1 v Hamilton

1 v Dundee Utd

1 v Rangers

Only 2 goals against Top 6 teams.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jam Tarts 1874

I think he is worth keeping just for the impact he is likely to make at the start of the season, especially in Europe. He doesn't seem to be capable of lasting the whole season.

ToadKiller Dog

You get the same points for beating St Midden as you do Dundee United . Goals are important whoever we score against .

Could also argue oue 3-2 win over the Midden as one of the more important results this season in terms of holding 3rd place .

If we weren't in Europe next season I'd let him go, but we'll need him for the Europa League games. We'll be up against teams who keep the ball far better than us for long periods of the game, therefore we'll need some one who can calm things down and pick a pass.

IMO Rudi is one of the few people in our squad that doesn't panic when he's on the ball and can be relied upon to find a Hearts player when passing further than 10 yards.

Diadora Van Basten

We should definitely resign Skacel, it is the bit of quality that Skacel has added to the team that is the reason why we are in third place.

I do however think he needs to be nursed through our remaining games and would not have picked him yesterday as he does not look 100% fit.

Voice of reason

11 goals for Rudi :

5 v St Mirren

2 v Aberdeen

1 v St Johnstone

1 v Hamilton

1 v Dundee Utd

1 v Rangers

...and that's as many goals as any other player at the club against top 6 opposition [and Rudi is a midfielder]. So let's get rid off the whole team! Totally flawed logic as we have scored so few as a team against other top 6 teams in any case.

Skacel is still an exciting player to watch - we should keep him without doubt. This whole thread is a wind-up

Drylaw Hearts

...and that's as many goals as any other player at the club against top 6 opposition [and Rudi is a midfielder]. So let's get rid off the whole team! Totally flawed logic as we have scored so few as a team against other top 6 teams in any case.

Skacel is still an exciting player to watch - we should keep him without doubt. This whole thread is a wind-up

The thread is far from a wind-up.

I am having serious doubts about what Rudi could contribute next season and if we can replace his goals by bringing in a striker along with making our midfield stronger then i think we should.

If the only reason so many matches are passing him by is due to lack of fitness and injury then fair enough but I'm not so sure it is.

I don't think we should extend his contract.

It's like playing with 10 men.

There was a post on here last week,about players disrespect of the fans,by not turning up for POY awards,is it any wonder when a player who is a legend in my eyes gets treated like this,he hasnt been fully fit,and playing whilst carrying injuries,but some on here want him to GTF. He hasnt always been at his best,but i think he deserves so much more respect from all Jambos.

Drylaw Hearts

There was a post on here last week,about players disrespect of the fans,by not turning up for POY awards,is it any wonder when a player who is a legend in my eyes gets treated like this,he hasnt been fully fit,and playing whilst carrying injuries,but some on here want him to GTF. He hasnt always been at his best,but i think he deserves so much more respect from all Jambos.

Get's treated like what ?

Is Rudi beyond being questioned ?

I didn't see that clause when I signed up for my Season Ticket.

rudi must stay

he's worth another season because he'll always score goals for us. But we seem to be abit reliant on him, at his age that's not a smart move IMO.

Regal Kingston

11 goals for Rudi :

5 v St Mirren

2 v Aberdeen

1 v St Johnstone

1 v Hamilton

1 v Dundee Utd

1 v Rangers

You've actually taken the time to compile stats to slate Hearts top scorer!

What do you think of Obua?

Drylaw Hearts

You've actually taken the time to compile stats to slate Hearts top scorer!

What do you think of Obua?

I'm not slating him as such.

I'm merely debating if he is worth a new deal when you take all the different factors into account.

Most of the 'keep' supporters seem to see him as either a home match players, an impact sub or an early season player.

