Barcelona v Arsenal

The Merse

Can't wait for this tonight. Should be a cracker.

Having watched a lot of Barcelona over the last couple of years, I have to say their recent play is nowhere near their usual level. Misfiring quite badly if truth be told.

If they are at their best they will hump Arsenal, but they aren't at their best so who knows...

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Barca's defence is possibly going to be all of the place as well Eck.

I think Barca will go through but I can see Arsenal scoring.

Just heard on the radio that during the last 4 games between these two teams, the team who have scored first have lost.

Tough one to call I'd say.

Should be a lot more open than usual, SSN says Barcelona having to play Busquetes and Abidal at centre half.

Still think Barcelona will just have a little to much for Arsenal.

Ryan Gosling

Should be a lot more open than usual, SSN says Barcelona having to play Busquetes and Abidal at centre half.

Still think Barcelona will just have a little to much for Arsenal.

A defence of Alves, Busquets, Abidal and Maxwell is still more than good enough. It just means Mascherano or Keita (a painfully underrated player, btw) will play with Xavi and Iniesta. Also, Iniesta, Villa and Abidal were all rested for tonight's game on Saturday.

Barcelona to win 4-1.

A defence of Alves, Busquets, Abidal and Maxwell is still more than good enough. It just means Mascherano or Keita (a painfully underrated player, btw) will play with Xavi and Iniesta. Also, Iniesta, Villa and Abidal were all rested for tonight's game on Saturday.

Barcelona to win 4-1.

You'd be as well not quoting Alves as part of the defence given how much time he spends up the other end of the pitch.

Of the remaining 3 it's two full backs and a midfielder...

Certainly not ideal.

Busquets missing from the midfield is a big loss too as he allows Xavi and Iniesta to roam, but can also play a bit too.

I think Barca will win but from what I've seen of them recently, it's no certainty.

You'd be as well not quoting Alves as part of the defence given how much time he spends up the other end of the pitch.

Certainly not ideal.

Busquets missing from the midfield is a big loss too as he allows Xavi and Iniesta to roam, but can also play a bit too.

I think Barca will win but from what I've seen of them recently, it's no certainty.

I think they'll click together tonight.

They kind of have to.

Home advantage in the champions league at this stage is a huge factor as well.

Certainly not ideal.

abidals preferred position is CB but he plays LB due to usually having puyol and pique at CB. It says a lot about what guardiola thinks about milito an actual CB but would rather play busquets at CB instead of him.

I think they'll click together tonight.

They kind of have to.

Home advantage in the champions league at this stage is a huge factor as well.

saw their stats on SSN yesterday about their home record in CL and la liga this season it was IIRC

played 17 won 15 lost 1 drew 1 (both draw and defeat was in la liga) for 46 against 9. Either way those stats are formidable and i think the have won their last two games 1-0 which would be enough to progress to the next round

abidals preferred position is CB but he plays LB due to usually having puyol and pique at CB. It says a lot about what guardiola thinks about milito an actual CB but would rather play busquets at CB instead of him.

Knew Abidal could play CB, didn't realise it was his preferred position though.

Don't blame Pep for ignoring Milito, he's played him a couple of times while Puyol has been out and he's been garbage.

saw their stats on SSN yesterday about their home record in CL and la liga this season it was IIRC

played 17 won 15 lost 1 drew 1 (both draw and defeat was in la liga) for 46 against 9. Either way those stats are formidable and i think the have won their last two games 1-0 which would be enough to progress to the next round

Arsenal getting through this round would be as much as a shock as Brum City winning the league cup last year.

Unlikely but certainly possible.

If Messi, Iniesta and Villa play well, they should blow Arsenal away.

Sexton Hardcastle

If Barca score early the ties over. Cant see Arsenal not conceeding more than one if they have to chase the game.

If Arsenal can defend well for the first half and try and break they might have a chance. 9-1 isnt a chabby price considering.

rossthejambo

Should be a cracking game, think Barca will prevail though, even with a makeshift defence.

They've just got too much offensively for the Arsenal defence to handle IMO.

Ryan Gosling

Certainly not ideal.

Busquets played centre-half at Mallorca (I'm sure it was, it was recent anyway). He spent the entire game in midfield and Barca won 3-0.

:lol:

Barcelona are becoming increasingly dependent on Messi. He is coming deeper and deeper as a result and is left with 6 players to beat whereas at their best a few months ago he was further up the pitch and had 2-3 to beat to get shots in. How he plays will be crucial tonight - he could have scored 3 in the last game.

