboDerbyshire

You mean only one person was stupid enough to think the SFA might be prepared to act with honesty and honour! Are you suggesting that, should Ann Budge tell you something you strongly disagree with, you'd see the SFA as the place to go for satisfaction? I'm surprised there was as many as ONE person, in the whole of Scotland, thought going to the SFA was 'worthy' of their time!

Bridge of Djoum

Sadly I think that is right - for me at least Scottish Football is dead - I'm finished spending any money on it. Thankfully I haven't renewed my season ticket, I'll leave it a week or 2 to see if I feel any differently before cancelling my FOH donation.

I think we are better without you.

Glamorgan Jambo

To be honest I thought there was likely nothing to this but the hurriedly pulled together attack piece by Keith Jackson in the Rangers News, sorry Daily Record, makes one wonder more than a bit.

I know Ross McArthur personally and he has no love for either half of the Glasgow 2. He loves Dunfermlibe AfC and despite that statement is a very clever guy.

He can't be held responsible for any actions of the previous board.

Dunfermline as a club have been in the league for a long time, he as custodian of the club would be talking for the club, whether or not he was there when rangers cheated is irrelevant. his words as a representative of Dunfermline are that we should sweep away the cheating. i'll be surprised if any were happy with his letter.

if we go with CJGJ the ONE complaining to the SFA could hundreds if not almost all that complained to them.

ToadKiller Dog

Questions need to be asked why Stokes wasn't sent off for a punch and grab round the neck of the Orc player ,could have been red carded 3x in that one incident .He would have spent the the weekend in the cells if caught doing that on the street .

But to say Beaton is not pro Orc and actively conspiring against them with the other refs is pure fantasy paranoid nonsense of the highest level .

Orcs have lost it .

Footballfirst

The Celtic Supporters Association took up the offer from Neil Doncaster to meet with supporters groups following the SPFL Board's statement three weeks ago.

I had a meeting with Neil Doncaster and McKenzie.

Postby Joe O'Rourke ? Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:47 am

I and Association President John Andrews met with Neil Doncaster and Rod McKenzie on Monday night. The reason for the meeting which incidentally was at the request of Mr Doncaster, was for them to explain their position with regards to the Lord Nimmo Smith (LNS) Inquiry.

From the outset they both made it clear that they thought that the SPL did everything by the book and that they had no further part to play in accordance with the advice they got from a Senior Counsel.

They also stated that they, the SPFL, were happy to have an Independent Review of Scottish Football as stated about three weeks ago after they elected their new Board. The problem with that is, no Independent Review is worth having unless it also agreed by the SFA, and so far Mr Regan and his cronies have not agreed to a Review.

Mr Doncaster made it very clear that the decision taken by LNS cannot be revisited, the decision to fine Sevco ?250,000 is final. Mr McKenzie stressed that all the information held by the SPL was put before LNS, which included the proof of about 51 side letters. But what they cannot answer is, did the SFA act honestly with regards to LNS.

Mr Doncaster also agreed with us that the Five Way Agreement (FWA) was a barrier to Title stripping. That is the FWA that no-one outside if the signatories has actually seen. McKenzie and Doncaster actually admitted that in one of the early drafts of the agreement Title Stripping was one of the avenues that could be used as punishment to Sevco, not surprisingly Green, and apparently more so McCoist strongly opposed that route, so that clause was taken out.

That?s akin to a High Court Judge telling a convicted criminal that he could face twenty years in jail and the criminal saying I?m not having that. So the Judge says, well ok what about a fine of ?250? That will be fine (excuse the pun) your honour.

You have to wonder, if the FWA was good for Scottish Football as a whole, why has it not been made public? According to McKenzie the five signatories would have to agree to that, and he said that wouldn?t happen, but he never told us just exactly who would be opposed to going public, I think they would all oppose it to protect themselves.

Interestingly the SPFL Board backed the call for an Independent Review as proposed by Peter Lawwell at Celtic Football Club, but not one club came out publically and supported Peter Lawwell before the Board went public, which was about three weeks after Peter?s statement.

McKenzie said that club chairmen were backing Celtic, but not in public. I think that proves the point the Bullying and Intimidation by the Sevco Support is actually working, I also think the comments from Ann Budge and Stewart Milne prove that too.

