Playstation 3's....

Gimme an H...

I do know what Home is. If I thought it looked any good then I would buy The Sims for my PC. It's a pretty basic concept. I mean GTA IV has an online mode where you can walk around and talk to your friends doing whatever you want such as flying around in a chopper or getting chased from the police. A single multiplayer player mode in a game is more appealing than 'Home'

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sales figure:

Worldwide sales figures

1. Wii: 20.13 million, as of December 31, 2007[20]

2. Xbox 360: 18 million, as of February 22, 2008[23]

3. PlayStation 3: 10.49 million, as of December 31, 2007[24][25]

[edit] US sales figures

1. Xbox 360: 9.15 million, as of January 1, 2008[26][27][28]

2. Wii: 7.38 million, as of January 1, 2008[26][27][28]

3. PlayStation 3: 3.25 million, as of January 1, 2008[26][27][28]

[edit] Japan sales figures

1. Wii: 4,618,479, as of January 1, 2008[29][30]

2. PlayStation 3: 1,673,063, as of January 1, 2008[29][30]

3. Xbox 360: 548,308, as of January 1, 2008[29][30]

I haven't played either a 360 or PS3, but I don't see why folk would buy both, since the majority of the games are on both consoles. It really depends on personal preference which one someone should go for - weighing up the better exclusive titles on the 360 against the blu-ray player of the PS3.

Arthur Morgan

ive got better things to do though "than" debate on this so thats why im stopping and hughesie27 your obviously entitled to your opinion like everyone else but seriously i cant be bothered debating anymore

Sales figure:

Worldwide sales figures

1. Wii: 20.13 million, as of December 31, 2007[20]

2. Xbox 360: 18 million, as of February 22, 2008[23]

3. PlayStation 3: 10.49 million, as of December 31, 2007[24][25]

[edit] US sales figures

1. Xbox 360: 9.15 million, as of January 1, 2008[26][27][28]

2. Wii: 7.38 million, as of January 1, 2008[26][27][28]

3. PlayStation 3: 3.25 million, as of January 1, 2008[26][27][28]

[edit] Japan sales figures

1. Wii: 4,618,479, as of January 1, 2008[29][30]

2. PlayStation 3: 1,673,063, as of January 1, 2008[29][30]

3. Xbox 360: 548,308, as of January 1, 2008[29][30]

I haven't played either a 360 or PS3, but I don't see why folk would buy both, since the majority of the games are on both consoles. It really depends on personal preference which one someone should go for - weighing up the better exclusive titles on the 360 against the blu-ray player of the PS3.

Cheers for that. Those figures show that the 360 is by far the best console, except in Japan where they worship Sony.

Maybe the PS3 will be better in a year though...?

ive got better things to do though "than" debate on this so thats why im stopping and hughesie27 your obviously entitled to your opinion like everyone else but seriously i cant be bothered debating anymore

What the hell does that mean?

I'm sorry ''if'' I'm boring you with my chat I'll try harder next ''time''

Arthur Morgan

no what im trying to say i cant be bothered debating anymore if you can understand english

no what im trying to say i cant be bothered debating anymore if you can understand english

Why not? It's quite a good debate.

Are you 10 btw?

Cheers for that. Those figures show that the 360 is by far the best console, except in Japan where they worship Sony.

Difficult to properly judge due to the lag in market entrance. Also think the PS3 will probably see its sales accelerate now they have won the blu-ray war, but don't think that will be enough to recover from the delayed release, and the number of people who "defected" to the x box as they couldn't be bothered waiting, for what is in gaming terms, a very similar product

Difficult to properly judge due to the lag in market entrance. Also think the PS3 will probably see its sales accelerate now they have won the blu-ray war, but don't think that will be enough to recover from the delayed release, and the number of people who "defected" to the x box as they couldn't be bothered waiting, for what is in gaming terms, a very similar product

I must admit to being one of those who got bored with there delays. I agree both consoles are very similar which makes for a good debate (argument). Each console has there own plus points but the 360 has alot more going for it.

Why is it PS3 fan boys seem to think it will all change when GTA is released? Genuine question, surely it will only benefit Microsoft even more?

jack D and coke

I buy the console with the best games and at the moment, imo that is the 360.

Everybody to there own....

UnworthyPapaLazaru

Oh, its gone all childish, and even a PS3 GTF sig! The best form of defence is attack eh!