I'm smart enough to question whether that is enough or should we be looking for a player who can give us more.

a quite bizarre singling out of rudi in my correct opinion.

yes he can drift out of games and be a bit ineffective, but you can say that about quite a few of the players, as could every other set of fans about their own club.

rudi virtually single-handedly pulled the st.mirren game out of the fire recently and those 3points could be the ones that see us cling on for 3rd. on balance he's added significant value to our season.

like i said, bizarre.

keep.

Drylaw Hearts

a quite bizarre singling out of rudi in my correct opinion.

yes he can drift out of games and be a bit ineffective, but you can say that about quite a few of the players, as could every other set of fans about their own club.

rudi virtually single-handedly pulled the st.mirren game out of the fire recently and those 3points could be the ones that see us cling on for 3rd. on balance he's added significant value to our season.

like i said, bizarre.

keep.

The reason for the thread Vic is that I was up at Inverness and witnessed yet another lackluster display from Rudi.

I've witnessed many similar performances , granted mostly away from home, and I wondered if Home games were enough to keep a player who will no doubt be on an excellent wage.

Get's treated like what ?

Is Rudi beyond being questioned ?

I didn't see that clause when I signed up for my Season Ticket.

some on here saying he should GTF,and he lacks commitment,shit way to treat him.No u didnt sign a clause,it should be a given not to treat legends this way.

The reason for the thread Vic is that I was up at Inverness and witnessed yet another lackluster display from Rudi.

I've witnessed many similar performances , granted mostly away from home, and I wondered if Home games were enough to keep a player who will no doubt be on an excellent wage.

but then you would have to establish beyond any doubt that he will always be ineffective away from home, clearly this cannot be done. he's had good games on the road before.

sorry DH but this escapade is beneath your standards.

Chris Benoit

some on here saying he should GTF,and he lacks commitment,shit way to treat him.No u didnt sign a clause,it should be a given not to treat legends this way.

Bullshit, all DH has done is give his opinion whether you agree or not is unimportant. Personally I'd like to see him play but understand DH's concerns that he might end up a bit part player in big wages

Drylaw Hearts

I honestly have never seen a GTF post about Rudi.

Anyway.......

Who decides at what point we should discuss Rudi leaving ?

Now ? June ? January ? June 2012 ?

You just let me know and I'll make sure I'm there.

Regal Kingston

I'm not slating him as such.

I'm merely debating if he is worth a new deal when you take all the different factors into account.

Most of the 'keep' supporters seem to see him as either a home match players, an impact sub or an early season player.

I'm smart enough to question whether that is enough or should we be looking for a player who can give us more.

I think next saeson he should start every home game.

Maybe use him sparingly away from home.

He's a match winner with great technique and a fantastic shot.

I 'kind of' get your point but but we cannot afford a player that will 'give us more' than Rudi.

He scores goals at this level.

If we didn't have him I think our home form would be significantly worse and we wouldn't have had the great season we have had.

ONE MORE YEAR!!!

Drylaw Hearts

but then you would have to establish beyond any doubt that he will always be ineffective away from home, clearly this cannot be done. he's had good games on the road before.

sorry DH but this escapade is beneath your standards.

This season ?

1 or 2 at most imo.

I honestly have never seen a GTF post about Rudi.

Anyway.......

Who decides at what point we should discuss Rudi leaving ?

Now ? June ? January ? June 2012 ?

You just let me know and I'll make sure I'm there.

Doesnt matter when,but all i,m saying is,he deserves respect,if and when he does

Drylaw Hearts

Doesnt matter when,but all i,m saying is,he deserves respect,if and when he does

I think you are taking Rudi's 18 month Hearts career way too seriously.

UNBELIEVABLE!.......shocking post, absolutely shocking, Rudi has Played a lot of games of late and yes they probably are taking their toll on him, Rudi Skacel has changed our season, we are an attacking team with a bit of flair again and can score from anywhere on the field, whole team has put a lot in this season and we are missing KK, We still aint losing the games we would have a few seasons back, Worst post I have seen on here for years!, Drylaw get a grip!

