Kickback (merged)

vladisgod

mullen 13,

so let me get this 100% right. you actually went up to 2 kickback members in a pub asked them about a recent game and they said they didn`t go to games but had 1000 posts each?

this honestly happened?

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mullen 13,

so let me get this 100% right. you actually went up to 2 kickback members in a pub asked them about a recent game and they said they didn`t go to games but had 1000 posts each?

this honestly happened?

only in fantasy hobo ***** bumder land.

Johanes de Silentio

Seems like in this joint some folk seem to think they own it.

Last night I was told to go inject myself because they thought I was a hibs fan.

Put my opinion across that I thought it was fishy how Bouzid wasn't in the first 11 at ibrox, got told I was spouting utter shite.

Really puts me of using this place. Shame, I'm a diehard jambo aswell.

That's just how it is, bud - I got called a Hobo on my very first post - by Juve, IIRC?

There's a thread on Pie & Bovril called "Who the hell are all these new Jambos - they're an effing nightmare!" - a fair few of our top boys have registered on P & B, and are causing mayhem over there! :lol:

Snake Plissken

mullen 13,

this honestly happened?

I don't think we'll get an answer to this one.

This exchange was kickback in microcosm - someone posts pish and gets slaughtered for it.

So it was, so it is and so it will be forever more.

Guest GhostHunter

Last night I was told to go inject myself because they thought I was a hibs fan.

Put my opinion across that I thought it was fishy how Bouzid wasn't in the first 11 at ibrox, got told I was spouting utter shite.

I do own it.

Your point ?

haha because I have met a couple of them you can spy them in a pub a mile off! All they talk about is kickback so when you actually ask them about the game they go "er um well I don't really go but I have x1000 posts on KB!" I'm not saying this is the majority. I don't have a problem with this forum clearly as I am on it now! Just think it shouldnt be a badge of honour just as how many games you go to shouldn't. I realise many people can't get to the games.

This didn't happen.

Many are put off by the same small number of folk who seem to think they are the unnoficial moderators of the site.

It is still the best one-stop-shop for Hearts news though.

Correct.

Fortunately it's fairly easy to zone out these mostly unfunny, self-appointed "top boys". :thumbsup:

mullen 13,

this honestly happened?

No john I'll be having a pint and get talkin to random folk as you do and you discover they are a jambo. They will say something like "Do you go on kickback?" and I will say "Yes but don't post that much" They will harp on about a Webster/Hartley/Skacel superthread or even quote the names of posters on here (I heard the names seanlawson, pickard and some breezey bloke and even more worryingly Sirgay sp??, who I now know is actually a poster on Hibs.net!) I try and change the subject to something like "did you see the tackle at the game?" and they will be clueless. Conversation ends and I walk away. Nothing against these type of fans just don't bring it up in a pub im sure you will agree john! Since you asked believe it or not I found one of these fans in Robbos.

This didn't happen.

it still makes me laugh every time i read it. just such a whopper of a lie. a real fishermans tale conjures up pictures of two nerdy kickbackers with thick rimmed specs sitting in a corner of the tynie arms with half pints of cider chatting about how many vlads they have while the real hearts supporters talk about proper football stuff all around them.

Napoleon  Wilson

There are better potential posters who contribut rarely or just read the forum. Many are put off by the same small number of folk who seem to think they are the unnoficial moderators of the site.

Yup there are some massive egos flying around kickback alright, but i suppose its only an internet forum and shouldnt take it too seriously. However i must remember NEVER to go on kickback for at least 3 days after a defeat. Absolute shite threads and nonsense being spouted is cringe worthy.

I find the whole "self-analysing Kickback" cringeworthy as feck.

It's just a footy forum, if you don't like what I have to say, let me know and we can chat about. Vice-Versa.

it still makes me laugh every time i read it. just such a whopper of a lie. a real fishermans tale conjures up pictures of two nerdy kickbackers with thick rimmed specs sitting in a corner of the tynie arms with half pints of cider chatting about how many vlads they have while the real hearts supporters talk about proper football stuff all around them.

Accusing me of making up a story for the benifit of who exactly??