JamboRossi79
Oh, its gone all childish, and even a PS3 GTF sig! The best form of defence is attack eh!

Very sad eh :)

Oh btw question to the sig person what happens if "Romanov GTF" ?

Childish? Attack?

Only thing I'm doing is having a debate.

Very sad eh :)

Oh btw question to the sig person what happens if "Romanov GTF" ?

Then we might not be a laughing stock? We might have a manager?

Still taking your flag along to games are you?

How exactly does bigger sales equate to a better console?

The best selling car in the world is the Toyota Corolla.....

Obviously the best car in the world then

I'll leave you to ponder that one

Do The Dance
PS3 is the best. End of.

Why ? Cos I say so.

Ah but we all know you're a Sony Playstation fanboy, I even got a PS2 Pro Evo file from you .... I've turned to the dark/superior side though - 360 all the way!! ;)

Do The Dance

And what a car!!

danhibees1875

dunno if its too late, but here are some prices ive found while looking into buying a PS3:

comet PS3 w/ GT5 ?300

currys PS3 w/ GT5 ?300

game PS3 w/ GT5 & Uncharted ?300

game PS3 w/F1 championship ?300

game PS3 w/ motorstorm ?300

game PS3 w/ GT5 & R6V 2 ?300

gamestation PS3 w/ spider3(blu-ray) + any 1 games ?330

gamestation PS3 w/ spider3(blu-ray) + any 2 games ?360

gamestation PS3 w/ spider3(blu-ray) + any 3 games ?390

tesco PS3 ?285

Depending on what games you choose, the gamestation offer of a PS3 with 3 games and spiderman for ?390 looks the best.

:cool:

Two completely different industries, but I get what your saying. Bigger sales will give Microsoft more money, which is only good for 360 fans. The exclusive content for GTA will be a massive coup for them aswell. Gaming wise you can't look past the 360.

Two completely different industries, but I get what your saying. Bigger sales will give Microsoft more money, which is only good for 360 fans. The exclusive content for GTA will be a massive coup for them aswell. Gaming wise you can't look past the 360.

Tell me,

What games do you plan to buy for your 360 in the coming year???

Dont get me wrong last year the 360 had the superior catalogue of games, but this year Sony has a fair few 1st party titles coming out, enough to please any gamer.

Tell me,

What games do you plan to buy for your 360 in the coming year???

Dont get me wrong last year the 360 had the superior catalogue of games, but this year Sony has a fair few 1st party titles coming out, enough to please any gamer.

Off the top of my head? I'm not sure on release dates either.

Grand Theft Auto IV

Gears of War 2

Unreal Tournament III

APB

Resident Evil 5

There will be alot more tbh, what about you?

Off the top of my head? I'm not sure on release dates either.

Grand Theft Auto IV

Gears of War 2

Unreal Tournament III

APB

Resident Evil 5

There will be alot more tbh, what about you?

GTAIV

Metal Gear Solid 4

Wipeout HD

Resistance fall of man 2

Killzone 2

Socom

Little Big Planet

Gears 2

Fable 2

There isnt that much to call between the two consoles if you really look at it mate, Cant go wrong with buying a PS3 this year.

Arthur Morgan
Why not? It's quite a good debate.

Are you 10 btw?

no im not 10 im 15 how old are you like?

flogelisgod

Screw all u guys!Long live the Wii! With Pro Evo 8 and Zelda, your always onto a winner! :):cool:

GTAIV

Metal Gear Solid 4

Wipeout HD

Resistance fall of man 2

Killzone 2

Socom

Little Big Planet

Gears 2

Fable 2

There isnt that much to call between the two consoles if you really look at it mate, Cant go wrong with buying a PS3 this year.

Killzone was terrible, the second one looks the business though. When is it out? Seen the trailer months ago!

I'm 19 JollyJambo.

Does it?

Wouldn't have anything to do with the Xbox being out far longer than the PS3 nah?

:o

Killzone was terrible, the second one looks the business though. When is it out? Seen the trailer months ago!

I'm 19 JollyJambo.

Agreed, 1st one wasnt that good lol, hopefully they have ironed out the gameplay and made it a lot better, does look amazing though. Should see this game around september.

North Berwick Jambo

Have to laugh its just like watching two kids fighting over a sweet!

