World Snooker Championship 2011

shaun.lawson

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Merse

Didn't get to see the session earlier, was hoping Higgins would close the gap purely for the selfish reason I want to see plenty of snooker tonight!

Would have preferred it to have been 13-12 to Trump.

Massive first frame tonight, Trumps head could go down if he falls to 14-12, even more so if he doesn't convert a chance himself first to win the frame and then loses it.

shaun.lawson

Didn't get to see the session earlier, was hoping Higgins would close the gap purely for the selfish reason I want to see plenty of snooker tonight!

Would have preferred it to have been 13-12 to Trump.

Massive first frame tonight, Trumps head could go down if he falls to 14-12, even more so if he doesn't convert a chance himself first to win the frame and then loses it.

:Agree:

Yes, definitely. I thought his body language changed very much for the worse during the second half-session earlier - but if he can keep his head, accept he'll have a bad session from time to time, and put it behind him, he's still got a great chance. Against Ding, he was appalling in the second session, fell behind... then came out and played the best snooker of his life over the subsequent two sessions. Nothing to say he can't do that again tonight.

I don't like this new format of 17 frames at the end of session 2; 25 at the end of session 3 though. I think it's much better when players go into the final frame of a session knowing they'll be level or two behind; two behind or four behind, etc. So a score of 13-12 going into the last evening of a world final feels wrong to me somehow.

Yours,

A traditionalist. :mellow:

shaun.lawson

Higgins hasn't played anywhere near his best in any of his matches at this years championship, and yet he could be on the verge of winning his 4th title. Goes to show you how tough a match player he is.

Hopefully losing the lead will take the pressure of Trumps shoulders going into tonight.

When Higgins plays badly and merits losing a session 6-2, he gets out of it 4-4.

When Higgins plays well and merits winning a session 6-2, he wins it 6-2.

That's the difference. It's also why players like Jimmy White or Matthew Stevens never won this - because neither could keep their foot on an opponent's throat when it most mattered, or hang in there against the very greatest opponents. You need a B game to win this title; and Higgins' is awesome.

shaun.lawson

:arry:

What a reception for the pair of them.

:omg!:

And that's what happens when you get Barry Hearn, the Muhammad Ali of sports promoters, involved. In less than a year, he's transformed a previously failing sport - and Trump's emergence must be a dream for him. More power to Barry's elbow. :thumbsup:

The Merse

:omg!:

And that's what happens when you get Barry Hearn, the Muhammad Ali of sports promoters, involved. In less than a year, he's transformed a previously failing sport - and Trump's emergence must be a dream for him. More power to Barry's elbow. :thumbsup:

Me and my mate were saying a few months back that we should get Barry Hearn involved in the SPL!

shaun.lawson

Me and my mate were saying a few months back that we should get Barry Hearn involved in the SPL!

:D

The guy could sell ice cream to eskimos. :o

Only Hearn would, right after Davis - who he'd grown up with and treated like his own son - lost to Taylor, immediately sign Dennis up live on Grandstand. And only Hearn could make snooker sexy - but he's doing it.

Imagine that :thumbsup:

"welcome now the master of moaning, the grand daddy of grumbling Jiiiiiiiim Jefferiiiiiies"

Harry Palmer

"welcome now the master of moaning, the grand daddy of grumbling Jiiiiiiiim Jefferiiiiiies"

:rofl:

The Old Tolbooth

That's a cracking shout!!

I really wish these knobs would turn their mobiles off, tossers! :angry:

shaun.lawson

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

"The King of conspiracies, the ginger whinger himself, the man they simply call Radgehead, NEIL LENNON!"

The Merse

Trump still playing really well but had a bad run of the ball.

Hope he doesn't let it get to him, he can still win.

Victorian

run of the ball seems to have kicked the juddernaut in the cobblers today. i can't believe this jammy shite is going to win now.

shaun.lawson

run of the ball seems to have kicked the juddernaut in the cobblers today. i can't believe this jammy shite is going to win now.

What was it Gary Player said? "The harder I practice, the luckier I get".

Sport isn't about adversity: it's about how someone deals with adversity. And Trump needs to find a way of winning frames not just by blasting his opponent off the table. In any case, he's still right in this - and if we get to 14-14 or 15-15, it then becomes a shoot-out.

Victorian

What was it Gary Player said? "The harder I practice, the luckier I get".

Sport isn't about adversity: it's about how someone deals with adversity. And Trump needs to find a way of winning frames not just by blasting his opponent off the table. In any case, he's still right in this - and if we get to 14-14 or 15-15, it then becomes a shoot-out.

almost. he said "the more i practice, the luckier i get".

thankfully trump has stopped the rot. game on.

shaun.lawson

almost. he said "the more i practice, the luckier i get".

thankfully trump has stopped the rot. game on.

Same thing, isn't it?

In 2002, Peter Ebdon watched an 11-6 lead turn into a 12-14 deficit against the seven times Champion: someone who practically owned the Crucible. Crucially, he won the next two frames - and at that point, any idea of either player having the momentum and pulling clear had gone. If this one goes 14-14, it's a flip of a coin after that: tension and the Crucible's magic will see to that IMO. Up to Trump to ensure he levels it up, though.

Victorian

Same thing, isn't it?

In 2002, Peter Ebdon watched an 11-6 lead turn into a 12-14 deficit against the seven times Champion: someone who practically owned the Crucible. Crucially, he won the next two frames - and at that point, any idea of either player having the momentum and pulling clear had gone. If this one goes 14-14, it's a flip of a coin after that: tension and the Crucible's magic will see to that IMO. Up to Trump to ensure he levels it up, though.

not really. :lol:

almost like a top level tennis match, this could easily come down to just a couple of crucial pots (no pots in tennis before the wise asses start).

shaun.lawson

Big frame that.

Come on the Juddernaut.

Massive frame. MASSIVE. 50-50 now, and Trump has the momentum.

I've been watching that pocket over the last few days, and swear quite a few balls have almost jumped out of it. But in this case, they both hit the black simply too hard - and you have to hit it perfectly for it to drop.

Harry Palmer

What sort of name is Judd? Is it short for something?

Victorian

i reckon Mr Dundee United has got a pair of 1983 Jim McLean underpants on for the final session.

lawson's been "watching that pocket" over the last few days. :lol:

The Merse

i reckon Mr Dundee United has got a pair of 1983 Jim McLean underpants on for the final session.

lawson's been "watching that pocket" over the last few days. :lol:

24 hour livestream on the bottom right hand corner pocket.

The Old Tolbooth

Trump is playing some superb stuff tonight, I can't help but feel that Higgins will get another spell at the table though and make it count, he's the master at coming from behind.

Harry Palmer

Who's the dick commentating? Willie Thorne is it?

Victorian

24 hour livestream on the bottom right hand corner pocket.

:Agree: keeping an excel spreadsheet mental note on the shots played to that pocket.

Harry Palmer

Feck the love in for for Donald....

He's the new Ramjet.

shaun.lawson

Has it been officially named 'Seans Pocket' yet?

It's Shaun, not Sean!

I'm gripped with tension watching this: goodness knows what it's like for the players. But on the evidence of that last frame, God wants John Higgins to win this year's Championship. That's what can happen in snooker: Trump woz robbed.

shaun.lawson

Bottom right pocket strikes again!

Commentator's eye... :goofy:

The Merse

Feck the love in for for Donald....

He's the new Ramjet.

You really are a hateful dick.

:lol:

Archived