Black - get rid

Rivlin

Tyrion Lannister

If he was a decent player, I'd maybe put up with him being a complete ****.

It's a shame he's absolutely chronic.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some need to take their maroon specs off, this is just another example, Black

is a liability and always has been - you might not like it but he is a 'dirty' player'

who goes all out to take a player out, add to that he's no better than average in the SPL.

jamboinglasgow

Hopefully this finally gives Scott Robinson his chance. I have said it many times before, Scott can do everything Black does on the pitch better then Black can do and he has a much better temperament.

I wasn't there today so I cannot really comment on the red card, but, we should get rid.

An awful football player that was dreadful against Dundee United and has never really looked a good player in his time at Hearts. I'd hope that the new boss will see soon enough that he simply isn't good enough.

Morgaro Gomis

.... and he regularly gets sent off. Liability.

Completely incorrect.

Silvery_Moon

I appreciate that many on this site will consider my views invalid as I'm not a regular poster and I'm not at the game today, but frankly I don't care. I've being going since 1967, seen over 1,000 games and have just turned the radio off in anger. Black is a liability who shows incredible immaturity both on and off the pitch. I have no desire to see him appear in a Hearts team ever again.

Your opinion is as valid as any other sir.

I too was not there today so can only go on what I heard on the radio.

I've come not to expect much from Hearts in the league whilst we are in Europe. We've always struggled. Our wonderful UEFA Cup campaign of 1988/89 was offset by our poor league form. I don't expect much from Hearts whilst we are still in Europe.

A cup and a run in Europe would be nice this year though.

Hearts of Vladland

Some need to take their maroon specs off, this is just another example, Black

is a liability and always has been - you might not like it but he is a 'dirty' player'

who goes all out to take a player out, add to that he's no better than average in the SPL.

My maroon specs seem to also be working on stats... one sending off when on the field off play in a Hearts top... LIABILITY!

Lets be honest guys, he is a total liability. He has cost us the game today, and that is beyond doubt.

Runs around like a headless chicken. All the teams in the league know he has a short fuse and will react to any challenge on him.

Lets get onto footballing ability - abysmal passing, too small to compete physically for high balls in midfield, and awful goal scoring record for a midfielder.

To be fair from where I was sitting at the game both players seemed to lunge in for the ball just that the Motherwell player started to roll about.... Black off and their cheat runs straight back on the park Like nothing happened

Jambof3tornado

Lets be honest guys, he is a total liability. He has cost us the game today, and that is beyond doubt.

Runs around like a headless chicken. All the teams in the league know he has a short fuse and will react to any challenge on him.

Lets get onto footballing ability - abysmal passing, too small to compete physically for high balls in midfield, and awful goal scoring record for a midfielder.

Cant argue with any of that!!

My maroon specs seem to also be working on stats... one sending off when on the field off play in a Hearts top... LIABILITY!

Yes - add up all the nasty tackles he has been lucky to get away with, and the ones where no contact was made, but the intent was there. Liability? YES

was at the game and looked to me like lasley cruised in on black who stood his ground. Lasley rolled about and black got sent off. Unless a stamp or similar was missed then black was innocent and the victim of lasleys play acting.

I like to see a team with a ball winner with some dig in midfield.

Other than Black I don't think there is anybody else in the squad who can play that position as effectively.

If Black could stop getting worked up, cut out the niggly stuff and just concentrate on the game he'd be a really good player.......IMO.

Cappuccino Kid

was at the game and looked to me like lasley cruised in on black who stood his ground. Lasley rolled about and black got sent off. Unless a stamp or similar was missed then black was innocent and the victim of lasleys play acting.

That's the way I saw it.

His reputation clearly precedes him. Dundee United set out to wind him up last week, late tackles and leaving the foot in and he got no protection. I thought he did well to restrain himself a couple of times.

His first questionable tackle regularly sees him in the book.

I like Black though. Would take him ahead of Hammil or Mrowiec every time.

scots civil war

while we are leaning on the ######

what about his shotmaking skills ?

