Barcelona v Arsenal

The Merse

Chad Sexington

I blame Rosicky.

:unsure:

:D

They were shown up today though, Champ. :o

It was like watching Scotland against a really top international side. They just could't hold on to the ball.

The gap in quality was massive.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any pure footballing fan who can not appreciate how Barca play football don't know jack shit.

Not IMO that is FACT.

Barca just pure footballing brilliance.

:bravo:

They are without doubt the best side I have ever seen.

It was like watching Scotland against a really top international side. They just could't hold on to the ball.

No denying that, they were completely outclassed.

Very doubtful whether they'd have held out with 11 on the park, but we'll never know.

Say What Again

The Danish Clum

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Outstanding!!!!

My mate (who seldom posts but frequently reads JKB) rates both Elliot and Bedtner. I really hope he reads this - and if he doesn't, I shall be mentioning it to him.

Repeatedly.

:thumbsup:

Guest Dr. Pepper

Sick of Barca, never liked them.

I see the I-ties were up to their usual dirty tricks tonight as well :vrface:

The Old Tolbooth

No English side could live with Barca, I really hope they get manure next, that is if manure scrape past Marseille in another bore fest :rolleyes:

I tend not to get too interested in or worked up about English clubs, but I'm delighted that this arsehole club and their even bigger arsehole manager have been shown the door by a far superior footballing side.

I do wish you'd stop holding back. I just get this sneaky suspicion you don't like arsenal very much.

shaun.lawson

I tend not to get too interested in or worked up about English clubs, but I'm delighted that this arsehole club and their even bigger arsehole manager have been shown the door by a far superior footballing side.

Would that be the same 'arsehole club' who routinely play brilliant football, don't spend silly money on players, and were bloody close to going through against the best club side seen in Europe in at least two decades?

And would that be the same 'arsehole manager' whose methods and intelligence dragged English football out of the dark ages, and has tonight spoken extremely well about a scandalous sending off? Despite his intense disappointment, said 'arsehole manager' is still talking to the media - unlike his most famous contemporary, who's even stopped talking to his own club TV station!

But no-one says anything about that. Alex Ferguson = good guy; Arsene Wenger = arsehole, apparently. :mellow:

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Sick of Barca, never liked them.

I see the I-ties were up to their usual dirty tricks tonight as well :vrface:

Sick of watching the best team in a decade play football?

Strange.

Would that be the same 'arsehole club' who routinely play brilliant football, don't spend silly money on players, and were bloody close to going through against the best club side seen in Europe in at least two decades?

And would that be the same 'arsehole manager' whose methods and intelligence dragged English football out of the dark ages, and has tonight spoken extremely well about a scandalous sending off? Despite his intense disappointment, said 'arsehole manager' is still talking to the media - unlike his most famous contemporary, who's even stopped talking to his own club TV station!

But no-one says anything about that. Alex Ferguson = good guy; Arsene Wenger = arsehole, apparently. :mellow:

People do say things though. It's been all over SSN for the last few days that fergie is in the huff.

shaun.lawson

People do say things though. It's been all over SSN for the last few days that fergie is in the huff.

Wenger's routinely referred to on here as the worst loser in the game - most often by Man Utd fans. :rofl:

But in any case: all those who think Wenger's a bad loser would of course congratulate any team that beats Hearts, and never complain about refereeing decisions against us, wouldn't they? :rolleyes:

Say What Again

Yet somehow, this is how I picture it being read in few places

128808131164418578.jpg

Wenger's routinely referred to on here as the worst loser in the game - most often by Man Utd fans. :rofl:

But in any case: all those who think Wenger's a bad loser would of course congratulate any team that beats Hearts, and never complain about refereeing decisions against us, wouldn't they? :rolleyes:

I have no particular loyalty to either club and think fergie is currently behaving like a big baby. Wenger, I find just unlikeable somehow. Never bothered to work out why I don't like him I just don't.

colinmaroon

I have no particular loyalty to either club and think fergie is currently behaving like a big baby. Wenger, I find just unlikeable somehow. Never bothered to work out why I don't like him I just don't.

Arsenal fans love him!

Most other fans don't!

Sounds like the relationship we have with certain players - Drew Busby, for example.

Guest Dr. Pepper

Sick of watching the best team in a decade play football?

Strange.

:orly?:

I dont like them so dont enjoy watching them

shaun.lawson

I think it's because he's cold and detached. It's so hard for football fans to warm to that: he just doesn't seem like one of us.

And as the Fiver put it yesterday, whereas other managers stalk the touchline yelling "hit the runner!" or "get rid!", Wenger's whole demeanour is like that of a maths professor. x + y = x [a-b] or 73% or Bendtner < x where x = Nasri - (Chamakh + Walcott + Arshavin).

Well, something like that.

I think it's because he's cold and detached. It's so hard for football fans to warm to that: he just doesn't seem like one of us.

And as the Fiver put it yesterday, whereas other managers stalk the touchline yelling "hit the runner!" or "get rid!", Wenger's whole demeanour is like that of a maths professor. x + y = x (a-B)) or 73% or Bendtner < x where x = Nasri - (Chamakh + Walcott + Arshavin).

Well, something like that.

Take bendtner out of that equation and you may be onto something there, Shaun :whistling:

Barca played them off the pitch for the whole game tonight! Dominated them & looked like they were gonna care them wide open!!

As for Arsenal moaning, let's not forget the legitimate goal ruled out in the first leg & the stonewall pen tonight which wasn't given!

Gavsy Van Gaverson

:orly?:

I dont like them so dont enjoy watching them

Simple. Dont watch them then ;-)

Arsenal fans love him!

Most other fans don't!

Sounds like the relationship we have with certain players - Drew Busby, for example.

Wouldn't be so sure about that.

