Rudi Skacel

Drylaw Hearts

The People's Chimp

Got a spare ?600,000 to ?3 million? Because the only players currently on 15-20 goals are Goodwillie, Miller, Stokes, Sammon and Hooper. We could pick up a Rooney or Higdon on a free, but don't need to get rid of Rudi to fund that.

A half-fit Rudi has even out-scored this Sutton everyone seems to want. Rudi's only got 4 fewer than the supposed new Henrik Larrson - Gary Hooper, who cost nearly ?3m! And Skacel doesn't even take our penalties. Am I right in saying all Rudi's goals are from open play? Pretty impressive stuff and impossible to replace without spending pots of cash.

And who will set up these 15-20 goals without an attacking midfielder creating space by making runs? How many assists has Rudi had this season on top of his goals? Or how much space has he created because defenders need to always keep an eye on him? I'm totally baffled by the calls to let Rudi go.

This team needs Rudi Skacel.

I am not convinced we could adequately replace him without shelling out a sizeable six figure sum.

If Rudi is not good enough for Hearts then we don't have a midfielder that is.

So much sense, on top of so much utter nonsense.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JamboRossi79

Rudi could hit 20 goals and some fans would moan about his work rate. I wonder what a player would have to do to please them?

The BBC text commentary summed Rudi's goal up perfectly today - in the right place at the right time. This is what Rudi brings to the team, no other player in the team can read the game like Rudi can.

Bingo

:bravo:

Some folk ain't happy if they ain't moaning.

Another vital goal today by Rudi but my god he was honking again.

But to be fair the whole midfield was rotten.

I'm going to be bold enough to stick by my original assessment and say if we can get a CF in that can score 15-20 goals we could let Rudi go and further strengthen the midfield.

The man is carrying , and has been for weeks, an achilles injury which means according to JJ they don't know from 1 day to next whether he will be able to train has played with this injury to try and help us secure 3rd place and you want to hound him out? Behave yourself man

john brownlee

say it all really

and propably more to come no body alse does it better

This must be one of the daftest threads ever to go to 6 pages on kickback....and that's saying something.

We are seriously saying that we need to get rid of our 1 goal every 2 games midfielder? The guy who has a better goals to games ratio than anyone else in the league (maybe except for ?3m Hooper?)? We are going to get rid of the guy with the best technique at the club and the guy who opposition fans fear the most. Get rid of the guy who makes opponents panic when he picks up the ball in striking range? Good thinking guys - bravo!

On the issue of work rate. I don't suppose anyone is denying that in a defensive capacity Rudi doesn't do all that much. However, his work rate in the opponents half is good. He is always sharp and is moving into the areas where the ball might drop, looking for the spaces where he can cause danger and looking to provide an option for team mates. Anyone who has played in this position surely knows that this is high energy work. It certainly requires bursts which expend more energy than the constant three quarter pace running work that the traditional centre midfield role requires. Surely there is no doubt of this. I might also think that Rudi is instructed to play in this way by the manager. Given that week in week out he plays and week in week out he does his hard work when the ball is in the opposition half before dropping in and taking it easier once they get into our half.

Is he as effective in away matches - no. Are any of our attacking players as good away from home as they are at home? With the exception of Elliot I'd hazard that the answer to this also is no.

If his demands do not break the bank then to let him go is verging on insanity.

JamboAberdeen

I would say yes, as his goal speaks.

But still not convinced about his workrate, and more importantly, fitness.

Jambo Hud316

Unbelievable that some people still doubt Rudi's worth to the Hearts cause

Do we want to go back to the days of playing with 4/5 midfielders who rarely made into the opposition half never mind score.

We have an attacking midfielder who frequently scores goals, lets just accept and enjoy his abilities whilst we still can.....I have a feeling that in a few years time if we are struggling a bit there will be plenty people on here saying "If only we had a player like Rudi in the team"

Ryan Gosling

Better goals to games ratio than last time. 30 goals in 66 games. Not bad for a lazy midfielder.

adayinmay

This must be one of the daftest threads ever to go to 6 pages on kickback....and that's saying something.

We are seriously saying that we need to get rid of our 1 goal every 2 games midfielder? The guy who has a better goals to games ratio than anyone else in the league (maybe except for ?3m Hooper?)? We are going to get rid of the guy with the best technique at the club and the guy who opposition fans fear the most. Get rid of the guy who makes opponents panic when he picks up the ball in striking range? Good thinking guys - bravo!

On the issue of work rate. I don't suppose anyone is denying that in a defensive capacity Rudi doesn't do all that much. However, his work rate in the opponents half is good. He is always sharp and is moving into the areas where the ball might drop, looking for the spaces where he can cause danger and looking to provide an option for team mates. Anyone who has played in this position surely knows that this is high energy work. It certainly requires bursts which expend more energy than the constant three quarter pace running work that the traditional centre midfield role requires. Surely there is no doubt of this. I might also think that Rudi is instructed to play in this way by the manager. Given that week in week out he plays and week in week out he does his hard work when the ball is in the opposition half before dropping in and taking it easier once they get into our half.

Is he as effective in away matches - no. Are any of our attacking players as good away from home as they are at home? With the exception of Elliot I'd hazard that the answer to this also is no.

If his demands do not break the bank then to let him go is verging on insanity.

Well said.

Ive tried not to post on this thread as its just too ridiculous for words but here I am.

He isn't fit, yet he is playing through showing how committed he is and is still our top scorer, best player and most dangerous weapon that other teams fear.

For those who want to get rid of him I suggest a visit to the garage and tell them you need your head screwed on.

Masterstroke by Vlad to bring him back. JJ hasn't got us 3rd (or 4th ninja.gif), Rudi has.

Better goals to games ratio than last time. 30 goals in 66 games. Not bad for a lazy midfielder.

An absolutely outstanding goals return for a midfield player, we could shell out millions and never replace Rudi Skacel, a player who years from now will be branded a club legend, so what if his workrate ain't the best , what he gives the team can't be underestimated, I really despair of some posters on here , Willie Bauld Willie Hamilton and John Robertson every one a true Hearts legend, but none that could be described as a workhorse, that's a job for the guys like Ian Black etc.

The people who are slating Rudi obviously never saw Bauld Hamilton or Robertson ,guys like these and Skacel are the players who people want to see and anyone who can't see that well I'm sorry your opinion counts for nothing as you obviously have no understanding of football at all .

Archived