Rudi Skacel

Drylaw Hearts

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Todays goal may not have been a long range effort but Rudi has the knack of getting in there on the end of things.

However, people forget what a benefit it is to have someone who can score regular long range goals or at least strike a good ball from just outside the box. Its not easy and its a great skill to have and a big attribute for us.

Im not saying this excuses Rudi from working or earning a place but the guy is fighting through injury and still giving us something.

This is what i`ve wanted for ages at Hearts, players playing through the pain for the club. These days clubs can be blighted by players who call off at the slightest thing and pick up a big wage.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Debut4,

Spot on as usuall mate... However, I would say that some of his scrappy, charging in to clip it over the line goals have been more pivotal to our season than his long-range stuff.

I for one would not dream of re-signing our Czech star.

:)

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Debut4,

Spot on as usuall mate... However, I would say that some of his scrappy, charging in to clip it over the line goals have been more pivotal to our season than his long-range stuff.

I for one would not dream of not re-signing our Czech star.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

My phone can go and frick itself... Disregard the second last post Debut, the second one is the one I intended!

Debut4,

I for one would not dream of not re-signing our Czech star.

:thumbsup:

Jambof3tornado

I would have subbed Rudi about 10 minutes before he scored!!! Thats why I am a supporter and not a manager. He did very little today but if he is on the park theres always a chance he will sniff out a goal.

Get him fit for next season and use him carefully to protect his legs.

grumpy rebus

His role is to do what he did today. We have lots of guys in the squad that can do the "fetching & carrying", like Eggy, Black, Adrian etc.

Without him we've got no craft or guile.

Drylaw Hearts

Another vital goal today by Rudi but my god he was honking again.

But to be fair the whole midfield was rotten.

I'm going to be bold enough to stick by my original assessment and say if we can get a CF in that can score 15-20 goals we could let Rudi go and further strengthen the midfield.

I'm going to be bold enough to stick by my original assessment and say if we can get a CF in that can score 15-20 goals we could let Rudi go and further strengthen the midfield.

Where are we going to find a CF in that can score 15-20 goals? How would we fund one if we did? A bird in the hand...

And the burning issue since Robertson played for is where do you find those? We have a player, who is here, scores goals, sets up chances, is a leader for our young squad and loves the club and you want to get rid of him.................football fans are a fickle bunch.

Drylaw Hearts

Where are we going to find a CF in that can score 15-20 goals? How would we fund one if did? A bird in the hand...

Motherwell ?

Inverness ?

Funding ? There are players leaving.

Motherwell ?

Inverness ?

Funding ? There are players leaving.

Personally I would be very disappointed if signing Rooney and Sutton meant losing Rudi. We should be able to bring them in without losing our only attacking midfielder.

Drylaw Hearts

And the burning issue since Robertson played for is where do you find those? We have a player, who is here, scores goals, sets up chances, is a leader for our young squad and loves the club and you want to get rid of him.................football fans are a fickle bunch.

SAF was bold enough to move on several players when it seemed crazy but it didn't do the team much harm.

Playing Rudi in midfield brings us goals but not much else imo and we're being stretched.

I love the guy and he's being great for Hearts but sometimes it's ok to change things.

Drylaw Hearts

Personally I would be very disappointed if signing Rooney and Sutton meant losing Rudi. We should be able to bring them in without losing our only attacking midfielder.

We need a playmaker in midfield - someone to split defences open with a pass. If we can bring that type of player in plus a CF then we'd be ok.

SAF was bold enough to move on several players when it seemed crazy but it didn't do the team much harm.

Playing Rudi in midfield brings us goals but not much else imo and we're being stretched.

I love the guy and he's being great for Hearts but sometimes it's ok to change things.

So were you saying this when we were winning left, right and centre.................I don't think so. FICKLE.

I'd change the midfielder behind him who's job it is to plug gaps and win the ball for forward players and I have been saying that all season.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Rudi has been phenomenal this season, his goals have been one of three major parts in us looking like getting a tilt at yooooooorup. Seriously chaps can we no just respect the positive factors of our season, even if we made rash decisions on players worth earlier on?

Rudi is not the answer to a solid attacking midfield... But the lad has eclipsed everyone else this season when we have needed goals. :)

Drylaw Hearts

So were you saying this when we were winning left, right and centre.................I don't think so. FICKLE.

I'd change the midfielder behind him who's job it is to plug gaps and win the ball for forward players and I have been saying that all season.

We without doubt need a better Defensive Midfielder as neither Black nor Mrowiec are anywhere near good enough.

I'm not fickle - I just think for next season we may need to do something different.

If it was a straight choice between keeping Rudi on for another year or signing Sutton and Rooney I'd take the latter every time.

Rudi has pitched in with some crucial goals this season but his workrate is abysmal and we look a far more balanced team without him IMO.

We without doubt need a better Defensive Midfielder as neither Black nor Mrowiec are anywhere near good enough.

I'm not fickle - I just think for next season we may need to do something different.