There are better potential posters who contribut rarely or just read the forum. Many are put off by the same small number of folk who seem to think they are the unnoficial moderators of the site.

correct , put a gold star in your jotter , well done

No john I'll be having a pint and get talkin to random folk as you do and you discover they are a jambo. They will say something like "Do you go on kickback?" and I will say "Yes but don't post that much" They will harp on about a Webster/Hartley/Skacel superthread or even quote the names of posters on here (I heard the names seanlawson, pickard and some breezey bloke and even more worryingly Sirgay sp??, who I now know is actually a poster on Hibs.net!) I try and change the subject to something like "did you see the tackle at the game?" and they will be clueless. Conversation ends and I walk away. Nothing against these type of fans just don't bring it up in a pub im sure you will agree john! Since you asked believe it or not I found one of these fans in Robbos.

Interesting, it wouldn't have been pre or post-match was it?

incredible. two of the guys i sometimes go to games with are also members on here and apart from them occasionally saying something like "you're never off that kickback forum you sad ****" it is basically never discussed.

i don`t really go to pubs now but when i am in them and chatting to fellow jambos i don`t think kickback has ever been mentioned ever but fair enough, i didn`t believe you at first but if that`s what happened ok.

It's just a footy forum, if you don't like what I have to say, let me know and we can chat about. Vice-Versa.

correct.

kickback has a certain 'dynamic' to it. you either 'get it' or you don't.

joyless mugs tend not to. these are the sorts that bump their gums about it.

we could do with a joyless mug sub-forum for talking about 'that tackle at the game'.

But... I'm quite sure good Jambos out there will be put off from posting because of the attitudes of some. Sure, this place is only a messageboard - but we're all on here because we love talking about Hearts, yet it can be very rough at times. Sometimes, the aforementioned 'top boys' can be extremely funny; at others, they can be a gigantic pain in the backside.

Occasionally, I've had the sense that what's being argued on a thread isn't what those put off from posting will be thinking at all. Teenwolf referred to the 'law of the jungle' earlier: true, but is there any need for it?

it just seemed so very unlikely but i wrote that before you responded. (see my most recent reply) so sorry about that.

out of interest which pub was it?

Don't take the bait man, fighting a losing battle

kickback has cliques.

kickback has noobs.

noobs often post shit/stuff that break unofficial rules.

everyone pulls noobs up for this.

cliques congratulate themselves for crushing the spirit of noobs and revel in destroying their ignorance, which is like a delicate exotic fruit; touch it and the bloom is gone.

The curious thing is that JKB is no different from anywhere else. In fact, considering the utterly pathetic lives of many users of internet forums, this place is actually quite tame. My advise to any noobs would be to ghsot the forum for a month of two to get a feel for the place and to discover who the biggest arseholes are.

incredible. two of the guys i sometimes go to games with are also members on here and apart from them occasionally saying something like "you're never off that kickback forum you sad ****" it is basically never discussed.

i don`t really go to pubs now but when i am in them and chatting to fellow jambos i don`t think kickback has ever been mentioned ever but fair enough, i didn`t believe you at first but if that`s what happened ok.

Its OK John I forgive you like Romanov and Webster. Just can't believe everybody thinks its so unbelievable. It's happened, I cringed and walked away. Thought other people would have heard something like this happenin! As for the lad talking about me spouting pi$h and getting slaughtered get a life mate.

anyone who calls a hobo a 'hibby' or a 'hibee' is a hobo. fact.

aye. Personally I find the soubriquet Hobo to be lowest common denominator witless nonsense which I've never actually heard uttered in real life, but maybe that's just me and I am indeed a Hibby. Sorry, Hobo.

I love how shite posters always complain about the imaginary clique.

If you post pish, you get savaged.

It's the law of the jungle.

exhibit A

Johanes de Silentio

In other news, some of my posts were removed during the night - I'm pretty sure I didn't post anything iffy - did I miss anything?

Oi Mullen, at what point did they say "um I dont really go" then proceed to show off about how many posts they have on Kickback.

Answer me immediately please.

Thanks in advance.

Napoleon  Wilson

kickback has cliques.

kickback has noobs.

cliques congratulate themselves for crushing the spirit of noobs and revel in destroying their ignorance, which is like a delicate exotic fruit; touch it and the bloom is gone.

