Playstation 3's....

Gimme an H...

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How?

Simply put xbox live just works better, less glitches, smoother gameplay, so on and so forth.

For one example, play Pro Ev online on the ps3 and then on the 360 and tell me which one is better.

Pro ev on the ps3 plays fine now on the ps3, its been patched. I play both consoles online and see no diffirence in the gameplay. Dont know what you are talking about in regards to glitches?

This generation of consoles really has people split.

Both consoles have their advantages, but the ps3 isn't nearly as bad as some people like to make out

How?

Simply put xbox live just works better, less glitches, smoother gameplay, so on and so forth.

For one example, play Pro Ev online on the ps3 and then on the 360 and tell me which one is better.

Not sure about the PS3 but Pro Evo online on the 360 is a disgrace. Nothing but lag in every game with the ball jumping all over the place.

That's not just my opinion either.

PS3 online is free. There is no difference in actual online play in most games. You dont get all the extras you get with live but I couldn't care about them. For exapmle, call of duty 4 online is identical on both

PS3 online is free. There is no difference in actual online play in most games. You dont get all the extras you get with live but I couldn't care about them. For exapmle, call of duty 4 online is identical on both

But what about the reported problems with Rainbow 6 Vegas and Unreal 3.Not got them myself but Unreal is meant to have really bad lag.The PS3 is great for there exclusive games it's the ones that are ports of PC games or multi platform that all are made for the 360 first and then ported to the PS3 and it's not just online some of them have really bad framerate issues offline aswell.Thats why i never buy a multi platform game for my PS3.I'll only buy the exclusives and im not saying this is Sony's fault most of it is caused by sloppy ports by the games companies.Ubisoft are already making excuse for the new Tom Clancy game End War saying - we will try our best to make sure the PS3 has the best port possible but we are finding it hard to work with.The Unreal engine even though it was optimised for the PS3 is also having difficulties with the machine.This is the PS3'S biggest problem it's just not game making friendly even some of there big exclusives have failed to hit the mark.Take Lair for example despite the game developer giving it the big talk up saying that working with the PS3's Cell was a joy and you could not make LAIR on any other system,the game ended up an absolute mess with sloppy controls and shocking framrate issues.

+ 69.99 for a wireless adapter

+ 35.00 for xbox live

Thats 364.98 before you even buy a game.

And dont forget your battery packs now.

And a play and charge kit.

299.99 ps3 seems a bargin to me.

Yeah just throw in some peripherals(sp) to make the 360 seem dearer!

You don't necessarily need a wireless router or adapter if your 360 is next to your PC. I don't have the play & charge kit and I use recharable batteries in my controllers. I assume the PS3 controllers work of solar power since it seems you don't need battery packs for that?

Darth Sidious

You don't necessarily need a wireless router or adapter if your 360 is next to your PC. I don't have the play & charge kit and I use recharable batteries in my controllers. I assume the PS3 controllers work of solar power since it seems you don't need battery packs for that?

Would you rather have your console next to the TV or your PC? Do not think the wife would like so many bulky boxes in front of her soaps.

PS3 Controllers are rechargable as standard, you do not have to buy a recharger, batteries or rechargable batteries. 1-0 to the PS3.

Not sure about the PS3 but Pro Evo online on the 360 is a disgrace. Nothing but lag in every game with the ball jumping all over the place.

That's not just my opinion either.

We were playing Pro Ev online on the xbox one night....no problems at all, next night at my mates with the ps3.....absolute garbage, it was unplayable tbh.

My pro ev example was probably a bad one, i was unaware they had fixed it. It was unplayable when it first came out online on ps3....but I gues that isnt a problem for people with ps3s as they seem happy to constantly wait and wait and wait for there ps3 to be up to scratch.

Ryan Gosling
But what about the reported problems with Rainbow 6 Vegas and Unreal 3.Not got them myself but Unreal is meant to have really bad lag.The PS3 is great for there exclusive games it's the ones that are ports of PC games or multi platform that all are made for the 360 first and then ported to the PS3 and it's not just online some of them have really bad framerate issues offline aswell.Thats why i never buy a multi platform game for my PS3.I'll only buy the exclusives and im not saying this is Sony's fault most of it is caused by sloppy ports by the games companies.Ubisoft are already making excuse for the new Tom Clancy game End War saying - we will try our best to make sure the PS3 has the best port possible but we are finding it hard to work with.The Unreal engine even though it was optimised for the PS3 is also having difficulties with the machine.This is the PS3'S biggest problem it's just not game making friendly even some of there big exclusives have failed to hit the mark.Take Lair for example despite the game developer giving it the big talk up saying that working with the PS3's Cell was a joy and you could not make LAIR on any other system,the game ended up an absolute mess with sloppy controls and shocking framrate issues.

