Rudi Skacel

Drylaw Hearts

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
scott_jambo

Undecided.

He is our top scorer isn't he?

We probably wouldn't be third without him....but then if we had a colin cameron type player maybe we would be even more clear in third.

If he isn't on massive wages then keep him, but he should not be first name on the team sheet like he is just now.

Drylaw Hearts

Undecided.

He is our top scorer isn't he?

We probably wouldn't be third without him....but then if we had a colin cameron type player maybe we would be even more clear in third.

If he isn't on massive wages then keep him, but he should not be first name on the team sheet like he is just now.

His goals have been hugely important but I can't help but think if we added a different type of midfielder and a goal scoring striker we would be better off for next season.

I don't think we should extend his contract.

It's like playing with 10 men.

Bit unfair when he is obviously not 100% fit. Blame JJ for picking him.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Needs managing properly.

Doesnt look fit enough to me to last 90 minutes.

Gigolo-Aunt

I suspect his lack (or minimum) pre season has really started to take its toll, DH.

Another who fall's in to the "good pre season" file - that said, there does seem to be a few who are falling it to that part of things.

Bert Le Clos

I suspect his lack (or minimum) pre season has really started to take its toll, DH.

Another who fall's in to the "good pre season" file - that said, there does seem to be a few who are falling it to that part of things.

This.

He's our top scorer and hasn't played a lot of football in the last couple of seasons. I expect him to be better next year with a full pre-season under his belt.

I agree let's get rid of our top scoring midfield player, jeeso. He's clearly not fit and is managing an injury. Would be ridiculous not to renew his contract. Full rest and pre season will do him the world of good.

Drylaw Hearts

Bit unfair when he is obviously not 100% fit. Blame JJ for picking him.

Needs managing properly.

Doesnt look fit enough to me to last 90 minutes.

I agree he doesn't look fit - his recent injury problem won't have helped his performances either.

I'm just not convinced he has enough left in his tank to give us another season.

scott_jambo

I agree let's get rid of our top scoring midfield player, jeeso. He's clearly not fit and is managing an injury. Would be ridiculous not to renew his contract. Full rest and pre season will do him the world of good.

To be fair, if I travelled up to Inverness I would be raging at Skacel, but from an objective point of view I think he is struggling either with a niggling injury or fitness.

I certainly wouldn't play him away from home, I can't remember him having a good game anywhere apart from Tynecastle.

Gigolo-Aunt

I agree he doesn't look fit - his recent injury problem won't have helped his performances either.

I'm just not convinced he has enough left in his tank to give us another season.

Would imagine that the length of his contract (or clauses) will be the main issue with this, DH.

he is an inspiration to the young lads in the team, lets not be silly of course we should renew his contract, he loves playing for us and is not fully fit, MON RUDI

Would be mad not to give him another year. Playing from midfield scoring 11 league goals, 3 assists, making that about a third of our total goals tally.

More depth and quality in the midfield next season he could be an excellent squad player. One of the best players i have seen play for hearts and watching the quality of his goals this season (Esp hattrick against St. Mirren)shows he's still got it.

siegementality

Good grief!

I think he has done enough to merit a new deal, but at the moment he's a waste of a strip away fom home. If Jefferies can give him a boot up the arse he will be a very valueable player for us next season, providing his deal is extended.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I think we will keep him for another season and I am happy if that turns out to be the case. I think Jim will be delighted with the return he has offered. I too would like another attacking centre-mid though. If we had a younger and fitter cm with a bit more stamina and younger legs, then we would be able to use him more sparingly and not burn him out so much.

I like the guy as a player but it is frustrating when he does not turn up at times, whether that is to do with fitness or injury I am not sure.

Harry Palmer

I think we will keep him for another season and I am happy if that turns out to be the case. I think Jim will be delighted with the return he has offered. I too would like another attacking centre-mid though. If we had a younger and fitter cm with a bit more stamina and younger legs, then we would be able to use him more sparingly and not burn him out so much.