The curious thing is that JKB is no different from anywhere else. In fact, considering the utterly pathetic lives of many users of internet forums, this place is actually quite tame. My advise to any noobs would be to ghsot the forum for a month of two to get a feel for the place and to discover who the biggest arseholes are.

:rofl:

:greatpost:

Oi Mullen, at what point did they say "um I dont really go" then proceed to show off about how many posts they have on Kickback.

Thanks in advance.

Ha ha alright Scott Im not gonna bite. Look back at my previous post im goin in circles

Occasionally, I've had the sense that what's being argued on a thread isn't what those put off from posting will be thinking at all. Teenwolf referred to the 'law of the jungle' earlier: true, but is there any need for it?

Don't you get sick of people saying that Wallace should be a centre half or a midfielder, people saying Bouzid is a traitor to Hearts, people saying that 4-4-2 is the only way to ever play football, and people whimpering about how their "traditional views" are brutally oppressed by political correctness? Proliferation of ignorant shite does not improve Kickback.

southside1874

What did your teacher say about it??? :blink:

Thanks in advance.

it's more likely to have happened prior to a hibs game with two undercover hobos bragging about how many posts they have 'over there' (here).

i believe that mullet13 is getting mixed up between the hearts and hibs games he goes to.

this is what has happened IMO.

Don't you get sick of people saying that Wallace should be a centre half or a midfielder, people saying Bouzid is a traitor to Hearts, people saying that 4-4-2 is the only way to ever play football, and people whimpering about how their "traditional views" are brutally oppressed by political correctness? Proliferation of ignorant shite does not improve Kickback.

:yas:

More like 'Lord Of The Flies' with quite a few piggies.

Ah, but that's not what I meant at all. I mean the way a view often prevails on here not because it's accurate, but because those expressing it either act in cliques or behave like twats. It's the online equivalent of those with the biggest mouths winning an argument in the pub.

What spanky said earlier was true, though. This place has its own dynamic, and you either get it or you don't. 2NaFish's post was pretty bloody funny too. :thumbsup:

Ha ha alright Scott Im not gonna bite. Look back at my previous post im goin in circles

I checked some previous posts but they didn't answer my question.

Can you qualify your original statement that you walked up to 2 people who go on kickback in the pub and they said to you "Um, I dont go to games but I have a lot of posts on kickback"

Cheers.

Posters with the largest post count will probably have the shortest.........................

Ahem - record of attendance at tynie!! B)

Why did you not respond to post #24? Too me a while to think of that...

:lol:

I didn't even notice it. Far too subtle for me.

The People's Chimp

kickback has cliques.

kickback has noobs.

Indeed. People with concerns should check out the nick of some other forums around the interwebs.

I checked some previous posts but they didn't answer my question.

Can you qualify your original statement that you walked up to 2 people who go on kickback in the pub and they said to you "Um, I dont go to games but I have a lot of posts on kickback"

Cheers.

You want clarification ? What like CCTV footage, voice recordings, eye-witness accounts?

You want clarification ? What like CCTV footage, voice recordings, eye-witness accounts?

So you are still standing by your assertion that this conversation took place??

I want to know as I need to decide whether to put you in the "kickbackers who talk bull and lie to get a point across" column. Hence, unfortunately, I will have to harass you for the rest of your kickback stay.

Last chance to redeem yourself.

Thanks

So you are still standing by your assertion that this conversation took place??

I want to know as I need to decide whether to put you in the "kickbackers who talk bull and lie to get a point across" column. Hence, unfortunately, I will have to harass you for the rest of your kickback stay.

Last chance to redeem yourself.

Thanks

I need to know if your on the wind-up! If not then I swear Skacels left peg. Even though I shouldnt have to because somebody on the interweb is accusing me of being a ****-stirrer.

If anyone wants a fight, I'll be standing underneath the Slateford aquaduct tonight at 11.44pm shouting for a fictional collie called Princess.

Paulie Walnut

Put my opinion across that I thought it was fishy how Bouzid wasn't in the first 11 at ibrox, got told I was spoutin

utter shite.

I feel your pain there sure are a lot of self proclaimed kickback police on here who seem to spend many an hour masturbating over their kickback self importance

Archived