Black - get rid

Rivlin

Richard Luffnan

black is absolute crap always has been idiots who think otherwise should be at fester road

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No need for a replay, I started shouting at the **** as soon as he made the ridiculous challenge. Players like him really do my head in, why did he take an eternity to actually get off the park? Was he expecting the ref to say "actually Ian I've had second thoughts, I'll just make it a yellow?"

fabienleclerq

He's too short for a defensive midfielder and a liability.

If Vlad wants to win leagues he needs to employ better players than the likes of Black.

Not good enough.

Im not blacks biggest fan i don't think he has the right attitude or enough talent to play for Hearts.

How can you sayhe is too short? One word.....Makelele.

Im not blacks biggest fan i don't think he has the right attitude or enough talent to play for Hearts.

How can you sayhe is too short? One word.....Makelele.

I'd suggest Makelele is probably an exception to the rule.

Then probably end any potential comparison there...

fabienleclerq

I'd suggest Makelele is probably an exception to the rule.

Then probably end any potential comparison there...

Im comparing height not ability.

De jong? Gattuso?

Looked a lot worse than it was, if it was an OF player there would be uproar

In fact Lasley's first challenge could have been a red on another day

Lasley on Big Adrian is every bit as bad as Black on Lasley. If Black caught Lasley, it was his trailing leg only. Scottish referees are shite.

Footballfirst

Just watched it on Sportsscene. I don't think Black can have any complaints. Lasley did make a meal of the challenge but I couldn't honestly say that the ref got the decision wrong.

i think if you look up the word reckless in a dictionary you will now see a picture of that tackle.

He's late and in mid air. Guy needs to take a chill pill. Sometimes you need to close down, keep tight and just let the guy play it. Why make a tackle like that 60 yards from your own goal?

The question is why was Blacks a red and Lasleys first wasnt, both virtually identical. In fact black never even had his foot off the ground.

Im comparing height not ability.

De jong? Gattuso?

Don't worry, I grasped that. You're right enough that there indeed others of similar height to Black.

As for Makelele, he probably was made to look like a midget as he played alongside some pretty big *******s in his career. Even the likes of Lampard are of pretty decent height.

It was his trailing leg that caught him, think the red was harsh. Though you can see why the ref gave him a red.

was thinking this too,i reserved judgement until i seen the challenge and have to say YES he was a bit late,but he never touched lasleys leg,yet Lasley rolls about like it was a leg breaker. the first yellow Lasley got had more contact and was much more likely to injure Adrien than Blacks challenge

but Ian Black has a reputation that precedes him now,both ets of the Old Scum and the weedgie media have him labelled as a dirty barsteward and any challenge he puts in that is deemed to be a little late wil be viewed as reckless and dirty

Never a red in a million years. They both go to lunge in, Lasley slides with his studs up, Black realises he ain't getting the ball and could get hurt, so he lifts his right foot up and over Lasley to avoid him. His trailing leg then catches him.

I felt like everyone else when I heard the radio but on seeing it, he was very very unlucky.

fabienleclerq

Don't worry, I grasped that. You're right enough that there indeed others of similar height to Black.

As for Makelele, he probably was made to look like a midget as he played alongside some pretty big *******s in his career. Even the likes of Lampard are of pretty decent height.

Next to viera for France!!

Just making the point to the guy footballs about ability and while its somtimes an advantage to be tall i could name players that are short in every position.

Black doesnt have the ability bit IMO but his attention span/concentration are his biggest weakness.Im bored of his nagging being confused with passion.

Totaly with you there having seen it on TV

He should have walked and had spent

A lot of the game kicking anything in maroon

At least blacks was 50/50 ish

He's still to inconsistent and a liabilty when

Things get nasty

Just seen it on sportscene, personally if black had of got there a bit quicker then it would have been a different story! He could hardly stop mid flow of a challenge. It was a 50/50. I thought a yellow card.

I don't think black is the best player, but he does have some good games. Suffers a little from wee man syndrome.

Jambof3tornado

football is great for opinions. Hundreds of us will watch the same tackle in a match yet some will say red some will say yellow,some may even say it wiz a dive!!!

What is a fact is that it was a challenge that didnt need to be made at all. Dont make the challenge and you dont force the ref to make a decision. Black is guilty of this far too often.

Templeton'sUnderpants

It astounds me that people with the benefit of that replay still think that was a fair red.

As far as I can see Lasley lunges in studs up, Black goes over him to protect himself and his trailing leg goes in to Lasley, with studs not showing.

In what way that translates to a red I do not understand. I think possibly some people have just made their mind up that Black is reckless and dives in so will see this in any challenge he makes.

Diadora Van Basten

Never a red in a million years. They both go to lunge in, Lasley slides with his studs up, Black realises he ain't getting the ball and could get hurt, so he lifts his right foot up and over Lasley to avoid him. His trailing leg then catches him.

I felt like everyone else when I heard the radio but on seeing it, he was very very unlucky.

I thought that as well, probably looked worse at the time and Lasley reacted like he had a broken leg. Just one of those things a 50/50 ball that I would expect a midfielder to compete for.

superhearts

Just seen the replay on Sky.Looked a red to me.

Forget whether it was or wasn't for a minute.He is shite and isn't good enough.