Yesterday we played with 3 out and out forwards (Elliott, Suso and Stevenson) plus Driver who is a slightly more tactical winger than the likes of Suso and Templeton.

That leaves a huge burden on the remaining midfield 2. It is not and never will be Rudi's game to be the midfield ballwinner.

We played our best football this season when we had a midfield 2 of Black and Mroweiec to win the ball. Skacel free - and with Kyle up front - and Elliott/Templeton on the wings. JJ's plan B for a team without Kyle has not been nearly so good - a replacement 'big guy' for Kyle and a shift to a 4-4-2. This doesn't really work when 2 of the 4 are wingers.

We get the best out of Rudi when he plays an attacking game and is free to go beyond the strikers. He's our best player and surely will be signed for another year.

I'd give him another season to see if a pre-season can improve his fitness.

He is a quality player with superb vision. He can change games with his goals.

If we let him go and he went to Aberdeen for instance we'd be hating it when he played against us.

I think you are taking Rudi's 18 month Hearts career way too seriously.

Yeah,ur prob right,but spent my whole life supporting Heart of Midlothian,only seen 2 trophies,so whether its 18 months or 18 years,he,s a legend to me,bcos he was key figure in the 2nd of those trophies.Bet u sing Super Wayne song mate,he was at Tynie more than 18 months,does that qualify him 4 legend status.

Drylaw Hearts

Yeah,ur prob right,but spent my whole life supporting Heart of Midlothian,only seen 2 trophies,so whether its 18 months or 18 years,he,s a legend to me,bcos he was key figure in the 2nd of those trophies.Bet u sing Super Wayne song mate,he was at Tynie more than 18 months,does that qualify him 4 legend status.

What ?

One can only assume you aren't allowed out today and have therefore stuck with the indoor fishing blink.gif

I am having serious doubts about what Rudi could contribute next season and if we can replace his goals by bringing in a striker along with making our midfield stronger then i think we should.

This is where the argument fails in my humble opinion. If you look at the some of the goals scored by Skacel, and they way they are scored, then I can't see many other players out there who could replace him.

Skacel has a brilliant left peg and he scores a few goals from long range with the afore-mentioned appendage. Obviously I don't know the exact figures, but I would be willing to bet that probably 90% of Skacel shots are on target. He may not score with them all, but they are definately heading towards goal. When was the last time we had that reliabilty in front of goal? Most long-range shots from other players hit Row Z.

Incidentally, I wonder how many more goals we would have scored if we had better football brains in the front line? Skacel gives strikers a great opportunity to feed off rebounds if his shots are saved or parried by the keeper. Just a pity that a large part of the season, Kyle has been injured and we are having to resort to First Division fodder like Clum and Glen.

this is a classic thread its not only his goals he has contributed it his influence on other players.

You have also got to remember his presence on the pitch makes the oposition think.

Harry Palmer

Drylaw said one of my posts was insightful...

I agreed and yet he still persists....

this is a classic thread its not only his goals he has contributed it his influence on other players.

You have also got to remember his presence on the pitch makes the oposition think.

THE LAST DERBY WAS A PERFECT EXAMPLE!!

Drylaw Hearts

THE LAST DERBY WAS A PERFECT EXAMPLE!!

IIRC...........

He played no part in the last derby.

IIRC...........

He played no part in the last derby.

IIRC he came on just before we equalised.

Drylaw Hearts

IIRC he came on just before we equalised.

Did he ?

I honestly don't remember him being involved at all.

Did he ?

one wonders then why saint rudi is under the microscope when you don't actually remember which games he played in.

:mellow:

Did he ?

Yeah he came on quite late. Can't remember if it was when they went 2-1 up or just before it.

Drylaw Hearts

one wonders then why saint rudi is under the microscope when you don't actually remember which games he played in.

:mellow:

I'm still waiting on you helping me with these games on the road where he's played well.

