The Your not Welcome Andy Thread

the windae cleaner

I hate Webster, he will be keeping that Premiership standard centre half Bouzid out of the team :whistling:

Get real guys he never hid the fact he wanted to sign for Der Hun, so what. So if I want to earn more money and work for someone else, I'd do the same thing.

If he plays at all. Ask his boyhood heroes what they think of him.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

End of the day, did Rudi not want to leave?

He seems to have been forgiven ;)

In terms of footballing ability = :D

Webster is a top defender, and always seemed to stroll through games last season when he was at Dundee Utd.

Nobody is criticising him for wanting to leave.

bigsuperslim1874

If vlad can forgive and he lost the most then surely we can too

Surely this comment sums it up? Vlad - one of the most stubborn people in football - could see it made sense so why all the people so intent on holding a grudge? Yes he fukked up, wont be the last player in football to do so (whether so famously or not) but he will improve the team bigtime and we got him for free - potentially the best centre back in the SPL and an internationalist.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but hope there will ne no booing at the games - that would be really poor and not benefit the team at all.

The quote in the article on the official site about returning to a club that "means a lot" to him :yucky:

Sorry Andy, if the club meant that much to you then you wouldn't **** them over in the way that you did.

Not happy about it and would've much preferred him to just disappear down South but he's back now, just hope he gives 110% in every game.

There are ways and means to do things though. I'm not pleased he's signed either but he has so we just need to accept it and try to judge him from now.

I'm with John here.

Need to accept it, but some of the chat about the return of the 'prodigal son' has made my skin crawl and bits of vomit projecting up the back of my throat.

He is a total stain.

I do read it online now and then but not often. Nothing against you but that was a terrible quote. The type of thing some semi depressed teenager would read in a self help group by some no mark american author and then quote to his angst ridden friends in an attempt to show how deep and superior he has become. Utter bollocks IMO.

Well we agree to disagree then - I far prefer to present a positive outlook and look to a more successful future for Hearts, than cling on to grudges. I hated what Webster did at the time - that's now in the past and I'm far more concerned about what he's capable of doing for this club in the future. I want what I'm sure that you want as well - a successful club with a good team on the park bringing trophies back to Gorgie. Andy Webster is more than capable of providing something that will make that possible.

Miller Jambo 60

Aye because football is exactly like every other job, isn't it?

Correct its a job of lovethumbsup.gif as for webbie oops i love him xxxx gorgie rule

Well we agree to disagree then - I far prefer to present a positive outlook and look to a more successful future for Hearts, than cling on to grudges. I hated what Webster did at the time - that's now in the past and I'm far more concerned about what he's capable of doing for this club in the future. I want what I'm sure that you want as well - a successful club with a good team on the park bring trophies back to Gorgie. Andy Webster is more than capable of providing something that will make that possible.

He is also capable of lounging about pretending he's poorly.

That was much nearer to the present and the future than the somewhat distant past you conveniently dwell on.

So it's ok to bring up the past when it suits your arguement then?

Miller Jambo 60

I'm with John here.

Need to accept it, but some of the chat about the return of the 'prodigal son' has made my skin crawl and bits of vomit projecting up the back of my throat.

He is a total stain.

True Scott ,but he better get his head out his aerse.

Cos i for one , will pump him from gorgie to leith wi his ears between his aerse.

Doug.

He is also capable of lounging about pretending he's poorly.

That was much nearer to the present and the future than the somewhat distant past you conveniently dwell on.

So it's ok to bring up the past when it suits your arguement then?

Din't see that when he was at Dundee United!!

Think the "poorly" thing at Rangers was more to do with "Uncle Walter Flu" and money than anything else

kennyblack'sshot

At the time Webster left he was being asked to commit to Hearts for a long time. Yes it was for good money, but I know a lot of Hearts fans who had their doubts then about what Romanov's plans were for the club so it's not surprising some players felt insecure.

Sure, Gordon and Hartley and Rudi signed contracts and ended up getting good moves, which Webby would have got, but he wasn't to know that at the time.

He probably didn't fancy the idea of playing under a new manager every 2 months for the next three years and to be honest at the time I didn't fancy watching a team replacing their manager every 2 months.

If he thought his career could be threatened by tying himself to the madhouse that was Hearts at that time, then I don't blame him for looking for a way out. It would have been his agent (and who knows maybe Rangers) who found out about the loophole, etc. Nothing to do with Webster. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt as a fairly young lad at the time who couldn't have known how everything else was going to work out.

Andy Webster would have happily carried on playing for Hearts until he left. It was Romanov's strong-arm tactics and policy of not playing players who don't sign contracts (something I kind of agree with but am still not sure about) that set the tone for everything that followed.

True Scott ,but he better get his head out his aerse.

Cos i for one , will pump him from gorgie to leith wi his ears between his aerse.

Doug.

haha! :thumbsup:

For me, the rat Webster is dead and has been since the day he left. This new guy we signed, who I have decided to call "dave" is a good player and will do a job for Hearts. Bouzid is total **** and I think "dave" will do a better job.