He cannot be selected for the next game due to being banned therefore could be a blessing or are we about to find out that we dont have strength in depth.

There are obviously mixed views on him, but he is a complete and utter liability IMO. In every game there was a point when I thought he would walk, he always thinks he has to win the ball when it's never there to be won. He's just a silly wee laddie that can't control his temper. If this was in a more important game, EVERYONE would be calling for his head. He let everyone down today IMO, and bar 1 pass, was sh*te anyway.

Radioactive Mince

Damn it, I didn't realise Sportscene was on tonight. Seems it's yet another unjust Hearts red card then...

Agree with Jambo Tornado's point a few posts ago - He just doesn't need to do half the stuff he gets carded for.

Forgot to say in my earlier post that, at the time, I started cheering because I thought it was Lasley who was being sent off. Make of that what you will...

Trying to keep conspiracy stuff out of this, but how many unfair reds do we seem to receive? I know that, to an extent, Black's reputation goes before him but come on, eh? It seems the Jelavic thing is still lingering on, to me.

We'll be fined again next season and we'll be nowhere near the dirtiest team, almost guaranteed.

Just seen the red, havnt read this thread so I will give my first impression.

I dont think it was even a tackle, he shapped to pass the ball the motherwell player slid in and both missed the ball. I think the angle the ref saw it looked like a bad tackle and Black was very unlucky.

Ryan Gosling

Oh and another thing that didn't help:

Ian Black committed at least 4 fouls in the second half before he did that. He was almost determined to get into trouble. He's a feckin clown.

Watch Templeton's reaction after he's made the tackle.

Hearts Heritage

When you see it first time it looks a 'definite red' and was probable even worse looking from the angle the Ref saw it at.

Unlucky but what was He doing going in like that for anyway?

Stuart McCall has told BBC Sport that he doesnt think it was a red card either. Well not in so many words but certainly alludes to the fact. Says both players went in committed and both went for the ball.

was thinking this too,i reserved judgement until i seen the challenge and have to say YES he was a bit late,but he never touched lasleys leg,yet Lasley rolls about like it was a leg breaker. the first yellow Lasley got had more contact and was much more likely to injure Adrien than Blacks challenge

but Ian Black has a reputation that precedes him now,both ets of the Old Scum and the weedgie media have him labelled as a dirty barsteward and any challenge he puts in that is deemed to be a little late wil be viewed as reckless and dirty

listened to sandy clark and richard gordon .2 run of the mill challenges by lasley ,a cowards dirty tackle straight red by black. even some the guys on here would have to admit that lasleys first yellow and blacks red were identical. at least sergio has quickly found out how the rules are slightly different in scotland. how many times has jonnson been sent off? give me blackie any day

listened to sandy clark and richard gordon .2 run of the mill challenges by lasley ,a cowards dirty tackle straight red by black. even some the guys on here would have to admit that lasleys first yellow and blacks red were identical. at least sergio has quickly found out how the rules are slightly different in scotland. how many times has jonnson been sent off? give me blackie any day

oh i know,i was listening to this and wanted to reserve judgement until i had seen the challenge instead of jumping on the bandwagon of the hysterical over-reactionists that JKB is famous for. Lasley was lucky to stay on the park after his first challenge,Black was unlucky to be sent off after that challenge but needless to say he is an easy target for the boo-boys

oh i know,i was listening to this and wanted to reserve judgement until i had seen the challenge instead of jumping on the bandwagon of the hysterical over-reactionists that JKB is famous for. Lasley was lucky to stay on the park after his first challenge,Black was unlucky to be sent off after that challenge but needless to say he is an easy target for the boo-boys

And why would that be................probably because he is a 1st Division player trying to make his point in the SPL for which he isnt fit to grace

And why would that be................probably because he is a 1st Division player trying to make his point in the SPL for which he isnt fit to grace

football is all about opinions,Mrowiec dives in recklessly every game yet doesn't get the attention Black does and he has even less footballing ability. Black is a better player than Mrowiec,he is a better player in CM than Johnsson,he is better in CM than McGowan....remove Black from our midfield and we are a worse team.

I have never liked Ian Black. I think he exudes a stupid juvenile streak that the team can do without. I don't think the challenge today was particularly dirty, however I think that he has been sent off enough and let down the team enough to merit his criticism.

I have never liked Ian Black. I think he exudes a stupid juvenile streak that the team can do without. I don't think the challenge today was particularly dirty, however I think that he has been sent off enough and let down the team enough to merit his criticism.

out of interest,just how many red cards has Ian Black had since he came to Tynecastle?

I wonder if all the Black haters have ever thought about going up to Riccarton and giving their personal opinions to the man face to face?

Seems if you feel that strongly about it then is that not the way it should be done, or maybe it's safer just to do it on an anonymous forum.

out of interest,just how many red cards has Ian Black had since he came to Tynecastle?

Not sure and I cant be bothered checking.

I wonder if all the Black haters have ever thought about going up to Riccarton and giving their personal opinions to the man face to face?

Seems if you feel that strongly about it then is that not the way it should be done, or maybe it's safer just to do it on an anonymous forum.

Never thought of going up to Riccarton to confront Ian Black about the subject. I fancy my chances with the wee guy if I did though.

The answer is one.

Today's.

Fair enough, I still think he is a liability on the cusp of a sending off in many a game.

Archived