Rainbow Six on the 360 is great online, as long as you have a decent ping to the host. 2 or 3 dots and you'll get a great game.

jack D and coke
Rainbow Six on the 360 is great online, as long as you have a decent ping to the host. 2 or 3 dots and you'll get a great game.

Everything i've ever played on LIVE has been excellent bar the new Pro Evo. My mate who has a PS3 tells me it's even worse on the PSN servers so **** knows how bad that must be. My other mate who has both the 360 and the PS3 is always on LIVE cos he says it's much better, easier to get matches and more user friendly. I haven't played it myself though.

At the end of the day MS and SONY competing and scrapping for market share can only be good for the consumer. Lets face MS launched the 360 cheaper than most of the next gen consoles in the past and SONY have had to cut prices sharpish to stop MS running away with the next gen market. I pretty much bought all the consoles when they launched in the past but nothing draws me to the PS3 and i've owned the PS1, PS2 and the PSP. If the PS3 suddenly becomes this incredible machine i'll buy one but their exclusives bore me now. SONY got complacent and they're having to scrap to get back in the race seeing as nintendo have sneaked up on both of them and surprised everybody. The consumer wins in these scenario's.

Everything i've ever played on LIVE has been excellent bar the new Pro Evo. My mate who has a PS3 tells me it's even worse on the PSN servers so **** knows how bad that must be. My other mate who has both the 360 and the PS3 is always on LIVE cos he says it's much better, easier to get matches and more user friendly. I haven't played it myself though.

At the end of the day MS and SONY competing and scrapping for market share can only be good for the consumer. Lets face MS launched the 360 cheaper than most of the next gen consoles in the past and SONY have had to cut prices sharpish to stop MS running away with the next gen market. I pretty much bought all the consoles when they launched in the past but nothing draws me to the PS3 and i've owned the PS1, PS2 and the PSP. If the PS3 suddenly becomes this incredible machine i'll buy one but their exclusives bore me now. SONY got complacent and they're having to scrap to get back in the race seeing as nintendo have sneaked up on both of them and surprised everybody. The consumer wins in these scenario's.

im in the same boat, i had a ps1 and ps2 and both were awesome machines, but i just cant see any good reason to get a ps3. yes its a good machine and yes there are good games but no way am i going to spend 300 odd quid on 'potential'. As a PS owner i feel sony let the fans down badly with the PS3,as when it first came out it was ridiclously priced, and had no games worth buying it for.

The majority of people i know who own one only have one because it says 'Playstation' on it, in fact the only game ive came across that my mates have on it but isnt available on the 360 is Resistance, which isnt exactly a Halo 3 or Bioshock. thats the mean reason i get so annoyed at the PS3, by buying it as soon as it came out was for me basically saying it was ok for Sony to rip off the consumer.

One thing that really irks me about 360's is the red ring of death. Which I just got today. Yep today it happened. The dreaded red ring of death found its way on my 360. I was playing Call Of Duty a few days ago and during an online match it froze and my controller was vibrating constantly. Then I went to play Pro Evolution 08 and it freezes at the begining of one of the matches. Both times I switched it off and it seemed to work fine (with COD4) but with Pro Evo it crashed again. Now I get the 3 red lights when I turn it on. What do I do now?

One thing that really irks me about 360's is the red ring of death. Which I just got today. Yep today it happened. The dreaded red ring of death found its way on my 360. I was playing Call Of Duty a few days ago and during an online match it froze and my controller was vibrating constantly. Then I went to play Pro Evolution 08 and it freezes at the begining of one of the matches. Both times I switched it off and it seemed to work fine (with COD4) but with Pro Evo it crashed again. Now I get the 3 red lights when I turn it on. What do I do now?

i think all you can do is take it back and get it fixed

PS3 controller is charged via a USB and lasts for over a month (for me, played about 5 hours a week)

Bought it when first came out and think it is great, but tbh never played a 360 so my opinion doesn't count for much

jack D and coke

It's goosed mate. Phone 08005871102. XBOX customer services

UnworthyPapaLazaru

It is a heap of junk the 360. Thrown together with any odds and bods they could find on the cheap.

