Dimitru Copil Interview

Robbos Right Peg

Robbos Right Peg

Dumitru Copil is big news in Romania today even knocking of George w & Co. off the front page (OK so its a sports paper)

http://www.gsp.ro/stire/vreau-la-dinamo-61980.html

Before I get the 'Aye great' type comments here is a translation.

I WANT TO COME TO DINAMO !

Dumitru cant wait to wear the red and white shirt and have a chance to demonstrate that he is talented

'Dumitru you are wanted by Dinamo when will you arrive to the Stafan del Mare ?

Honestly I dont know a lot of detail. I had a discussion with Mr Danilesecu about 2-3 years ago and he told me to come to the Stefan cel Mare but it was not possible. I am very happy and I really want to play in Romania and for such a big team like Dinamo. Probably next week I will travel to Bucharest and train with Dinamo. It will be really wonderful.

What will it mean for you to wear the Red Dog shirt ?

Oh it will be a big step forward for me. Dinamo are a big club with respect and a great tradition where a lot people want to play. I hope that next week I can wear the red and white shirt. I hope I will do a good job and demonstrae that I have the potential to help the club.

You know your coach will be Mircea Rednic ?

Yes it would be an honour to work with Mr Rednic. He has had good results where ever he has been. It would be an honour to work with him. If I was to arrive at Dinamo I hope he will trust me and share with me his experience from when he was a player.

Do you regret leaving Romania to play in Scotland at such a young age ?

Honest I am really sorry I left at 16 years old. I took the step to go to Scotland because I wanted to play for Hearts. But it was a good experience I learned to speak such good english when before I left I did not speak could not speak very much english.

"They never gave me a chance"

Copil (18) left Scotland. 'I didnt want to stay there anymore becaus ether were more problems involved. I was getting used to the weather and living in Scotland but the problem was they never trust me. They told me was a good player but I never played for the first team and only when there was a friendly I had a chance. I decided I didnt want to stay there anymore. Who wants me will have to pay 200,000 euros to Hearts.

Steaua have been monitoring him

The midfield player has been watched by Steaua for the past 6 months. Dinamo now want to sign the players quickly so they are not surprised by their rivals from Ghencea.

There has also been a TV report along the same lines so am not going to bother translating that. But it is worth the watch not only for the TV presenter but to see the boys keepie-uppie skills. I some how doubt Clum could do any of that.

http://www.antena1.ro/index.php?page=sport&subcat=2&id=17646&currentPage=1 scroll down to 'Un Copil La Dinamo'

What - another player desperate to leave?

Goodness me

I tell you what, if the fans insisted that only players who actually wanted to be here play for the team, they'd be putting calls out to the fans before games to cobble a team together

Robbos Right Peg
What - another player desperate to leave

Looks like he has already gone Jammy

Seymour M Hersh
What - another player desperate to leave?

Goodness me

I tell you what, if the fans insisted that only players who actually wanted to be here play for the team, they'd be putting calls out to the fans before games to cobble a team together

Perhaps but it's unlikely a trainee lawyer would call the shots in a law firm either!

Robbos Right Peg

I have just listened to the TV report (instead of just concentrating on the presenter) and they suggest that Copil will be available on a free in June. Anyone know just what the actually situation is with his contract ?

Perhaps but it's unlikely a trainee lawyer would call the shots in a law firm either!

Agreed totally.

If the sole reason he has left is because he wasnt in the firsts - but he was happy with everything else, then fair play.

So I'm a trainee lawyer and I say I want to be main contact for one of my firm's top 5 clients. I dont get it and demand a transfer of traineeship. I am an erse

I'm a trainee lawyer and I say I want to be a main contact for one of my firm's top 5 clients. I dont get it but am told that it will come if I keep my head down and improve. My line manager isnt much good though and doesnt train me properly and the managing partner of the firm is a physco, who's decisions keep affecting who our clients are and therefore my future prospects. I decide I want to leave. I am a normal human being with ambitions to succeed in a better environment.

