Welcome Back.......

No longer active

HEARTS FOREVER

What sort of reception do we think Joe will get in a fortnight?

Surely a good one? Scotland legend and ex Hearts manager.

Always remember his two goals for Hearts against Everton (was it?)

No longer active

Yep, agree.

I like Joe Jordan. Might not have been the best manager, but he always says it how it is.

Buffalo Bill

Not bothered. A lot of water has flowed under the bridge since his spell in charge.

There'll be far too much excitement at Tynecastle to even ponder it.

jambo in iraq

Not bothered. A lot of water has flowed under the bridge since his spell in charge.

There'll be far too much excitement at Tynecastle to even ponder it.

I am wrong remembering him finishing second in the league during his time within 9 points of Rangers and ahead of a strong Aberdeen and Dundee United. I know it ended bad and his football italiano style was boring but 2nd aint bad and we have never got closer to winning.

Jordan left the club on 3 May 1993, having registered 69 wins, 31 draws and 43 losses, from 143 competitive games.

I am wrong remembering him finishing second in the league during his time. I know it ended bad and his football italiano style was boring but 2nd aint bad

2nd, then it all went down hill :(

i wonder if he remembers the Jordan GTF chants :mellow:

I am wrong remembering him finishing second in the league during his time. I know it ended bad and his football italiano style was boring but 2nd aint bad

He came in when Alex McDonald got sacked around September 1990. First seaon was mixed, second we finished runner's up, third he got the boot midway through the season and after a 6-0 humping from Falkirk. His tactics were dull i remember and we should've done better considering the players we had at that time.

Joe Jordan as a manager had us playing a very negative type of football but we were very hard to beat.

Asked the pieman for half a mill for one player and we can win the league pieman says no and we trail in second again.

JOE JORDAN THE PLAYER was ma fekin idol in the good old days when physical contact was allowed and Scotland were no a bad team Joe was the bravest of the brave.

Website for this image

Rino Gattuso's headbutt on Tottenham coach Joe Jordan was either a ...

mirrorfootball.co.uk

Full-size image

639 ? 322 (Same size), 35KB

More sizes

Similar images

Type:

Images may be subject to copyright.

Joe Jordan as a manager had us playing a very negative type of football but we were very hard to beat.

Asked the pieman for half a mill for one player and we can win the league pieman says no and we trail in second again.

JOE JORDAN THE PLAYER was ma fekin idol in the good old days when physical contact was allowed and Scotland were no a bad team Joe was the bravest of the brave.

Website for this image

Rino Gattuso's headbutt on Tottenham coach Joe Jordan was either a ...

mirrorfootball.co.uk

Full-size image

639 ? 322 (Same size), 35KB

More sizes

Similar images

Type:

Images may be subject to copyright.

You mean Mercer. We finished second in 1992, Robinson came in about 1994, sacked Sandy Clark and brought in Tommy McLean.

Have to admit I thought the guy was great as a player one of my idols,did'nt quite do it as a manager but was'nt the worst.I for one will be glad to see him back at Tynecastle.

When he was appointed a lot of us were very excited but it didn't take that long for the excitement to fade and before long he wasn't very popular with the fans.

Remember the 'Jordan out' chants after we'd lost at home to Airdrie who, I'm fairly sure, were managed by Alex McDonald by that point.

He'll get a reasonable reception I'd imagine, based mainly on what he did for Scotland as a player imo.

Neilson's Shank

Jeez, had forgotten about Crawford Baptie, what a carrot chomping donkey he was, and even he managed two that day

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

When he was appointed a lot of us were very excited but it didn't take that long for the excitement to fade and before long he wasn't very popular with the fans.

Remember the 'Jordan out' chants after we'd lost at home to Airdrie who, I'm fairly sure, were managed by Alex McDonald by that point.

He'll get a reasonable reception I'd imagine, based mainly on what he did for Scotland as a player imo.

Really? I remember that more as a "Mercer must go" chant. It was deafening. Mercer at that time faced much more bile from the stands than Pieman ever did. It's funny how he's remembered so fondly now.

This was how the players planned it......whistling.gifrolleyes.gif

so the theories went for quite a while after it. it wasn't just 6-0 by the way (for anyone who doesn't know). it should have been about 10-0. we were ass pounded to hibernian proportions.

Captain Canada

He won't get any sort of reception good or bad. He was one of the most unpopular managers with the players according to what I saw on my trip to Prague with the team.

The 6-0 defeat to Falkirk was a 'protest' match - a certain G. Hogg was told to go on as a sub and promptly told JJ to GTF.

Really? I remember that more as a "Mercer must go" chant. It was deafening. Mercer at that time faced much more bile from the stands than Pieman ever did. It's funny how he's remembered so fondly now.

At the back of the stand after the game they were both getting it tight.

I didn't like him much but my dislike turned to real spite when he sold Scott Crabbe and brought in Alan Preston :angry:

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

I didn't like him much but my dislike turned to real spite when he sold Scott Crabbe and brought in Alan Preston :angry:

Worst transfer ever. :verymad:

Hawick Jambo

JJ as a Manager had us playing the same sort of tactics as Levein. Not pretty to watch but to an extent effective.

I remember hearing about the cliques that had developed amongst the players altterly in his spell as a Manager and I think he has "lost the dressing room"

I do think he deserves the respect of a former Hearts Manager but not the same sort of reception that we should give to a player who has played for both clubs and is a legend.

By the way, Buffalo can you dosomething about that vid. It gives me the creeps

Not his fault

You mean Mercer. We finished second in 1992, Robinson came in about 1994, sacked Sandy Clark and brought in Tommy McLean.

Cheers mate am half pashed oh the 6-0 game a was fully pashed that day funny how a humpin can turn into a good day.

Cheers mate am half pashed oh the 6-0 game a was fully pashed that day funny how a humpin can turn into a good day.

jordan warrior as as player wet blanket as as a manager thats why he works best with a front man

Don't know if its true, but I was told that when Joe was manager at Hearts, a Hearts player approached him with a problem.

Joe's reply was you don't tell me son you tell Frank O'Connor my assistant.

Then he will report to me.

It was a big part in his quick exit, thinking he was something else.

Think somebody said previously that the sacking of jefferies felt the same as alex macdonald being replaced by Joe Jordan. Thats how i felt. He seemed like a great catch at the time. He didnt have much to say about us in his bio though.

I am wrong remembering him finishing second in the league during his time within 9 points of Rangers and ahead of a strong Aberdeen and Dundee United. I know it ended bad and his football italiano style was boring but 2nd aint bad and we have never got closer to winning.

Jordan left the club on 3 May 1993, having registered 69 wins, 31 draws and 43 losses, from 143 competitive games.

Erm 86. I don't have a problem with Jordan, (Apart from cheating Wales out of Argentina 78), but Redknapp :yucky: .

Don't know if its true, but I was told that when Joe was manager at Hearts, a Hearts player approached him with a problem.

Joe's reply was you don't tell me son you tell Frank O'Connor my assistant.

Then he will report to me.

It was a big part in his quick exit, thinking he was something else.

yep. it fairly safe to say that jordan wasn't exactly a players' manager.

again for those who don't know... he played a game for hearts. he came on as a sub in gary mackay's testimonial match versus everton and scored both goals in a 2-0 win. he could have had a HT had mackay not taken a penalty which neville southall saved.

what a forward line we had. jordan and robbo. jordan must have been at least 45.

Archived