It is a heap of junk the 360. Thrown together with any odds and bods they could find on the cheap.

Still rather have it than a PS3

Bythawhy, Why are PS3 games ?5-?10 dearer than 360 games. The same game and usually poorer graphics but you pay more for it.

Take it back to the shop you got it from and get a new one.

Happened to me, took it up to gamestation, 'no problem sir, here is your shiny new 360 and we swapped the hard drives over so you dont lose any content'.

Happened to me, took it up to gamestation, 'no problem sir, here is your shiny new 360 and we swapped the hard drives over so you dont lose any content'.

I don't have the reciept though.:sad:

Say What Again

That may teach you not to shoplift! ;)

Should have got a 3 year warranty with it, no? I'd get it sent pronto in time for GTA. It can take a minimum of 2 weeks to get it back. I've had to send mines away 4 times, still wouldn't touch a PS3.

PES and R6V2 are a lagfest, just my experience. I've been waiting months for them to patch PES up.

Whats the longest you waited for it bud?

How do I go about sending it to them?

Have you got a credit/debit card statement showing the purchase?

Have you got a credit/debit card statement showing the purchase?

Nah paid by cash(n)

Dean Winchester

Depends how busy they are but I sent it back once and it took 4 weeks, sent it back a 2nd time and it took 4 days :)

Whats the longest you waited for it bud?

How do I go about sending it to them?

The longest I've waited is 3 weeks max, but that was at it's busiest time when everyone was getting the ring of death. Just contact customer services and they will take your details, then they will send you out a box with all the information you need. You'll then phone to arrange a pick up and then you can keep track of it on the UPS website.

Not got a clue what will happen if you don't have a warranty though. Get it sent and back in good order for GTA!

Ta. Hopefully it's not too busy then. Not near any holiday seasons or anything so I don't see why they would all crash just now.

Dean Winchester
The longest I've waited is 3 weeks max, but that was at it's busiest time when everyone was getting the ring of death. Just contact customer services and they will take your details, then they will send you out a box with all the information you need. You'll then phone to arrange a pick up and then you can keep track of it on the UPS website.

Not got a clue what will happen if you don't have a warranty though. Get it sent and back in good order for GTA!

Everybody's covered for 3 years for the red ring. If its something else then it'll cost you about ?60 to get it fixed.

UnworthyPapaLazaru

Happened to me, took it up to gamestation, 'no problem sir, here is your shiny new 360 and we.

will see you in a few months

Don't mock too soon mate.Loads of PS3'S are now being sent back faulty in the US with disc drive errors but it least it is a much better customer service with a new(not refurb)Ps3 turning up at your door in 1 - 2 days time.For the record my PS3 would not play Blu-Ray movies and that was only after 1 day but as i say nice new shiny one showed up the next day and touch wood i have had no trouble since.Having all 3 of the new consoles maybe helps as i can spread the gaming about instead of killing one by overplay.It's shocking really that you pay your cash and keep having to have any of them replaced all the time.

So i have had 1 PS3 goosed,one 360 goosed but the good old Wii still going strong on the first one.

One last thing read what it says on your manual and it should prolong the life of the machine.Always unplug your 360 as it is still cooking inside even when switched off at the machine.

Don't mock too soon mate.Loads of PS3'S are now being sent back faulty in the US with disc drive errors but it least it is a much better customer service with a new(not refurb)Ps3 turning up at your door in 1 - 2 days time.For the record my PS3 would not play Blu-Ray movies and that was only after 1 day but as i say nice new shiny one showed up the next day and touch wood i have had no trouble since.Having all 3 of the new consoles maybe helps as i can spread the gaming about instead of killing one by overplay.It's shocking really that you pay your cash and keep having to have any of them replaced all the time.

So i have had 1 PS3 goosed,one 360 goosed but the good old Wii still going strong on the first one.

One last thing read what it says on your manual and it should prolong the life of the machine.Always unplug your 360 as it is still cooking inside even when switched off at the machine.

both my PS1's and PS2's weren't very reliable, even had to turn my ps1 upside down at one point to play it. Had to get a new ps1. ps2 is still going but only just, wont play dvd's any more though.