Personally I just think players are looking for any route out they can.

Thats 3 today. Branny a couple of weeks ago. Bednar at the start of the season

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

But surely the guy has t do something to justify being in the first team. From what I have seen of him he is good but not brilliant. Slightly different players I know, but of the 2 games i saw them in recently, Stephen Husband was far more effective. Players complaining of not being happy is often held up as a sign of internal problems within a club (which anyone can see we have had). But come on, for a 17 to walk out on a club because he wants first team football is the tail wagging the dog.

I would be very happy if he was to knuckle down and fight on but if he's going to start that kind of thing then launch him. Dimitri Copil's career will suffer far more in the long run than Hearts will by not having the patience to bide his time and fight for his place rather than demand it be given to him. If he goes back to Romania then back to Britain with a big club thus proving us wrong them good luck to him but I honestly wont sit there and hold my breath.

I have just listened to the TV report (instead of just concentrating on the presenter) and they suggest that Copil will be available on a free in June. Anyone know just what the actually situation is with his contract ?

It was a 2 year deal taking him up to this summer, with a 5 year extension option. I'm not sure of the details though, whether or not Hearts can automatically invoke the extension therefore demand a fee for him, or if his contract expires it would go to a tribunal surely because he is under the age of 24?

We should at least recoup the money we shelled out for him hopefully, maybe a little bit more. He's trained in top class facilities and learned the English language, it's not been a bad 2 years has it?!

Ask UEFA to force him to come back to see out the last few months of his contract and have him cleaning boots and sweeping out the stands every day.

It is a sad state of affairs. The boy needs a good slap around the heed. Yet again another who doesn't seem to appreciate how lucky he is to have the talent to be a professional footballer!

It is all about the here and now with some youth players these days it seems...no patience to actually have to work their way through the ranks (whether it be cleaning boots, or going out on loan to an East Fife).

Mr Quagmire
Ask UEFA to force him to come back to see out the last few months of his contract and have him cleaning boots and sweeping out the stands every day.

Good Idea, and also working a pie stall in the Gorgie stand.

Yet another player wants out the madhouse,god remember the days nobody wanted to leave us,now most want out

Robbos Right Peg
But surely the guy has t do something to justify being in the first team. From what I have seen of him he is good but not brilliant. Slightly different players I know, but of the 2 games i saw them in recently, Stephen Husband was far more effective. Players complaining of not being happy is often held up as a sign of internal problems within a club (which anyone can see we have had). But come on, for a 17 to walk out on a club because he wants first team football is the tail wagging the dog.

I would be very happy if he was to knuckle down and fight on but if he's going to start that kind of thing then launch him. Dimitri Copil's career will suffer far more in the long run than Hearts will by not having the patience to bide his time and fight for his place rather than demand it be given to him. If he goes back to Romania then back to Britain with a big club thus proving us wrong them good luck to him but I honestly wont sit there and hold my breath.

I'm not convinced that is where the lad is coming from IIT. I think from his comments he does not expect to be playing first team football at Hearts only that he has had a lack of opportunity at any level. I dont understand that as he got a couple of games in goals in the Under 19's after all ;)

He seems to understand that he will not be playing in the first team right away if he signs for either Dinamo or Steaua.

OK my translation may not be 100% accurate and he maybe a Billy Big Boots after all but my concern is that both these clubs are seemingly happy to take him from Hearts. I sure this wouldn't be the case if he was a dud.

We thought he was good enough to pay 200,000 euros 2 years ago and now after all the quality coaching he has received we are going to loose the lad for hee haw.

Good Idea, and also working a pie stall in the Gorgie stand.

There's anuff lazy barstewards who struggle with english in the pie stands!

Robbos Right Peg
well he can **** off then. Arrogant *****

OK Rudi Must Stay your understanding of Romanian may be better than mine but there is nothing in the interview that suggest the boy is arrogant (nor probably what ***** is supposed to mean).

