The Your not Welcome Andy Thread

the windae cleaner

the windae cleaner

Sorry i might be in the minority here but i dont want this money grabbin hun anywhere near the club

he ripped us for erse paper .... $hat on us and Arbroath to Orchestrate a move to his beloved Huns..

will never accept him back :down:

rant over

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry i might be in the minority here but i dont want this money grabbin hun anywhere near the club

he ripped us for erse paper .... $hat on us and Arbroath to Orchestrate a move to his beloved Huns..

rant over

You could always change your username to 'Windae licker'.....?

:verysmug:

rant over

tough, he's here!

Deal with it :rolleyes:

rant over

He did all of the above but now he's back he'll get my support. This strengthens the team and that'll do for me.

I agree with this and am :seething: at the news he has signed.

Until a week ago, everyone still hated him. Now 90% of Hearts fans are treating him like the prodigal son. He messed us over, I'll be wanting MOTM performances for the rest of the season if I'm to let bygones be bygones. :down:

Guest John Meurig Thomas

tough, he's here!

Deal with it :rolleyes:

He did all of the above but now he's back he'll get my support. This strengthens the team and that'll do for me.

What part of "negative comments only" do you divs not understand?

Rudolf's Mate

I wish people would stop bringing Arbroath in to it! Would you care if we dine the dirty on them over a player??? Not likely!

the windae cleaner

you could always change your avatar so something a bit less Butch :whistling:

I wish people would stop bringing Arbroath in to it! Would you care if we dine the dirty on them over a player??? Not likely!

No, but then I'm not an Arbroath supporter. In the same way I wasn't pissed off about Bamba leaving because I'm not a Hibs fan.

What's your point? :blink:

the windae cleaner

I trust none of you posters will ever leave your job for another job with a bigger firm and a bigger Salary???

nope self employed :thumbsup:

I trust none of you posters will ever leave your job for another job with a bigger firm and a bigger Salary???

There are ways and means to do things though. I'm not pleased he's signed either but he has so we just need to accept it and try to judge him from now.

Rudolf's Mate

What part of "negative comments only" do you divs not understand?

For the divs that dont understand modern technology.....

Those of us on mobiles cannot see the second subject info!!!

Guest John Meurig Thomas

Aye because football is exactly like every other job, isn't it?

Magic thread, it'll bring the zoomers and the undercover hibbies together.

Ps - I'm no a zoomer or an undercover hibbie!

I was rather hoping it would bring out those who have to resort to petty name calling and sh1t chat. Oh wait...

The only loyalty footballers have is to themselves. So welcome back Andy I forgive you. You're no different from any other professional in the modern game. Ignore the petty chip on their shoulder posts on here.

bigbryanthejambo

Gutted doesnae even cover it when I saw this tonight. :( Massive fail. Tis a dark dark day Jambos. Hope Blackie halfs him in his first game of Fives at Riccarton.

Get over it - he's here - he's committed to us for two and a half years and he obviously wants to play for us.

Forgive and forget - Vlad obviously has.

If vlad can forgive and he lost the most then surely we can too

I need some good performances before I forgive. Past differences aside he does seem to spend a lot of time on the treatment table.

There are ways and means to do things though. I'm not pleased he's signed either but he has so we just need to accept it and try to judge him from now.

I am delighted he has signed he will improve us so im happy with that!!

To be honest anyone who does give him pelters then i would argue are a bit hipocritical rather than the people who would support him!

Guest John Meurig Thomas

Why is it not like???

Do 10,000 people come and watch you do your job every week? Do they respect you and make you a small part of their lives? Are you in the papers every day for what you do? Are you idolised by loads of wee kids under 12? Do youngsters buy your uniform and pretend to be you in the playground? Do you have the ability to temporarily affect the mood of a lot of people based on how you perform?

There's a few reasons, jayjay.

Get over it - he's here - he's committed to us for two and a half years and he obviously wants to play for us.

Forgive and forget - Vlad obviously has.

He was committed to playing for rangers as well but never seemed to manage it much. His commitment to our cause is still to be proven. All he has done so far is take the highest wage on offer ( I suspect ).

Teuchterjambo

rant over

Can understand your feellings, maybe not totally agree but have some sympathy with them - here are a few of questions that you will have to mull over on your own and answer for yourself.

So when he plays will you only support 10 of the boys in maroon ?

What do you feel about the club after obviously offering agreeable terms for him to sign ?

Given that he was the free agent and the club moved for him - are you able to support the club at all given your outrage ?

Will you let your feelings over ride the judgement of JJ ?

I am no Romanov fan but this time he has proved to be a bigger man than we may have thought, certainly bigger than AW - Are you a big enough to back JJ and Vlad because it is their decision that made it happen ?

I suspect you will get over it Windae Cleaner because you are a Jambo and it is the club that is important at the end of the day - not one individual. You will move on as we all must and hopefully it is onwards and upwards.