Cardiac Rucksack

Barca can be a right dirty side at times. The post match sky jack off session was realy quite boak inducing.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Arsenal were pathetic tonight.

I appreciate it is hard to play against such a great team but Arsehole manager got his tactics all wrong.

Frabgregas back heeling the ball for the first goal as well. :vrface: AS GOOD AS INIESTA.

When i say dirty i mean niggly.

I think we all realised you didn't mean dirty as in dirty in bed or don't wash.

Francis Albert

I am struggling to remember when Scotand went within one goal of knocking the best team in the world out of a major competition.(and with ten men).

Tthe Kirin Cup doesn't count.

I am struggling to remember when Scotand went within one goal of knocking the best team in the world out of a major competition.(and with ten men).

We lost to the best team in the world 3-2 a few months ago, old chap.

Chad Sexington

Howabout our game against World champions Italy at Hampden a couple of years ago? (fair enough we had 11 men )

I'll let you see yourself out. :thumbsup:

Guest John Meurig Thomas

Howabout our game against World champions Italy at Hampden a couple of years ago? (fair enough we had 11 men )

laugh.gifcool.gif

The Old Tolbooth

This man speaks the truth :thumbsup:

Yet somehow, this is how I picture it being read in few places

128808131164418578.jpg

:rofl:

Liking it!! :D

2hqcutt.gif

We'd have knocked them out if we'd won then?

An incredibly specific question, tbh. You don't prove anything by asking silly questions.

Francis Albert

An incredibly specific question, tbh. You don't prove anything by asking silly questions.

Honest question. The answer is yes then.

Thanks.

Thanks.

:seething:

Plastic Gooner alert. :lol:

See the wonderful Chad Sexington's post for an answer to your silly question.

Chad Sexington

Thanks.

Pro tip: Do not go on football forums acting Billy Big Baws when ignorant of basic facts. :thumbsup:

Francis Albert

Seen it thanks.

I am truly mortified, prostrate myself in shame, and will never post again.

The Old Tolbooth

Barca can be a right dirty side at times. The post match sky jack off session was realy quite boak inducing.

Dirty as in knowing when to mix it when they need to? I think you'll find most sides can be dirty, but they don't all have the attributes of Barca.

What I mean by that is that you could take a team like Man City for example who are full of cracking players, but they don't work together as a team, but instead are full of individuals who are Billy big shots.

Barca are full of individuals who all work extremely hard for each other and play like a proper team should, they literally have it all! They do what they need to do to get through games, and they have a lot of skill on show to get there (and so they should really with the money on show). My main point is that there seems to be a different mentality in Barca than what there is anywhere in England, whereby they seem to appreciate who they're playing for and appear to enjoy doing so, and not just for the money. Man City & Chelsea players etc give me the impression that all they care about is the cash on offer at times, and not what success means to the club they're playing for which is why they will never conquer Europe.

The match tonight as a contest was embarrassing, Barca were so far in front of Arsenal that had it been a boxing match it would have been stopped in round 2!

Tommy Wiseau

Worrying development tbh.

Is this the mark of Partridge stopping flicking his cyber mane and re-inserting his tongue into Sexington's rear? :(

Seen it thanks.

I am truly mortified, prostrate myself in shame, and will never post again.

INCANDESCENT WITH RAGE.

:yas:

Chad Sexington

Worrying development tbh.

Is this the mark of Partridge stopping flicking his cyber mane and re-inserting his tongue into Sexington's rear? :(

:lol:

He's out.

Pick up your loose change. Here comes the jail bird.

porridge_rex_131422s.jpg

Didn't see it thank ****, what's the point in watching a foregone conclusion when you know in advance that the ref will favour the richer team who due to being richer don't need any favours anyway - but get them all the same?

The Spanish league and the CL are both a travesty, all about the Benjamins, nothing to do with sport at all. Just like the SPL really.

Barcelona missed or passed up at least 20 great chances over the 2 legs.

Arsenal hardly had any chances and 2 of their 3 goals were basically Barcelona throwing it into their own net. They could have few complaints if they had been beaten about 10-1 over the 2 legs.

Hopeless referee though. Clear penalty for Barcelona when Messi was tripped and farcical sending off of Van Persie. However, Van Persie should earlier have been booked twice (he didn't get booked for going over the top on Messi). So justice done really.

Didn't see it thank ****, what's the point in watching a foregone conclusion when you know in advance that the ref will favour the richer team who due to being richer don't need any favours anyway - but get them all the same?

The Spanish league and the CL are both a travesty, all about the Benjamins, nothing to do with sport at all. Just like the SPL really.

I trust you skip Hearts v Old Firm games then?

The only reason it was a foregone conclusion last night is because Bacelona are superior to Arsenal in every department.

Yes Van Persie's red was very harsh, but what about the stick on penalty that Barca should have had? What about their completely legitimate goal they had chopped off in the first leg?

Jeremy Goss

Van Persie's red was very harsh bu Arsenal could have played with 12 men last night and still got beat - Barca are that good. Can't understand people who don't appreciate the football on show from Barca, it's the way the game should be played.

Ronaldo fan boy is :seething:

rossthejambo

The red card was extremely harsh IMO, but I doubt it made a difference anyway. Barcelona were incredible last night both offensively and defensively (apart from the shambles of a goal) always chasing down players and always having players free for passes.

It was a footballing lesson for the gooners last night. I don't think there will be many teams stopping them this season.

I thought Real would win the Champions League this season but I'm taking it all back, if Barca play like that in the rest of their games then they'll win it easy.

Barca were superior in every department. No complaints. Interesting to see how chelski or ManUre will fare against them if they meet later in the competiton. (I suspect shite!)

Maybe next season arsenal could not draw barca, or possibly even WIN the carling cup!! :lol::lol:

Archived