I'm still waiting on you helping me with these games on the road where he's played well.

you didn't request any help with the away games. you partially agreed that he had played well in away games in the past.

since we're here i may as well state that he played in 5 of our away wins in the league this season so i would suggest that he is more than a "man short" as previously claimed.

unless of course we managed to win all those games with a total passenger.

Drylaw Hearts

you didn't request any help with the away games. you partially agreed that he had played well in away games in the past.

since we're here i may as well state that he played in 5 of our away wins in the league this season so i would suggest that he is more than a "man short" as previously claimed.

unless of course we managed to win all those games with a total passenger.

C'mon Vic......

You claimed Rudi has played well in matches on the road this season - name them.

C'mon Vic......

You claimed Rudi has played well in matches on the road this season - name them.

i didn't actually say this season. i said "before" and "in the past".

this season he played decently enough and contributed to getting the points in all of those away wins he played in.

aberdeen, hibs, st.johnstone, motherwell and hamilton.

Drylaw Hearts

i didn't actually say this season. i said "before" and "in the past".

this season he played decently enough and contributed to getting the points in all of those away wins he played in.

aberdeen, hibs, st.johnstone, motherwell and hamilton.

Motherwell apart he's been average at best in the rest of the away games he's played.

Many posts on here seem to only want him for home matches - why would that be if they think he's been decent and contributed enough ?

Motherwell apart he's been average at best in the rest of the away games he's played.

Many posts on here seem to only want him for home matches - why would that be if they think he's been decent and contributed enough ?

point 1 - if he's been average then he's done enough to deserve inclusion. it's purely opinion related but it's easy to downplay the contribution of a player when you want to.

point 2 - you would need to ask the people who made those comments. for me it's a complete non-starter to retain a player solely for home matches.

rudi is a player who can and reasonably often changes a game. he scores goals and can create something out of nothing. he hasn't scored goals in the away games but that doesn't mean he never will. he scored quite a few away from home the last time he was here.

Drylaw Hearts

point 1 - if he's been average then he's done enough to deserve inclusion. it's purely opinion related but it's easy to downplay the contribution of a player when you want to.

point 2 - you would need to ask the people who made those comments. for me it's a complete non-starter to retain a player solely for home matches.

rudi is a player who can and reasonably often changes a game. he scores goals and can create something out of nothing. he hasn't scored goals in the away games but that doesn't mean he never will. he scores quite a few away from home the last time he was here.

:illogical:

Check your calender Vic.....it's 2011 not 2005.

:illogical:

Check your calender Vic.....it's 2011 not 2005.

so are you claiming that he never will score goals away from home again?

Drylaw Hearts

so are you claiming that he never will score goals away from home again?

I am saying that he has been a passenger in the vast majority of away matches he's played in so far this season and I don't see that changing.

He looks a different player at Tynie but I'm wondering whether that will be enough next season or should we use his wage and sign a player that can compete equally as well and more consistently home and away.

I am saying that he has been a passenger in the vast majority of away matches he's played in so far this season and I don't see that changing.

He looks a different player at Tynie but I'm wondering whether that will be enough next season or should we use his wage and sign a player that can compete equally as well and more consistently home and away.

well i make it that he's played in 10 away games this season.

1. what number constitutes a vast majority of 10?

2. which games was he a passenger in?

keeping in mind that we won 5 of those games and drew 3.

we must have been lucky 8 times out of 10 not to lose when we had a passenger in the side.

Drylaw Hearts

well i make it that he's played in 10 away games this season.

1. what number constitutes a vast majority of 10?

2. which games was he a passenger in?

keeping in mind that we won 5 of those games and drew 3.

we must have been lucky 8 times out of 10 not to lose when we had a passenger in the side.

As I said earlier.......

He's played well in 1 or 2 at most.

As I said earlier.......

He's played well in 1 or 2 at most.

we've been really lucky then or the other guys have performed a herculean effort to carry the dead weight of rudi the passenger.

:teehee:

Archived