Cant fault Nintendo consoles for reliability.

thats it been sent for, they said I need to get my own box to put it in though. Suppose it will make it a wee bit quicker.

Arthur Morgan

PES and R6V2 are a lagfest, just my experience. I've been waiting months for them to patch PES up.

do you like pes 2008 better than fifa 08?

do you like pes 2008 better than fifa 08?

I'm more of a PES guy tbh. I prefer the gameplay a bit more but I get ****ed off with the lack of sponsors and the lag online. Thinking of trading it in and giving Fifa a chance, I'd like to see the Be A Pro mode.

jack D and coke
I'm more of a PES guy tbh. I prefer the gameplay a bit more but I get ****ed off with the lack of sponsors and the lag online. Thinking of trading it in and giving Fifa a chance, I'd like to see the Be A Pro mode.

Give it a shot like. I would say PES has the edge slightly gameplay wise but FIFA is closer than it's ever been. Need to have a more measured approach with your build up play but it plays really well and the official teams, stadiums and players make it better. Online there is zero lag + game lobby's where you can always find an instant game and you can make your own league's for up to 32 teams. Not had a shot at the be a pro mode yet but will be definately. All in all it's a better package than PES now.

Jambof3tornado

Just for anyones info,sony has no stock of new ps3's(60GB) so if yours feks up like my sons they will send out a reconditioned one or offer you a 40Gb model. The recon unit looks brand new to me but apparently its not!!!! day to get it out to me which was pretty good service though.

scottishguy
Anybody got the new GT5 : Prologue yet ?

What's it like ?

Got that the day it came out.

Have to say its superb for an enlarged overpriced demo though.

Just remember its a Simulator and not an arcade game though.

Get a PS3!!! I know loads of people who switched over. Some might argue but time will tell you'll see I'm right. How many people do you know that have had to take their PS3s back?

Get a PS3!!! I know loads of people who switched over. Some might argue but time will tell you'll see I'm right. How many people do you know that have had to take their PS3s back?

None personally but online quite a few.

Brashy for example.

Apart from myself I am the only person out of my mates who has had their 360 brick.

Dean Winchester

As far as I'm aware the PS3 is having a great number of problems as well. Out of the 5 people I know who've bought one four of them have had to take them back. Thats pretty much the same kind of figure for the people I know who have a 360. 4 of them (including myself) have had the Red Ring and 1 of them hasnt had any problems yet.

Either way regardless of what console 8 out of 10 going back to the manufacturer is still a disgrace (especially when we know its not just pure coincidence but rather the consoles themselves)

As far as I'm aware the PS3 is having a great number of problems as well. Out of the 5 people I know who've bought one four of them have had to take them back. Thats pretty much the same kind of figure for the people I know who have a 360. 4 of them (including myself) have had the Red Ring and 1 of them hasnt had any problems yet.

Either way regardless of what console 8 out of 10 going back to the manufacturer is still a disgrace (especially when we know its not just pure coincidence but rather the consoles themselves)

Thats the thing though with the 360.The whole red ring thing which really all it was meant to be was a built in guide to let Microsoft know what the problem with your console was if it went faulty but it turned into a huge media campaign to hate on the 360.All the consoles have there problems only Microsft highlighted theirs.

Anybody got the new GT5 : Prologue yet ?

What's it like ?

Looks absolutely stunning, but its disappointing that for a supposed driving "simulator" there's still many of the same flaws from the previous games. And ?25 is far too much for a demo, but people seem to be lapping it up.

Definitely the best looking driving game I've ever played, but Forza is more realistic and at the moment I think PGR4 is more fun. But I'm sticking with it...

jack D and coke
Looks absolutely stunning, but its disappointing that for a supposed driving "simulator" there's still many of the same flaws from the previous games. And ?25 is far too much for a demo, but people seem to be lapping it up.

Definitely the best looking driving game I've ever played, but Forza is more realistic and at the moment I think PGR4 is more fun. But I'm sticking with it...

The one thing missing from the Gran Turismo games is fun.....oh and car damage......and maybe decent AI.

It'll be like Forza where the geekiest tw*ts have unbeatable cars and make it even less fun.

Archived