What I take out of it is that he wants to leave Hearts "because there were more problems involved". Now I know that is my translation of his words which might not be 100% correct as I have said before. The fact that both the major Romanian clubs are after him and hearts youth coaching is kak is hardly Copils fault.

Yet another player wants out the madhouse,god remember the days nobody wanted to leave us,now most want out

Is that why so many have signed extensions to their contracts or new contracts?

...OK my translation may not be 100% accurate and he maybe a Billy Big Boots after all but my concern is that both these clubs are seemingly happy to take him from Hearts. I sure this wouldn't be the case if he was a dud...

... but there is nothing in the interview that suggest the boy is arrogant...

What I take out of it is that he wants to leave Hearts "because there were more problems involved"....

It seems to me that standard apprentice duties are beneath him.

"John Murray and Hearts could not have done more for Copil," said a source close to the player, who added that the academy director has gone so far as to buy a laptop computer and boots for the youngster from his own pocket. "He is regarded as the most talented kid at the club, he has been lifted and laid and wanted for nothing, but he has thrown all Hearts' help back in their face."

Both Copil and Kostadinov joined the full squad for pre-season in Germany last year but went back to general apprentice duties on their return, such as cleaning the boots of senior players, which is understood to have riled the Romanian.

Something stinks. I fear we are losing young footballers because our amateurish coaching setup are so parochial that they are more intent in producing atheletes than footballers...

Something stinks. I fear we are losing young footballers because our amateurish coaching setup are so parochial that they are more intent in producing atheletes than footballers...

It is unfortunate that our scouting system has been such a failure. They have continually brought through players who lack the physique/stamina for Scottish football.

Robbos Right Peg

Legend I wouldnae believe John Murray if he told me today was Thursday. John Murray is John Murrays biggest fan. IF JM considered him to be the 'most talented kid at the club' why didnt he get regular games ? We paid 200,000 for Copil and now thanks to John Murrays nurturing he has effed off back to Romania unhappy and we get nix. Something wrong somewhere and I know where I lay the blame.

As I said I don't think Copil expects to be treated as anything other than a youth player at either Bucharest club. Perhaps that does not including cleaning boots though.

rudi must stay
OK Rudi Must Stay your understanding of Romanian may be better than mine but there is nothing in the interview that suggest the boy is arrogant (nor probably what ***** is supposed to mean).

What I take out of it is that he wants to leave Hearts "because there were more problems involved". Now I know that is my translation of his words which might not be 100% correct as I have said before. The fact that both the major Romanian clubs are after him and hearts youth coaching is kak is hardly Copils fault.

no it's more the fact he's gone off to Romania and isn't even telling us why or even when he's coming back that makes him arrogant..

Robbos Right Peg
no it's more the fact he's gone off to Romania and isn't even telling us why or even when he's coming back that makes him arrogant..

It is my understanding that Hearts have been in touch with him in Arad so perhaps your chagrin should be directed at the club. ;)

Legend I wouldnae believe John Murray if he told me today was Thursday. John Murray is John Murrays biggest fan. IF JM considered him to be the 'most talented kid at the club' why didnt he get regular games ? We paid 200,000 for Copil and now thanks to John Murrays nurturing he has effed off back to Romania unhappy and we get nix. Something wrong somewhere and I know where I lay the blame.

As I said I don't think Copil expects to be treated as anything other than a youth player at either Bucharest club. Perhaps that does not including cleaning boots though.

Doing standard apprentice duties, such as cleaning boots, isn't about using young players as skivvies.

It's about keeping their feet on the ground, keeping their heads from getting too inflated.

I don't know about how European clubs treat their youth players but in this country cleaning boots etc doesn't seem to have done some of the best players the UK has produced any harm. David Beckham for instance cleaned boots as a youth player.

Copil is in for rude awakening IMO.

Robbos Right Peg
Doing standard apprentice duties, such as cleaning boots, isn't about using young players as skivvies.

It's about keeping their feet on the ground, keeping their heads from getting too inflated.