:ermm:

At the game my first reaction was free kick to us. Both players lunged for the ball.

Agree with others in that Black must go, but that is more to do with his footballing ability (or lack of it)

Templeton'sUnderpants

On my way back from the game.

Way I saw it Lasley lunged in straight at Black who stood his ground. Actually assumed Black had kicked out or something as I had thought it was Lasley getting sent off.

From my view I could see no justification that Black had committed any foul.

BoJack Horseman

He's got a temper, we know. We've known that since he got here, we knew that before he got here. Why are we still complaining about it?

I don't rate Black too highly, he's a decent SPL player but he's hardly a stand-out. He puts in his shift, gets stuck about and is passionate about the team.

I'll be interested to see if Scott Robinson steps up now or not. If we truly have better players in the team then this will be their chance to show that.

Calm down dears.

At the game my first reaction was free kick to us. Both players lunged for the ball.

Way I saw it Lasley lunged in straight at Black who stood his ground. Actually assumed Black had kicked out or something as I had thought it was Lasley getting sent off.

From my view I could see no justification that Black had committed any foul.

Nah lads, a couple of boys who listened to the game on the radio have assured us it was probably worse than de Jong's tackle on Alonso.

Obviously, you've got to accept their evidence and admit you're wrong.

FFS, what a ridiculous thread. Black gets sent off - fair do's, he was an idiot today. But get rid?!? Absolute nonsense.

tambothejambo

It was a 50-50 on a wet patch lasley and the other Motherwell drama queens got black sent off

cumbernauldjambo83

I would have thought in the modern game riddled with midfield pre-madonnas, a player like Blackie is a rare asset for any SPL side to have. Where else do we find a gutsy, take-no-shyte, passionate and committed character, playing for the jersey?? And no, not steve davis or scott broon!

Yes, granted, he certainly wasn't fist in line when control and temperament where dished out, but it's clearly something which can and will change over time, ie, mr rooney!

KilbrideJambo

I was there today. It was a usual Ian Black type of performance, snarling around midfield committing loads of freekicks, getting a good number against as was being targetted and making some passes in between time. He had his final warning from the ref around 15 mins in and other than bits of dissent he seemed to heid it until the sending off incident. It was difficult to see the tackle and it looked a 50/50 and i thought the ref had blown for a freekick to us but he was immediate in his decision of straight red. It did change the game.

Black is utter pish.

I'd need to see the tackle again but it looked like a typical shite bag challenge from him.

Get rid of the *****.

I would have thought in the modern game riddled with midfield pre-madonnas, a player like Blackie is a rare asset for any SPL side to have. Where else do we find a gutsy, take-no-shyte, passionate and committed character, playing for the jersey?? And no, not steve davis or scott broon!

Yes, granted, he certainly wasn't fist in line when control and temperament where dished out, but it's clearly something which can and will change over time, ie, mr rooney!

I don't argue with the type of player you are describing. However, you overlook the basic fact that Black's technique is somewhat lacking at this level. He doesn't win enough of the challenges he goes in for, gets frustrated and lunges, and his passing is woeful.

We need a player that can physically compete in the air and on the ground but has good technique and the ability to make forward passes to start a counter-attack. Our play is based on getting the ball to wingers like Driver and Templeton, and by the time the ball gets to them they are marked by two men.

From my position it just looked like a 50/50 that Lasley managed to get to a bit quicker than he did.

The red looked harsh and it deffo changed the game as it was very even until then.

He's a marked man with ref's and opposition players though, there's no doubt about that.

chester copperpot

From my position it just looked like a 50/50 that Lasley managed to get to a bit quicker than he did.

The red looked harsh and it deffo changed the game as it was very even until then.

He's a marked man with ref's and opposition players though, there's no doubt about that.

This, definitely.

Black needs to avoid going into tackles like that though as his card in most definitely marked.

Just seen the replay on Sky.Looked a red to me.

Forget whether it was or wasn't for a minute.He is shite and isn't good enough.

