Black - get rid

Rivlin

Ricardo Quaresma

I wonder if all the Black haters have ever thought about going up to Riccarton and giving their personal opinions to the man face to face?

Seems if you feel that strongly about it then is that not the way it should be done, or maybe it's safer just to do it on an anonymous forum.

That would be 'lunging in' for no good reason, without thinking of the... oh wait

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gregory House M.D.

The guy is a druggie half wit liability get rid asap IMHO

If you'd like to take it up further I'll gladly pass on your details.

somakeanoise

Are some folk on here referring to Ian Black when he was 12 or as a professional? How many red cards has he received in spl? Soccerbase website suggests today was his 2nd in what is now his 8th season. 2 red in 167 league games hardly horrendous.

Coburg Hearts

Just seen it on SSN and I'm still not convinced that it was a straight red.

If it was someone else it would probably have just been a yellow imo.

Absolutely this!! Any other player and that was a yellow card. Could you honestly see an old-firm player getting sent off for that?

Coburg Hearts

Anyone who says it wasn't a red card offence is a clown.

Better change my user-name to Coco, then.

Anyone who says it wasn't a red card offence is a clown.

Well, call me Krusty. I have often thought Black foolish, rash and/or vindictive but on this occasion I consider he has been hard done by. Richard "rush to judgement" Gordon owes him an apology.

fabienleclerq

I wonder if all the Black haters have ever thought about going up to Riccarton and giving their personal opinions to the man face to face?

Seems if you feel that strongly about it then is that not the way it should be done, or maybe it's safer just to do it on an anonymous forum.

Really?

It's a forum for Hearts fans to share their opinions!!

And as for safer, do you think Blacks gonna start knocking about fans because he's not their favourite player??!!

Our great run last season coincided with Black and Zaliukas coming back into the team and playing great! The 2 most disliked Hearts players on kickback!

Or maybe it's just more appropriate to post comments on a fans forum like this? If he cannae handle such comments and/or would prefer a personal confrontation at his workplace, he's probably in the wrong profession.

Teuchterjambo

Definite conteneder for "the most stupid post ever" title.

Wise up - this is a forum for opinion.

Guess The Crowd

Well, call me Krusty. I have often thought Black foolish, rash and/or vindictive but on this occasion I consider he has been hard done by. Richard "rush to judgement" Gordon owes him an apology.

Spot on.

Black cost us the game yesterday make no mistake but he is probably the best central midfielder we have. Which is more of an insult to the rest than a compliment to him.

Just saw the highlights, it's clear Black didn't mean to go in like that but it was definitely a red card.

He was a liability against Dundee Utd and he's essentially cost us this game.

Last season he went through a spell of idiocy. Against Rangers he injured Jelavic whilst having a brilliant game. The media outrage seemed to enhance his performances as he was careful not to get involved too much.

He needs to "screw the heid" and soon.

Gregory House M.D.

He was a liability against Dundee Utd...

If you say so. :unsure:

If you say so. :unsure:

I did and do.

We need leaders in the middle of the park.

Dundee Utd were admittedly kicking him up and down the park, he let it get to him and spent half the game whining to the ref before being booked for a needless kick on a Utd player.

In the 2nd half of last season, Black had many games where he was kicked up and down by the opposition, he reacted better those times.

Seymour M Hersh

Black cost us the game yesterday make no mistake but he is probably the best central midfielder we have. Which is more of an insult to the rest than a compliment to him.

That would be frightening if it were correct. I don't personally think he is our best cm. Sideways and back are his first thoughts when he gets the ball, cannot link up play with the forwards and all too rarely attempts to get ahead of the ball. Far too much in the Michael Stewart (blame everyone but me) style of player as well. No, sorry mate but he is nowhere near our best cm. There are young players not getting a chance that are better than him.

That would be frightening if it were correct. I don't personally think he is our best cm. Sideways and back are his first thoughts when he gets the ball, cannot link up play with the forwards and all too rarely attempts to get ahead of the ball. Far too much in the Michael Stewart (blame everyone but me) style of player as well. No, sorry mate but he is nowhere near our best cm. There are young players not getting a chance that are better than him.

it`s not really a point i feel strongly enough to argue about.

I haven`t seen much of our younger central midfielders. I'm not a fan of Mrowiec but I think playing a young skillfull midfielder beside him could work.

:lol:

I'd have to see it on a replay. Didn't look a red to me, but some guys on the bus saying they thought it was.

Think he can do a job, but is nowhere near consistent enough (who is in maroon?). He does need to calm the feck down, though. Little man syndrome to the max with him.

If you double click on the screen you can watch it full screen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MimB0cTcyg

mahgrassyshoes

Just watched hambones youtube footage. Only got a decent view from close up and it looked like black went to pass the ball and Lasley slid in.