By getting rid of our best attacking option? Odd.

we can't afford to allow players of skacel's calibre to slip away. complete and utter madness if we allowed him to go without making him an offer.

as ever with kickback, someone (in this case drylaw) comes up with a theory (in this case jettisoning skacel) and would rather perform a reprisal of custer's last stand to back up the original theory than open their eyes and mind to the possibility that the original thought isn't quite as brilliant as first hoped.

we don't want to get rid of skacel and get another all-singing-all-dancing central midfielder in instead.... what we want to do is to keep skacel and play him in a team WITH the other player.

the concept is easy when you think hard enough, it's called having as many proper ball players in your team as you get.

jeez.

Drylaw Hearts

By getting rid of our best attacking option? Odd.

Not just getting rid and leaving it at that - changing the shape and style of the team by having a better defensive midfielder, a better passing midfielder and a 15-20 goal striker.

Our midfield is really toiling with him in there imo.

Also...

Temps clearly plays better on the left.

Not just getting rid and leaving it at that - changing the shape and style of the team by having a better defensive midfielder, a better passing midfielder and a 15-20 goal striker.

Our midfield is really toiling with him in there imo.

Also...

Temps clearly plays better on the left.

Yip I knew it, too much football manager.

You work with what you have and build round your better players, not get rid of them and start again.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

How about keeping Skacel and bringing in another couple of strikers and another attacking mid?

Just a suggestion though eh? :)

Drylaw Hearts

Yip I knew it, too much football manager.

You work with what you have and build round your better players, not get rid of them and start again.

Never played Football Manager in my puff.

And your second sentence is just garbage. SAF has done this several times.

:vrface:

so SAF has maneged to reform his team a few times with all the massive resources at his club's disposal, therefore it's the same thing that we should be doing with all out mighty wea....

aw shit. bang goes another idea.

kennyblack'sshot

Got a spare ?600,000 to ?3 million? Because the only players currently on 15-20 goals are Goodwillie, Miller, Stokes, Sammon and Hooper. We could pick up a Rooney or Higdon on a free, but don't need to get rid of Rudi to fund that.

A half-fit Rudi has even out-scored this Sutton everyone seems to want. Rudi's only got 4 fewer than the supposed new Henrik Larrson - Gary Hooper, who cost nearly ?3m! And Skacel doesn't even take our penalties. Am I right in saying all Rudi's goals are from open play? Pretty impressive stuff and impossible to replace without spending pots of cash.

And who will set up these 15-20 goals without an attacking midfielder creating space by making runs? How many assists has Rudi had this season on top of his goals? Or how much space has he created because defenders need to always keep an eye on him? I'm totally baffled by the calls to let Rudi go.

Drylaw Hearts

:vrface:

so SAF has maneged to reform his team a few times with all the massive resources at his club's disposal, therefore it's the same thing that we should be doing with all out mighty wea....

aw shit. bang goes another idea.

It's all relative Vic.

Never played Football Manager in my puff.

And your second sentence is just garbage. SAF has done this several times.

Do we have cash to splash around like Man United? Do other teams in our financial state do it? In a word NO. Man United do it from a position of strength, we are not in anyway shape or form in that strong a position we can let our better players go cause we need to freshen things up.

It's all relative Vic.

you're right, it is all relative. exactly the point with skacel and the SPL. in SPL terms, skacel is feckin world class relatively.

Drylaw Hearts

Got a spare ?600,000 to ?3 million? Because the only players currently on 15-20 goals are Goodwillie, Miller, Stokes, Sammon and Hooper. We could pick up a Rooney or Higdon on a free, but don't need to get rid of Rudi to fund that.

A half-fit Rudi has even out-scored this Sutton everyone seems to want. Rudi's only got 4 fewer than the supposed new Henrik Larrson - Gary Hooper, who cost nearly ?3m! And Skacel doesn't even take our penalties. Am I right in saying all Rudi's goals are from open play? Pretty impressive stuff and impossible to replace without spending pots of cash.

And who will set up these 15-20 goals without an attacking midfielder creating space by making runs? How many assists has Rudi had this season on top of his goals? Or how much space has he created because defenders need to always keep an eye on him? I'm totally baffled by the calls to let Rudi go.

Let's be clear......

I'm not taking ANYTHING away from what Rudi has done this season - his goals have been massive for us.

I just feel that next season our midfield needs to be better.

Drylaw Hearts

you're right, it is all relative. exactly the point with skacel and the SPL. in SPL terms, skacel is feckin world class relatively.

:lol:

How do you think he played today ?

Drylaw I admire you for having and defending your view but yer talking nonsense mate and here is my gift to you.

tin%2Bhat.jpg

Everybody loves Baz

This breaks my heart to say this, but this is spot on.

I'm away for a lie down. :blink:

:lol:

How do you think he played today ?

you seem determined to over-simplify whether or not he's worth a place. it's very easy to come along and cite a poor game as concrete proof to back up your theory. in reality he's had a superb influence over our season when you take the season as a whole.

you want a better midfield... skacel AND [insert name of mystery super-midfielder here].

kennyblack'sshot

Let's be clear......