I don't know about how European clubs treat their youth players but in this country cleaning boots etc doesn't seem to have done some of the best players the UK has produced any harm. David Beckham for instance cleaned boots as a youth player.

Copil is in for rude awakening IMO.

Really my point is not about Dumitri Copil it is more about our youth set up. Like others I dont think it is not good enough.

David Beckham may have cleaned boots but it wasnae his talent with the Cherry Blossom that got him to where he is today. It was more his ability and decent coaching. John Murray is quoted as saying Copil 'is the most talented lad at the club' so to me that means that he is lacking decent coaching plus man management.

Ryan Gosling

Well what I find unusual is players like Wagner, Rapnik, the Australians and the Scottish boys have no problem cleaning boots even if they've trained with the first team.

Over inflated egos.

rudi must stay
It is my understanding that Hearts have been in touch with him in Arad so perhaps your chagrin should be directed at the club. ;)

no, it's directed at him. Cos he left us in the first place when he had no reason to, remember we are the ones who pay his wages

Half of me is erked that the lad is taking the p*ss by wandering off in the huff and that Hearts should insist to anyone that takes him on that they get a sell on fee (if this is allowable under FIFA rules).

Other half is erked that Hearts seem to be taking on kids and stagnating their growth. We've a trickle coming through but lots of good talent stuck while we suffer with pish in the first team.

Overall I'm erked though :D

Really my point is not about Dumitri Copil it is more about our youth set up. Like others I dont think it is not good enough.

David Beckham may have cleaned boots but it wasnae his talent with the Cherry Blossom that got him to where he is today. It was more his ability and decent coaching. John Murray is quoted as saying Copil 'is the most talented lad at the club' so to me that means that he is lacking decent coaching plus man management.

To me it means he is lacking the right attitude.

As s.h.p says, our other young foreigners like Wagner, Rapnik and the Australians as well as the young Scottish boys don't seem to have the same problem.

Copil's problem is he fell over in the wind, did a mean stepover though, shame about the rest of his game being non existent

The fact is he is a hearts player and we should sue the little ballbag for every penny he has taken off us back and refuse to release him for any less than we paid

His and Branny's situations are there own doing and if it doesnt profit hearts Im happy for them to warm a trailer park field for the next few years

I bet copil and his family are happy enough living off our money so feck them

Robbos Right Peg
no, it's directed at him. Cos he left us in the first place when he had no reason to, remember we are the ones who pay his wages

I agree he probably chose the wrong option leaving as he did. But then again he is out of the picture at even under 19 level here and is now being courted by both Bucharest clubs. It's hard to blame him (although you obviously do). As for your comment about his wages I believe he is paying a finacial penalty imposed by the club (quite rightly IMO).

It does not worry me unduly if he does not come back to Hearts what does is his reason for leaving I think this 'he didn't want to clean boots' thing is a smoke screen to cover up the inadequacies of our youth set up.

Robbos Right Peg
Copil's problem is he fell over in the wind, did a mean stepover though, shame about the rest of his game being non existent

If this is true and I have no reason to doubt it, the WTF have John Murray and his cronies been up to over the last 2 years. There must have been something to his game other than a decent party trick back when we signed the 'new Hagi'. I seem to remember that spending 200,000 on this kid was hailed as a bargain buy.

Sorry to keep ranting on about this but I think the youth setup is a joke

The fact is he is a hearts player and we should sue the little ballbag for every penny he has taken off us back and refuse to release him for any less than we paid

His and Branny's situations are there own doing and if it doesnt profit hearts Im happy for them to warm a trailer park field for the next few years

I bet copil and his family are happy enough living off our money so feck them

Alo dressroom:

1. Where is Branny in this story?

2. One of two the top romanian clubs want Copil(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F.C._Dinamo_Bucure%C5%9Fti). Whay? I think that this is combination for lot of money!!!