I like the guy as a player but it is frustrating when he does not turn up at times, whether that is to do with fitness or injury I am not sure.

Scott Robinson? :unsure:

Unbelievable chat. He had a bad game yesterday, deal with it. The threat he carries in home games alone is enought to warrant a new deal.

Drylaw Hearts

Unbelievable chat. He had a bad game yesterday, deal with it. The threat he carries in home games alone is enought to warrant a new deal.

He's had a lot of bad games imo.

He is like a man short away from home and I don't think we a good enough to carry that type of player.

Francis Albert

I think the suggestion he has not been fit and needs a pre-season doesn't really wash. He was never exactly a 90 minute player (or if so very very rarely).

Nevertheless a very useful addition to the squad (not an automatic pick to start every game), if he fits the wage structure we need.

davemclaren

He is like a man short away from home and I don't think we a good enough to carry that type of player.

We need to play to his strengths but our lack of depth means he is having to play in positions not really suited to him. He probably is a luxury player but his goals tally justifies his inclusion, particularly at home. I would give him another year as a good pre-season could see him be more consistent and fitter.

Like all players at the end of the season decisions have to be made -- not only down to football but also down to salary issues and the breakthrough of young players as well as what alternatives are available in the market.

Now Rudi has been a good signing this seaon and even his detractors should be able to admit that.

Next season we would need to be sure of his fitness first prior to a commtment to another, no doubt well paid contract -- if he was to be fit then we can look at it as a footballing decision to be made by JJ.

Like the team his standards have slipped partly due to the longrunning injury saga and partly due to the injury situation as a whole within the squad -- we have numbers but not quality especially in a couple of key positions.

Now my view is that he is worth another season if fitness is not a concern but finance and what other players we could miss out on if his salary was freed for other signings need to be taken into account and only Vlad and perhaps JJ know that.

I agree he had had some bad games, but he is a match winner. The man can turn poor performances by the team into 3 points. I don't believe that you would really say no to a contract extension for him. He's the first name on the teamsheet in home games, but perhaps we should use him sparingly away from home.

Drylaw Hearts

I agree he had had some bad games, but he is a match winner. The man can turn poor performances by the team into 3 points. I don't believe that you would really say no to a contract extension for him. He's the first name on the teamsheet in home games, but perhaps we should use him sparingly away from home.

I'd rather see his wage go to a goalscoring CF tbh.

Harry Palmer

He's not on a 5yr deal or anything so it is up to Jim whether he is kept on for another year.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Scott Robinson? :unsure:

If he signs a new contract then I am sure he will play a pivitol role next season. Can't help but feel we need someone with a more complete game than him too though, someone who will pass the ball about well and can operate further back as well as in an acm/cf role. Robinson looks really dangerous in an attacking sense but I have not seen an awfull lot of him to make up my mind about the other qualities needed to be a regular start in central midfield. What's to say that he would not end up offering as little as Skacel in these parts of the role?

This has all been said many times before but we need a complete midfielder come the summer I think.

Drylaw Hearts

He's not on a 5yr deal or anything so it is up to Jim whether he is kept on for another year.

Insightful stuff.

Hartleys_Jam_Tart

I love Rudi as much as the next fan , but I think he is finished . Too many games this season he has been posted missing .

Geoff Kilpatrick

I wonder if DH's opinion would differ had JJ signed him and not Vlad...

Regal Kingston

Clearly you do not attend home matches.

One of the only Hearts players with genuine class.

Drylaw Hearts

Clearly you do not attend home matches.

One of the only Hearts players with genuine class.

Clearly you do not attend away matches.

scottish_chicP

I did say yesterday I didn't notice he was on until he got subbed. I think we should extend his contract though. He is a luxury player but one I would very much like to keep

Harry Palmer

If he signs a new contract then I am sure he will play a pivitol role next season. Can't help but feel we need someone with a more complete game than him too though, someone who will pass the ball about well and can operate further back as well as in an acm/cf role. Robinson looks really dangerous in an attacking sense but I have not seen an awfull lot of him to make up my mind about the other qualities needed to be a regular start in central midfield. What's to say that he would not end up offering as little as Skacel in these parts of the role?