So where do we go from here? Well we?re not beaten yet. We have to force the SFA to back the Independent Review. The only way that can be done is by supporters putting pressure on their own clubs to call for it.

Doncaster claims that the SPFL do not have the power within their rules to strip titles, but the SFA do have that power. So honest supporters throughout the whole of Scottish Football must stand up to the Bullies and Intimidators and force action from your own club?s. This is not a Celtic v Rangers issue, this is Honest and Integrity v Bullies and Intimidators issue. Football has to win, but it can only win if the honest decent supporters unite to make it happen.

RTC has tweeted the following in response:

Rangers Tax-Case? @rangerstaxcase 1h1 hour ago

Thoughts on the SPFL meetings with Celtic fans

DHWxV8FU0AEO70v.jpg

• The idea "we can't have justice in Scottish football. We promised in the 5 way agreement" is nonsense. Doncaster is pretending to be stupid.
  • The idea that setting the SP/FL's own history on what really happened 1998-2012 is a punishment on anyone is just an attempt at deflection.
  • There are many creative ways to have Scottish football accurately reflect that massive scale cheating occurred 1998-2012.
  • Anyone saying "sorry- we can't act" is full of crap and cannot be trusted on this subject.
  • What was the SPL's authority to enter into a secret agreement that could not be disclosed to its members?
Edited by Footballfirst

Footballfirst

So where to now for the ordinary supporter? 

You can only complain via your club and failing that support a judicial review if the law permits.

You can only complain via your club and failing that support a judicial review if the law permits.

I've done the first part. I'll wait and see if there is a mechanism for supporting a judicial review.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Footballfirst

I've done the first part. I'll wait and see if there is a mechanism for supporting a judicial review.

Ditto

132goals1958

So where to now for the ordinary supporter? 

I am beginning to think we should be a bit more respectful to auld Rangers and let them rest in peace. Everybody and their granny know they died in shame, utterly humiliated, winning trophies under false pretences. If the new tribute act wants to be associated with such a contaminated and polluted history let them live in their little sad delusional world. The rest of the world knows otherwise and it is a coming a bit unseemly in continuously ridiculing and mocking the dead. 

IveSeenTheLight

I am beginning to think we should be a bit more respectful to auld Rangers and let them rest in peace. Everybody and their granny know they died in shame, utterly humiliated, winning trophies under false pretences. If the new tribute act wants to be associated with such a contaminated and polluted history let them live in their little sad delusional world. The rest of the world knows otherwise and it is a coming a bit unseemly in continuously ridiculing and mocking the dead. 

There's a well used phrase in here that I think is appropriate.

NEVER LET THEM FORGET!!!!!!!

132goals1958

There's a well used phrase in here that I think is appropriate.

NEVER LET THEM FORGET!!!!!!!

Agreed -- some of what I wrote was tongue in cheek.

Five and a half Yrs down the line and Rangers are still here Re of the al there shenanigans  and will continue to do so Re

Sadly thems the facts no matter how moist some on here get thinking otherwise but enjoy the soap opera please

IveSeenTheLight

Five and a half Yrs down the line and Rangers are still here Re of the al there shenanigans  and will continue to do so Re

Sadly thems the facts no matter how moist some on here get thinking otherwise but enjoy the soap opera please

Sorry the s not the facts.

Facts are Rangers liquidated as a club and the authorities did something unprecedented by allowing a new team direct access into the fourth tier.

This new club "The Rangers" may look the same, smell the same, play in the same stadium and be supported by the same sets of fans, but they are not and have no history.

Never Let Them Forget

Independence

Facts are Rangers liquidated as a club and the authorities did something unprecedented by allowing a new team direct access into the fourth tier.

This new club "The Rangers" may look the same, smell the same, play in the same stadium and be supported by the same sets of fans, but they are not and have no history.

Never Let Them Forget

This.

alicante jambo

Never Let Them Forget

Well said dons fan.Up them and their scummy fans.

Thanks for posting that FF

Hopefully the SPFL (and SFA) will start running out breath and struggle to continue saying 'nothing to see here, move along'

IveSeenTheLight

Rangers fans are rhino skinned and hypocritical  beyond reason They dont do  truth best humoured I say

Yeah, yeah.

They don't do walking away either, but then they do.