I'm not taking ANYTHING away from what Rudi has done this season - his goals have been massive for us.

I just feel that next season our midfield needs to be better.

Agreed but maybe we just differ on how to do that. We need a playmaker type to compliment Rudi. Rudi's just an attacking midfielder - not a playmaker or midfield general. We need a Bruno Aguiar or Eremenko type. And a Bryson type would be good as an alternative to Rudi, although maybe Scott Robinson can fit the bill. We don't have a playmaker in the squad though - even harder to find than a half-decent SPL striker. Even though he's been disappointing at Aberdeen, I wouldn't mind taking a chance on a 1-yr deal for Hartley.

This team needs Rudi Skacel.

I am not convinced we could adequately replace him without shelling out a sizeable six figure sum.

we can't afford to allow players of skacel's calibre to slip away. complete and utter madness if we allowed him to go without making him an offer.

as ever with kickback, someone (in this case drylaw) comes up with a theory (in this case jettisoning skacel) and would rather perform a reprisal of custer's last stand to back up the original theory than open their eyes and mind to the possibility that the original thought isn't quite as brilliant as first hoped.

we don't want to get rid of skacel and get another all-singing-all-dancing central midfielder in instead.... what we want to do is to keep skacel and play him in a team WITH the other player.

the concept is easy when you think hard enough, it's called having as many proper ball players in your team as you get.

jeez.

How about keeping Skacel and bringing in another couple of strikers and another attacking mid?

Just a suggestion though eh? :)

^ These.

Drylaw Hearts

you seem determined to over-simplify whether or not he's worth a place. it's very easy to come along and cite a poor game as concrete proof to back up your theory. in reality he's had a superb influence over our season when you take the season as a whole.

you want a better midfield... skacel AND [insert name of mystery super-midfielder here].

He's had loads of poor games.

As I've said.....

Let say we can replace his goals by signing a striker and then replace his position in midfield by signing a playmaker in CM.

It would give the team a better shape and better balance imo.

As I've said.....

Let say we can replace his goals by signing a striker and then replace his position in midfield by signing a playmaker in CM.

:facepalm: still not getting it.

how many players of this kind of quality do you think are or will become available to us? what happens to this theory if the high scoring striker and/or the super-duper midfielder get long term injuries?

we HAVE a player of top quality. what on earth would be the point of allowing one to leave?

Drylaw Hearts

:facepalm: still not getting it.

how many players of this kind of quality do you think are or will become available to us? what happens to this theory if the high scoring striker and/or the super-duper midfielder get long term injuries?

we HAVE a player of top quality. what on earth would be the point of allowing one to leave?

You're not getting it.

It's ok.

Right Drylaw....................

Do you let Rudi go before we sign up these other STAR players?

Cause or record of bringing in quality players recently has been outstanding :whistling:

kennyblack'sshot

As I've said.....

I think we'll find it much easier to sign a decent striker and playmaker if they know they will be playing with someone of the quality of Rudi. Better players want to play with better players.

Chris Benoit

Why does us getting a new midfielder and striker have to be dependant on Rudi leaving?

Personally I'd like to see him stay but would rather we had other options away from home as we get overrun with him in midfield.

Victor Meldrew

This.

It could be a complete coincidence that our two best seasons in the last half dozen have involved Rudi, however I don't think it is.

Bungalow Bill

Rudi could hit 20 goals and some fans would moan about his work rate. I wonder what a player would have to do to please them?

The BBC text commentary summed Rudi's goal up perfectly today - in the right place at the right time. This is what Rudi brings to the team, no other player in the team can read the game like Rudi can.

portobellojambo1

I don't think Skacel was the worst performer on the park, in fact of the midfield you could say he provided most, by chipping in with a goal. I agree he has on occasions been posted missing in some matches away from home, but that is where the manager comes in, and has to change the personnel when necessary. Today I think we lost control of midfield after Ian Black was pulled up by the referee early on. After that he rarely put in a tackle and Kilmarnock took more and more control of the middle of the park. most of the ball winning and closing down thereafter was actually done by our front two of Stevenson and Elliott.

I still think Skacel has something to offer, although again accept it is more often than not at home, but with Kyle back in the side and Hearts going more offensive, I think Skacel still has something to offer us. Wrong to consider blaming today on Rudi Skacel, apart from about 20 minutes in the 2nd half we didn't turn up at all today, weak at the back, non existent in midfield and through lack of service the front two were reduced to trying to restrict the amount of balls Kilmarnock were getting to their midfield.

I think the balance of our team is wrong just now with Rudi playing left mid/attacking mid. He is all about coming inside (which is fine) but it is leaving us very exposed as a team since he's not got the legs to get up and down as much. Next season I would like to see us utilise him in a more central role with wingers that can track back a little more because just now our centre mid are being stretched since they are effectively trying to cover the wings aswell.

I agree our centre mid were pretty honking today but theyre possibly having to concentrate on the wings too much - ie. theyre overstretched - instead of looking after the centre of the pitch.

It's certainly a difficult problem to solve which is why I'm not a manager - thank feck! :teehee:

Archived