Playstation 3's....

Gimme an H...

JamboRossi79
Looks absolutely stunning, but its disappointing that for a supposed driving "simulator" there's still many of the same flaws from the previous games. And ?25 is far too much for a demo, but people seem to be lapping it up.

Definitely the best looking driving game I've ever played, but Forza is more realistic and at the moment I think PGR4 is more fun. But I'm sticking with it...

Just got it pre owned today from Game for ?20 but it's ?19.71 from ASDA (but they were sold out today when I went up)

Looking forward to playing it.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As far as I'm aware the PS3 is having a great number of problems as well. Out of the 5 people I know who've bought one four of them have had to take them back. Thats pretty much the same kind of figure for the people I know who have a 360. 4 of them (including myself) have had the Red Ring and 1 of them hasnt had any problems yet.

Either way regardless of what console 8 out of 10 going back to the manufacturer is still a disgrace (especially when we know its not just pure coincidence but rather the consoles themselves)

Well personally I know around 10 people I know have playstations. No breakages.

But I know at least 5 people who've had problems with their 360's and 3 people who've had 360 and swaped to PS3. They seem to testify that the playstation is better. Down to opinion at end of the day I guess. Everything has it's pros and cons.

Yikes mate seriously thats the biggest load of fanboy nonsense I have ever read! You cant possibly tell me the guy that wrote that article doesnt HATE the ps3 lol

Anyway if your gonna come out with nonsense like that I may as well post this

http://home.comcast.net/~infamousdd/CGReviews_-_Cam_Garish_Reviews_-_One_Review_at_a_Time.html

http://news.filefront.com/xbox-live-has-another-slow-day-and-an-open-letter-to-microsoft/

Hope xbox live is working when GTA comes out, if not just jump onto playstation network and you'll be fine

Yikes mate seriously thats the biggest load of fanboy nonsense I have ever read! You cant possibly tell me the guy that wrote that article doesnt HATE the ps3 lol

http://home.comcast.net/~infamousdd/CGReviews_-_Cam_Garish_Reviews_-_One_Review_at_a_Time.html

http://news.filefront.com/xbox-live-has-another-slow-day-and-an-open-letter-to-microsoft/

Hope xbox live is working when GTA comes out, if not just jump onto playstation network and you'll be fine

I have said already on this thread mate that the PS3 has problems with multi platform games/ports from other consoles.Just take a look at PS3'S best games they are all exclusives bar COD4 and none have any real faults bar LAIR which was just a joke(think that was due to the hype the developer gave it,nothing to do wuth PS3).Im not saying GTA will be bad on PS3 as i would think the standard game will be identical(both will have bugs,all GTA games do)but Sony's best games will be the likes of Motorstorm 2,Little Big Planet,Resistance2,MGS4(not a fan of the series myself but fans will love it) and Final Fantasy XIII and Tactics.

So this guy has reviewed a game based on previews? Makes sense ;)

I've not experienced any lag on xbox live recently so it hasn't bothered me, still...I'd rather have one or two days of lag than what the PS3 is offering.

So...when/is this Home thing out yet?

I've not experienced any lag on xbox live recently so it hasn't bothered me, still...I'd rather have one or two days of lag than what the PS3 is offering.

Mate you should see how long it takes to download a demo when a big one comes out on PSN(when i say when i really mean when as they are so few and far between especially in the UK)

Got to say im not really playing alot of euther of the PS3 or the 360 just now as there is a bit of a games drought right now on both systems.Except for GTA don't think the really big release will start hitting until September time again.

Rather than what the ps3 is offering?

What like free online play?

Mate you should see how long it takes to download a demo when a big one comes out on PSN(when i say when i really mean when as they are so few and far between especially in the UK)

Got to say im not really playing alot of euther of the PS3 or the 360 just now as there is a bit of a games drought right now on both systems.Except for GTA don't think the really big release will start hitting until September time again.

True, I'm just waiting on GTA IV by playing Gears, Rainbow 6 and CoD4. You should get Rainbow 6 and play online with me and Jack D.

Just been reading up on this 'Home' that someone was bragging about earlier in the thread. It doesn't really seem that great, it actually sounds like it's for kids. You can buy content for your apartment that no one else will see? Just seems pointless...