:thumbsup:

JamboAberdeen

Gutted to see him coming back.

Though I won't boo him, I won't applaud him either, until he showed us why we have to forgive him, as quickly as possible.

Otherwise, those one on Welcome-Andy bandwagon will soon turn their back.

Teuchterjambo

I agree with this and am :seething: at the news he has signed.

Until a week ago, everyone still hated him. Now 90% of Hearts fans are treating him like the prodigal son. He messed us over, I'll be wanting MOTM performances for the rest of the season if I'm to let bygones be bygones. :down:

So man of the match performances will overcome your outrage and your points of principle - now tell me how does that work ?

I am delighted he has signed he will improve us so im happy with that!!

To be honest anyone who does give him pelters then i would argue are a bit hipocritical rather than the people who would support him!

I'm not going to give him pelters but he has it all to prove. The Huns thought he would help there defence this season too. Whether he will improve us remains to be seen.

Guest C00l K1d

Funny how whenever a thread used to come about webster it was always... ''dirty hun.. bla bla bla''

But now the majority are welcoming him back with open arms.

I understand the whole maroon jersey chat but there's a line and imo he crossed it

So man of the match performances will overcome your outrage and your points of principle - now tell me how does that work ?

If he does well, and plays for the team then I'm not going to act like a dick towards him. Pretty simple really. :blink:

He was committed to playing for rangers as well but never seemed to manage it much. His commitment to our cause is still to be proven. All he has done so far is take the highest wage on offer ( I suspect ).

I think you'll find that is the case with most professional footballers. Not making any excuses for Webster's past behaviour - I think the behaviour of both he and his agent towards the club was pretty poor - however I do think that he is a pretty good central defender and better than what we've got here just now. If he is committed to playing for us and puts in the effort and performances - then I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt.

Do 10,000 people come and watch you do your job every week? Do they respect you and make you a small part of their lives? Are you in the papers every day for what you do? Are you idolised by loads of wee kids under 12? Do youngsters buy your uniform and pretend to be you in the playground? Do you have the ability to temporarily affect the mood of a lot of people based on how you perform?

There's a few reasons, jayjay.

to be honest half the things u said is the same as in any job!

Guest John Meurig Thomas

to be honest half the things u said is the same as in any job!

Exactly - apart from football (or other big ish sports).

That's my point.

Funny how whenever a thread used to come about webster it was always... ''dirty hun.. bla bla bla''

But now the majority are welcoming him back with open arms.

I understand the whole maroon jersey chat but there's a line and imo he crossed it

This,

Of course , all of this is conveniently forgotten by the numerous posters who vented their collective spleens at the time he left and on numerous threads since then.

Vlad must eating a huge portion of humble pie tonight.

never before on kickback had such a opportunity to weed out the roasters been so easy. not supporting websters return is absolutely ridiculous. think folk are expecting too much from footballers with their rose tinted glasses on thinking about when players held clubs loyally.

If he gives us performances on the park all is forgiven.

Hearts winning games is what matters the most.

Teuchterjambo

If he does well, and plays for the team then I'm not going to act like a dick towards him. Pretty simple really. :blink:

Fair answer - my point was that some people seem to be taking the high morale ground on this and once they take that then performance shouldn't affect their position.

You seem to have it all in proper perspective - he's a footballer and if he does the business for the club then we will accept that for what it is .

:thumbsup:

rant over

As I said the ohter day mate, I don't see footballers as anything other than free agents who come and go and they please.

Their loyalty is only to themselves and the opinions we form of them is part of an attachment that only goes one way, never to be reciprocated.

Therefore, I'm only interested in the here and now, and what this individual can offer the greater collective.

Webster is a top SPL defender and a much better player than that other free spirit, Ismail Bouzid.

Welcome back, Andrew.

siegementality

It's at times like this when you realise how many complete feck wits support Hearts. Welcome back Andy. In JJ I trust.

Seems like Webster can forgive and forget.......

'....I am grateful to the manager and owner for giving me this chance.....But the fact I have returned to a club which means so much to me - particularly when there were opportunities at other clubs - says everything I need to say on my return...'

Can the more small minded amongst the Hearts support follow the example of Vlad, JJ and Andy?

Just saw this quote on SSN just a minute ago and I couldn't believe it.

Absolutely cringeworthy.

I think you'll find that is the case with most professional footballers. Not making any excuses for Webster's past behaviour - I think the behaviour of both he and his agent towards the club was pretty poor - however I do think that he is a pretty good central defender and better than what we've got here just now. If he is committed to playing for us and puts in the effort and performances - then I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt.

We are actually almost in agreement. If he puts in the effort and performances etc then he will get the fans backing. All I am saying is he has got it all too prove and that signing up to the highest bidder doesn't prove a lot.

Archived