This has all been said many times before but we need a complete midfielder come the summer I think.

His cameo appearance last week told me all I need to know. Get him signed up.

Another 'Holy Grail' attacking midfielder ala Cameron/Hartley is required though.

Seymour M Hersh

Similar to his first time here in that he seems to have gone off the boil in the 2nd half of season. However top scorer (from midfield and when did that last happen) and still has he best basic skill in the squad. I think he would benefit from better midfielders around him. Also, could be excellent for the developing youngsters to learn from. On balance I think I'd offer him another year.

Regal Kingston

Clearly you do not attend away matches.

Ha ha! You've got my number!

He has been outstanding at Tynecastle this season. Probably the most home goals from any player in the SPL and he plays midfield.

He's also scored the first goal on a number of occasions that has relaxed the team.

Under Laszlo you never knew where the goals were coming from - Rudi puts the ball in the onion bag.

You have a point though - Why does he not do the business away from home?

JJ needs to address this.

But to not extend his contract would be a MASSIVE mistake.

portobellojambo1

I agree he isn't fit at the moment, and in many, if not most, games away from Tynecastle he fails to provide the same input he does at Tynecastle. In fact in some away matches you often tend to forget he is on the park so little does he contribute. A hard pre season might help him.

In terms of getting rid of him at the moment, I'd probably say no. I'd prefer to see us get an additional, similar type player in midfield, and possibly, if required, use Skacel a bit more sparingly next season, because when he is good he is very good. Competition for places tends to bring out the best in players, and can only help.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

His cameo appearance last week told me all I need to know. Get him signed up.

Another 'Holy Grail' attacking midfielder ala Cameron/Hartley is required though.

Hmmmm... Been here before with snap judgments based on too few appearances.

"Holy Grail" is required whether Robinson or Skacel are here next season or not I reckon, that would be a top priority for me. I don't think either Robinson or Rudi are ever going to be that much missed player for us, not to say they are not very good or usefull players when doing what they do best themselves though.

Templeton'sUnderpants

Love Rudi as much as the next guy but I don't think the issue is any injury I think he is probably knackered in terms of fitness. Possibly continue to work well as an impact sub but would need to make sure he was on wages reflecting this.

Harry Palmer

Hmmmm... Been here before with snap judgments based on too few appearances.

"Holy Grail" is required whether Robinson or Skacel are here next season or not I reckon, that would be a top priority for me. I don't think either Robinson or Rudi are ever going to be that much missed player for us, not to say they are not very good or usefull players when doing what they do best themselves though.

I know a player when I see one.

As an example, Jason Thomson is mince. Eggert Jonsson is not. :)

Drylaw Hearts

Most of the posts in favour of keeping Rudi seem to see him a bit-part player next season.

Is that really enough ?

Will we have a squad strong enough to carry Rudi ?

Francis Albert

Most of the posts in favour of keeping Rudi seem to see him a bit-part player next season.

Is that really enough ?

Will we have a squad strong enough to carry Rudi ?

If scoring in double figures from midfield is "bit-part", I think we should find some more bit-part players. Unfortunately we will never have any players who are without weaknesses (not for very long certainly). Every player in our squad needs "carrying" to some extent.

ToadKiller Dog

Finished at 32 nonsense , he has done more than enough to deserve another year , our only midfielder who regularly gets in the box ,our only player you expect to score almost every time he shoots ,when we eventually get a centre midfielder who can pick a pass it will help him aswell as our wingers .

Yes a better player in front of his own fans ,maybe he needs to be used differently away from home .

How a player who has scored 11 goals in 25 games be considered as not good enough is beyond me .

There are others who's contracts should be reviewed before his .

Archived