True, I'm just waiting on GTA IV by playing Gears, Rainbow 6 and CoD4. You should get Rainbow 6 and play online with me and Jack D.

Just been reading up on this 'Home' that someone was bragging about earlier in the thread. It doesn't really seem that great, it actually sounds like it's for kids. You can buy content for your apartment that no one else will see? Just seems pointless...

I agree with you there mate, without thinking about the possibilites Home just doesnt seem all that just now. I do reckon it will be good though one developers start to get to grips with it.

Heres an article for you to read that may give you a little more insight as to what Homes all about

I'm not saying you have to love it but just give it a chance ;)

http://sarcasticgamer.com/wp/index.php/2008/03/playstation-home-redirection-of-misconceptions.html

I agree with you there mate, without thinking about the possibilites Home just doesnt seem all that just now. I do reckon it will be good though one developers start to get to grips with it.

Heres an article for you to read that may give you a little more insight as to what Homes all about

http://sarcasticgamer.com/wp/index.php/2008/03/playstation-home-redirection-of-misconceptions.html

I'll tell you what after reading that it's confirmed my thoughts it's a pile of over hyped not neaded ****.I'll still give it a look when it comes out thoough.When is Beta testing now May sometime.

It might get better, I don't really keep upto date with all things PS3. Sony say they want younger users to feel comfortable when playing it, so why not? I was playing Gears of War with a 6 year old yesterday, he was even trash talking :laugh:

Arthur Morgan
I'm more of a PES guy tbh. I prefer the gameplay a bit more but I get ****ed off with the lack of sponsors and the lag online. Thinking of trading it in and giving Fifa a chance, I'd like to see the Be A Pro mode.

Fifa 08 is miles better than pes 2008 this year pes has been the better game since pes 3 but fifa is definitely the better game this year you should definitely trade-in pes 2008 and get fifa 08 you wont be disappointed

This is for everyone who thinks the PS3 is some super unbreakable machine that totally ****es on the 360.

http://www.google.com/search?client=opera&rls=en&q=ps3+disc+read+errors&sourceid=opera&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

You see it's not only a Microsoft problem both consoles have there faults it's just that the 360 highlights their problem with the 3 red rings.

JamboRossi79

Why can't the 360 fanboys have their own thread.

Do you really think we PS3 owners care what you think about our machine ? No fecking danger

Do you care what we think of your 360 ? No

Stop trying to convince us (or is it really yourself you are trying to convince) who has the better machine.

Get your own thread :evilno:

Gavsy Van Gaverson
Looks absolutely stunning, but its disappointing that for a supposed driving "simulator" there's still many of the same flaws from the previous games. And ?25 is far too much for a demo, but people seem to be lapping it up.

Definitely the best looking driving game I've ever played, but Forza is more realistic and at the moment I think PGR4 is more fun. But I'm sticking with it...

I paid 19.99 on the Game website.

Really enjoyed the game so far, considering it is a demo of what is to come.

The PS3 is certainly not perfect. COD4 I often get a random freeze or just a black screen, very similar to what happened just before my 360 died. As long as they don't both die when GTA4 comes out!

I paid 19.99 on the Game website.

Really enjoyed the game so far, considering it is a demo of what is to come.

Going to be a download for it swell so there is damage when you crash.Im waiting for Motorstorm 2 and Grid to come out

The PS3 is certainly not perfect. COD4 I often get a random freeze or just a black screen, very similar to what happened just before my 360 died. As long as they don't both die when GTA4 comes out!

I think alot of people are blaming COD4 for fecking up there PS3.Personally don't think it's COD4 it's just it's just mostly everyone is playing Cod4 right now so it's easier to blame.I thought Forza 2 knackered my 360 because at the time everyone was complaining about that mucking up the 360.If your PS3

does feck up your safe in the knoledge that you'll have a new one in two days max,only bad thing is you lose your game saves and downloads.

Why can't the 360 fanboys have their own thread.

Do you really think we PS3 owners care what you think about our machine ? No fecking danger

Do you care what we think of your 360 ? No

Stop trying to convince us (or is it really yourself you are trying to convince) who has the better machine.

Get your own thread :evilno:

I have both just stated the pros and cons for both and to be honest if the PS3 had the same amount of games and was the lead platform on multi platform games i would bin my 360 now but it's not.

So does anyone have recent sales figures PS3, 360 and Wii ?