Black cost us the game today he did not need to go in the way he did. He makes to many reckless tackles and we have been pretty lucky he has not been sent of on more occasions.

So now the refs are out to get Black all of a sudden,jeeso,we are only three weeks into the season and the paranoia has hit overdrive already.

If it was his first meaty challenge since he crunched jelavic then I would consider that they had a point,but it's not,is it.

Black cost us the game today he did not need to go in the way he did. He makes to many reckless tackles and we have been pretty lucky he has not been sent of on more occasions.

I'm going to reserve judgement on who cost us the game today until I see the tackle again on the telly but it was either Ian Black or Ian Black's reputation with referees which cost us.

I do agree that he does himself no favours at times though.

Fair dues.

I'll wait to see the footage myself.

I was there and without my maroon tinted glasses on, Motherwell were better in almost all areas than us today simple as that...you could see the red mist building in Black and in fact the lad next to me said he'll go off if he doesnt calm down...well he was right it was a shocker of a tackle and just summed him up today...he's had a decent start to the season aswell in my opinion! New manager has his work cut-out I fear...

black spends more time moaning and trying to hurt other players. a liability for hearts. he cost us the game today. simple as that.

Just seen it on SSN and I'm still not convinced that it was a straight red.

If it was someone else it would probably have just been a yellow imo.

Ian Black is always going to be a red card waiting to happen IMO . As someone mentioned on another thread - is he the new Michael Stewart. I watched some of the first half challenges he put in against royal antwerp and thought he'd better calm down a bit or he could be falling out with the ref.

If you are involved in a tackle like that and go to ground there's only one option open to the ref - and Black got it today.

Ian black gets involved in too much of this sort of stuff and that being the case is a complete liability - I've no doubt that had we kept 11 men on the park today we would have got a result.

Teuchterjambo

Nothing like a good old fashioned knee-jerk thread.

Splendid.

:thumbsup:

Really ? You haven't been reading the numerous similar threads on Black that spring up here on a regular basis - knee jerk ? - I don't think so. Just another thread complaining about a guy who cannot channel his emotions for the sake of the team, preferring to instigate or get caught up in feuds with the opposition that take his focus away from what he is supposed to be doing. This is nothing new, people have been complaining about his thuggish behaviour and the liability aspect of Ian Black on a regular basis.

At this moment in time im inclined to say im glad we have someone with a bit passion in Ian Black. Some of his team mates could do with a cutting off him.

PS....i know he acts stupidly at times and this can let us down, but i`d never stifle passion...he just needs to be more in control.

Cappuccino Kid

If you are involved in a tackle like that and go to ground there's only one option open to the ref - and Black got it today.

Ian black gets involved in too much of this sort of stuff and that being the case is a complete liability - I've no doubt that had we kept 11 men on the park today we would have got a result.

Unless my eyes missed something at the game. Black never went to ground. Was on his feet throughout. Not had the benefit of radio commentary or tv pics though.

BoJack Horseman

It took me until I was about 8 to realise this was wrong.

Radioactive Mince

You could react to things (over or otherwise) in real time long before the internet came along.

:lol:

I'd have to see it on a replay. Didn't look a red to me, but some guys on the bus saying they thought it was.

Think he can do a job, but is nowhere near consistent enough (who is in maroon?). He does need to calm the feck down, though. Little man syndrome to the max with him.

My first thought at the game was that the red card was quite harsh - but as others have pointed out, Black is possibly becoming a victim of his reputation - and can he really complain about that given how often he lunges in?

Putting the sending off to one side, as someone who has defended Black's footballing ability a fair bit on here - I thought his first half performance today was very poor - in fact we probably played marginally better in the second half without him.

I think he's a decent player, but I do think that we should be aiming higher. As others have pointed out, we have decent wide players but we desperately need a good passer in the middle with some creativity who can bring out the best in those players.

PS....i know he acts stupidly at times and this can let us down, but i`d never stifle passion...he just needs to be more in control.

I think you already know he's incapable of controling himself.

Archived