Ian Black is no great shakes, but he is the best we have in there (excluding youth, haven't seen enough). As JohnJL said, it's more an insult to the rest than a compliment, although i personally think Hamill might be a better man for the role than black along side Robinson/Holt/someone who can play a killer pass.

Patrick Bateman

Maybe someone with time on their hands could create a youtube video of Ian Black's greatest challenges? Jelavic, Diouf, Lasley, I'm sure there must be more. Black isn't our worst midfielder, but the fact he starts every game is indicative of the fact we really need to improve the central areas.

H J Simpson

It's a deserved red card. If a challenge like that went in on a Hearts player then I'd be demanding likewise.

Blacks reaction says it all - no protests to the ref

Just watched hambones youtube footage. Only got a decent view from close up and it looked like black went to pass the ball and Lasley slid in.

Ian Black is no great shakes, but he is the best we have in there (excluding youth, haven't seen enough). As JohnJL said, it's more an insult to the rest than a compliment, although i personally think Hamill might be a better man for the role than black along side Robinson/Holt/someone who can play a killer pass.

You know the score mate. Any one of Jonsson, Black, Stevenson, Mrowiec in the middle will do fine alongside the right type of player. From the very little I have seen and heard about Robinson he could be the type we need. If PS doesn`t fancy him we need to spend now imo.

It's a deserved red card. If a challenge like that went in on a Hearts player then I'd be demanding likewise.

The highlights might not show it, but according to the radio it took him a good few minutes to leave the pitch as he was protesting with the officials.

If Black had meant any malice he wouldn't have gone in side footed.

It was unfortunate that Lasley was quicker to the ball, otherwise it would have been a fair tackle

and Black would have still been on the park.

Listening to Richard Gordon on the radio after the game, I thought Blackie had killed the boy. :o

Richard Gordon = Drama Queen.

The Old Tolbooth

Black made an arse of himself after he was shown the red card, he went nuts at the ref, and nuts at the linesman, he's too hot headed and how the hell this was his first red card for Hearts is a mystery to me.

I really can't understand all the people on here who think he's a good player, our standards have dropped by hundreds of miles if folk think he's decent, he couldn't lace Hartley, Cameron, or Aguair's boots imo, and if we had one of these players of a similar quality in that pish poor side yesterday, then we would have won that game, Sergio must have seen this.

He's too short for a defensive midfielder and a liability.

If Vlad wants to win leagues he needs to employ better players than the likes of Black.

Not good enough.

do you remember when they used to call it the "makalele role"?

they actually renamed the position based on just how good he was there.

he was MASSIVE

5'7"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claude_Mak%C3%A9l%C3%A9l%C3%A9

are you serious?

i spoke on a forum recently about how sad aging football casuals are. but i wouldn't walk into thier local boozer and point at them and say "get a grip and stop wearing burberry caps you sad old man"

thats what forums are for. mocking people from a safe distance

as for black however, he's just a tiny wee man. i'd tell him he was a liability then wedgie him!

mahgrassyshoes

You know the score mate. Any one of Jonsson, Black, Stevenson, Mrowiec in the middle will do fine alongside the right type of player. From the very little I have seen and heard about Robinson he could be the type we need. If PS doesn`t fancy him we need to spend now imo.

Like I said, I've not seen much of either but from what I hear Holt would be the player that can split defence. The way the midfield is we need to take a chance on these boys. The kind of player we need are produced in Scotland very often and to bring them in is usually expensive. Again, if PS can find a gem in Portugal or elsewhere on the continent, the chances are the youth are our best hope.

Fermit the Krog

End of the day on a surface like yesterdays, you need to stay on your feet where possible.

Whilst I don't think there was any malice intended, by failing to stay on his feet and not playing the ball he's given the referee a decision to make.

It would be a waste of a grand to appeal IMO as it'll be thrown out immediately.

Coburg Hearts

:what:

Hahaha.......................I knew you would object. :D Coco2 it is then. :thumbsup:

What the feck is he playing at giving the ref the decision to make?

It's not a first either, seen him crunch into challenges like this loads of times.

Grow the **** up, stop acting like a kid on hard man on the pitch and show professionalism for your club, team mates and the team you support.

What the feck is he playing at giving the ref the decision to make?

It's not a first either, seen him crunch into challenges like this loads of times.

Grow the **** up, stop acting like a kid on hard man on the pitch and show professionalism for your club, team mates and the team you support.

Agreed, was a sending off IMO.

sorry to say, but i think it was really harsh. Seems to me it was a bit of a 50/50. It was clearly 2 players committed to the tackle and because Lasley slides under Black and inevitably Black goes over the top, it maybe looks bad. Lasley done well on the play acting front btw.