Sexton Hardcastle

I've stuck ?30 on arsenal at 8/1 on William Hill. :thumbsup:

I believe!!!

Just saying to a mate, id rather risk 5 quid on arsenal to win the same by lumping 200 notes on barca.

Good luck with it.

I've stuck ?30 on arsenal at 8/1 on William Hill. :thumbsup:

I believe!!!

Good luck with that, But TBH, I hope you lose your money mate. I hate Ershole Wenger and his shower. Hopefully it will be a Tanking tonight, Barca 3-0 would be good.

Another trophyless season for the Moaning Faced French **** I hope :thumbsup:

Arsenal getting through this round would be as much as a shock as Brum City winning the league cup last year.

Unlikely but certainly possible.

If Messi, Iniesta and Villa play well, they should blow Arsenal away.

Last year? That's been a quick one!

ooooops. :lol:

Last week I meant. Working night shifts does a brother's brain in. ;)

I work nights and seem to be fine.

I work nights and seem to be fine.

That's a matter of opinion... :woot:

I only work 3 or 4 nights a month and it's hard going from days to nights and back again in the same week. Well I find it hard any way.

That's a matter of opinion... :woot:

I only work 3 or 4 nights a month and it's hard going from days to nights and back again in the same week. Well I find it hard any way.

Yeah................ :thumbsup:

I do constant nights, I'm used to it now.

The Old Tolbooth

I have a feeling this could be a classic with a scoreline of 4-2 to Barcelona or something along those lines, I've nothing against Arsenal really but I hope Barcelona go through and face manure in the next round (presuming they beat Marseille) because it could be quite funny watching them up against the likes of Carrick and co :D

Yeah................ :thumbsup:

I do constant nights, I'm used to it now.

I find it hard as hell mate.

The next day I feel like a zombie.

I do kind of like it but dealing with the drunks, junkies and jakeys can become tiresome.

Read today that people saying Arsenal will be ok if Koscielny keeps Messi quiet - I'm not saying he was great, but let's not forget he missed 2 sitters(I'm not talking good chances, I mean absolute sitters!) & Barca could've been out of sight

For me, & I hope this is the case, Barca @ home against a team willing to have a go & not sit in = heavy win for them. Arsenal haven't improved defensively enough to change my thoughts

I'm just hoping for a cracking game and one that lives up to the hype.

Barca know exactly what they need to do. Let's see if they're up to it. (I suspect they are)

Barca are huge favourites to go through.

They have the away goal and a scrappy 1-0 would do them fine tonight.

The pressure is all on Arsenal, so that means they'll implode as usual. (see last sunday)

Chad Sexington

You have to fancy Barca...but I cant get rid of a wee niggling feeling that Arsenal will get a score draw tonight. :ninja:

Is the game on sky or can poor people like me watch on pauper vision?

You'll have to visit your local Dixons and watch it through the window or go to the pub.

barca to score 2-3 goals 11/10. tempting.

coupled correct scores (barca 2-0 / 3-0) 11/4. tempting.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

barca to score 2-3 goals 11/10. tempting.

coupled correct scores (barca 2-0 / 3-0) 11/4. tempting.

Do it !

Do it !

Put your cardboard box on it.

The 1st leg was one of the finest games I have had the pleasure of watching, more of the same and i will be a happy chappy. thumbsup.gif

Do it !

Do it !

Put your cardboard box on it.

i have just lumped on 2-3 goals at 11/10.

you may have a pint of low alcohol lager from the winnings.

Hinted earlier that I didn't think this was a foregone conclusion. Well I'm going to stick mr neck on the line and predict Arsenal will qualify.

Hinted earlier that I didn't think this was a foregone conclusion. Well I'm going to stick mr neck on the line and predict Arsenal will qualify.

merse.gif

Adi Dassler

I hope Arsenal win tonight.

I am becoming a little fed up with Barcelona's superior attitude.

Yes, they are good. They are very good. But this myth they seem to be perpetuating (Xavi in particular) that anyone who doesn't play the Barcelona way, and for what it's worth it's the Ajax way, is anti-football has become tiring.

There is more than one way to win a football game.

M?s que un club my arse.

Just seen that Rosicky is starting.

I withdraw my statement.

Link that doesn't freeze every five seconds please. Can't be hooped going to the pub.

Chris Benoit

Link that doesn't freeze every five seconds please. Can't be hooped going to the pub.

likewise, the wife has claimed the telly and even I can't bring myself to slap down a pregnant burd

Archived