In the end it all boils down to personal choice, most folk dont really know why they choose a particular console yet in the end they end up defending it to the hilt!

My tip, go & play all three of them then pick the one that suits you best!

For the record i have a PS3 but dont feel the need to slaughter anyone with an Xbox360, the word Microsoft & the ring of death does it for me! ;)

JamboRossi79
Does it?

Wouldn't have anything to do with the Xbox being out far longer than the PS3 nah?

:o

Of course not, don't you be bringing logic into this :P

Dean Winchester
Also think the PS3 will probably see its sales accelerate now they have won the blu-ray war

You are most likely right... But I think Microsoft have the right idea now that Live has become such a huge success on the 360. They know fine well that gaming in the future isnt going to be portable media... It's all going to be hard disk based and they know it can work well... Just look at the HD Movies their distributing through Live as well as the demos which work flawlessly. While it may be to late for this generation, cos lets face it 20gb/120gb HDD's arent really THAT big... But the Xbox 720 or whatever they call it could really be a great device if they play this card rightly.

As for the whole debate thing.

360 better now. PS3 MAY become better in future.

We live in the now :)

360 is the best console, I'd rather have a Wii than a PS3. GTA has been with Sony since the early days, but look who has the exclusive content....Microsoft. PS3 is the better long term option? Don't make me laugh.

You do know that all future GTA releases after this one are meant to be going PS3 exclusive.Can't see it myself but thats the rumours

It will be better online than 360 do you know what ps3 home is?

Also you said christmas next year but not the time limit i described but i said sometime next year that could still mean christmas next year i just meant anytime next year

Yeah i know what it is.I have a PS3 and im waiting on alot more exciting things to come out than basically a 3d chatroom.

PS3 to get exclusive GTAIV DLC & Home support

Vice President of Development for GTAIV, Jeronimo Barrera, has confirmed that the PS3 will likely see its own exclusive episodes for download. It is unclear whether this means that the ?25 million Microsoft spent to gain exclusivity for 2 pieces of DLC only secured a timed window of exclusivity, or that the PS3 will simply get exclusive DLC that is completely unrelated to the 360's exclusive DLC, but either way it is good news for those intending to buy the game for the PS3.

But the good news for Sony fans does not stop there, apparently. There are strong indications that Rockstar intends to heavily support the launch of Home, potentially bringing content for customisation (clothes, accessories, room decor, etc), the chance to decorate your place with your GTAIV ingame accomplishments and the ability to stream replays of your GTAIV mayhem through the TVs in your Home space. There is even speculation that this collaboration between Sony and Rockstar will extend further, with Rockstar kickstarting the launch of Sony's new Accomplishments system, the approaching rival to Xbox Live's Achievements.

marshallschunkychicken
PS3 to get exclusive GTAIV DLC & Home support

Vice President of Development for GTAIV, Jeronimo Barrera, has confirmed that the PS3 will likely see its own exclusive episodes for download. It is unclear whether this means that the ?25 million Microsoft spent to gain exclusivity for 2 pieces of DLC only secured a timed window of exclusivity, or that the PS3 will simply get exclusive DLC that is completely unrelated to the 360's exclusive DLC, but either way it is good news for those intending to buy the game for the PS3.

But the good news for Sony fans does not stop there, apparently. There are strong indications that Rockstar intends to heavily support the launch of Home, potentially bringing content for customisation (clothes, accessories, room decor, etc), the chance to decorate your place with your GTAIV ingame accomplishments and the ability to stream replays of your GTAIV mayhem through the TVs in your Home space. There is even speculation that this collaboration between Sony and Rockstar will extend further, with Rockstar kickstarting the launch of Sony's new Accomplishments system, the approaching rival to Xbox Live's Achievements. .

Cheers Torres, sounds good.

I'm one of those people who have bought a PS3 in anticipation of GTA IV, despite it also coming out on the X-Box.

Why? Not entirely sure but probably cause I'm familiar with the PS consoles, have had no problems with them in the past, and also, I have a PSP which I understand can link in some way (probably useless though).

Ultimately, I think familiarity will be a factor for many people, and I do think that the PS3 will only start to snowball in terms of sales from now on as developer support increases, just a hunch though.

I do think that it's a bit petty to be having arguments about which is the 'better' console. They both have merits, and it's ultimately an entirely subjective situation.