No-one likes them, they don't care, but then they do care and whinge, moan, petition their perceived hardships.

If they're not cheating, they're hard done by.

Never Let Them Forget

Well said.

We cannot afford to let them forget. Ever since Rangers went bust, the authorities have tied themselves in knots trying to airbrush the whole sorry episode from history. They didn't care what they had to say or do, as long as everything could be back the way it was before. Well, they had to wait five years, but now 'The Rangers' are in the Premier League. All the SFA and SPFL need for the project to be complete is for everyone to accept 'The Rangers' as the same team as 'Rangers'. Once that happens, they can pretend that it was all just a bad dream.

Sorry, but I'm not prepared to accept that. If Rangers had taken their medicine, perhaps. If they had been required to forfeit the old club's honours, change their crest, and apply competitively for the vacant slot in the league, if they had been slapped with a proper transfer ban and forced to play a season with their U20 team like Hearts were, if they hadn't been allowed to move their assets out of the taxman's reach, if they had been stripped of the titles won by improperly registered players (when other teams have been thrown out of the Scottish Cup for fielding even one in one game), and if their horrible fans had at any point accepted that the club had done anything wrong. If, in short, they hadn't been allowed to defraud the whole of Scottish football, then go bust, and somehow get away with all of it scot free. But they did, and until justice is served, I will never accept that they are the same club.

Well said.

We cannot afford to let them forget. Ever since Rangers went bust, the authorities have tied themselves in knots trying to airbrush the whole sorry episode from history. They didn't care what they had to say or do, as long as everything could be back the way it was before. Well, they had to wait five years, but now 'The Rangers' are in the Premier League. All the SFA and SPFL need for the project to be complete is for everyone to accept 'The Rangers' as the same team as 'Rangers'. Once that happens, they can pretend that it was all just a bad dream.

Sorry, but I'm not prepared to accept that. If Rangers had taken their medicine, perhaps. If they had been required to forfeit the old club's honours, change their crest, and apply competitively for the vacant slot in the league, if they had been slapped with a proper transfer ban and forced to play a season with their U20 team like Hearts were, if they hadn't been allowed to move their assets out of the taxman's reach, if they had been stripped of the titles won by improperly registered players (when other teams have been thrown out of the Scottish Cup for fielding even one in one game), and if their horrible fans had at any point accepted that the club had done anything wrong. If, in short, they hadn't been allowed to defraud the whole of Scottish football, then go bust, and somehow get away with all of it scot free. But they did, and until justice is served, I will never accept that they are the same club.

Still say the 2 main issues for review are

1. Improper registration of players

2. Rangers direct access into League 2

buzzbomb1958

While there are crooks in charge of our game nothing will be done,their heads are so far up their arse they think they can do what they want,Id like to know if duncfester or Regan were paid ebt,s to smooth the way ,It's so brazenly crooked it's unbelievable and they are still in the jobs

Edited by buzzbomb1958

Wonder what Albion Rover's punishment will be for fielding an ineligible player in Challenge Cup game they won recently v Spartans

Wonder what Albion Rover's punishment will be for fielding an ineligible player in Challenge Cup game they won recently v Spartans

it wont be done by Sevco/rangers rules so they will be ejected from the cup using the SFA rules

Footballfirst

Livingston also fielded an ineligible player (Alan Lithgow ? suspended) in the same competition last year. They were ordered to replay the tie against Crusaders.

SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster said: ?In the interests of sporting integrity and fairness to both sides, the game will be replayed.?

It is probably worth noting what LNS said about the interpretation of rules between the SFA and SPL.

?There is every reason why the rules of the SFA and the SPL relating to registration should be construed and applied consistently with each other. Mr Bryson?s evidence about the position of the SFA in this regard was clear. In our view, the Rules of the SPL, which admit of a construction consistent with those of the SFA, should be given that construction.?

That being the case then the rules applied by the SPFL in their cup competition (the Irn-Bru cup), should be applied in a consistent way to those applied by the SFA in their cup competition (Scottish Cup). Well Spartans lost their place in the Scottish Cup for fielding an ineligible player against Culter. That doesn?t appear to be a consistent interpretation of the rules of the two organisations. Of course, I sure Mr Bryson would argue that the rules only need to be applied consistently for player registrations, or if a club called Rangers might otherwise lose out.