For me, the rat Webster is dead and has been since the day he left. This new guy we signed, who I have decided to call "dave" is a good player and will do a job for Hearts. Bouzid is total **** and I think "dave" will do a better job.

I'm fine with this Dave Webster character as long as Doug will still pump him to Leith if it turns out he's a waster. :thumbsup:

Din't see that when he was at Dundee United!!

Think the "poorly" thing at Rangers was more to do with "Uncle Walter Flu" and money than anything else

Last seasons the past mate, for goodness sake let it go. It's the future that counts. Or was it the present ? I can't remember. Anyway at present I think Webster is a tosser but I might not think that in the future.

An Outrageous thread form "the windae cleaner" and all those who have posted things such as "GTF Webster" should be ashamed of yourselfs. Webster will improve our squad and when wearing the badge of hearts will be and should be backed by all !

Arthur Morgan

I actually can't wait to see what you and your ilk are like if/when Ehlvis returns as manager.....the hypocrisy on here will be positively beautiful whistling.gif

Me and my ilk? WTF? If Elvis was to ever return as manager, I would welcome him back.

Whether you like it or not Elvis is a Hearts Legend and gave his all for this club, 1 silly moment doesn't change that.

You jhavent read this thread have you?

Not all of it no.

An Outrageous thread form "the windae cleaner" and all those who have posted things such as "GTF Webster" should be ashamed of yourselfs. Webster will improve our squad and when wearing the badge of hearts will be and should be backed by all !

Hurrah!

How do you know he will improve our squad ? He improved Dundee united but didn't exactly do much at witan or ibrox.

I don't think you've understood the thread title either. There's another thread for hypocritical fans like yourself do welcome "big Andy" back to the club.

maroonplatoon87

Whilst I can't hide my anger over the whole saga in 2005, the guy has taken a huge wage cut to come here and maybe feels he owes it too us, let's get right behind a guy that our saviour JJ has belief in.

Welcome home Andy, We are the Hearts

I did not want him, but now he is here, I will support him.

Either way to start a thread to say you do not want a particular signing is quite sad personally.

Me and my ilk? WTF? If Elvis was to ever return as manager, I would welcome him back.

Whether you like it or not Elvis is a Hearts Legend and gave his all for this club, 1 silly moment doesn't change that.

Not all of it no.

Incorrect Jolly. I'm afraid your opinion doesn't count for the majority of Hearts supporters.

Seems like Webster can forgive and forget.......

'....I am grateful to the manager and owner for giving me this chance.....But the fact I have returned to a club which means so much to me - particularly when there were opportunities at other clubs - says everything I need to say on my return...'

Can the more small minded amongst the Hearts support follow the example of Vlad, JJ and Andy?

Just saw this quote on SSN just a minute ago and I couldn't believe it.

Absolutely cringeworthy.

So you weren't at Tynecastle after the game against Aberdeen, when we qualified for the Champions league and saw the guy in a parka, on the pitch in front of the old stand, dancing about with the rest of the team. I was in the Wheatfield, and a bit annoyed a fan had run on the pitch, and may ruin a good celebration.

Someone may be able to dig out the photo from the front, showing Andy Webster that night.

jt

kennyblack'sshot

Why don't those of you determined not to welcome Webster back instead rejoice that him coming back to us was a poke in the eye of Hibs?

What's more painful, Webster playing well for us or playing well against us?

He certainly would have improved their team and many of them are plainly gutted.

Whilst I can't hide my anger over the whole saga in 2005, the guy has taken a huge wage cut to come here and maybe feels he owes it too us, let's get right behind a guy that our saviour JJ has belief in.

Welcome home Andy, We are the Hearts

Where was he offered a better contract?

Why don't those of you determined not to welcome Webster back instead rejoice that him coming back to us was a poke in the eye of Hibs?

What's more painful, Webster playing well for us or playing well against us?

He certainly would have improved their team and many of them are plainly gutted.

Because some of us are more concerned with Hearts than Hibs?

I'm delighted we've signed Andy and think the negativity is bang out of order. Not every football player is a hearts fan. He wanted to play for a bigger club and earn the big bucks, that to me shows ambition. He's a quality centre half who will improve the team. There was less grief when we signed darren jackson, michael stewart and brian hamilton.

Webster will be fully aware what he's getting himself into and I get confidence in the fact that he's got the balls to come back to tynie.

bitter twisted and plain clueless !!!!

superb signing :thumbsup::thumbsup:

How can you say that with such certainty? Can someone, anyone please tell me why this is such a nailed on great signing. He screwed us over in the past. He spends all his time watching daytime tv and he clearly has commitment issues. I know he is capable of being a good player but there are risks involved in this and I'm not talking about the fans not liking him.

Teuchterjambo

I don't think you've understood the thread title either. There's another thread for hypocritical fans like yourself do welcome "big Andy" back to the club.

What nonsense - just because an opinion is different from yours doesn't make it hypocritical. If the guy was slagging him and now is getting behind him then that is hypocritical - do you know that is the case ?

I'm delighted we've signed Andy and think the negativity is bang out of order. Not every football player is a hearts fan. He wanted to play for a bigger club and earn the big bucks, that to me shows ambition. He's a quality centre half who will improve the team. There was less grief when we signed darren jackson, michael stewart and brian hamilton.

Webster will be fully aware what he's getting himself into and I get confidence in the fact that he's got the balls to come back to tynie.

His bank balance may be his prime concern. You call it having the balls i call it being thick skinned.

There's a lot of ridiculous posts on what's quite frankly a ridiculous thread. Are people really this childish? The man made a mistake ffs he was advised badly get over it.

I'm fine with this Dave Webster character as long as Doug will still pump him to Leith if it turns out he's a waster. :thumbsup:

Just "dave" mate. I fail to recognise the last part. I will look forward to Doug booting him down to leith should he be a waster.

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I hate all this 'badly advised' pish. If he had any feeling for the club, I think his 'moral judgement' would have came into play at some point? Or maybe he doesn't really do morals.

I'll still support the team, But webster can feck off.

portobellojambo1

I need some good performances before I forgive. Past differences aside he does seem to spend a lot of time on the treatment table.

Given the level of support some Hearts fans give to David Obua for scoring one goal against Hibs yet offering feck all else I would imagine those "incensed" by this signing will be over it within 2 or 3 weeks.

A brilliant piece of business by HMFC, anything which makes us better on the park has to be applauded.

Scottish internationalist tht captained a cup winning team just last year, great signing, any other thought and you are a knuckle dragger that stupidly spouted abuse to Andy last month

His bank balance may be his prime concern. You call it having the balls i call it being thick skinned.

Bank balances are one of most people's concerns.

It's a great bit of business by us, quality international player, signed on a free, who will improve the team in a position that we also need cover.

I did not want him, but now he is here, I will support him.

Either way to start a thread to say you do not want a particular signing is quite sad personally.

What a daft comment. This is a Hearts fans forum and people give opinions on Hearts. Some want him and some dont. Its okay to have a thread that welcomes him but sad to have one which reflects the other side of the coin?

If you support him thats good for you, so fire onto the thread that welcomes him, as opposed to using the thread which clearly states its a negative one, as a chance to have a dig.

Incorrect Jolly. I'm afraid your opinion doesn't count for the majority of Hearts supporters.

Correct. Not any that I know.

Scottish internationalist tht captained a cup winning team just last year, great signing, any other thought and you are a knuckle dragger that stupidly spouted abuse to Andy last month

Abusing an opposition player who done the dirty on the club you support. Real caveman stuff. Where will it all end?

What nonsense - just because an opinion is different from yours doesn't make it hypocritical. If the guy was slagging him and now is getting behind him then that is hypocritical - do you know that is the case ?

Perhaps not in this guy's case. I know what way the board was swinging a couple of weeks ago and I know how it looks now. To say it's not full of hypocrisy would be ridiculous.

As long as you all know how ridiculous this thread is ! and i will comment no more but :-

WELCOME BACK "BIG ANDY" :thumbsup:

gorgie rd eh11

There's been a lot easier times to find out roasters...this really isn't one of them.

You can't expect people to just turn off contempt they have for someone who done the dirty on the club that we all support, I'd argue that the fact that you taking this stance singles you out as one of the roasters.

:lol:

I remember last week you thought people who couldn't "just turn off their contempt" for hibs were roasters. Hibs winning was for the greater good of Hearts so you had to want them to win.

Now you can't just turn off your contempt for Andy Webster even though he will increase the quality of Hearts squad. You need to make up your mind what constitutes a roaster. :)

Disliking the signing of a guy who shafted us just 5 years ago automatically makes you a knuckle dragger. Behave yourself sunshine.

What a daft comment. This is a Hearts fans forum and people give opinions on Hearts. Some want him and some dont. Its okay to have a thread that welcomes him but sad to have one which reflects the other side of the coin?

If you support him thats good for you, so fire onto the thread that welcomes him, as opposed to using the thread which clearly states its a negative one, as a chance to have a dig.

OK, I will be clear, the sub header was 'Negative Comments Only' which is sad, and yes, the opposite is true too. No-one here should specify on any thread what people should think or say.

As long as you all know how ridiculous this thread is ! and i will comment no more but :-

WELCOME BACK "BIG ANDY" :thumbsup:

Honestly, your making me squirm.

I hate all this 'badly advised' pish. If he had any feeling for the club, I think his 'moral judgement' would have came into play at some point? Or maybe he doesn't really do morals.

I'll still support the team, But webster can feck off.

Ukol's got this thread under control, so I'mma let him finish, but this "badly advised" stuff is doing my nut in as well.

Just excuse-making of the first order for some shitheel antics. Plus, from speaking to a friend of Webster's very recently, this is not Webster's perception of events either. If folk are going to just make stuff up, at least try not to state it as fact, thanks.

Thank feck this site isn't representative of the Hearts support as a whole, by the way.

Archived