Cheers Torres, sounds good.

I'm one of those people who have bought a PS3 in anticipation of GTA IV, despite it also coming out on the X-Box.

Why? Not entirely sure but probably cause I'm familiar with the PS consoles, have had no problems with them in the past, and also, I have a PSP which I understand can link in some way (probably useless though).

Ultimately, I think familiarity will be a factor for many people, and I do think that the PS3 will only start to snowball in terms of sales from now on as developer support increases, just a hunch though.

I do think that it's a bit petty to be having arguments about which is the 'better' console. They both have merits, and it's ultimately an entirely subjective situation.

The PSP support is brilliant.Not got a PSP myself but i can see that the support for it is top notch.Basically everything you you buy or download from PSN you can also play on your PSP except for the likes of GT5 Prologue and Warhawk of course.

It will be better online than 360 do you know what ps3 home is?

Also you said christmas next year but not the time limit i described but i said sometime next year that could still mean christmas next year i just meant anytime next year

No it won't.

You do know that all future GTA releases after this one are meant to be going PS3 exclusive.Can't see it myself but thats the rumours

It'll never happen, too much money to lose. As for the PS3 getting exclusive content, I doubt that will happen either. Microsoft paid ?25million for it, they'll not let it happen.

jack D and coke

No chance. The 360 is predicted to sell twice as mant copies of GTA 4 as the PS3 + what they make from the downloads. Far too much for rockstar to lose. Think about it MS paid $50m for DLC alone (even though it's supposed to be 2 huge downloads) how much would SONY have to pay for total exclusivity? A non starter for sure. EA want to buy Take 2 anyway so if that happens there's definately no chance.

Dean Winchester
Yes it will

"lets bring out a new service to rival Live"

"We'll call it home!"

"It'll come out and it'll be wayyyy better than Live in just 1 day"

"Totally, right thats todays work done whos up for pizza?"

Keep dreaming :)

JamboJoker98

I've got a 360 and my flat mate has a PS3 and have to say, I think the PS3 is light years better. Online play is pretty much the same no matter what format you play on so this argument is irrelevant (Don't listen to Xbox fan boys oh, if want real online play use your PC). But PS3's is cheap and easy. Only prob is the limited downloadable content (which you need to pay for anyway so aint worth it).

It seems to me as whatever there is on the 360, the PS3 has better. It feels alot more mature as well

Anyway neither is a bad choice so it all comes down to what you prefer and your options tbh

I've got a 360 and my flat mate has a PS3 and have to say, I think the PS3 is light years better. Online play is pretty much the same no matter what format you play on so this argument is irrelevant (Don't listen to Xbox fan boys oh, if want real online play use your PC). But PS3's is cheap and easy. Only prob is the limited downloadable content (which you need to pay for anyway so aint worth it).

It seems to me as whatever there is on the 360, the PS3 has better. It feels alot more mature as well

Anyway neither is a bad choice so it all comes down to what you prefer and your options tbh

The 360 definately has much better online gameplay.

The 360 definately has much better online gameplay.

How exactly, you never back up your points.....

Do The Dance

By that time both companies will have new consoles out probably.

I was always of the opinion that the PS3 was pretty expensive...?

PS3 Console, 40GB - ?299.99

Xbox 360 Elite Console, 120GB - 259.99

I was always of the opinion that the PS3 was pretty expensive...?

PS3 Console, 40GB - ?299.99

Xbox 360 Elite Console, 120GB - 259.99

+ 69.99 for a wireless adapter

+ 35.00 for xbox live

Thats 364.98 before you even buy a game.

And dont forget your battery packs now.

And a play and charge kit.

299.99 ps3 seems a bargin to me.

+ 69.99 for a wireless adapter

+ 35.00 for xbox live

Thats 364.98 before you even buy a game.

And dont forget your battery packs now.

And a play and charge kit.

299.99 ps3 seems a bargin to me.

I couldn't tell you anything about PS3's, just what I'm reading. It says there is no Ethernet cable with the PS3, I got one with the 360. No backwards compatibility with PS2 games either, poor show IMO.

Still think the bargain lies with the 360.

How exactly, you never back up your points.....

How?

Simply put xbox live just works better, less glitches, smoother gameplay, so on and so forth.

For one example, play Pro Ev online on the ps3 and then on the 360 and tell me which one is better.

Archived