As has been said, the refs know the rules but not the game.

Ricardo Quaresma

End of the day on a surface like yesterdays, you need to stay on your feet where possible.

Whilst I don't think there was any malice intended, by failing to stay on his feet and not playing the ball he's given the referee a decision to make.

It would be a waste of a grand to appeal IMO as it'll be thrown out immediately.

It is being appealed

Hopefully it will prevent a recurrence, win or not; we need every player we can get just now

Gods a Jambo

The knicker twisters on here and those who went well over the top will keep their stance on the situation. To call that a red, after having a second look shows your eyes must be painted on. Black clearly goes to side foot the ball, Lasley is sliding in and it is his momentum that carries him through, causing blacks left leg to catch him in the ribs. Why is he holding his knee? I can see why, from the ref's angle, he gave a red. The commentator even mentions it doesnt look bad from the reverse angle, because it isnt a bad tackle. Its no worse than Lasley's on Adrian.

I think its more to do with who it is, as opposed to the incident itself. I accept we will all see incidents differently, but to call that a deserved red after a second viewing, is in my opinion, stupid. The hysteria attached to the incident on the radio was laughable and has added to some peoples views. It sounded like Black went in off the ground with a straight leg, he never.

It is being appealed

Great, another well thought out appeal to go with others. :(

Gods a Jambo

Great, another well thought out appeal to go with others. :(

What, like Eggys one, the last one we appealed, and won?

What, like Eggys one, the last one we appealed, and won?

There wasn't much of a doubt about that one though. To be successfully appealed there has to be no doubt at all it wasn't the correct decision. at 50%50 there's no danger it will be one.

Ricardo Quaresma

Just re-checked, could well be wrong; can't find anything

May have been Eggert's appeal on EEN (old article)

Apologies

Gods a Jambo

There wasn't much of a doubt about that one though. To be successfully appealed there has to be no doubt at all it wasn't the correct decision. at 50%50 there's no danger it will be one.

There was a dount imo, I think we have every right to appeal, the reverse angle shows there was no malice at all, and it was no worse than the affected players tackle earlier in the game. Funny how Lasley was hit in the ribs by a trailing left leg, yet holds his knee.

There was a dount imo, I think we have every right to appeal, the reverse angle shows there was no malice at all, and it was no worse than the affected players tackle earlier in the game. Funny how Lasley was hit in the ribs by a trailing left leg, yet holds his knee.

You got that wrong. There has to be no doubt the decision is wrong before it gets rescinded.

There was zero doubt Eggy's card was the wrong decision. There is doubt it's the wrong decision on this one.

Gods a Jambo

You got that wrong. There has to be no doubt the decision is wrong before it gets rescinded.

There was zero doubt Eggy's card was the wrong decision. There is doubt it's the wrong decision on this one.

If they go onto the bbc highlights and pause it at 2.44, they will see it was never a red, I challange you to do the same. Go to hambones video abouve an pause it at 12 seconds.

If they go onto the bbc highlights and pause it at 2.44, they will see it was never a red, I challange you to do the same. Go to hambones video abouve an pause it at 12 seconds.

My opinion is it was a stupid, dangerous lunge (Black has history of this) on wet ground. No complaints over the sending off.

Gods a Jambo

My opinion is it was a stupid, dangerous lunge (Black has history of this) on wet ground. No complaints over the sending off.

Thats your right, however your deciding to ignore the evidence in front of you. Go up the page to Hambones video and pause it at 12 seconds. You can clearly see that there is no lunge as Black opens up his body to sidefoot the ball. Not once did he lunge and after a review of the video, I cant see how you can say he did.

Robbo-Jambo

Black made an arse of himself after he was shown the red card, he went nuts at the ref, and nuts at the linesman, he's too hot headed and how the hell this was his first red card for Hearts is a mystery to me.

I really can't understand all the people on here who think he's a good player, our standards have dropped by hundreds of miles if folk think he's decent, he couldn't lace Hartley, Cameron, or Aguair's boots imo, and if we had one of these players of a similar quality in that pish poor side yesterday, then we would have won that game, Sergio must have seen this.

The worrying thing for me is that Sergio seems to be praising Black in todays media. <_<

Thats your right, however your deciding to ignore the evidence in front of you. Go up the page to Hambones video and pause it at 12 seconds. You can clearly see that there is no lunge as Black opens up his body to sidefoot the ball. Not once did he lunge and after a review of the video, I cant see how you can say he did.

Opens his body up or not it's still a stupid dangerous lunge. He didn't win the ball either.

If he didn't open up his body and move his leg last min it could have been a crippler of a challenge. It's daft at speed on a wet surface. He got what he deserved. if it was the other way about you wouldn't be saying it was unlucky imo.

Archived