Edited by Footballfirst

Hagar the Horrible

The corrupt SFA, up to their necks in it, just want it all to go away, the SPFL also would like to just get on with doing nothing.  Perhaps in untested law we can or cannot strip titles, the LNS enquiry you could sail the HMS Queen Elizabeth Aircraft Carrier through it, because it was a fudge and a halfarsed effort with lies and lies submitted, notwithstanding the legal outcome that their use of the EBT's were illegal.

The 5WA is the key, The signatories and this agreement needs to come into public scrutiny.  It was founded on the fact that they wanted a new entity that was to look and sound like the Dead Rangers to start again at the very top, (Doncaster/Regan in unison....Armageddon becons) The fans put paid to that, they then wanted them in at the second level, the fans and Raith Rovers (God bless Turnbull Hutton) put paid to that, This 5WA was put in place clearly not acting in the best interests of the game nor all its member clubs who were robbed by this fraudulent club.  Rangers were punished with a slap on the wrist for being naughty boys, when the signatories only were driven by a desire to return a new version of Rangers to the top by opening the door as wide as possible at the bottom, at the expense of due process and the ability of non league clubs to equally and fairly apply for this vacant league membership???????

Rangers broke the law...Fact,  Rangers broke the rules regarding dual contracts and therefor had an unfair sporting advantage...Fact.  Is the 5WA agreement a legal document indistutable in court...possibly but what if a known dishonourable institution like Rangers had applied undue pressure to force those signatures or even a financial insentive? then the 5WA is in doubt, likewise if the signatories of the 5WA were just acting voluntarily in favour of the Newco Rangers, Then we need to know?

Either UEFA and or the Scottish Government needs to force into the open a full enquiry with all the legal powers of the state, to see if the the governing body and senior officials of our national game are indeed as the perception IS that they are corrupt, or are fit for purpose?  What must not be allowed to happen is this swept under the carpet, because if there is nothing to hide, then the SFA need to allow a review.

Lance Armstrong should claim his titles back, by going bust and starting off again as The Lance Armstrong?  For be this is not an anti Rangers crusade, but it is what I have always beleived after all of this and after the davisgate affair, that the SFA has been complicit in providing unfair advantage to that one club, and this now goes way beyond perception and its growing straglehold is killing our game slowly, and that IS a more realistic scenario that the Armageddon threat that never materialised.

You know in all of this I would probably just have been happy with a sincere apology.  and my windows not under persecution

My reading of the player registration penalties eg Spartans or Livingston is the old style "rules are the basis for order in football / society. Any breach is serious. If we let you even a minor breach we open the flood gates to people doing other things. Its important we maintain order"

The Rangers situation is the same that great power overrules everything else.

The Celtic Supporters Association took up the offer from Neil Doncaster to meet with supporters groups following the SPFL Board's statement three weeks ago.

I've no idea how accurate or honest these notes from the meeting may be, but assuming for one minute that they're a fair reflection on what was said....

....then it gives me the distinct impression that, for the first time I've been aware, Doncaster and Regan are not speaking with a single voice. I'd even go a bit further and say it looks almost like Doncaster is trying to push Regan under the bus, to save his own skin.

If (and I accept it's a very big "if") they turn on each other, who knows what may come to light..?

What I would like to know is why Neil Doncaster invited this particular group to a meeting with him?

What about the supporters groups of every other team in Scotland who may have had concerns about his statement.

It says to me quite unequivocally that he has once again shown the attitude that only two teams in Scotland matter to him and the rest of us do not matter one jot. His arrogance is breathtaking.

He is hopeless and hapless and the quicker he and Mr Reagan disappear the better our football will be for it.

I've no idea how accurate or honest these notes from the meeting may be, but assuming for one minute that they're a fair reflection on what was said....

....then it gives me the distinct impression that, for the first time I've been aware, Doncaster and Regan are not speaking with a single voice. I'd even go a bit further and say it looks almost like Doncaster is trying to push Regan under the bus, to save his own skin.

If (and I accept it's a very big "if") they turn on each other, who knows what may come to light..?

Behind the scenes the SPFL may be seeking to push for change through this review.

A stalking horse for other things.

But we don't know.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic