Barcelona v Arsenal

The Merse

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cardiac Rucksack

I hope Arsenal win tonight.

I am becoming a little fed up with Barcelona's superior attitude.

Yes, they are good. They are very good. But this myth they seem to be perpetuating (Xavi in particular) that anyone who doesn't play the Barcelona way, and for what it's worth it's the Ajax way, is anti-football has become tiring.

There is more than one way to win a football game.

M?s que un club my arse.

A million times this. The fawning over this Barca side is embarrassing at times.

The Old Tolbooth

Arsenal are stifling them well, but I'm really impressed by the work rate of both sides, both are really grafting for this.

Arsenal are stifling them well, but I'm really impressed by the work rate of both sides, both are really grafting for this.

What happened to attacking Arse? If even there was a 1-0 Barca this is it. Put your bawbees on that...

Cardiac Rucksack

What is Fabregas doing there? Cant give the dwarf two chances like that.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Van Persie is a ******* idiot

Aye, but he was grabbed by the throat twice.

Cardiac Rucksack

Davie Weir style.

Chris Benoit

missed that went for a piss and came back to see Percy shove Alves in the face

Cracking goal all round.

The ball through from Iniesta was perfect and that wee flick by Messi was superb.

The Old Tolbooth

Arsenal could pay the price for trying to sit so deep in the first half as now they need to come out and huge gaps could easily be exploited, this could be a very interesting second half :)

Jeremy Goss

Fabregas helping out his buddies.....

Messi coming into game more now I can see a hat-trick - unbelievable composure for the goal.

Cesc should know better than to try and be a smartarse when facing the best team in the world.

What a prick.

Chris Benoit

Shakhtar beating Roma 1-0 (Agg:4-2)

Good, always had a thing about Roma, never liked them. Could be linked to my irrational hatred of Totti :huh:

Gigolo-Aunt

Shakhtar beating Roma 1-0 (Agg:4-2)

Roma missed a penalty and have been reduced to 10 men as well.

The Barca games is boring as ****.

Really hope someone nuts Alves in the face - for some reason he makes me sick. Despise the rat faced ****.

Good, always had a thing about Roma, never liked them. Could be linked to my irrational hatred of Totti :huh:

Always disliked him too.

Although this was good...

Gigolo-Aunt

Always disliked him too.

Although this was good...

laugh.gif

Totti had obviously been after him for a while - he has never been that far back the pitch in his life.

Thats a beezer of a kick - OOOOOOOFT!

Francis Albert

Arsenal could pay the price for trying to sit so deep in the first half as now they need to come out and huge gaps could easily be exploited, this could be a very interesting second half :)

I don't think they have been sitting deep - in fact they have mostly (Fabregas's bombscare moment excepted) looked exposed, and then not too often, when holding a pretty high line . They have conceded too much possession in midfield and not offered anything up front , but that's a different thing - they have generally been chasing and defending pretty high upfield.

Incidentally I don't think I have heard such a neutral, bordering on Barca-fan like, commentary on an English team against foreign opposition.

Adi Dassler

If ever there was a bell-end who needed a scheme booting it's Balotelli.

No Totti No Party.

Jaap's Sigh

I don't think they have been sitting deep - in fact they have mostly (Fabregas's bombscare moment excepted) looked exposed, and then not too often, when holding a pretty high line . They have conceded too much possession in midfield and not offered anything up front , but that's a different thing - they have generally been chasing and defending pretty high upfield.

Incidentally I don't think I have heard such a neutral, bordering on Barca-fan like, commentary on an English team against foreign opposition.

I think they're not wanting to highlight the poorness (sic) of arsenal and just keep banging on about barca instead.

shocker of a decision i thought

It's always been a shitey rule. Just add more time on!

Cardiac Rucksack

Some of the arsenal passes should have blue lights on them.

Archived