3. COPIL IS DIFERENT STORY.

BRANIMIR IS BRANIMIR. TIPICAL EUROPIAN WITH HEAD WHO KNOW WELL THAT LIFE IS NOT BLACK AND WHITE. HE IS READY IN UK. HE IS NOT FUGITIVE. HE DREAMING FOOTBALL. IF HE DON'T DREAMING AND HAVE TIME, HE EDUCATED ALFABET OF THIS GAME(BUT HE IS DEFINLY FOOTBALL PLAYER):

28312_591.JPG 28313_597.JPG

...BUT HE IS DEFINLY FOOTBALL PLAYER...

Just as well.

With a stance like that, he isn't a golfer.;)

Just as well.

With a stance like that, he isn't a golfer.;)

He is golf baby now, but after 16 years...hm, who know? Bulgarian golf assosiation is very young. No big names at the momment.

;)

Question:

Would Copil have had more of a sniff of the first team if we hadnt been phannying around with players such as : Piliabitis, Zaliukus, Ivaskevicius, Audrey, Beniusis and Klimek in attacking / midfield positions over the last 18 months?

Question:

If we as fans recognise these players as being gash and not worthy of being in the team, how precisely do we think the players wrongly behind them in the queue feel? Motivated or demotivated?

Seymour M Hersh
Question:

Would Copil have had more of a sniff of the first team if we hadnt been phannying around with players such as : Piliabitis, Zaliukus, Ivaskevicius, Audrey, Beniusis and Klimek in attacking / midfield positions over the last 18 months?

Question:

If we as fans recognise these players as being gash and not worthy of being in the team, how precisely do we think the players wrongly behind them in the queue feel? Motivated or demotivated?

So you cannot accept the possibility he is a cocky beggar who is lazy and thinks he has the god given right to get in the first team without earning it. That he is using the fact he is homesick to get out of his contract? It's all Vlad's fault and the way the club is run that 1 17 year old takes the huff and fecks off? Just like Bednar not!!

CornhillHearts

Question:

Answer

No for sure.

Robbos Right Peg
Question:

Question:

q1 I don't think so it he seemed to out the picture at Under 19 level

q2 I doubt John Murray could motivate Homer Simpson to eat doughnuts

So you cannot accept the possibility he is a cocky beggar who is lazy and thinks he has the god given right to get in the first team without earning it. That he is using the fact he is homesick to get out of his contract? It's all Vlad's fault and the way the club is run that 1 17 year old takes the huff and fecks off? Just like Bednar not!!

I totally can accept that is a possibility.

I dont think someone would walk out on a club at that age just because he hadnt got a game, but it is possible.

Just asking questions as it is more likely, in my opinion, that there is more to it than simply not getting a game for the first team.

I am not aware of why Copil is where he is. I am not pretending to know why. I am not pretending to present anything as fact. I'm not sure I'm even putting forward an opinion that contradicts with yours.

It is proper that questions are asked when there is apparently so much wrong behind the scenes.

We were told that a lot of the Kaunas players were stop gaps. I think there is more than a chance that this was flawed and has actually stunted the development of young players. I also think their places in the team will have been very demotivational to the proper footballers in the squad.

To be honest I'd be very surprised if anyone on here disagreed with my last sentence of that last paragraph considering how much nearly every Hearts fan hated them all being in the team

q1 I don't think so it he seemed to out the picture at Under 19 level

From what I have heard I would agree.

My point kind of is though, those Kaunas guys took up 6 squad players. Copil would have been more involved at a higher level and possibly more motivated.

I certainly think they have held up the development of some of our youth.

I'd guarantee as far as I can McGowan would have played more by now if Zaliukus wasnt here. Likewise Glen without Klimek and Beniusis.

Anyway, I am straying off topic. Apologies

Jammy T,

I realy don't like peasents mantelity of this guy. I personaly talked with him in Sofia and Edinburgh several times for this.

But!? My young head thinking that if you have player who is in TOP 50 in the world in "World Soccer", he is special, actualy very special immediately. Motivation of another players(young and old) is not general problem. This is special. "The kid" - "El ninho" - like Torres, Krkic and ect. The top magazine make for you advertisement for millions. This is another "beer". Football is not only game.