I dont think the UK publishes official sales figures, but i think the PS3 is selling almost as much possibly more than the 360 at the moment in the UK. I think the 360 is still quite a bit ahead of the PS3 in US but it is catching up, and the 360 is miles by ahead in Japan. As far as i'm aware the Wii and DS are still miles ahead of both.

Oh and in some places im sure the PS2 is outselling the PS3 and the 360

JamboRossi79
I dont think the UK publishes official sales figures, but i think the PS3 is selling almost as much possibly more than the 360 at the moment in the UK. I think the 360 is still quite a bit ahead of the PS3 in US but it is catching up, and the 360 is miles by ahead in Japan. As far as i'm aware the Wii and DS are still miles ahead of both.

Oh and in some places im sure the PS2 is outselling the PS3 and the 360

Cool, just heappened to read somewhere that PS3 were outselling the 360 but wasn't sure if it was true or not.

Cool, just heappened to read somewhere that PS3 were outselling the 360 but wasn't sure if it was true or not.

yeah it def is in Japan, not sure about UK/Europe/Us but its definitely catching up.

Gimme an H...

Heres an update folks from the guy who started this thread/slagging match!

Ended up getting an Elite 360 with Assassins Creed, Bioshock and Call of Duty 4 for ?350 from Gamestation! Currently waiting on my Xbox Live Card which I ordered from Play.com for ?35, saving a fiver from buying it from Microsoft so thought that was good.

Does anyone play online at any of these games? Cant wait to try them out as i've already completed COD 4. ****ing Great game btw!!

Ryan Gosling

Ended up getting an Elite 360 with Assassins Creed, Bioshock and Call of Duty 4 for ?350 from Gamestation! Currently waiting on my Xbox Live Card which I ordered from Play.com for ?35, saving a fiver from buying it from Microsoft so thought that was good.

Does anyone play online at any of these games? Cant wait to try them out as i've already completed COD 4. ****ing Great game btw!!

That's an absolutely stonking deal btw mate.

Top banana.

I assume that when I send my 360 to Microsoft to get repaired I take off my HDD?

The PS3 has outsold the 360 for the last 3 months in the US.Total sales are Wii 25m , Xbox360 18m , PS3 11m

I assume that when I send my 360 to Microsoft to get repaired I take off my HDD?

Yeah only send your console nothing else the harddrive and all cables you keep.

Gimme an H...
That's an absolutely stonking deal btw mate.

Top banana.

Innit just!!?

Should have said however that I did trade in my Playstation 2 and all my games and got some money off. So anyone thinking about going to Gamestation and asking for this deal might end up dissapointed!!

jack D and coke

Once you get your gamertag set up mate click on the gxboxlive icon at the top of the KB page. There's over a hundred XBOX live members on here so you'll find a match with plenty jambo's. You can add them to your LIVE friends list from KB just by clicking on their icon. Piece of p*ss.

COD 4 is seriously addictive online but personally i like the co-op stuff that lets you play through the story modes with another player. Gears of War has a cracking co-op and multiplayer as does Halo 3, Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 and the Ghost Recon's (1 and 2). Pro evolution used to be the football game of choice but online it's a bit messy and i would really recommend you try FIFA 08 this time. Much better online stuff and basically all i'm playing online at the moment.

Gimme an H...
Once you get your gamertag set up mate click on the gxboxlive icon at the top of the KB page. There's over a hundred XBOX live members on here so you'll find a match with plenty jambo's. You can add them to your LIVE friends list from KB just by clicking on their icon. Piece of p*ss.

COD 4 is seriously addictive online but personally i like the co-op stuff that lets you play through the story modes with another player. Gears of War has a cracking co-op and multiplayer as does Halo 3, Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 and the Ghost Recon's (1 and 2). Pro evolution used to be the football game of choice but online it's a bit messy and i would really recommend you try FIFA 08 this time. Much better online stuff and basically all i'm playing online at the moment.

Sweet!

I ordered the Gold Card through Play.com and they said it got posted yesterday so hopefully its here in the next couple of days, dont see why they cant just send you the code via email or something to make the whole process quicker mind you.

Cant wait to get a shot of COD 4 online, one of the best looking games I've ever played. Superb. The idea of working with people you dont know through the levels or against others sounds amazing!

Archived