The thema is not first team. The important is system. If I'm - this guy from next day will have special coach. If he have homesick - special psychologist. Teacher definly, because his general culture is very bad. What the situation want. Because, mate - this is the big business. I think now that Dinamo is only step in this busines...Sory, but if is big game, no santiments...

Jammy T,

I realy don't like peasents mantelity of this guy. I personaly talked with him in Sofia and Edinburgh several times for this.

But!? My young head thinking that if you have player who is in TOP 50 in the world in "World Soccer", he is special, actualy very special immediately. Motivation of another players(young and old) is not general problem. This is special. "The kid" - "El ninho" - like Torres, Krkic and ect. The top magazine make for you advertisement for millions. This is another "beer". Football is not only game.

The thema is not first team. The important is system. If I'm - this guy from next day will have special coach. If he have homesick - special psychologist. Teacher definly, because his general culture is very bad. What the situation want. Because, mate - this is the big business. I think now that Dinamo is only step in this busines...Sory, but if is big game, no santiments...

Apologise but I don't understand your point.

Are you saying that because Copil appeared in World Soccer magazine (a magazine I have to say I have only ever heard of in relation to Copil on this site) that he is as good as Torres/Krkic etc?

And that Hearts should bring in special psychologists/teachers for him?

Robbos Right Peg
So you cannot accept the possibility he is a cocky beggar who is lazy and thinks he has the god given right to get in the first team without earning it. That he is using the fact he is homesick to get out of his contract?

Seymour there is nothing wrong with being a cocky beggar in football as long as you have the ability to back it up and this lad seems to have. I have no idea if he is lazy or not but I know he does not think he should be in the first team. I am sorry that my Romaninan translation of the article may have given that impression. He is looking at a lower level but does not seem to have been given the chance even in the Under 19's. If the lad has the wrong attitude it is up to the coaches to do something about it. However it is my belief is that it is something beyond jokers in the set up at Riccarton.

All they have done is manage to turn ?200,000 into zero. Good work not.

Are you saying that because Copil appeared in World Soccer magazine (a magazine I have to say I have only ever heard of in relation to Copil on this site) that he is as good as Torres/Krkic etc?

For first question: I definly think that he is hi class talent. Torres/Krkic - very special kids and...results. Don't say me mate that World Soccer is The Sun.

For second: special psychologists/teachers for him? I belive that this is the way if he is special for the club.

Finaly I repeat - I don't like character of this guy, but if he is business, no santiments.

NB: In club we have special guys and sons and I understend this. This is the f..rules of this game. People.

This might or might not be all Copil's fault, but in general I'm disappointed by the progress we're making in bringing youths through. Something doesn't seem to be right with our youth setup.

For first question: I definly think that he is hi class talent. Torres/Krkic - very special kids and...results. Don't say me mate that World Soccer is The Sun.

For second: special psychologists/teachers for him? I belive that this is the way if he is special for the club.

Finaly I repeat - I don't like character of this guy, but if he is business, no santiments.

NB: In club we have special guys and sons and I understend this. This is the f..rules of this game. People.

Okay, will have to take your word for it on his ability, as I have never seen him play.

With regard to getting the most from our playing staff. The setup at Hearts in the last 2 years is probably one of the worst in the world - certainly for the first team.

Robbos Right Peg

Allow me Coco.

I think what JamboBG is saying is that when Copil has a mentality of a peasant which is not surprising as his home is in a very poor region. But when his name appeared in the magazine it added to his value and brought him to the attention of others. Not sure about the other beer meaning though :)

Because of this and the fact that he is not the sharpest knife in the block JamboBG is suggesting that he should be treated a little bit differently by the club.

As I understood that he spoke little English I spoke to Darren Murray about helping him with his English a few months ago but heard nothing back. Copils comments in the interview about how well he now speaks English surprised me.

Archived